Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,354)

Showing posts 107,061 - 107,080 of122,604
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LOL, peace be with you also.
"peace be with you also"
This is the part everyone forgets about!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent 3 semesters in Chemistry labs too, and had several biology and physics classes too, but that doesn't make me a scientist.
Sorry, but I've seen your interpretations of Bible stories. Remember?
The scriptures were not meant to be confusing and vague. This was the effect of Satan's influence to confuse people and lead God's children astray. Hence the need for a prophet to clarify and rectify.
So you can't talk about chemistry or biology or physics? You lack the ability to even have the conversation? Seriously?

And you think the reason the Bible is contradictory, confusing, and all over the map is because the devil did it?

Are you starting to see why this is irrational now?

Also...what kind of wussy does that make god? He has ONE METHOD for reaching us: his word. And he lets a fallen angel f*ck it up? He cast this guy out of heaven and down into hell. Yet he can't seem to stop him from mucking up the eternal Word? Not just once, but over the course of 1000+ years in which the books of the Bible were actually scrawled down?

Weak, weak sauce.

This is called rationalization. Look it up. It is not the same as *being rational*. Folks in the middle ages rationalized burning or hanging witches (they were evil, they cast spells on people, the church is OK with it, etc). Were they being rational?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

EmpAtheist wrote:
I am pro choice.... But I understand the concern depending what you feel is important between a possible soul and when a fetus receives it... A nervous system and when it receives it... When it is technically a human... Or maybe just the idea that it will eventually become a thinking breathing human being.
I'm interested in what everyone thinks in detail.
What I think... When the sperm hits the egg!
If we didn't make sex our god (we see what sexual depravity reigns in) People would wait for marriage to start a family!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do duh plate comes with stalker judge it napkins to wipe duh chit up with?
HOw would I know? Ask YaA.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Specifically, Ansar-al-Islam.
Now in total control of Libya.
It's a "regional" thing.
Doesn't matter...
IF their holy book says to lie, and kill people...
you get Ft Hood, Boston, 9/11....
List goes on!
They all read from the same book...
Search for pictures of Muslims celebrating the towers coming
down on 9/11...
God is God, and I'm sure He doesn't want us to kill each other
UN-Justified!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Another interesting fantasy from you. And you would do this HOW?
Call the Pres immediately! I'm sure he would love your input.
<quoted text>
How dare you decide what someone half the world away is capable of.
Since you have never been an uneducated, impoverished, Middle Eastern female, I'm going to try to forgive your abyssmal ignornace.
(1) You present the terms to both parties!
"IF" they care anything about their children, they would comply for their safety!
(My theory) The ones that do not comply, are the same ones that dropped the gas/napalm, NUKE them... No more suffering!
(again My theory)
(2) a 16 year old girl stood up for education... they shot her, and left her for dead!
Do you really think other women in that area are clueless?
No! If they want to come with the kids... A-Ok with me!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

I might add... leave the bombs at home!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Good day to you all :-)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
In some cultures, using GD IS a personal affront of insult to many. It's just as DISREESPECTFUL, rude and as crass as the n word.
And there's no excuse for disrespectfulness, rudeness or crassness-not even IGNORANCE.
Not in My culture, in some cultures it's considered rude and as crass to draw a picture of Mohomid with a bomb on his head, Glad I don't live in such a culture....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only speak with a half opinion, one of which does NOT include 100 percent of Reality.
Too bad Q, you'd have NO idea about the other half. NONE whatsoever, or you wouldn't be so legally arrogant about it all.
You are of course wrong in that I can and did speak with my whole opinion and is based 100 percent on the reality I see... With the added aspect of delusional mindset...

And I absolutely have some idea of the other half, You see I have heard the arguments, spoken to the other half and based my view partly due to those arguments....
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't matter...
IF their holy book says to lie, and kill people...
you get Ft Hood, Boston, 9/11....
List goes on!
They all read from the same book...
Search for pictures of Muslims celebrating the towers coming
down on 9/11...
God is God, and I'm sure He doesn't want us to kill each other
UN-Justified!
Yer preaching to the chior YaA.

Discernment is a wonderful thing.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in My culture, in some cultures it's considered rude and as crass to draw a picture of Mohomid with a bomb on his head, Glad I don't live in such a culture....
It's considered beyond rude in stone age, cultures of anarchy that would rather lob bombs, live in caves and act like totally uncivilized dirtbag rabid animals.

As for NOT living in That kind of dark stone age, uncouth, non-culture of depravity and ignorance-Me too.

Potty mouth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

but then wrote:
<quoted text>
There is such a thing as killing in self defense. If someone is endangering your life you can kill them and not even be charged in some cases.
I am sure you agree that a woman should have the right to save her own life by having an abortion, at any stage, if it comes down to it.
I stated clearly I have no problem what so ever with Justifiable Homicide... I have a problem with Homicide for personal convenience.... There may be many reasons to commit homicide that make it justifiable but the one committing the homicide is not the one that should be allowed to determine what is or is not justifiable because some people can justify anything... Chuck Manson thought he was justified in starting a race war by slicing a baby out of a white girls belly.... Some people think they are justified in setting bombs at abortion clinics.... Some people think it's justified to exterminate whole populations to save the earth...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Stuff like this:

"The Book of Mormon mentions several animals, plants, and technologies for which there is no evidence in pre-Columbian America. These include asses, cattle, milk, horses,[7][8] oxen, sheep, swine, goats, elephants,[9] wheat,[10] barley,[11][12][13][14] figs,[15] silk,[16] steel,[17] bellows, brass, breast plates, chains, iron working,[18] plows, swords, scimitars, and chariots.[19] The Smithsonian Institution has stated that "none of the principal food plants and domestic animals of the Old World (except the dog) were present in the New World before Columbus."[20][21]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_authe...

There is nothing in the BoM that could not have been written by Smith and perhaps a collaborator or two. Nothing in it is inexplicable in that light. And in fact the most rational way to explain it is to say that it was invented by Smith and perhaps a collaborator or two.

It is irrational to assume the book is anything other than that.

Now you can certainly believe otherwise but you are firmly in a minority of intellectual opinion.
Hmmm

http://www.fairlds.org/authors/ash-michael/ar...
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are of course wrong in that I can and did speak with my whole opinion and is based 100 percent on the reality I see... With the added aspect of delusional mindset...
And I absolutely have some idea of the other half, You see I have heard the arguments, spoken to the other half and based my view partly due to those arguments....
It should never be in place to be viewed as any sort of easy access birth control means.

Rather a dire measure, for myriads of reasons...really uncalled for after 24 weeks or so though. SHOULD be a totally different perspective after that.

I don't get the depraved femnazi warcry on anything beyond that time frame. Sick in the head stuff then.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of legislators do not listen to the majority of their constituents - much less represent them. Going with the argument that government and legislation is right because it's "the peoples' will" falls somewhere between wishful thinking and flat out bogus.
"We want to rip down your house and build a convenience store. Here's $20,000, get out."
"Well, the supreme court says that eminent domain domain by corporations is for the public good, let me grab my hat and keys."
I don't disagree that our present government and some of it's laws are crap... But We The People elect it and We the People get the Government We Deserve... I much rather have a flawed government that can be voted out than no government or one that can't be voted out...

Start a grass roots movement and get enough people on your side and you can attempt to get those laws changed... Oh wait One of the issues another grass roots org has is to reform the eminent domain laws and go back to a Constitutional Governance where the Individual has more freedom from such liberal ideas as Eminent Domain... The Very policies that places Individual Power in the hands of the Government you adore is why it's used by the government you abhor...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with your position on this because it seems like using a blunt tool to take care of a delicate problem.
Man kicks pregnant woman and kills fetus, man should be charged with some form of manslaughter or possibly murder. I agree. It is not his right to terminate that pregnancy.
Woman walks into Planned Parenthood and has an abortion. It ain't your business, nor mine. It was her body and the potential person growing inside her was 100% her possession from top to bottom.
I don't see a problem with this. The clear difference here is the choice of the woman, not the definition of what a human being is. That only becomes relevant when her right to choose has been taken away, then we can clearly say that the kicker has killed a human being.
If this leads to some weird situation that perhaps evades consideration and we can all mostly agree that it requires special treatment then we can amend our laws to deal with it. That's the hard part of governing 300+ million people...it ain't easy.
Now, I do accept that there is an issue with suffering here that needs to be addressed. I feel like if we can demonstrate clearly, with solid science, that a fetus is "conscious" and capable of experiencing pain and suffering then the rights of the mother to abort might need to be limited. I think that is reasonable, from a moral perspective. The problem is our ability to detect it is limited. We can give it a window of a few weeks in which consciousness begins, realistically...I think its between 24-28. And nearly all abortions are actually done prior to that window anyway.
Complex topic. We've hit this one a few times on this thread, I think. Nobody agrees and I doubt they ever will.
I understand your view just disagree with it... If Man kicks woman in belly and can be charged with Homicide then the Human Being in her belly is just that a Human Being... And All Human Beings have a Constitutional Right to Life... And the Homicide of Any Human being is My business...

I have heard all the rationalizations ever given for a womans right to choose... But I stand by my view that one anyone is given the standing of Human Being they also gain the constitutional protections of a Human being...

A fetus is or is not a Human Being... Once it is given standing as a Human Being then Homicide of it should be individual justified in a court of law...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I replied to Q on this but basically it's the woman's choice. Ultimately it has to be the woman's choice since she is the only person who necessarily has to endure the rigors of pregnancy and have her life permanently altered as a result.
The man can walk away, as many do. Laws requiring him to do anything at all cannot match what the woman is required to do.
And there are a host of other arguments in support of the right to choose, such as the reduction of poverty and crime.
The main thing is to be sensitive of suffering, both of the woman and potential child. And that's the really hard part.
By your reasoning then maybe we should let the woman choose to retroactively kill her 12 year old or her 10 kids by 8 baby daddies... Since "there are a host of other arguments in support of the right to choose, such as the reduction of poverty and crime."

And heck that woman didn't really understand the suffering she and her kids would be going through 12 years down the line when the father up and splits and leaves them on the street...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's considered beyond rude in stone age, cultures of anarchy that would rather lob bombs, live in caves and act like totally uncivilized dirtbag rabid animals.
As for NOT living in That kind of dark stone age, uncouth, non-culture of depravity and ignorance-Me too.
Potty mouth.
And you don't see the hypocrisy in calling me a name aimed directly at me that I may considered an insult, uncouth, non-cultured but want me to give a rats ass that god dammit might bother your self assumed fanaticism....
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your view just disagree with it... If Man kicks woman in belly and can be charged with Homicide then the Human Being in her belly is just that a Human Being... And All Human Beings have a Constitutional Right to Life... And the Homicide of Any Human being is My business...
I have heard all the rationalizations ever given for a womans right to choose... But I stand by my view that one anyone is given the standing of Human Being they also gain the constitutional protections of a Human being...
A fetus is or is not a Human Being... Once it is given standing as a Human Being then Homicide of it should be individual justified in a court of law...
Fetal Homicide is currently recognized in 38 states in some form or another. For instance Kentucky...Ky. Rev. Stat. 507A.010 et seq.(2004) define "unborn child" as a member of the species Homo sapiens in utero from conception onward, without regard to age, health or condition of dependency. The laws define fetal homicide in the first, second, third, and fourth degrees. These laws do not apply to acts performed during any abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman has been obtained or for which the consent is implied by law in a medical emergency.(2004 HB 108)NOTE:: These laws do not interfere with the womans right to choose abortion!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 107,061 - 107,080 of122,604
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
crrreeep 9 min guss 2
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 2 hr holland 16
1304 country village hill 2 hr who knows 3
timmy joe from jack's wheel allignment (Nov '12) 3 hr fb guy 14
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr blahblah123 917
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr blahblah123 25,960
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 4 hr blahblah123 16,060
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 17 at 6:13AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE