Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,402

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
curious

Ocoee, FL

#112628 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't have a body? You don't have hair? You don't have teeth? You don't have ears"? You don't have two arms, two legs, two hands, two thumbs, two eyes, two nostrils, a brain, a spine, nerves, and bones? I could go on and on.
Do you have the ability to replicate? Does your kind have a womb and bear offspring from their bodies? Does your kind give milk to feed the offspring? I could go on, but I am sure your mind is closed off to our similarities because it offends your senses.
Yes ,Sir Isaac Newton dealt with those issues ,way back when;

Isaac Newton
In a paper of a few pages, entitled A Short Scheme of the True Religion he discusses Godliness, Atheism, Idolatry and Humanity, or our duty to man. Relevant to Creation he wrote:

... Can it be by accident that all birds, beasts, and men have their right side and left side alike shaped,(except in their bowels,) and just two eyes, and no more, on either side of the face; and just two ears on either side of the head, and a nose with two holes; and either two fore- legs, or two wings, or two arms on the shoulders, and two legs on the hips, and no more? Whence arises this uniformity in all their outward shapes but from the counsel and contrivances of an Author? Whence is it that the eyes of all sorts of living creatures are transparent to the very bottom, and the only transparent members in the body, having on the outside a hard transparent skin, and within transparent humours, with a crystalline lens in the middle, and a pupil before the lens, all of them so finely shaped and fitted for vision, that no artist can mend them? Did blind chance know that there was light, and what was its refraction, and fit the eyes of all creatures, after the most curious manner, to make use of it? These, and suchlike considerations, always have, and ever will prevail with mankind, to believe that there is a Being who made all things, and has all things in his power, and who is therefore to be feared.

BTW You need to keep taking that Outsiders test till you get it right. Which will be never...

Try the God test...If you diligently seek me , you will find me.
You need only take it once ,,,,Given you accurately follow the instructions....

Since: Feb 09

Lexington, KY

#112629 Sep 7, 2013
So what is the purpose of this topic? Just to argue with each other till the end of the world? Truly this is not how one should live life. What makes this such and interesting topic to bash each other. And what of man kind role in this?

There have been studies on religion much deeper then this pathetic little fight you guys are having over this. In the study, they research every religion ever known to man kind. Two things show up in all the religions, can you guess what it is?

1) They claim to be the right religion of all religion.
2) They point to one Deity.

Some where down the line, religion got reworked, remade, re-translated. It seems that the closest religion to be correct, is no other then Wicca. Given, lets break this down. Can you tell me the names of the King of Gods in Greek and in Egypt? By chance, could that be the same God with a different name? Make it more simple for Christians to understand this. Even the Bible says God is known for many names, does it not say that? What if by chance, Jehovah is also Zeus? Maybe Hercules was Jesus.

What if there is a god, but not the way most religion believe nor see it nor understand it. Wicca nickname is called Old Religion, but was made over to this age to better understood. Wicca believes that there is one Deity, and everything makes up that Deity. Gods and Goddess, demigods as well. Take one out and the Deity is for ever lost.

I do not bash Christians, but I do use them for example because they are well known but sadly to say, can not agree with each other as well. If you study the religions carefully with an open minded, you can tell that different angels from the Bible, are gods or goddess in religion. Who is Hades from the Bible, I bet one of the angles starts with a G.

But with people, being open minded is just too much to think over, and no one will ever really give in to hearing out what another person says because they want to be right, they want to believe that something they believed in all their life was true, and not one big lie they lived all their life.

Just something to think about.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#112630 Sep 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I can not grasp what you said because you have said nothing that I could hear. I have read what you have WRITTEN ,which according to you , I should consider as " the pitiful writings of men"
Your explanation about the chicken should be featured on a comedy show.
You are alluding to an unwitnessed event that no one knows took place ,where it took place or when it took place.
other than , according to you "Chicken and Chicken Egg occurred at the exact same instant when the first person Name the foul he converted"
But I could be wrong ,, Were you there ? or did someone tell you about it? If so ,was it hundreds of years after this event took place?
You know where I am going with that ...I will go no further.
LOL
So you think there were flocks of wild Chickens roaming the mountains right behind those wild herds of Herefords and people just built coops and they came a running... Don't need to be there when there is ample Evidence of the domestication of wild animals and their selective breeding into the animals we take for granted today like cats and dogs... So I don't need to be there to form a rational, logical explanation as to the conversion of wild game by man to a Chicken... Before someone called it a chicken it would have not made much sense to have a chicken egg now would it... If what it was before we called it a chicken was a Grouse it would lay Grouse Eggs... See where I'm going with this....

London, KY

#112631 Sep 7, 2013
JCototheburn wrote:
So what is the purpose of this topic? Just to argue with each other till the end of the world? Truly this is not how one should live life. What makes this such and interesting topic to bash each other. And what of man kind role in this?
There have been studies on religion much deeper then this pathetic little fight you guys are having over this. In the study, they research every religion ever known to man kind. Two things show up in all the religions, can you guess what it is?
Some where down the line, religion got reworked, remade, re-translated. It seems that the closest religion to be correct, is no other then Wicca. Given, lets break this down. Can you tell me the names of the King of Gods in Greek and in Egypt? By chance, could that be the same God with a different name? Make it more simple for Christians to understand this. Even the Bible says God is known for many names, does it not say that? What if by chance, Jehovah is also Zeus? Maybe Hercules was Jesus.
What if there is a god, but not the way most religion believe nor see it nor understand it. Wicca nickname is called Old Religion, but was made over to this age to better understood. Wicca believes that there is one Deity, and everything makes up that Deity. Gods and Goddess, demigods as well. Take one out and the Deity is for ever lost.
I do not bash Christians, but I do use them for example because they are well known but sadly to say, can not agree with each other as well. If you study the religions carefully with an open minded, you can tell that different angels from the Bible, are gods or goddess in religion. Who is Hades from the Bible, I bet one of the angles starts with a G.
But with people, being open minded is just too much to think over, and no one will ever really give in to hearing out what another person says because they want to be right, they want to believe that something they believed in all their life was true, and not one big lie they lived all their life.
Just something to think about.
"So what is the purpose of this topic? Just to argue with each other till the end of the world?"

Yes.....

London, KY

#112632 Sep 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ,Sir Isaac Newton dealt with those issues ,way back when;
Isaac Newton
In a paper of a few pages, entitled A Short Scheme of the True Religion he discusses Godliness, Atheism, Idolatry and Humanity, or our duty to man. Relevant to Creation he wrote:
... Can it be by accident that all birds, beasts, and men have their right side and left side alike shaped,(except in their bowels,) and just two eyes, and no more, on either side of the face; and just two ears on either side of the head, and a nose with two holes; and either two fore- legs, or two wings, or two arms on the shoulders, and two legs on the hips, and no more? Whence arises this uniformity in all their outward shapes but from the counsel and contrivances of an Author? Whence is it that the eyes of all sorts of living creatures are transparent to the very bottom, and the only transparent members in the body, having on the outside a hard transparent skin, and within transparent humours, with a crystalline lens in the middle, and a pupil before the lens, all of them so finely shaped and fitted for vision, that no artist can mend them? Did blind chance know that there was light, and what was its refraction, and fit the eyes of all creatures, after the most curious manner, to make use of it? These, and suchlike considerations, always have, and ever will prevail with mankind, to believe that there is a Being who made all things, and has all things in his power, and who is therefore to be feared.
BTW You need to keep taking that Outsiders test till you get it right. Which will be never...
Try the God test...If you diligently seek me , you will find me.
You need only take it once ,,,,Given you accurately follow the instructions....
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/medi...

http://www.theamazingpics.com/wp-content/uplo...

Not to mention one arm longer than the other, one side of the face different from the other, One boob bigger then the other, one leg shorter than the other..... Besides the all the animals with 8 eyes, 1000 eyes, or both eyes on one side of the head...

Living organisms change to fit the environment they develop in and the environments shapes them ... You see something that has taken millions to billions of years to be what it is and think it made for that environment without understanding that it was the Environment that made the organism as it is in the first place....

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#112633 Sep 7, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This teaching is contradictory to other sermons he taught. That is why it was never considered doctrine.
Joseph Smith believed Adam is God. I see why Brigham Young taught this as doctrine also.

It may surprise some, but Brigham Young's Adam-God connection is in harmony with the teachings of Joseph Smith. It was Joseph Smith who declared that Adam was, in fact, the Ancient of Days. Doctrine and Covenants 27:11; 116:1; 138:38 all state that Adam is the Ancient of Days.

Joseph Smith even attempted to get the Bible to concur with this thought when he said, "Daniel in his seventh chapter speaks of the Ancient of Days, he means the oldest man, our Father Adam..." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 157). Smith was referring to Daniel 7:13 which reads, "I saw the night visions, and behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days and they brought him near before him."

Roseville, CA

#112634 Sep 7, 2013
Nothing ruins a good story like the other side.
Actually

United States

#112635 Sep 7, 2013
I think

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#112636 Sep 7, 2013
JCototheburn wrote:
Some feel it is just a thread to argue on.
Some feel it is about holy myths not being allowed in public schools.
JCototheburn wrote:
In the study, they research every religion ever known to man kind. Two things show up in all the religions, can you guess what it is?
Yes they are all correct in their own mind.
JCototheburn wrote:
It seems that the closest religion to be correct, is no other then Wicca.
A wiccan once said "1) They claim to be the right religion of all religion."
JCototheburn wrote:
Even the Bible says God is known for many names, does it not say that? What if by chance, Jehovah is also Zeus? Maybe Hercules was Jesus.
What if by chance a myth is just a myth.
Maybe a delusion was a delusion.
JCototheburn wrote:
But with people, being open minded is just too much to think over, and no one will ever really give in to hearing out what another person says because they want to be right.
For some on this thread your statement rings true. I agree.

Roseville, CA

#112637 Sep 7, 2013
It's never too late to lose a cult.

Roseville, CA

#112638 Sep 7, 2013

How To Resign From The Mormon Church

http://www.mormonnomore.com/

Roseville, CA

#112639 Sep 7, 2013

Roseville, CA

#112640 Sep 7, 2013
Higher education can prove enlightening for some.

Matthew D. Staheli, 2011

Why did I leave? Not only is there zero evidence that anything taught by the Mormon Church is true (something that I could live with), there is actually countering evidence opposing almost everything that the Mormon Church teaches to be true (something that I could not live with). As a scientist, it is impossible for me to believe something that has mountains of evidence against it.
let

Clintwood, VA

#112641 Sep 7, 2013
Let them study the Bible. It's not gonna hurt anyone.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#112643 Sep 7, 2013
let wrote:
Let them study the Bible. It's not gonna hurt anyone.
Jehovah’s Witnesses—Who Are We?
We come from hundreds of ethnic and language backgrounds, yet we are united by common goals. Above all, we want to honor Jehovah, the God of the Bible and the Creator of all things. We do our best to imitate Jesus Christ and are proud to be called Christians. Each of us regularly spends time helping people learn about the Bible and God’s Kingdom. Because we witness, or talk, about Jehovah God and his Kingdom, we are known as Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#112644 Sep 7, 2013

We come from hundreds of ethnic and language backgrounds, yet we are united by common goals. Above all, we want to honor Jehovah, the God of the Bible and the Creator of all things. We do our best to imitate Jesus Christ and are proud to be called Christians. Each of us regularly spends time helping people learn about the Bible and God’s Kingdom. Because we witness, or talk, about Jehovah God and his Kingdom, we are known as Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#112645 Sep 7, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
Higher education can prove enlightening for some.
Matthew D. Staheli, 2011
Why did I leave? Not only is there zero evidence that anything taught by the Mormon Church is true (something that I could live with), there is actually countering evidence opposing almost everything that the Mormon Church teaches to be true (something that I could not live with). As a scientist, it is impossible for me to believe something that has mountains of evidence against it.

TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#112646 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> it really just boggles my mind.
As if THAT would be difficult?
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#112647 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am not disputing this post, just wanted to point out how hypocritical it is.
Oh okay, thank you for the daily dose of the H word from the whited sepulcher Duquette!!
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#112648 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The name is DARWIN. Guess you do not have enough respect to say the name properly. Typical of hypocrites.
Did anyone claim Darwin's theory was the theory for everything? Nope, so why divert and rant about this?
You and YaA both do the same, divert from what is the theory, to what is not the theory, as if that had anything to do with the debate. Got a problem with Darwin? Then spit it out, but diverting just makes you look to have no valid argument.
INCOMPLETE, Flawed theory.

Does NOT validated, or even really give explanation for that matter, on the actual beginnings of the "origins of life".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WET vote supported by Artemus church deacon 1 hr Vote wet 3
New wet vote petition started today please sign... 1 hr The real truth 14
Alcohol petition discussion removed! 1 hr County Worker 10
Vote Dry send our Money to Corbin !?!?!? 6 hr Interested person 2
Where to sign WET petition ?"??? 8 hr Dude 3
looking to buy a electric fence charger 9 hr beans 1
Keep our town DRY 11 hr Crack Kills 17
Romeo's Italian Resturant 13 hr Boozer 8
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Thu marsh 55
Barbourville Dating