Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,344)

Showing posts 106,861 - 106,880 of122,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The first gulf war was about Iraq invading it's neighbors.
We were still at a state of War at the time of the second invasion into Iraq... We had a Signed Cease Fire agreement with specific requirements on Iraq of which they contentiously broke for 12 years...

While again We should never get involved in Nation Building and should have simple smacked them each time they broke the cease fire agreement I just want to make it clear there was not Two Wars in Iraq... One War started when they invaded out ally as Kuwait was... at the time of the second invasion we were still at a state of War....

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit...and bullchit.
(and this isn't even counting the documented cases we haveN'T seen)
There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after all.
The massive cache of almost 400,000 Iraq war documents released by the WikiLeaks Web site revealed that small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq and continued to surface for years after the 2003 US invasion, Wired magazine reported.
The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons arsenal -- most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.
In August 2004, American troops were able to buy containers from locals of what they thought was liquid sulfur mustard, a blister agent, the documents revealed. The chemicals were triple-sealed and taken to a secure site.
Also in 2004, troops discovered a chemical lab in a house in Fallujah during a battle with insurgents. A chemical cache was also found in the city.
----------
When having an outdoor bit of lunch, do you prefer a picnic table, or ground seating, with some freshly starched gingham placemats?
Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and then trickles on down to do the same.
You should call your name "Flip Flopper the Great".

Here is a insiders view (Retired General Colin Powell) showing we should have never invaded Iraq. Flip flop.

Colin Powell supports the increasingly well-documented conclusion that there was actually no decision-making point -- or decision-making process -- during the events between the 9/11 terrorist attacks and the March 2003 invasion of Iraq, which had nothing to do with those attacks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09/coli...

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
as I said.. I agree we should have Never sent troops into Iraq... We should have taken out every thing that moved the instant they targeted any of our aircraft then walked away... Let them fix their own country... My view is that any country that does not follow our rules to the letter does not get our support or protection.. Any Country that attempts to target or destroy any US asset anywhere in the world we smack them hard and walk away and let them bleed...
I was against sending ground troops into Iraq from day one... I was against sending ground troops into Afghanistan other than Spec Op's teams to supply targets.... I was against sending weapons to Afghanistan Freedom Fighters when the Soviets were there... I was against sending air assets to Bosnia when the Serb's were getting upity... I was against sending air assets to Egypt and Libya... And I am Absolutely against firing missiles into Syria.... Now if Syria fires on any US assets or the Assets of our Allies then we should reserve the right to destroy everything that flies or moves in Syria..Then Walk Away...
Q, I agree with you on this. If only the Armageddon welcoming committee would agree.

“For America to sit on the sidelines and do nothing is a huge mistake," Georgia Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss told CBS’“Face the Nation.”

Congressional Republicans said Sunday that President Obama must stick with his vow to take action should Syria cross a “red line” by using chemical weapons

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/28/re...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Here's what my common sense tells me... If a building of this magnitude was struck dead center, it stands to reason that the portion above the impact would fall either to one side or the other. What I question is all 4 beams failing exactly @ the same time to bring the buildings str8 down twice. At least that's what video's show on several news broadcasts being aired live. I'm not sure how many other buildings were demolished after the towers fell due to structural damage from the impact.
It's because of the exoskeleton design... The cross beams do not have to fail at the exact same time for such a failure mode... a single cross beam would have transferred load to the other cross beams and those beams would have detached from the exoskeleton with the exoskeleton maintaining the vertical condition as it collapsed ...

The Designer of the buildings was questions and stated that he was surprised they stood as long as they did considering the damage and fires without suppression but said they failed exactly as design would predict as the failure mode and was one of the considerations in the design to maintain the smallest possible foot print in case of a catastrophic collapse... A Non exoskeleton structure could very well have tilted and fallen horizontally and the damage would have been far greater to the city....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
You post like a relige. Almost had me with the divert and distract move. The heart pumps blood and nothing else. No thoughts, no talking, no emotions just pumps blood. As for cellular level activity, nothing to do with my post.
No I was being specific and the heart does not have thoughts, no talking, no emotions... But it also produces Cardiac Enzymes... which is more than "Just Pumps Blood"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Q, I agree with you on this. If only the Armageddon welcoming committee would agree.
“For America to sit on the sidelines and do nothing is a huge mistake," Georgia Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss told CBS’“Face the Nation.”
Congressional Republicans said Sunday that President Obama must stick with his vow to take action should Syria cross a “red line” by using chemical weapons
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/28/re...
Yep.. It's just plain stupid to stop one of our enemies from slaughtering another of our enemies... The more Islamist kill other Islamist the less we will have to kill later.... When they go outside their own people and attack our assets or the assets of our allies then beat them with a stick and walk away and let them starve in mass... Don't care if they need water because we take out their dams, don't care if they behead their women or car bomb their mosques.... Don't care if they are left with 2 donkeys and a cart to carry on ... if they step outside killing their own then we smack the dog crap out of them and walk away...
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because of the exoskeleton design... The cross beams do not have to fail at the exact same time for such a failure mode... a single cross beam would have transferred load to the other cross beams and those beams would have detached from the exoskeleton with the exoskeleton maintaining the vertical condition as it collapsed ...
The Designer of the buildings was questions and stated that he was surprised they stood as long as they did considering the damage and fires without suppression but said they failed exactly as design would predict as the failure mode and was one of the considerations in the design to maintain the smallest possible foot print in case of a catastrophic collapse... A Non exoskeleton structure could very well have tilted and fallen horizontally and the damage would have been far greater to the city....
I see... that makes sense
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

I've never saw any blueprints of the design elements so I was guessing on it's infrastructure.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No I was being specific and the heart does not have thoughts, no talking, no emotions... But it also produces Cardiac Enzymes... which is more than "Just Pumps Blood"
Like I said, has nothing to do with my post. The word "thick" comes to mind.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

For 8 minutes, after being informed our Nation was under attack, Bush sat quietly in a classroom looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

P.s. Have y'all seen this yet? http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/27/17...
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not alluding to any form of a conspiracy. That is laughable to say the least that our government could pull off such a feat. I know jet fuel burns around 13 - 1500 degrees, not hot enough to Melt Steel, and the degree to melt steel is around 2700 degrees. I also know that to bring down a building that size does not require melting to get the job done, just the weakening of the steel could bring it down, I just question how it appeared to be falling inside itself and aftermath only shows small remanents left standing, but then again, those were the largest buildings to come down in that manner so there is nothing to compare to.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/07/...
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The first gulf war was about Iraq invading it's neighbors.
Yes, over "oil" as Saddam had depleted his own nation into failed statehood by that time.(1) It was during that time period then, that also intensified bin_ladens (well known of) extreme dislike for western "infidels" that allied with Israel, and then with Kuwait to the point of what we then expereinced (after years of thought and then planning) on 9/11.

1. The First Persian Gulf War, also known as the Gulf War, Jan.–Feb., 1991, was an armed conflict between Iraq and a coalition of 32 nations including the United States, Britain, Egypt, France, and Saudi Arabia. It was a result of Iraq's invasion of Kuwait on Aug. 2, 1990; Iraq then annexed Kuwait, which it had long claimed. Iraqi president Saddam Hussein declared that the invasion was a response to overproduction of oil in Kuwait, which had cost Iraq an estimated billion a year when oil prices fell. Hussein also accused Kuwait of illegally pumping oil from Iraq's Rumaila oil field.

Anything else you'd like to discuss?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The Iraq invasion was partly due to the reaction of 9/11. Or at least this was the claim of Bush. Yet Iraq did not attack us.
I note your posts today skip all around this concept and it is the main point of the debate.
Saddam was a major "catalyst". Had he not invaded Kuwait, things may have been a lot different...then and now.

(and there's nothing that will ever convince me any different, not even adding certain other aspects to the whole big picture, so don't even bother trying.)
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
as I said.. I agree we should have Never sent troops into Iraq... We should have taken out every thing that moved the instant they targeted any of our aircraft then walked away... Let them fix their own country... My view is that any country that does not follow our rules to the letter does not get our support or protection.. Any Country that attempts to target or destroy any US asset anywhere in the world we smack them hard and walk away and let them bleed...
I was against sending ground troops into Iraq from day one... I was against sending ground troops into Afghanistan other than Spec Op's teams to supply targets.... I was against sending weapons to Afghanistan Freedom Fighters when the Soviets were there... I was against sending air assets to Bosnia when the Serb's were getting upity... I was against sending air assets to Egypt and Libya... And I am Absolutely against firing missiles into Syria.... Now if Syria fires on any US assets or the Assets of our Allies then we should reserve the right to destroy everything that flies or moves in Syria..Then Walk Away...
Absolutely-we're not the ones that have been demolishing Syria.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You should call your name "Flip Flopper the Great".
Here is a insiders view (Retired General Colin Powell) showing we should have never invaded Iraq. Flip flop.
Colin Powell supports the increasingly well-documented conclusion that there was actually no decision-making point -- or decision-making process -- during the events between the 9/11 terrorist attacks and the March 2003 invasion of Iraq, which had nothing to do with those attacks.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09/coli...
NOTHING you can say will ever change my opinion either. NOTHING.

I respect Powell, he knows the realities-and he also apparently thinks the U.S. has already BOTCHED with Syria right from the gates of the world stage "bow".
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
For 8 minutes, after being informed our Nation was under attack, Bush sat quietly in a classroom looking like a deer caught in the headlights.
One of the most genuine public portrayals of humanity reacting to a state of utter disbelief I have ever seen, bless his then unsuspecting heart.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Here's what my common sense tells me... If a building of this magnitude was struck dead center, it stands to reason that the portion above the impact would fall either to one side or the other. What I question is all 4 beams failing exactly @ the same time to bring the buildings str8 down twice. At least that's what video's show on several news broadcasts being aired live. I'm not sure how many other buildings were demolished after the towers fell due to structural damage from the impact.
The beams did not all fail at once and the building top did fall sideways. This can clearly be seen on video.
The top then pushed down in the lower levels and pancaked.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
We were still at a state of War at the time of the second invasion into Iraq... We had a Signed Cease Fire agreement with specific requirements on Iraq of which they contentiously broke for 12 years...
While again We should never get involved in Nation Building and should have simple smacked them each time they broke the cease fire agreement I just want to make it clear there was not Two Wars in Iraq... One War started when they invaded out ally as Kuwait was... at the time of the second invasion we were still at a state of War....
I am not disputing Bush's legal right to invade, I am disputing the reasons given for invading.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
I've never saw any blueprints of the design elements so I was guessing on it's infrastructure.
The basic idea was that the majority of the vertical load was through the outside steel skin and the cross beams were just floor support and tied the supporting exoskeleton to keep it from bulging out as additional load was added... An there was a center shaft to support the elevator and electrical, cooling and fire suppression systems..

Once a single floors cross beam become weak and they start to bend and that causes then to pull away from the outside skins and shear their connecting bolts, once one beam breaks loose the others can't support the load and also give way... That floor then drops onto the floor below with enough force to shear its cross beam connecting bolts and it pancakes down within the exoskeleton but just behind that the exoskeleton now has not cross beams to tie the walls together and they domino down ... The pressure on the floors below is like a pneumatic cylinder causing the floors below to become highly pressurized and blowing out the windows explosively below the point of collapse... and due to the energy involved (remember every hammer blow, every steel post raised, every piece of furniture placed is Stored Energy) after the top section started down the remainder of floors would have no resistance and fall rate would have been about free fall speeds....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, has nothing to do with my post. The word "thick" comes to mind.
You stated the Heart Only Pumps blood... You were Wrong... get over it.. The Heart produces Cardiac Enzymes ... The word "meathead" comes to mind...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 106,861 - 106,880 of122,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

101 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barbourville Street Dept truck at Ernies Liquor... 6 min Bud man 4
What Say You? 8 min Archangel Oger 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Jay 138,828
Shawntaea Hughes (Jan '09) 1 hr Posh 48
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr hum 81,227
Citys easter Egg hunt what a Joke !!!!!! 2 hr Bobtail 13
Barbourville Street Dept truck at Ernies Liquor... 2 hr Bobtail 2
Corey vs. Collins 7 hr Bobtail 65
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••