Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,260

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112605 Sep 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are to discuss the irrational and illogical let us begin with the following;
The Universe , all therein including life as we know it could not have been created by a super intelligence well beyond our abilities to comprehend .
It could only have been created by accidental means.
Because we are unable to identify this supernatural power by using natural means , we therefore must conclude that;
You must not conclude a supernatural power. It is just your superstition to assign the supernatural to all things not yet known.
Even Jesus had this problem, as he assigned demons to germs. His era was ignorant to germs, so they assigned a supernatural power to its effects, just as you are doing now to the big bang.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112606 Sep 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I
Once this something was created from nothing it was able to acquire intelligence and life by some unexplainable means.
There you go assuming we all believe their was ever "nothing". It is not what I think happened.
And again, just because it is unexplainable, or maybe just hard for you to fathom, does not mean you should assign the supernatural to it.
The ancients did not understand weather, so they assigned supernatural gods to the weather. The ancients did not understand the sun, moon and planets, so they assigned supernatural gods to them. We know better now, when are you going to learn?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112607 Sep 7, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
and I think America is sick of all the war mongering and deviant division tacTics of depravity too.
Imbecilic Nutcases.
Yes, Bush and the republican party gave us enough of that last decade. It is about time you got the memo.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112608 Sep 7, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will help answer your question.
http://www.lds.org/ensign/1996/02/discerning-...
So now you do not even attempt to answer the questions, but just send us straight to the propaganda web site?
Well thanks for showing us how you get your answers. It is not from your mind and understanding of scriptures, it is straight from propaganda. Who would have guessed.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112609 Sep 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

How this happened can not be explained other than to say that over a period of billions of years , it did occur.
O.
Again, just because it is not explained (to you) does not mean it had to be of the supernatural. This is what the incredibly superstitious do.

Let me also point out, I do not need to know all answers to all things in order to know the god of the bible is immoral and sounds made up by power hungry men to control the superstitious people. That is evident from the horrors the bible tells of the many murders by the people on your team in the name of your god.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#112610 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Bush and the republican party gave us enough of that last decade. It is about time you got the memo.
Not Bushes fault he had the burden of having to deal with a NATO request to push back a rogue, chemical weapons slinging, nation invading thug like Saddam, and the resulting domino effects enacted by the extreme jihadist-psychopath bin_laden et al.

The main differences being-we weren't LOOKING to start war, like the current clown in office.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112611 Sep 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

Only thing I have in common with monkeys is that we both like bananas and like to climb trees.
So you don't have a body? You don't have hair? You don't have teeth? You don't have ears"? You don't have two arms, two legs, two hands, two thumbs, two eyes, two nostrils, a brain, a spine, nerves, and bones? I could go on and on.
Do you have the ability to replicate? Does your kind have a womb and bear offspring from their bodies? Does your kind give milk to feed the offspring? I could go on, but I am sure your mind is closed off to our similarities because it offends your senses.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112612 Sep 7, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Bushes fault he had the burden of having to deal with a NATO request to push back a rogue, chemical weapons slinging, nation invading thug like Saddam, and the resulting domino effects enacted by the extreme jihadist-psychopath bin_laden et al.
The main differences being-we weren't LOOKING to start war, like the current clown in office.
Are you serious? Not looking for war? Not Bush's fault? Bullshit. It is all Bush's fault, and he wanted war. He sought war. He begged for war. He got his war.

Look at the partisan, giving a pass to his boy. What a joke you are. You have no credibility to say a thing about Obama in war if this is your attitude. Why? Because you have double standards. Double standards are a true sign of being wrong. This is how I judge religion, and this is how I judge you. You are consistently a hypocrite. You are so consistently hypocritical, it really just boggles my mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112613 Sep 7, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because YaA doesn't subject everyone posting around him, to misery, doesn't mean this country isn't real, or that everyone in it that holds a belief in Jesus is delusional.
It just means that those of you that want to insult others for believing differently from what you don't believe, against those who exhibit a certain decency in humanity, kindness, ethics and RESPECT of and for Others, have a BAD and negative attitude.
Shame on YOU and THEM.
Didn't your parents ever teach you ANY thing, other than half wit heathern hedonism and bullying tacTics?
Shame on THEM too, if not!
So straighten up, there's NO reason to interject such ignorance and ugliness . None whatsoever! It just totally degrades and degenerates descent discussions DOWN, into the lowest level realms of stupid.
I am not disputing this post, just wanted to point out how hypocritical it is.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112614 Sep 7, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched a Priest (with some major Phd type degrees in Science) and a Physicist say almost the same thing yesterday, on a show about Darwin and BOTH of them agreed, while evo's NS theory on environmental adaption is fairly obvious, Derwin missed/lacked a lot and therefore the theory is still incomplete FLAWED, NOT in any way, a theory for "everything", as it in NO way explains the actual "beginning of life" as we know it...as in the theory does NOT apply to THAT.
They used Loius Pasteur's research to VERIFY why it obviously does NOT apply to Derwins NS theory.(which in YaA's defense, he HAS pointedly stated that on more than one occasion, just in a different manner).
Thoughts (much preferred, rather than just letting abject ignorance runneth outeth thy handeths as they posteth)?
And keep it decent and respectful of OTHERS please.
The name is DARWIN. Guess you do not have enough respect to say the name properly. Typical of hypocrites.
Did anyone claim Darwin's theory was the theory for everything? Nope, so why divert and rant about this?
You and YaA both do the same, divert from what is the theory, to what is not the theory, as if that had anything to do with the debate. Got a problem with Darwin? Then spit it out, but diverting just makes you look to have no valid argument.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#112615 Sep 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You really can't grasp what I said can you... Method of Conversion varies widely but there is no evidence of anything ever being Created...
Just because you have not taken the time in your life to learn of the records that exist or assume the only records that count are those written by men is only your personal issues... The Records are written at every point of conversion in the very elemental make up of the converted... And one must actually learn how to read those records which are far more informative than the pitiful writings of men...
Now back to the Egg thing.. The Question has Never been which came first the Chicken or the Chicken Egg... The Question has always been for as long as it has been asked which came first the chicken or the egg... Simple Chickens did not exist until Man took a Wild Foul and selectively bred it into what we call a Chicken... Chicken and Chicken Egg occurred at the exact same instant when the first person Name the foul he converted... But the "Egg" dates back Billions of years, long before animals walked the land....
I can not grasp what you said because you have said nothing that I could hear. I have read what you have WRITTEN ,which according to you , I should consider as " the pitiful writings of men"
Your explanation about the chicken should be featured on a comedy show.
You are alluding to an unwitnessed event that no one knows took place ,where it took place or when it took place.
other than , according to you "Chicken and Chicken Egg occurred at the exact same instant when the first person Name the foul he converted"
But I could be wrong ,, Were you there ? or did someone tell you about it? If so ,was it hundreds of years after this event took place?
You know where I am going with that ...I will go no further.
LOL

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112616 Sep 7, 2013
Azazel wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up as a JW and we were not allowed to say the pledge at school because we were not allowed to pledge our allegiance to anyone except God. We could stand but we had to keep our hands down to our side and be quiet. If they played the national anthem then we were not allowed to stand for that and had to remain seated.
That makes it hard on children who then get picked on and asked why they hate their country or why they hate God. The adult JWs seldom had to go through this so it was real easy for the parents to tell their children how much it would displease God and how we might as well bow down before Satan.
Just another example of mind control over children to brainwash them at a young age. What a wasted youth.
And I note the JW do not try to dispute the system to make law, so none protested the pledge being in schools.
Thanks for showing how this pledge violates some persons religious beliefs. This is precisely why America is secular, and this pledge is not secular. The contradiction of this pledge is startling to me. It blows my mind so many cannot see the contradiction.
These people have no idea of the value of secularism.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112617 Sep 7, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>There is less written "About" Plato, and yet you believe he existed!
Of course... don't believe what Millions of Christ's followers tell you about what Christ did for us!
Just remember this...
When you NEED Him, His Name is Jesus!
Call on Him!
You'll be Glad you did!
No one worships Plato. Plato's words are not hinged upon Plato existing or not. It does not matter if Plato was Plato. It does not matter if the writings attributed to Plato were of Plato.
Plato's words are just food for thought. No one need hinge his worldview on Plato's every word. He is free to accept of not accept his philosophies. No threats of eternal lakes of fire come with Plato's advice. Plato makes no demands. He is simply a philosopher and claims to be no more than that.

Now apply that to your Jesus. You go far beyond just taking his words as advice, you insist he is a god and must be obeyed. You insist his death caused some absolution of peoples atrocities.
I say he has no right to give this absolution, because I do not see him as a god. I am not even sure he was a person. And you cannot prove either.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112618 Sep 7, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>We see what you Anti-Americans do to our Country...
I'll help you pack... Please leave MY Country!
So I am anti-American because I oppose the pledge? Well thanks for proving my point.
You show why it is harmful to those who just sit during this pledge. Because kids with your mentality will ostracize them for simply practicing their rights. The right to religious freedom. The right not to pledge or pray to a god. Note the JW's do not do this, as it is a sacrilege to them.

What I find Anti American is anti secularism. And you show that clearly.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112619 Sep 7, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>We see what you Anti-Americans do to our Country...
I'll help you pack... Please leave MY Country!
It is not your country, it is all of ours. You do not tell me I must leave. Clearly you do not know how this country works. Ever heard of freedom? Evidently not. How anti American of you.
You blindly pledge yet do not even understand the core value of America, secularism.
I suspect if you really understood America was meant to be secular, you might just hate the idea of America.
Your bible is anti secularism. Your god does not promote secularism. Your bible promotes the murder of those who worship beings other than your god. This is anti secularism. This is why America is secular. America is the system that stops the murder of non believers. It's secular ideals have spread around the world. Not yet all over, as Muslims are slow to follow this ideals.
Thankfully our secularism keeps you religious fanatics in check. You cannot legally murder non believers anymore.
haven0t forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#112620 Sep 7, 2013
This was not written to me, but I want to take the opportunity to strongly agree with you in your condemnation of that commenter. And of almost every Republican and rightwing hypocrit, whether in media, political office or campaign operation, or individual citizen. I think that the haters are traitors, effectively, beginning with Rush Limbaugh and everyone who supports him, and including most of Fox, Ann Coulter and all the other - excuse me ladies - rightwing blonde bimbos on TV.

I think much of what was Bush's fault was even more the fault of those who promoted him as a candidate for President, when he was not qualified, and then of his high officials, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Wolfowitz, Pipes, Fieith, Abrams, Poindexter, and of the media neocons who so avidly promoted the war - Crystal, however it is spelled, and so many others, and not even excusing some of the socalled mainstream media.

I am now proud of many on MSNBC who are strongly anti-invasion of Syria - Chris Matthews is a bit hotheaded about it, but Chris Hayes is magnificent as usual in his careful thoughtfulness. I also am proud of Rachel, Larry O'Donnell (Last Word), Ezra Klein, Ed Schultz, and the other outspoken ones, and even the pretty ones!
I believe that the evidence is probably convincing. I doubt that the outcome of a US military strike would be better than to wait and try other options first. If Syria launches a second chemical weapon attack because of international inaction, then there would be a better case and a better chance to round up more allies. but I favor something more radical, such as asking Russia to develop a zone around its naval base, for Assad and his supporters, but with access to the sea for international shippint. Then the chemical weapons should be gathered into the Russian naval zone, and safely destroyed with UN supervision. Let Russia be the heroes who save the situation, that would be the one way to get them to help. Then partition Syria, and move people into land areas occupied by people with one religion and tribe, and whatever, and make it a federation. Half of the Middle Eastern nations need to be divided in such a way, since their boundaries make no sense./ Drawn up by some idiot Englishmen a century ago, as Jon Stewart and John Oliver demonstrated.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious? Not looking for war? Not Bush's fault? Bullshit. It is all Bush's fault, and he wanted war. He sought war. He begged for war. He got his war.
Look at the partisan, giving a pass to his boy. What a joke you are. You have no credibility to say a thing about Obama in war if this is your attitude. Why? Because you have double standards. Double standards are a true sign of being wrong. This is how I judge religion, and this is how I judge you. You are consistently a hypocrite. You are so consistently hypocritical, it really just boggles my mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112621 Sep 7, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You said she was a vegi... how did she tell you "I don't feel good"?
I've seen people that were in comas for 10 years, and popped out of it!
They didn't know anything about it, and some didn't want to come back!
So... you only THINK they suffer!
I say... it was more of a test to those that had to wait on her!
You say... they didn't do that well... did they?
Well Lodi was not talking about coma's, so nice diversion.
Even if this person did not suffer, she cannot help others as she was doing until the aneurysm.

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>When this happened, I lived across the street from this lady, She suffered! She had an aneurysm burst in her brain that left her paralyzed, in a wheelchair, with a surgical shunt installed in her head to divert the blood! The life she had before, no longer existed.
haven0t forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#112622 Sep 7, 2013
Another of your excellent comments - to YAA - which proves again that bad comments can provoke fine answers. I serioiusly doubt if one American in a million recognizes that the rightwing Christian doctrines regarding a future Christian theocracy in the world (including US) is very similar to the most extreme of the Muslim dreams of worldwide take over and a theocratic caliphate (spelling).

In my view, such Christians are not loyal Americans, nor are they loyal to the planet, since their future includes a vicious destruction of much of the life and beauty of the planet.
They are the natural allies of the Koch brothers and the GOP opportunist politicians who are the loyal workers for the profiteering fossil fuel industries. I do not think such theocraticChristians shoulc be allowed to vote in the US, since they are not sincere when they pledge allegiance to the US. They want to overthrow the Constitutional, democratic, secular, civil libertarian government of the US by force and violence - led by their legions of supporters of an evil God. People should read the Chronicles of Narnia all the way through including The Last Battle, and they will see in children's fiction what the rightwing Christian agenda is - and even girls who wear lipstick might end up in hell according to that version!
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is not your country, it is all of ours. You do not tell me I must leave. Clearly you do not know how this country works. Ever heard of freedom? Evidently not. How anti American of you.
You blindly pledge yet do not even understand the core value of America, secularism.
I suspect if you really understood America was meant to be secular, you might just hate the idea of America.
Your bible is anti secularism. Your god does not promote secularism. Your bible promotes the murder of those who worship beings other than your god. This is anti secularism. This is why America is secular. America is the system that stops the murder of non believers. It's secular ideals have spread around the world. Not yet all over, as Muslims are slow to follow this ideals.
Thankfully our secularism keeps you religious fanatics in check. You cannot legally murder non believers anymore.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112623 Sep 7, 2013
haven0t forgotten wrote:
This was not written to me, but I want to take the opportunity to strongly agree with you in your condemnation of that commenter. And of almost every Republican and rightwing hypocrit, whether in media, political office or campaign operation, or individual citizen. I think that the haters are traitors, effectively, beginning with Rush Limbaugh and everyone who supports him, and including most of Fox, Ann Coulter and all the other - excuse me ladies - rightwing blonde bimbos on TV.
I think much of what was Bush's fault was even more the fault of those who promoted him as a candidate for President, when he was not qualified, and then of his high officials, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Wolfowitz, Pipes, Fieith, Abrams, Poindexter, and of the media neocons who so avidly promoted the war - Crystal, however it is spelled, and so many others, and not even excusing some of the socalled mainstream media.
I am now proud of many on MSNBC who are strongly anti-invasion of Syria - Chris Matthews is a bit hotheaded about it, but Chris Hayes is magnificent as usual in his careful thoughtfulness. I also am proud of Rachel, Larry O'Donnell (Last Word), Ezra Klein, Ed Schultz, and the other outspoken ones, and even the pretty ones!
I believe that the evidence is probably convincing. I doubt that the outcome of a US military strike would be better than to wait and try other options first. If Syria launches a second chemical weapon attack because of international inaction, then there would be a better case and a better chance to round up more allies. but I favor something more radical, such as asking Russia to develop a zone around its naval base, for Assad and his supporters, but with access to the sea for international shippint. Then the chemical weapons should be gathered into the Russian naval zone, and safely destroyed with UN supervision. Let Russia be the heroes who save the situation, that would be the one way to get them to help. Then partition Syria, and move people into land areas occupied by people with one religion and tribe, and whatever, and make it a federation. Half of the Middle Eastern nations need to be divided in such a way, since their boundaries make no sense./ Drawn up by some idiot Englishmen a century ago, as Jon Stewart and John Oliver demonstrated.
<quoted text>
Well I don't have cable news right now, so I do not know what MSNBC are saying at the moment, but I believe your testimony that they are not like Fox news in the days of Iraq, and are not pushing for war like fox was. Fox were fully supporting everything the Bush administration did in that war.

Unlike republicans, the democrats are not blindly supporting war just because their president is in power.

Sista showed here colors today. She is simply a blind partisan. I cannot take her criticisms seriously as she is so partisan, it only looks to be for partisan reasons now.
She simply defends Bush, and condemns Obama.
haven0t forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#112624 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So I am anti-American because I oppose the pledge? Well thanks for proving my point.
You show why it is harmful to those who just sit during this pledge. Because kids with your mentality will ostracize them for simply practicing their rights. The right to religious freedom. The right not to pledge or pray to a god. Note the JW's do not do this, as it is a sacrilege to them.
What I find Anti American is anti secularism. And you show that clearly.
They are the ones who do not mean it when they say the pledge! They do not have allegiance to many of the basic civil libertarian values, clearly stated in the Bill of Rights (they just like the 2nd) or the 13th, 14th, 15th, and a few other amendments. They are theocratic and not in favor of representative democracy. And they are for mobocracy when they control the mob. I admit I would prefer an aristocracy of the brilliant elite at times, but then I see wonderful brilliant, well-meaning Kerry, Hagel, and Obama thinking that a military strike could be done without unmanageable consequences, and I think that ordinary dumb Americans who are scared to death of know-not-what have a certain sort of wisdom that is more realistic, in the current situation. I am not fond of elites that think all will turn out well, if their rational well-meaning scenarios are begun in a game with nutcases on the other side. That applies to how Syria is handled and how Cruz is handled, about equally. I now privately think of him as Senator Batista, since his conflict of national loyalty - is through his father, his Cuban Batista type father - not the accident of birth in Canada. Have you seen or read some of the stuff papa Cruz puts out? Neo-Nazi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barbourville nursing home 2 hr Rita 5
Is Jesus a Zombie? 2 hr jake 6
teena Marie mills 3 hr Mark 18
Brittany Spencer (Jan '14) 5 hr ROB 29
Barbourville utilities 6 hr Yep 4
Bltch be cool................... (May '14) 7 hr The Specialist 10
Jessica Napier (Sep '10) 7 hr Upward56 121
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 8 hr Will 53
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 9 hr The real truth 21
Barbourville Dating