Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,065

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111920 Aug 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is how I pretty much view things too, of the situation now.
Except for maybe flying over and dropping out gas masks and other humanitarian, non-violent type aid, with little leaflets that say "for innocent peace loving civilians only, al qaeda/hezbollah/hamas and other terrorist type anarchist type dirtbags, breathe deeply and enjoy the air that you poison yourselves".
Not even... Warlords & jihadists seize the aid then get a pat on the back for doling it out.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#111921 Aug 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So years after the invasion, some lab was found and you automatically assume this was of Saddam?
Sounds more like our invasion caused the need to manufacture WMD's for a response.
Now did we invade Iraq for "small amounts of chemical weapons"? Sorry but that is not the bullshit Bush sold.
As you said, the first gulf war destroyed the majority of WMD's. Bush Jr. just could not admit pops did the job well enough. Bush Jr. had to send in thousands of troops to die for "small amounts of chemical weapons"?
Saddam and Ahmajinahdog. Same thing (except Iran hadn't invaded it's neighbors after stealing their oil causing war to break out) different locale.

Via followed policies of US Civil, world international and U.N. procedures, Iraq deposed it's own rogue dictator. Ahmajinahdog has been replaced, and what and how Iran, and now Syria plays out, remains to be seen.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#111922 Aug 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even... Warlords & jihadists seize the aid then get a pat on the back for doling it out.
We shouldn't have ever stepped a foot in Libya to start with.

This nation HAD been faring not too badly..even sitting record all time high levels of women in some government seats. Will it be next?

The U.S. needs to keep it's anarchy promoting, big loose lipped mouth SHUT, and mind our OWN business.

-------
Latest update: 25/08/2013

Mass anti-government protests in Tunisia

Thousands of anti-government protesters took to the streets of Tunis on Saturday for the first day of a planned week-long campaign to pressure the country’s ruling Islamist Ennahda party to step down from power....
----------
Even the proudest Tunisians agree that until January this year their country played only a marginal role in the Arab world. Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali, its veteran president, had a reputation for being a tough and efficient autocrat. But no one elsewhere paid him much attention.

Far from the heartlands of the Middle East, with a strong secular tradition, rights for women, huge numbers of European tourists and intimate links to France, Tunisia was the most advanced nation in north Africa – not difficult with Muammar Gaddafi's Libya and post-civil-war Algeria as its immediate neighbours.

And even with high unemployment and rampant corruption and cronyism, it was still an unlikely candidate for revolution – let alone one that would provide the spark for the wider "Arab spring" with the overthrow and flight of Ben Ali to a gilded exile in Saudi Arabia.

Now Tunisia is again the focus of Arab and international attention as it prepares for next Sunday's historic elections – for an assembly that will write a new constitution and map out a journey from dictatorship to democracy.....

BrothaNoneYa

Lakeland, FL

#111923 Aug 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
We shouldn't have ever stepped a foot in Libya to start with.
This nation HAD been faring not too badly..even sitting record all time high levels of women in some government seats. Will it be next?
The U.S. needs to keep it's anarchy promoting, big loose lipped mouth SHUT, and mind our OWN business.
-------
Latest update: 25/08/2013
Mass anti-government protests in Tunisia
Thousands of anti-government protesters took to the streets of Tunis on Saturday for the first day of a planned week-long campaign to pressure the country’s ruling Islamist Ennahda party to step down from power....
----------
Even the proudest Tunisians agree that until January this year their country played only a marginal role in the Arab world. Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali, its veteran president, had a reputation for being a tough and efficient autocrat. But no one elsewhere paid him much attention.
Far from the heartlands of the Middle East, with a strong secular tradition, rights for women, huge numbers of European tourists and intimate links to France, Tunisia was the most advanced nation in north Africa – not difficult with Muammar Gaddafi's Libya and post-civil-war Algeria as its immediate neighbours.
And even with high unemployment and rampant corruption and cronyism, it was still an unlikely candidate for revolution – let alone one that would provide the spark for the wider "Arab spring" with the overthrow and flight of Ben Ali to a gilded exile in Saudi Arabia.
Now Tunisia is again the focus of Arab and international attention as it prepares for next Sunday's historic elections – for an assembly that will write a new constitution and map out a journey from dictatorship to democracy.....
Democracy is as alien to Islam as science is to Evangelicals.
Anonymous

Winchester, KY

#111924 Aug 29, 2013
Ten commandments should be back in the schools

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#111925 Aug 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Produces, Cardiac Enzymes are specific to the Heart and are as you say released if cells are damaged... Therefore the Heart muscle cells Produce Cardiac Enzymes... They are not produce in the big toe and migrate there.....
You post like a relige. Almost had me with the divert and distract move. The heart pumps blood and nothing else. No thoughts, no talking, no emotions just pumps blood. As for cellular level activity, nothing to do with my post.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#111926 Aug 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Record of the Vote on the 1965 Civil Rights Amendment.....
House of Representatives:
Democrats for: 152
Democrats against: 96
Republicans for: 138
Republicans against: 34
Senate:
Democrats for: 46
Democrats against: 21
Republicans for: 27
Republicans against: 6
Like I said, not what was said.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#111927 Aug 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize what intense temperatures jet fuel reaches? ANY jet fueled plane that size, being used as a missile to careen anywhere into a skyscraper would cause an implosion.
Have you ever played Jinga?
COMMON SENSE -not whacked out, nutcase crazy duh US gubbermint did it.
Those people are clueless, deranged lunatics.
I'm not alluding to any form of a conspiracy. That is laughable to say the least that our government could pull off such a feat. I know jet fuel burns around 13 - 1500 degrees, not hot enough to Melt Steel, and the degree to melt steel is around 2700 degrees. I also know that to bring down a building that size does not require melting to get the job done, just the weakening of the steel could bring it down, I just question how it appeared to be falling inside itself and aftermath only shows small remanents left standing, but then again, those were the largest buildings to come down in that manner so there is nothing to compare to.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#111928 Aug 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam and Ahmajinahdog. Same thing (except Iran hadn't invaded it's neighbors after stealing their oil causing war to break out) different locale.
Via followed policies of US Civil, world international and U.N. procedures, Iraq deposed it's own rogue dictator. Ahmajinahdog has been replaced, and what and how Iran, and now Syria plays out, remains to be seen.
The first gulf war was about Iraq invading it's neighbors.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#111929 Aug 29, 2013
BrothaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy is as alien to Islam as science is to Evangelicals.
Or as secularism is to Christian evangelicals.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#111930 Aug 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because the United States was attacked outright, in a declaration of "political jihadist war" that was declared publicly by bin_laden et al.
BIG difference between that and the present situation. BIG difference.
The Iraq invasion was partly due to the reaction of 9/11. Or at least this was the claim of Bush. Yet Iraq did not attack us.
I note your posts today skip all around this concept and it is the main point of the debate.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#111931 Aug 29, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not alluding to any form of a conspiracy. That is laughable to say the least that our government could pull off such a feat. I know jet fuel burns around 13 - 1500 degrees, not hot enough to Melt Steel, and the degree to melt steel is around 2700 degrees. I also know that to bring down a building that size does not require melting to get the job done, just the weakening of the steel could bring it down, I just question how it appeared to be falling inside itself and aftermath only shows small remanents left standing, but then again, those were the largest buildings to come down in that manner so there is nothing to compare to.
And the buildings had a unique construction. Thus hard to compare. The pancake style of collapse should be expected with this sort of construction. Or at least this is what the experts say.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#111932 Aug 29, 2013
inbox wrote:
Ten commandments should be back in the schools
Learn the benefits of secularism. Now if they could only get this memo in the middle east. But I guess you evangelicals cannot teach it to them.
Lead by example.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#111933 Aug 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Looking at the first two articles, I see their is no connection made between any weapons found and Saddam.
Quote in second article,
"As yet there is no conclusive proof that Syrian chemical weapons can be traced to Saddam Hussein. "
Need I read all the articles cited to prove you are just reaching for justifications to send our boys to an unnecessary death?
And lets say, just for sake of argument, some of these weapons were sent to Syria. Kind of shows the invasion of Iraq was futile still.
as I said.. I agree we should have Never sent troops into Iraq... We should have taken out every thing that moved the instant they targeted any of our aircraft then walked away... Let them fix their own country... My view is that any country that does not follow our rules to the letter does not get our support or protection.. Any Country that attempts to target or destroy any US asset anywhere in the world we smack them hard and walk away and let them bleed...

I was against sending ground troops into Iraq from day one... I was against sending ground troops into Afghanistan other than Spec Op's teams to supply targets.... I was against sending weapons to Afghanistan Freedom Fighters when the Soviets were there... I was against sending air assets to Bosnia when the Serb's were getting upity... I was against sending air assets to Egypt and Libya... And I am Absolutely against firing missiles into Syria.... Now if Syria fires on any US assets or the Assets of our Allies then we should reserve the right to destroy everything that flies or moves in Syria..Then Walk Away...
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#111934 Aug 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And the buildings had a unique construction. Thus hard to compare. The pancake style of collapse should be expected with this sort of construction. Or at least this is what the experts say.
Here's what my common sense tells me... If a building of this magnitude was struck dead center, it stands to reason that the portion above the impact would fall either to one side or the other. What I question is all 4 beams failing exactly @ the same time to bring the buildings str8 down twice. At least that's what video's show on several news broadcasts being aired live. I'm not sure how many other buildings were demolished after the towers fell due to structural damage from the impact.

#111935 Aug 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The first gulf war was about Iraq invading it's neighbors.
We were still at a state of War at the time of the second invasion into Iraq... We had a Signed Cease Fire agreement with specific requirements on Iraq of which they contentiously broke for 12 years...

While again We should never get involved in Nation Building and should have simple smacked them each time they broke the cease fire agreement I just want to make it clear there was not Two Wars in Iraq... One War started when they invaded out ally as Kuwait was... at the time of the second invasion we were still at a state of War....

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#111936 Aug 29, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit...and bullchit.
(and this isn't even counting the documented cases we haveN'T seen)
There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after all.
The massive cache of almost 400,000 Iraq war documents released by the WikiLeaks Web site revealed that small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq and continued to surface for years after the 2003 US invasion, Wired magazine reported.
The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons arsenal -- most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.
In August 2004, American troops were able to buy containers from locals of what they thought was liquid sulfur mustard, a blister agent, the documents revealed. The chemicals were triple-sealed and taken to a secure site.
Also in 2004, troops discovered a chemical lab in a house in Fallujah during a battle with insurgents. A chemical cache was also found in the city.
----------
When having an outdoor bit of lunch, do you prefer a picnic table, or ground seating, with some freshly starched gingham placemats?
Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and then trickles on down to do the same.
You should call your name "Flip Flopper the Great".

Here is a insiders view (Retired General Colin Powell) showing we should have never invaded Iraq. Flip flop.

Colin Powell supports the increasingly well-documented conclusion that there was actually no decision-making point -- or decision-making process -- during the events between the 9/11 terrorist attacks and the March 2003 invasion of Iraq, which had nothing to do with those attacks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09/coli...

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#111937 Aug 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
as I said.. I agree we should have Never sent troops into Iraq... We should have taken out every thing that moved the instant they targeted any of our aircraft then walked away... Let them fix their own country... My view is that any country that does not follow our rules to the letter does not get our support or protection.. Any Country that attempts to target or destroy any US asset anywhere in the world we smack them hard and walk away and let them bleed...
I was against sending ground troops into Iraq from day one... I was against sending ground troops into Afghanistan other than Spec Op's teams to supply targets.... I was against sending weapons to Afghanistan Freedom Fighters when the Soviets were there... I was against sending air assets to Bosnia when the Serb's were getting upity... I was against sending air assets to Egypt and Libya... And I am Absolutely against firing missiles into Syria.... Now if Syria fires on any US assets or the Assets of our Allies then we should reserve the right to destroy everything that flies or moves in Syria..Then Walk Away...
Q, I agree with you on this. If only the Armageddon welcoming committee would agree.

“For America to sit on the sidelines and do nothing is a huge mistake," Georgia Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss told CBS’“Face the Nation.”

Congressional Republicans said Sunday that President Obama must stick with his vow to take action should Syria cross a “red line” by using chemical weapons

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/28/re...

#111938 Aug 29, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Here's what my common sense tells me... If a building of this magnitude was struck dead center, it stands to reason that the portion above the impact would fall either to one side or the other. What I question is all 4 beams failing exactly @ the same time to bring the buildings str8 down twice. At least that's what video's show on several news broadcasts being aired live. I'm not sure how many other buildings were demolished after the towers fell due to structural damage from the impact.
It's because of the exoskeleton design... The cross beams do not have to fail at the exact same time for such a failure mode... a single cross beam would have transferred load to the other cross beams and those beams would have detached from the exoskeleton with the exoskeleton maintaining the vertical condition as it collapsed ...

The Designer of the buildings was questions and stated that he was surprised they stood as long as they did considering the damage and fires without suppression but said they failed exactly as design would predict as the failure mode and was one of the considerations in the design to maintain the smallest possible foot print in case of a catastrophic collapse... A Non exoskeleton structure could very well have tilted and fallen horizontally and the damage would have been far greater to the city....

#111939 Aug 29, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
You post like a relige. Almost had me with the divert and distract move. The heart pumps blood and nothing else. No thoughts, no talking, no emotions just pumps blood. As for cellular level activity, nothing to do with my post.
No I was being specific and the heart does not have thoughts, no talking, no emotions... But it also produces Cardiac Enzymes... which is more than "Just Pumps Blood"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min flint 153,904
2 good husbands free 14 min gator 8
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 14 min fog mountain 14
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 27 min wtf 5,290
Salon perfection 39 min client 12
Wendy Mills engaged?? 42 min Funny 1
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 48 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,538
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 7 hr Confused 6
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 14 hr Knox co 22
A Rat In Knox County 14 hr True Anon 14