Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147246 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112341 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
These people walked across the Red Sea on dry land as walls of water stood on each side of them. They watched Moses call on God to do many miracles that saved their lives. Then because of their wicked nature, they decided to turn from the God, whose power they al witnessed first hand, and make something out of their gold to worship. Nope, not exactly the same thing as Muslims killing Christians.
God wanted to turn this nation into a strong nation that would continue to increase in number and strength. And they defied Him. If you had been there and witness these things that could not have happened on their own without God, would you turn too and say it was all hogwash?
What is "wicked" about worshiping a golden calf? Your statement is anti freedom of religion.
If you worshipped a golden calf in America, would you call that person "wicked"?
Maybe your god is a devil if he is so evil as to murder people just for worshiping something other than himself.
But then again, that would be assuming devils exist.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112342 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't this how you are living where you are today?
Does that make it right or moral? Absolutely not!
Do you have any idea of how to deduce morality?

Many horrible things happened in history that ultimately lead to me being here now. Does it justify any of the bad?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112343 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
He has separated you from God as well.
Then blame the devil and god should also. But that is just another problem with the logic if your religion. You act as if the devil can control stuff yet we have free will. Well you can't have both pal. It is a giant contradiction.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112344 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't this how you are living where you are today?
massively selfish logic. Many innocents died for religious reasons so I could live in North Carolina? Not by my choice and I do not condone it.
Why do you?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112345 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure it is a "code", but definitely a consequence that God saw fit to apply. God made judgment on these people and saw that they were wicked. And wicked parents raise wicked children that would continue to persecute His chosen people. No it doesn't seem fair to us for God to end the earthly visit for these people, but it was to further His plan to remove them from earth. Again, the children less than the age of accountability were not held responsible for their own sins.
Was this a speech hitler gave?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112346 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure it is a "code", but definitely a consequence that God saw fit to apply. God made judgment on these people and saw that they were wicked. And wicked parents raise wicked children that would continue to persecute His chosen people. No it doesn't seem fair to us for God to end the earthly visit for these people, but it was to further His plan to remove them from earth. Again, the children less than the age of accountability were not held responsible for their own sins.
Just wanted to note how if god did any of this, he is interfering with free will.
I guess the chosen people could not have just adopted the kids of the murdered parents.

Btw, if wicked parents all raise wicked children, I guess free will is again a myth.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112347 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
These people walked across the Red Sea on dry land as walls of water stood on each side of them. They watched Moses call on God to do many miracles that saved their lives. Then because of their wicked nature, they decided to turn from the God, whose power they al witnessed first hand, and make something out of their gold to worship. Nope, not exactly the same thing as Muslims killing Christians.
God wanted to turn this nation into a strong nation that would continue to increase in number and strength. And they defied Him. If you had been there and witness these things that could not have happened on their own without God, would you turn too and say it was all hogwash?
No I would not say it was hogwash. Thus the story sounds unbelievable. Thanks for pointing that out. Now why do you believe the unbelievable sounding story? Take the outsiders test.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112348 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a member of the Godhead. The three are one in purpose but three separate beings.
Being a manner of a group that is the head of things......it's polytheism. Is it really such a bad word?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112349 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire NT proves you wrong. Read it please.
I get that you "feel" the book says something in it that proves me wrong, but I note you can't pinpoint it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112350 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This was Moses acting under God's judgment. God judged the hearts of these people and dished out a harsh punishment. It's too bad they turned from what they witnessed to be true.
Again the more likely truth is, no one actually witnessed the claimed miracles.
Yes, capital punishment is harsh for worship. Just as Muslims are wrong for doing it to Christians. Well I guess that are just following the lead of Moses. Humans learn by example. Tell your god that.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112351 Sep 3, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure sounds like it--got Kerry and McCain buying into the thug propoganda pretty good.
SANCTION-SANCTION-SANCTION-EVE RYTHING and anything on any country that provides any thing to Syria.
Call them ALL to the diplomatic "tables of PEACE" FIRST.
NO MORE BOOTs (already on boats!)!
"Bring the Troops Home"-to America!!!!!!!!!!
Thug propaganda?
I guess they learned from Bush.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112352 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you produce some other instances where any other god uses the terminology of damning something or someone?
No gods use any terminology. Gods do not exist.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112353 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
But they knew Moses was just man and that the Living God delivered them. Why would Moses' absence justify them turning from the one that delivered them?
Justify choosing a god.
Maybe they did not know a god delivered them. Maybe they thought they did it on their own. Clearly they did as they did not believe the whole story Moses was selling. You keep blindly assuming the miracles claimed, actually happened. Now think like an outsider for a moment and understand the possibility your story book has a few embellishments.

And let's say they were not justified. It still is not a crime to worship golden calves. Well unless you make unjust laws. You know, like evil dictators.
Worshiping a golden calf does not warrant the punishment of death.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112354 Sep 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how one can take such a test other than what I described that I had done. If this isn't enough for you then I'm sorry. I see no need to repeat my previous actions after receiving an answer. This would be like continuing to look for your keys once you found them.
I don't have blind faith, I have confirmed, active faith. I hope you are able to find it yourself someday. Maybe you could take an outsiders test.
I do take the outsiders test. It is why I am atheist.
Now if you could only show where I need testing? What logic do I defy? What standards do I hold that are double? What inconsistencies have I shown? Where have I failed to look for evidence? What philosophy of mine is flawed? What do I contradict?

You have shown zero evidence for the beliefs you hold. Thus it is blind.

You evidently do not even know the meaning of blind faith.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#112355 Sep 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistically speaking, she is almost certainly NOT going to college. If I was to lay money on it, not knowing her too well personally, I'd say she will have more babies before turning 20 and be on public assistance.
First line of defense against this would have been a firm education from her parents about the nature of sex and a secondary one from school about the nature of sex. Second line would be to have people around her that are rational and adult and who don't believe that a penis has the magic power of shooting a soul into her vagina.
Then she would have a fighting chance.
Statistically speaking... No!
As her parents might be welfare drains themselves, and don't teach decency!
Statistically speaking... Christians are the biggest adopters of un-wanted children!
Statistically speaking... Spiritual people are happier, and healthier than people wanting to do harm to others for holding to their faith!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#112356 Sep 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see 54,559,615 to 1 is better odds than the lottery... And I actually know someone that hit the lotto.... As far as we know one of those 54,559,615 could have grown up to find a cure by cancer, another one could have grown up to solve the future worlds energy needs with a fusion power source, Another could have designed a communication system that spoke to the stars.... And yes maybe one of them may have grown up to be another Hitler or Stalin .... The point being is we have no idea of the unintended consequences of such actions on the future we end up with...
And yes Her Family should have taught her about sex and they should consider adoption as soon as the child is born...
Great post!
Adoption is better than murder!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#112357 Sep 4, 2013
tema wrote:
<quoted text>
Each day one should remind oneself that ,
" God never made a promise that was too good to be true."
Dwight L. Moody
Amen!
God always does what He says!
I have faith in this!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#112358 Sep 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Are you calling atheists, demons? So much for that lie you keep telling us about love. Unless you love demons?
You live in some fantasy world that sounds more and more like some Harry Potter story all the time.
No...
Demons are telling you that there is no God!
Learn to read please!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#112359 Sep 4, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No...
Demons are telling you that there is no God!
Learn to read please!
I can't hear them. I only disbelieve because I am being honest with myself.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112360 Sep 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text> When you post misleading information from some unknown web site that is worse than copy/paste!
Jim McCabe, an attorney for the congregation, said he planned to appeal the jury's decision.
"The Jehovah's Witnesses hate child abuse and believe it's a plague on humanity," McCabe told the Tribune. "Jonathan Kendrick was not a leader or a pastor, he was just a rank-and-file member. This is a tragic case where a member of a religious group has brought liability on the group for actions he alone may have taken."
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most attorneys make certain and positive statements on their clients behalf?
"...actions he alone >may have< taken."
"...may have..."? Sounds like the lawyer is unwilling to place himself at risk of perjury. He must not be a JW, since they seem to have NO SUCH QUALMS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sunday sales!!!!!!! 45 min Jose 4
Kentucky Fried Chicken (Aug '14) 7 hr Listen 19
heard heather smith was out 9 hr Single 14
Give to the church 10 hr Eloise Dawson 5
Time is of essence 11 hr Time is of essence 1
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 11 hr Princess Hey 1,195
Roark Meats or the Slaughter house (Feb '13) 12 hr infoman 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages