Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 130,962

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112361 Sep 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
What rock did you just crawl out from under? The websites you posted are from biased sources! You can believe what you want.
As far as blood transfusions see Leviticus 17:11-14 No soul of YOU must eat blood and no alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst should eat blood.
and Acts 15: 28,29 28&#8239;For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29&#8239;to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and FROM BLOOD and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!
Why would the Bible say to abstain from blood and then conclude by saying, "Good health to you? You are not the only one who think you/they know more than God.
Slither back under your rock, cultist.
The website you constantly spam from and for is the epitome of a "biased source" and the dietary restrictions of the Bible have nothing to do with modern medicine.
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#112362 Sep 4, 2013
Will someone show me where any (ANY) part of any (ANY) bible/revision speaks about what you all are striving to reach? I can't seem to find any (ANY) thing relating to Heaven. Sure talks about that fiery pit a lot. I just can't seem to find one solid scripture that mentions this place called Heaven...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#112363 Sep 4, 2013
Nephilim wrote:
<quoted text>Forty days wasn't all that long for Moses to be away. Is there a scripture saying they thought he died? Why wasn't their physical needs being met?

Their isn't any evidence other than the bible on the exodus or the ten plagues. The Nile turning to blood would of made the local paper for sure, that's just another reason why I can't believe the story.
They just said they didn't know what happened to him.

I found this interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...

Location hidden

#112364 Sep 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
•In 1828, eight years after he supposedly had been told by God himself to join no church, Smith applied for membership in a local Methodist church. Other members of his family had joined the Presbyterians.
He did this to support his mother. She was find of the Methodist church.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#112370 Sep 4, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't hear them. I only disbelieve because I am being honest with myself.
Don't you think, not believing in things that can't be supported with actual evidence is highly unreasonable?
The religious impaired on this thread do.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#112371 Sep 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, just as with every claim the religious make on this thread. It was my opinion and it cannot be proved wrong.
If an opinion can not be validated by facts or personal experiences then it remains an opinion.
The proponent of that opinion can not prove it's validity to anyone , including herself.
worried

Nancy, KY

#112372 Sep 4, 2013
hey before you put something on here, go learn how to spell you are dense.

Location hidden

#112374 Sep 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
I was answered by God that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that:“they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.” He again forbade me to join with any of them;..."
- Prophet Joseph Smith, Joseph Smith History 1:18-20
He attended church with his mother frequently when she decided to join a sect. And Emma was a member of a Methodist church. I'm sure he had attended with her as well at some point, but there is no record of him actually joining the Methodist church. Whether probationary or full.

Location hidden

#112375 Sep 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
Christianity...is a perfect pack of nonsense...the devil could not invent a better engine to spread his work than the Christianity of the nineteenth century."
- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p.167
What is your point?
My parents' preacher said worse than this about me when I joined the LDS church. Every church believes the others are wrong.

Location hidden

#112376 Sep 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
Warning against 'another Jesus': 2 Corinthians 11:4, "For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

The true Jesus would be born of a virgin: Isaiah 7:14, "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." (Also see Matthew 1:23) Mormonism for example, believes that the Father (which in their belief is Adam who became a god) came down physically and mated with his 'spirit daughter' Mary and out came Jesus' body. Their Jesus resulted from INCEST and NOT from a virgin birth! They also believe that Satan and Jesus are brothers
This argument is completely invalid. Adam is not our Father in Heaven.

Location hidden

#112377 Sep 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The really crazy part is, the Mormon church was far behind in black relations in comparison to the country. So it just seems as if your religion is behind, not ahead of good morality.
So Missouri hated Mormons for being kind to black persons? Guess that lead the church to not be kind to black persons. Now when your church starts to sound as if a moral god is behind it, let me know. You just solidified the political appeasement claim.
Joseph had no problem with blacks. He even ordained a black man to the priesthood. I believe Brigham was racist and that this was his opinion.

Location hidden

#112378 Sep 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, really.

Because you are not simply saying this is what you believe and it may or may not be true. You are stating that is IS true and not just for you...for me as well. And my children. You are making a truth claim about OUR world.

Yes, you need evidence for that. Faith is irrelevant to the topic. If you fall back on that then the conversation truly is over. You are irrational and we can't talk logically on that basis.

Nephilium made a great comment to your post. Jesus seems to have been able to do things in the past that would constitute good proof if we had evidence of them. Why can't god do that today? People see god in toast or the poo poo of insects on trees.

Why can't god just f*cking show up and say "Hey, I'm here."?

Do not ask me to take it on faith. Faith is what you have when you don't' have a good reason. Or when you are desperate.

So you take it on faith. OK. Just have the courage to say that maybe you're wrong.
I've said a million times on here that I may be wrong. I've even walked through scenarios if I happen to be wrong.
I think I'm right. Just like you think you're right. And neither of us will know until we are dead.
So I carry on my conversations as if I'm right, just like you do.

So with that in mind, if I am right and there is a creator, then His gospel is most certainly for the whole world as He would be the one that created it.
Again, His plan requires faith, so you won't get Him to do curbside service or house calls in the manner that you wish. And if He did, who would believe you?
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#112379 Sep 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text> When you post misleading information from some unknown web site that is worse than copy/paste!
Jim McCabe, an attorney for the congregation, said he planned to appeal the jury's decision.
"The Jehovah's Witnesses hate child abuse and believe it's a plague on humanity," McCabe told the Tribune. "Jonathan Kendrick was not a leader or a pastor, he was just a rank-and-file member. This is a tragic case where a member of a religious group has brought liability on the group for actions he alone may have taken."
LOL Just a rank and file member....Yeah that's it. He was a Congregational Elder of the JW! You are so indoctrinated that you can't see the truth. Kendrick was convicted in 1994 of misdemeanor child molestation in Alameda County, Which the Congregational Elders kept hid! Kendrick was never charged in the Conti case, but in 2004 he was convicted of lewd or lascivious acts with a child.
This is the lewd, deviant, vile, disgusting people JW has as congregational elders in their org.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#112380 Sep 4, 2013
worried wrote:
hey before you put something on here, go learn how to spell you are dense.
OK, I did as you suggested..... "Y" "O" "U", "A" "R" "E", "D" "E" "N" "S" "E"....

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112382 Sep 4, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
They just said they didn't know what happened to him.
I found this interesting.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...
Maybe you should worship the volcano god, as this article shows the cause is of volcano's. Worship a calf, worship a volcano, but don't murder someone for doing so.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112383 Sep 4, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So he was visited by a god and defied his order? And you still think worshiping a calf in defiance of Moses is punishable by execution?
The only think consistent about you is having double standards.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#112384 Sep 4, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe maybe he did do that for his mother. What I don't believe is that he really had instructions by God not to join or associate with other religions. He did that and others have been killed or burn alive by God for doing so in the bible.

What does the bible have to say about this?

Matt 10:37
"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Joe Smith loves his mother more than God. He even commits a sin against the Holy Spirit after warning him about mixing with apostates.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins.."

In other words a sin against the Holy Spirit.

I know that you have been taught all the excuses to evade documented evidence that shows Joseph Smith is clearly shown in the bible to be preaching a heresy including Brigham Young.

Sorry, the evidence you have shown in this case is just not excused by the bibles own criteria for chosen to be anointed by God.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112385 Sep 4, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No...
Demons are telling you that there is no God!
Learn to read please!
I hear no voices other than from humans.

Location hidden

#112386 Sep 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>No one is speaking ill of anyone's family. We all have flawed memories and all research shows this to be true.

Ears do not magically heal in moments. If god does that, but lets babies die horrible deaths then why on earth worship such a monster?

It's silly.

I think you are dodging these questions because you want to be seen as rational. I understand. But your answers are not sufficient to support your level of belief in magic.
As demonstrated by Jesus Christ, God has the power to heal, but He requires faith and for you to humble yourself and ask in most cases. Call it magic if you want. I call it the power of God.

Location hidden

#112387 Sep 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>In the first place, I've found it futile to attempt a rational dialog with someone who believes myths and frauds are real, and in the second place it's even more difficult when being addressed by those who even get the myths wrong. Forgive me if I occasionally point out truths in ways that evince my exasperation with the inane.
Calling someone's beliefs a myth is an insult. When you can have an adult conversation maybe we can get somewhere. You can't define your beliefs as "truth" or "fact" any more than anyone else can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Uncle Tab 152,798
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min American 4,128
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 15 min retardicans 49
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 30 min ms_Sweeter 3,528
Henson Hollow 41 min your mom 4
Wen Hair Products 1 hr love it 3
Harriman Tnn. symboxone clinic 2 hr fiinders fee 2
What happened at Stinking Creek? Fri Brenda 88
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••