Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149017 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112496 Sep 6, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't hear them. I only disbelieve because I am being honest with myself.
Whatever you want to believe!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112497 Sep 6, 2013
Lordy wrote:
Will someone show me where any (ANY) part of any (ANY) bible/revision speaks about what you all are striving to reach? I can't seem to find any (ANY) thing relating to Heaven. Sure talks about that fiery pit a lot. I just can't seem to find one solid scripture that mentions this place called Heaven...
A new earth, and a new Jerusalem...
Free from corruption!
Heaven on earth!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112498 Sep 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I hear no voices other than from humans.
If you'd read your Bible, as you say you did...
You'd KNOW why!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112499 Sep 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
That has never been in question Jerry. What is in question is whether or not introducing religious classes as an elective in Public School is indeed breaking or defying the Constitution of the United States of America.
No, but...
Making the rest of us pay taxes, and Not giving us the vouchers to send our children to better schools is un-fare!
Government shouldn't even be in the Public school business, as
we see how they muck everything up they touch!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112500 Sep 6, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Case challenging 'Pledge of Allegiance' reaches Massachusetts' highest court
Published September 01, 2013
FoxNews.com
A Massachusetts atheist couple’s challenge to the required recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in school – specifically the phrase,“under God”– will reach the state’s highest court this week.
Religion News Services, or RNS, reports Massachusetts’ highest court, the Supreme Judicial Court , will consider Doe v. Action-Boxborough Regional School District on Wednesday, which is expected to rule whether the pledge violates students’ rights.
The verdict may reverberate around the nation.
Notably, the suit, which was lodged by attorneys for an anonymous atheist couple, will reportedly mark a departure from similar and previous challenges to the pledge – and the “under God” phrase – which have in the past reached as far as the U.S. Supreme Court.
In this case, plaintiffs’ lawyers, according to RNS, will argue compulsory recitation represents an injury to the state’s equal rights laws, or the guarantee of equal protection for all concerned under those laws.
As RNS notes, such legal maneuvering borrows a page directly from the recently successful campaign lodged to legalize same-sex marriage, which made a similar and successful argument, also before the state’s Supreme Judicial Court.
The defendants – represented by the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty – reportedly won the first round of the much-watched legal tug-of-war in June 2012, when a lower court judge ruled recitation of the pledge did not violate the Massachusetts Constitution, the school district’s anti-discrimination policy or state law.
According to RNS, the oral arguments slated for Wednesday stem from an appeal of that decision.
One thing seems certain – that the higher court’s ruling will have potentially far-reaching implications for school districts, and those on both sides of the issue, around the nation.
Should the court rule in favor of the plaintiffs, Eric Rassbach, deputy general counsel for the Becket Fund, reportedly said,“You would then see a rash of state court lawsuits challenging the pledge all over the country.
“A win for us would completely avoid that unnecessary harm. And it would affirm that it is not discriminatory to have the words ‘under God’ in the pledge.”
----------
Now it's the Pledge of Allegiance. Wahwahwah. Whiney, greedy azz, chickenchit (anonymous) anti-American CommeTIC atheists.
Give 'em one dolluh and fitty five cents to buy some cotton balls for to plug the holes in their ears where the wind whistles through, some tape for their anti-American, CommieTic spewing pieholes, and a nickel so's we can watch them chase their tails like the rabid dogs they are, while trying to find and buy a clue.
Great post!
They ain't happy unless they're peeing in our chili!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112501 Sep 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn't inspire crap... That was the inspiration of men, mainly poorly educated goat herders and fishermen, to give them control of the masses that were less educated than they were...
Uses the bible to validate the stories of the bible is like using Ann McCaffy's book "Dragons of Pern" to Validate thread fall and dragons eating fire rocks to breath fire....
"the bible to validate the stories of the bible is like using"
You mean like using the geologic columns to date fossils, and
fossils to date geologic columns? Hmmmm?
I say ALL the layers were laid down in about 150 days!
Oh... so does the Bible!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112502 Sep 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn't inspire crap... That was the inspiration of men, mainly poorly educated goat herders and fishermen, to give them control of the masses that were less educated than they were...
Uses the bible to validate the stories of the bible is like using Ann McCaffy's book "Dragons of Pern" to Validate thread fall and dragons eating fire rocks to breath fire....
Of course...
There are writing from the early church fathers that pretty much validate Jesus' existence!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112503 Sep 6, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
He said he liked their *comedy.*
An entertainer is not your friend.
You don't have to admire their personal life in order to be entertained by them.
Do you check to see if a singer is "moral" before you enjoy the song they are singing...or determine if an actor is "righteous" before you like a movie they were in?
Yes, we check them out!
Miley Cyrus will never get another dime in our house!
Hanna Montana is dead!
So is the Mickey Mouse club of today!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112504 Sep 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
I knew a woman who was a devout Christian, she would visit the sick and shut-ins every chance she got... she would cook food at her home and take it to those who were unable to do for themselves. She was the most humble person I have known. She had grandchildren that she raised from infants, who cherished her as much as she cherished them. Suddenly she had an aneurysm burst, which by all means should have killed her, but instead left her in an almost vegetative state. Her grandchildren were devastated to the point that the parents had to stop them visiting. Why would God allow this to happen to such a person who lived and exemplified the definition of what Christian really means? Why do you and others say "If you only have faith" God will hear you and answer your prayers, he will answer you." This woman attended Church every time the doors were open, she worked for that church on any occasion they had... but guess what, when this happened to her, all those church members were scarce when it came time to lend a helping hand to that family. Tell me why God ignored the crys of that family, tell me why God allowed this woman to suffer for years before she died?
"suffer for years before she died"
How do you know she suffered anything???
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112505 Sep 6, 2013
Look!
Jesus showed up, and saved me from my perverted drug ridden life!
You can say He didn't all you want to...
You can not sway me from knowing what I KNOW!
I pray all of you doubters find the Truth!
God is real, and He has Given you a Gift!
The Gift of Life!
Take it, or Leave it... It's on you!
God Bless, and Good day to you all!

Stay out of Syria...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112506 Sep 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>A new earth, and a new Jerusalem...
Free from corruption!
Heaven on earth!
Of course, YaA. All one needs to "understand" it is to turn off their brain and pick up a Bible - and I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if they chronically imbibe enough dollar store cough syrup to embalm a mule.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112507 Sep 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"the bible to validate the stories of the bible is like using"
You mean like using the geologic columns to date fossils, and
fossils to date geologic columns? Hmmmm?
I say ALL the layers were laid down in about 150 days!
Oh... so does the Bible!
The Bible doesn't say a damned thing about fossils or deposition layers, ya demented nit.

And stay out of Syria.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#112508 Sep 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Then blame the devil and god should also. But that is just another problem with the logic if your religion. You act as if the devil can control stuff yet we have free will. Well you can't have both pal. It is a giant contradiction.
Satan can only influence and tempt. We have more control over our actions than he, but he knows our weaknesses.

Location hidden

#112509 Sep 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>massively selfish logic. Many innocents died for religious reasons so I could live in North Carolina? Not by my choice and I do not condone it.
Why do you?
It isn't selfish logic. It is fact. Almost all lands were acquired by taking them over from someone else at some point after the initial inhabitants, whether peacefully or not. It doesn't matter if we condone it or not.

Location hidden

#112510 Sep 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Just wanted to note how if god did any of this, he is interfering with free will.
I guess the chosen people could not have just adopted the kids of the murdered parents.

Btw, if wicked parents all raise wicked children, I guess free will is again a myth.
They had free will, and they chose poorly. God knew their hearts and He knew they would not repent in this life, so He passed judgment.
In most cases, if a child is reared by their parents, they tend to think and act as the example that was set for them.

Location hidden

#112511 Sep 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No I would not say it was hogwash. Thus the story sounds unbelievable. Thanks for pointing that out. Now why do you believe the unbelievable sounding story? Take the outsiders test.
It is very believable. People who are very strong in their faith at one point, even with their own stories of miracles that happened in their lives, forget how they initially felt when it happened to them. They can forget the blessings they received. I write these things down so I can look back and remember in times when I am down. And I hope my children can benefit from my writings one day too.
People are very WIIFM (what's in it for me). And they also are driven by what's happening right now.
Friendships end this way too. I know I have seen it. Best friends can be divided over one instance that is negative. Forget the years of great friendship.
People are like that with faith too. They can have great faith and enjoy blessings and then abandon it all with the first trial that is difficult for them.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#112512 Sep 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Put up, or Shut the Fac Up Sista, Your opinion means nothing!
And neither does yours!
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#112513 Sep 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Learn reading comprehension you clueless simpleton, I never said anything in reference to how YOU or anyone else feels in my post. You and everyone else is entitled to your opinion, but when stating such, state it as your opinion and not fact!
The only person showing their ignorance here is you,,, your lack of reading comprehension, your inability to use the dictionary, and your constant misuse of words and their meanings. Last, but not least, your incessant, non stop whining , babbling and baby talk!
You can't even come up with anything original...so you have to squawk and repeat what otehrs say.

EVERYONE IS entitled to THEIR opinions- so am I, and so are Christians!

And my opinion of your paltry is opinion is that is contains absolutely ZERO fact, and consists of nothing but one big blowbag stream of LIES of the deluded, twisted, distorted and psychoTic type.

And If you had one shred of logical or ethical ability in you, you'd've already realized from reading the article-

Speaking abuot the Bible in public schools is ALREADY LEGAL...no matter how much you "HATE" that.
So in ESSENCE, LAW makers were just refining (via implementing GUIDELINES and REGULATIONS) the sanctity of freedom of (including from) religion even MORE, so that people can NOT ABUSE anyone else's freedoms OF personal choices!

But obviously, you were just too damn stupid to realize that.

Too bad for you, that joke flew right over your clueless empty head, illiterate idiot.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#112514 Sep 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Diversion, over and over, Cite your Proof, Cite your sources
What you posted, everyone can see by clicking the subject line , you idiot. Go on and show us your research on the matter Sista. Laughing.
Try clicking the main article that this thread is about.

No wonder there's such a plague of stupid these days..you sorry azz slackerticks won't even click a link for yourselves.

L-A-Z-Y!
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#112515 Sep 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
I are a troll, who wants nothing but an argument, I have no proof of anything I say, and when I do... I get it wrong, i.e. The debate over the condom and it's effectiveness, that I had to have you school me you on. I really made of fool of myself with that one!
Yes you did, double Loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loreana patterson peace 1 hr pee wee 7
stinking creek 2 hr I beg to differ 97
Just Wondering!! 3 hr Kayak 4
has anyone seen april partin (Nov '08) 4 hr April partin 51
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 5 hr John 35
Merrill speaks out, where? 5 hr Really 8
Jessie J. Mills 8 hr Olive 5
Three liquor stores in bville 17 hr Quantummist 26

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web