Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151703 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112479 Sep 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I ALREADY did.
The ORIGINAL article.
NOT only are you a blatant twisted hypocrite-you are an illiterate, ignorant, WRONG one at that.
Diversion, over and over, Cite your Proof, Cite your sources

What you posted, everyone can see by clicking the subject line , you idiot. Go on and show us your research on the matter Sista. Laughing.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112480 Sep 5, 2013
You are a troll, who wants nothing but an argument, you have no proof of anything you say, and when you do... you get it wrong, i.e. The debate over the condom and it's effectiveness, that I had to school you on. You really made of fool of yourself with that one!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112481 Sep 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
And btw-YOU have NO idea what I pledge allegiance to, or HOW I pray.
I was referencing and poking fun at a court case ABOUT the Patriotic Pledge of Allegiance and the PROBLEM that SOME (Not all) godless atheists have with it.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion on the Pledge, and the court case referenced, biut you are NOT entitled to say or asssume ANYTHING as far as what ANYONE else thinks. NO one does, Unless they have some sort of explicit interview rights to do so, in correct manner and exact quoted form of (or face LIABLE and Slander charges).
So as far as the rest of YOUR inane, INEPT babble--
I think YOU should just shut your Ignorant mouth posts, when it comes to OTHER things that YOU would have absolutely ZERO, Nada and NO idea about.
Fool.
laughing....Do you even know the Pledge? What's the first line Sista? I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA~ When I typed "you are pledging allegiance to the flag" I didn't mean you personally, it was a generalization. O wait, I forgot, you don't know what that means do ya. lol
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112482 Sep 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
And btw-YOU have NO idea what I pledge allegiance to, or HOW I pray.
I was referencing and poking fun at a court case ABOUT the Patriotic Pledge of Allegiance and the PROBLEM that SOME (Not all) godless atheists have with it.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion on the Pledge, and the court case referenced, biut you are NOT entitled to say or asssume ANYTHING as far as what ANYONE else thinks. NO one does, Unless they have some sort of explicit interview rights to do so, in correct manner and exact quoted form of (or face LIABLE and Slander charges).
So as far as the rest of YOUR inane, INEPT babble--
I think YOU should just shut your Ignorant mouth posts, when it comes to OTHER things that YOU would have absolutely ZERO, Nada and NO idea about.
Fool.
Laughing

Do you even know what that pledge means? You say the words, but do you actually know their meaning? I seriously doubt you do.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112483 Sep 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I ALREADY did.
The ORIGINAL article.
NOT only are you a blatant twisted hypocrite-you are an illiterate, ignorant, WRONG one at that.
Hey Fool! that wasn't the whole article! Go ahead and post the whole article Sista! What you posted is an excerpt of the article.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112484 Sep 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER witnessed ANYONE trying to "force religion" on children in ANY school I've ever attended OR worked at ever.
E-V-E-R.
MOST people have FAR more sense than THAT extremeness.
And I don't slurp up any sort of "she said he said" either.
CITE and Prove your Written SOURCE, or just don't even bother...because I'll just deem it myself as garbage for the TRASH bins.
Wow, how soon you forget Sista: you said that once before and I schooled you on that too. You don't remember? I posted proof of 2 incidents,,, the Holocaust being one example, you remember now?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#112485 Sep 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Where or what is your proof?
You have absolutely no idea what you are saying! Did you know the Apostle Luke was a doctor and the Apostle Paul was an attorney? Moses was a leader of some 3 million Israelites? David and Solomon were kings and many were prophets who stated accurate prophecy into the future even down to our day!
No I do not know the Apostle Luke was a doctor since the only note of his existence is in the Bible... The Only note of Moses leading anything is again only the Bible.. The Only so called Accurate proficiencies are those that were said to have come true in the Bible ... You really don't see the problem do you? You use a book written by men as proof that what is written in that book is fact...

Show me One Writing written at the Time of Moses outside the Bible that tells of Moses travels... Tell me One scribble External of the bible written at the time Jesus waked the earth that corroborates the biblical tell....

A story told 100 years after the Biblical tale is not evidence...

So I go back to McCaffy and say that there's a book that tells of Dragons and Thread Fall... Must be true because there's a book that tells of Dragons and Thread Fall... Now in that book it speaks of New York City and events that happened there in the past, it speaks of launching space ships and all sorts of things that actually happened... Just because I can find a real New York City and can find evidence space ships have been launched does not mean there are really dragons that eat rocks to make fire and threads that fall from the sky and consume all organic matter....

Using a book to prove whats in the book is true is Idiotic at best.. Totally Illogical and Totally Irrational at least...
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112486 Sep 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER witnessed ANYONE trying to "force religion" on children in ANY school I've ever attended OR worked at ever.
E-V-E-R.
MOST people have FAR more sense than THAT extremeness.
And I don't slurp up any sort of "she said he said" either.
CITE and Prove your Written SOURCE, or just don't even bother...because I'll just deem it myself as garbage for the TRASH bins.
Are you a broken record or something? You posted this same chit before and I schooled you then too.#1 2006, an engineering professor at Northwestern University, in Evanston, Illinois, told his class that the Holocaust was a hoax and never happened. His statement received national media coverage and the president of Northwestern had to issue a public apology claiming that the beliefs did not represent those of the university.#2 a public high school teacher in New Jersey continued to veer off into tangents during his lectures that pertained to his religious beliefs. The only reason he was exposed to the public was when a student tape-recorded him and brought it to officials. Just because you haven't witnessed it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, you fool! How about you post the rest of your "copy-n-paste" you left off right where the subject line does ... whatsa matta Sista? you don't wanna pay for the whole article? You'd rather assume what the rest of the article said and run with it like a chicken with it's head cut off!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112487 Sep 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
No that wasn't the issue either.
The issue WAS-(Verbatim)
"The bill calls for the Kentucky Board of Education to establish GUIDELINES for an ELECTIVE course on the Bible's literary structure and its influence on "literature, art, music, mores, oratory, and public policy."
Now, it also includes the mass hysteria Hystronics of the levels of idiocracy of illiterates, as shown very clearly, within this thread-- that has preceeded the original article of subject matter.
Duhhuh.
For the Record, What you typed above is not the issue, It's the Proposal! The Issue was introduced later in the Article!! Had you read the Full Article, you would have known this, on second thought, no you wouldn't have, that is beyond your reading comprehension level!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112488 Sep 5, 2013
People with limited Intelligence and Education think along the same lines as those people who only has a hammer tends to see every problem as a nail!
gods child

United States

#112489 Sep 5, 2013
Maybe if there was the use of the holy bible n school all these school shootings and bullying etc wouldnt b so bad! I'm not saying it would end it all but it would help, i mean come on its ok for them to celebrate easter and christmas if i am not mistaken these holidays r celebrating jesus christ our savior?! They take dwn the ten commandments and that is ridiculous if they bother smeone that bad dnt look at or read them, my kids go to church every sunday y should they not have the privelege of learning about religion n school? I pay taxes i should get sme say n my childs education
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#112490 Sep 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No I do not know the Apostle Luke was a doctor since the only note of his existence is in the Bible... The Only note of Moses leading anything is again only the Bible.. The Only so called Accurate proficiencies are those that were said to have come true in the Bible ... You really don't see the problem do you? You use a book written by men as proof that what is written in that book is fact...
Show me One Writing written at the Time of Moses outside the Bible that tells of Moses travels... Tell me One scribble External of the bible written at the time Jesus waked the earth that corroborates the biblical tell....
A story told 100 years after the Biblical tale is not evidence...
So I go back to McCaffy and say that there's a book that tells of Dragons and Thread Fall... Must be true because there's a book that tells of Dragons and Thread Fall... Now in that book it speaks of New York City and events that happened there in the past, it speaks of launching space ships and all sorts of things that actually happened... Just because I can find a real New York City and can find evidence space ships have been launched does not mean there are really dragons that eat rocks to make fire and threads that fall from the sky and consume all organic matter....
Using a book to prove whats in the book is true is Idiotic at best.. Totally Illogical and Totally Irrational at least...
There is a large amount of information to prove the Bible is accurate. With all due respect there is an old saying, "Convince a fool against his will and he will have the same opinion still"
A century before it occurred, Jeremiah accurately predicted the sudden fall of Babylon. How? God’s prophet foretold that her protective waters would be “dried up,” and her mighty men would not fight.(Jer. 50:38; 51:30) These prophecies were fulfilled in detail when the Medes and the Persians diverted the Euphrates River, waded across its bed, and then entered the city, taking the Babylonians by surprise. You would likely consider equally significant the declaration that the city would become an uninhabited wasteland.(Jer. 50:39; 51:26) To this day, the desolate condition of once-mighty Babylon testifies to the accuracy of divine prophecy.
Saddam Hassan bragged that he would rebuild Babylon...but where is he and where is Babylon? Babylon still lies in ruins just as God had Jeremiah to prophecy? Do you deny the fact that Babylon existed?
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#112491 Sep 5, 2013
gods child wrote:
Maybe if there was the use of the holy bible n school all these school shootings and bullying etc wouldnt b so bad! I'm not saying it would end it all but it would help, i mean come on its ok for them to celebrate easter and christmas if i am not mistaken these holidays r celebrating jesus christ our savior?! They take dwn the ten commandments and that is ridiculous if they bother smeone that bad dnt look at or read them, my kids go to church every sunday y should they not have the privelege of learning about religion n school? I pay taxes i should get sme say n my childs education
I can understand your point but you should note that Christmas nor Easter have anything to do with Jesus Christ. They both originated with Pagan beliefs!

Manchester, KY

#112492 Sep 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a large amount of information to prove the Bible is accurate. With all due respect there is an old saying, "Convince a fool against his will and he will have the same opinion still"
A century before it occurred, Jeremiah accurately predicted the sudden fall of Babylon. How? God’s prophet foretold that her protective waters would be “dried up,” and her mighty men would not fight.(Jer. 50:38; 51:30) These prophecies were fulfilled in detail when the Medes and the Persians diverted the Euphrates River, waded across its bed, and then entered the city, taking the Babylonians by surprise. You would likely consider equally significant the declaration that the city would become an uninhabited wasteland.(Jer. 50:39; 51:26) To this day, the desolate condition of once-mighty Babylon testifies to the accuracy of divine prophecy.
Saddam Hassan bragged that he would rebuild Babylon...but where is he and where is Babylon? Babylon still lies in ruins just as God had Jeremiah to prophecy? Do you deny the fact that Babylon existed?
Again you seem to not understand so let me try this...

The novel Huckleberry Finn is set in the town of St. Petersburg, Missouri, which lies on the banks of the Mississippi River. Huckleberry Finn, a poor boy with a drunken bum for a father, and his friend Tom Sawyer, a middle-class boy with an imagination too active for his own good, found a robber’s stash of gold. As a result of his adventure, Huck gained quite a bit of money, which the bank held for him in trust. Huck was adopted by the Widow Douglas, a kind but stifling woman who lives with her sister, the self-righteous Miss Watson.

So now many years later we find the book stashed in a cave... We do some archeological digs and find the remains of St. Petersburg and we see it on the banks of the Mississippi River....

By your Irrational view because we found St. Petersburg and the Mississippi then Tom Sawyer, Huck, Miss Watson and the Widow Douglas are all real people....

Rational minds understand that when a writing in made it might contain bit's of truth, it might name real people, real places, real events but that does not mean that every word happened as written.. This is even more so when the writing takes place 100's of years after the event took place... That is why No Writing of anyone's is ever given weight as True without Verifiable, Testable Evidence of the events in question during the time stated...

Manchester, KY

#112493 Sep 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
"A century before it occurred, Jeremiah accurately predicted the sudden fall of Babylon."

See you did it again... And you really don't even realize it...

There is No Prediction written a century before... There is a Story in the Bible written After Babylon fell that says he predicted it to fall... There are stories in the Bible that say how it happened and how it was predicted to happen... There Is not One shred of Evidence Eternal of the Bible that any of it happened... We have found what we Think is Babylon but we are not 100% sure it is, we have found no tower of Babylon, We have found no writing of such a prediction that predate Babylons demise, we have no idea what caused the fall as we have no idea what caused the fall of the Mayans or the 100's of other civilizations that have left little trace behind...

Do you really not understand what you are doing? I find it a fascinating how you and others can not see that you are basing Stories in the bible as being proven by other stories in the bible all written long after those are written of no longer exist...

BillCooperWasRig ht

Winnipeg, Canada

#112494 Sep 6, 2013
You Guys Getting All Anal Over BS Is Hilarious!

Just To Let You Know, Don't Ever Over Exemplify Or, Elaborate Too Much On Any Issue, It just Displays Lack Of Competence In Regards To The Threaders Statement!

;)
Granny

United States

#112495 Sep 6, 2013
Prayer,in school,thats the answer.Know Jesus and know peace in you're life.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112496 Sep 6, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't hear them. I only disbelieve because I am being honest with myself.
Whatever you want to believe!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112497 Sep 6, 2013
Lordy wrote:
Will someone show me where any (ANY) part of any (ANY) bible/revision speaks about what you all are striving to reach? I can't seem to find any (ANY) thing relating to Heaven. Sure talks about that fiery pit a lot. I just can't seem to find one solid scripture that mentions this place called Heaven...
A new earth, and a new Jerusalem...
Free from corruption!
Heaven on earth!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112498 Sep 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I hear no voices other than from humans.
If you'd read your Bible, as you say you did...
You'd KNOW why!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Woman arrested after passing out in car 1 hr funny 7
cheese eating rat on callebs creek 1 hr wonder 2
Knox county voters support TRUMP ! (Jan '16) 1 hr Wilchec 17
Older men Younger women 2 hr bigfoot 10
Higher Property Taxes 5 hr taxpayer 13
Give him a second chance DNA (Dec '11) 5 hr Charlie 9
Will someone loan me $6000? (Apr '11) 6 hr Flowers 38

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance