Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156423 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#112653 Sep 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I can not grasp what you said because you have said nothing that I could hear. I have read what you have WRITTEN ,which according to you , I should consider as " the pitiful writings of men"
Your explanation about the chicken should be featured on a comedy show.
You are alluding to an unwitnessed event that no one knows took place ,where it took place or when it took place.
other than , according to you "Chicken and Chicken Egg occurred at the exact same instant when the first person Name the foul he converted"
But I could be wrong ,, Were you there ? or did someone tell you about it? If so ,was it hundreds of years after this event took place?
You know where I am going with that ...I will go no further.
LOL
Great post!
Still laughing!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#112654 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No one worships Plato. Plato's words are not hinged upon Plato existing or not. It does not matter if Plato was Plato. It does not matter if the writings attributed to Plato were of Plato.
Plato's words are just food for thought. No one need hinge his worldview on Plato's every word. He is free to accept of not accept his philosophies. No threats of eternal lakes of fire come with Plato's advice. Plato makes no demands. He is simply a philosopher and claims to be no more than that.
Now apply that to your Jesus. You go far beyond just taking his words as advice, you insist he is a god and must be obeyed. You insist his death caused some absolution of peoples atrocities.
I say he has no right to give this absolution, because I do not see him as a god. I am not even sure he was a person. And you cannot prove either.
He Saved Me!
Believe what you want!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#112655 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So I am anti-American because I oppose the pledge? Well thanks for proving my point.
You show why it is harmful to those who just sit during this pledge. Because kids with your mentality will ostracize them for simply practicing their rights. The right to religious freedom. The right not to pledge or pray to a god. Note the JW's do not do this, as it is a sacrilege to them.
What I find Anti American is anti secularism. And you show that clearly.
See... There is where your wrong!
We had a couple of JW's in our school too!
We never though ill of them for not standing, as our teacher told us about it!
But they NEVER said WE could NOT do it, as you Liberals
want to make US stop!
That is where YOU are Anti-American!
Keep your hands off OUR Rights!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#112656 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is not your country, it is all of ours. You do not tell me I must leave. Clearly you do not know how this country works. Ever heard of freedom? Evidently not. How anti American of you.
You blindly pledge yet do not even understand the core value of America, secularism.
I suspect if you really understood America was meant to be secular, you might just hate the idea of America.
Your bible is anti secularism. Your god does not promote secularism. Your bible promotes the murder of those who worship beings other than your god. This is anti secularism. This is why America is secular. America is the system that stops the murder of non believers. It's secular ideals have spread around the world. Not yet all over, as Muslims are slow to follow this ideals.
Thankfully our secularism keeps you religious fanatics in check. You cannot legally murder non believers anymore.
Incase you've NOT Read it.... Jesus is Not about Murdering anyone!
He's about Love!
This nation was founded on the teachings of Christ!
You can believe whatever you want!
See... you push your tripe all you want, but in the end...
WE WIN!
Push on!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#112657 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well Lodi was not talking about coma's, so nice diversion.
Even if this person did not suffer, she cannot help others as she was doing until the aneurysm.
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>When this happened, I lived across the street from this lady, She suffered! She had an aneurysm burst in her brain that left her paralyzed, in a wheelchair, with a surgical shunt installed in her head to divert the blood! The life she had before, no longer existed.
Sounds like she did great in her life...
I wonder what you do with yours?
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#112658 Sep 8, 2013
haven0t forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> They are the ones who do not mean it when they say the pledge! They do not have allegiance to many of the basic civil libertarian values, clearly stated in the Bill of Rights (they just like the 2nd) or the 13th, 14th, 15th, and a few other amendments. They are theocratic and not in favor of representative democracy. And they are for mobocracy when they control the mob. I admit I would prefer an aristocracy of the brilliant elite at times, but then I see wonderful brilliant, well-meaning Kerry, Hagel, and Obama thinking that a military strike could be done without unmanageable consequences, and I think that ordinary dumb Americans who are scared to death of know-not-what have a certain sort of wisdom that is more realistic, in the current situation. I am not fond of elites that think all will turn out well, if their rational well-meaning scenarios are begun in a game with nutcases on the other side. That applies to how Syria is handled and how Cruz is handled, about equally. I now privately think of him as Senator Batista, since his conflict of national loyalty - is through his father, his Cuban Batista type father - not the accident of birth in Canada. Have you seen or read some of the stuff papa Cruz puts out? Neo-Nazi.
Just like Obama swearing to uphold the constitution, and then shredding it!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#112659 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh okay, thank you for the daily dose of the H word from the whited sepulcher Duquette!!
Hypocrites LOVE to call people Hypocrites.... I think, they think, it cancels them out!
Stoneforastone

Manchester, KY

#112660 Sep 8, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Incase you've NOT Read it.... Jesus is Not about Murdering anyone!
He's about Love!
This nation was founded on the teachings of Christ!
You can believe whatever you want!
See... you push your tripe all you want, but in the end...
WE WIN!
Push on!
Immoral Snakes and vermin have no real morals, so they have to pretend and Lie...especially when trying to con, fool and trap their prey.

Pathetic to watch the slitherings and vileness of sometimes isn't it.
Stoneforastone

Manchester, KY

#112661 Sep 8, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hypocrites LOVE to call people Hypocrites.... I think, they think, it cancels them out!
They wish.

PatheTic.
DailyBibleReadin g

Manchester, KY

#112663 Sep 8, 2013
"Proverbs 5".
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#112665 Sep 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think there were flocks of wild Chickens roaming the mountains right behind those wild herds of Herefords and people just built coops and they came a running... Don't need to be there when there is ample Evidence of the domestication of wild animals and their selective breeding into the animals we take for granted today like cats and dogs... So I don't need to be there to form a rational, logical explanation as to the conversion of wild game by man to a Chicken... Before someone called it a chicken it would have not made much sense to have a chicken egg now would it... If what it was before we called it a chicken was a Grouse it would lay Grouse Eggs... See where I'm going with this....
Yes Indeed , I see where you been and where you are going.
From Disneys Magic Kingdom you are heading toward Ron Serlings Twilight Zone where you will mingle with Sciemce Fiction enthusiasts.
You keep traveling backwards till you get to the first egg that came into being .
I am sure you will have quite an explanation for that.
After you get through with that explanation , if I haven't busted my gut laughing , I will fill you in with the real facts.
See where I'm gboing with this..... LOL

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112666 Sep 8, 2013
DailyBibleReading wrote:
Since it IS Sunday...
5 My son, pay attention to my wisdom,
turn your ear to my words of insight,
2 that you may maintain discretion
and your lips may preserve knowledge.
3 For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey,
and her speech is smoother than oil;
4 but in the end she is bitter as gall,
sharp as a double-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death;
her steps lead straight to the grave.
6 She gives no thought to the way of life;
her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it.
7 Now then, my sons, listen to me;
do not turn aside from what I say.
8 Keep to a path far from her,
do not go near the door of her house,
9 lest you lose your honor to others
and your dignity[f] to one who is cruel,
10 lest strangers feast on your wealth
and your toil enrich the house of another.
11 At the end of your life you will groan,
when your flesh and body are spent.
12 You will say,“How I hated discipline!
How my heart spurned correction!
13 I would not obey my teachers
or turn my ear to my instructors.
14 And I was soon in serious trouble
in the assembly of God’s people.”
15 Drink water from your own cistern,
running water from your own well.
16 Should your springs overflow in the streets,
your streams of water in the public squares?
17 Let them be yours alone,
never to be shared with strangers.
18 May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19 A loving doe, a graceful deer—
may her breasts satisfy you always,
may you ever be intoxicated with her love.
20 Why, my son, be intoxicated with another man’s wife?
Why embrace the bosom of a wayward woman?
21 For your ways are in full view of the Lord,
and he examines all your paths.
22 The evil deeds of the wicked ensnare them;
the cords of their sins hold them fast.
23 For lack of discipline they will die,
Amen.
Yada yada don't be an adulterer... How many Christians have divorced and remarried and where is the passage that says Jesus went to church on Sunday?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112667 Sep 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Indeed , I see where you been and where you are going.
From Disneys Magic Kingdom you are heading toward Ron Serlings Twilight Zone where you will mingle with Sciemce Fiction enthusiasts.
You keep traveling backwards till you get to the first egg that came into being .
I am sure you will have quite an explanation for that.
After you get through with that explanation , if I haven't busted my gut laughing , I will fill you in with the real facts.
See where I'm gboing with this..... LOL
No. I don't see where you are going with this, but I can guess your "real facts" are the same old mumbo-jumbo about the Earth and all living things being created in 6 days.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#112668 Sep 8, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I don't see where you are going with this, but I can guess your "real facts" are the same old mumbo-jumbo about the Earth and all living things being created in 6 days.
My good man , In your ardent desire to respond to my post ....
I DO BELIEVE YOU FORGOT TO CHANGE YOUR MONIKER.

The solution to that problem is to doublecheck before you post.LOL
Knucklehead...You are forgiven....but not forgotten
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112669 Sep 8, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Learn reading comprehension you clueless simpleton, I never said anything in reference to how YOU or anyone else feels in my post. You and everyone else is entitled to your opinion, but when stating such, state it as your opinion and not fact!
The only person showing their ignorance here is you,,, your lack of reading comprehension, your inability to use the dictionary, and your constant misuse of words and their meanings. Last, but not least, your incessant, non stop whining , babbling and baby talk!
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even come up with anything original...so you have to squawk and repeat what otehrs say.
EVERYONE IS entitled to THEIR opinions- so am I, and so are Christians!
And my opinion of your paltry is opinion is that is contains absolutely ZERO fact, and consists of nothing but one big blowbag stream of LIES of the deluded, twisted, distorted and psychoTic type.
And If you had one shred of logical or ethical ability in you, you'd've already realized from reading the article-
Speaking abuot the Bible in public schools is ALREADY LEGAL...no matter how much you "HATE" that.
So in ESSENCE, LAW makers were just refining (via implementing GUIDELINES and REGULATIONS) the sanctity of freedom of (including from) religion even MORE, so that people can NOT ABUSE anyone else's freedoms OF personal choices!
But obviously, you were just too damn stupid to realize that.
Too bad for you, that joke flew right over your clueless empty head, illiterate idiot.
Everyone is in agreement when it comes to your ignorance, therefore originality is out of the question.
Thank you for confirming with your second sentence Your Lack of Reading Comprehension. Where I stated everyone is entitled to their opinion! See where reading comprehension is pretty darn important!
Your third paragraph; first sentence again confirms your Constant misuse of words and their meanings!

For the rest of your comment, nothing but bobble heading to hear that pea rattle around in all the empty space between your ears!

Your last sentence..... What the hell you trying to say here? Joke..... What Joke?

In Conclusion.... Your Post ended up proving everything I stated about you in my comment! You are the illiterate I D I O T .

Laughing .. word of advice... When debating any subject, Make sure Sista is on the Opposing Team, You will then claim Victory!!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112670 Sep 8, 2013
You are a troll, who wants nothing but an argument, you have no proof of anything you say, and when you do... you get it wrong, i.e. The debate over the condom and it's effectiveness, that I had to school you on. You really made of fool of yourself with that one!

This is my original Post above^^^

I are a troll, who wants nothing but an argument, I have no proof of anything I say, and when I do... I get it wrong, i.e. The debate over the condom and it's effectiveness, that I had to have you school me you on. I really made of fool of myself with that one!
Yes you did, double Loser

Another word of Advice.... When trying to make the other person foolish, be sure to proof-read Your re-make of their original comment, i.e... In your copy-paste (that I had to have you school me you on.)> WTH? Thanks for proving you are the "double loser"
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112671 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up.
You LOST -a longgggg time ago.
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER, EVER seen a teacher Force their religious beliefs on anyone--not in FIFTY plus years.
EVER..
That's why generally teachers are TEACHERS, NOT Preachers- and not narrow minded, heads stuck in the sand, clueless NON wonders, most having FAR, far more SENSE, than THAT ridiculous bullchit.
GET A CLUE.
This is the 21st century-NOT the 18th dark ages!

Stuck in a lodi wrote:
Really! Perhaps you should do more research b4 making yourself out to be the Fool..... 2 examples 1 - In the beginning of 2006, an engineering professor at Northwestern University, in Evanston, Illinois, told his class that the Holocaust was a hoax and never happened. His statement received national media coverage and the president of Northwestern had to issue a public apology claiming that the beliefs did not represent those of the university. 2 - Another dilemma occurred when a public high school teacher in New Jersey continued to veer off into tangents during his lectures that pertained to his religious beliefs. The only reason he was exposed to the public was when a student tape-recorded him and brought it to officials. These are 2 examples that received Media Attention, there are countless others that happen every day that go unnoticed! NOW.... How about YOU get a Phucking Clue!!!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112672 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I condemn Saddam and bin_laden et al.
And who in America does not? But when you put them in the same sentence together as you try to defend the war of choice Bush begged for, you sound just like Bush trying to trick the ignorant populous.
I think you are so brainwashed, you do this without intention.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112673 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wasting your breathes.
Usually the case when talking to hardline partisans with closed minds.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112674 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggested that on another thread-let the terrorist alliances (Hezbollah, Hamas, al qeada and other rebels) have the north half of Syria (closest to Russia) and the peaceful folks not disturbed by secular democracy, the south part--closest to Israel.
Mark a nice big, red X on the world maps, in honor of the new nation of ThugsandPalsistania, and let them battle themselves into oblivion.
And just who must "let" this happen? Maybe give a suggestion that is plausible next time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox County woman 27 min daily 4
Hail trump 1 hr Hahaha 8
snowman hunt 2 hr From barbourville 13
Big boom 2 hr Fred 5
Knox Street Liquor 2 hr daily 10
Grays Pallet Store Drug Dealing ? 5 hr fred 5
Pizza Gate 6 hr helpful 5

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance