Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,196

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#111842 Aug 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And this is a great example of what you "think" you "know". All evidence shows you were not shot in the head TWICE and yet you insist you know otherwise.
Your stories are textbook delusions and false perceptions. We should send you down to the universities for live examples of how the mind can play tricks upon a person.
Next you will be telling is a god spoke to you.
And this is a perfect example of a man assigning the attributes of a being
he denies to himself!
You... do not know what happened, you THINK you know!
I on the other hand, was there, was Saved by Christ, was
Told by God to look into my life for this proof...
You know what I think???
You just cant stand it... To know someone achieved something you
did not!
You either didn't achieve salvation for lack of desire, or...
You did, and satan led you away like he did me!
Only... I hope it doesn't take you 40 years to get back on track...
We don't have that kind of time!
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111843 Aug 28, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> I have it on good authority that those 'beeps' were mandated by the state for safety precautions when a rather robust woman's backside became oversized and posed a threat in our work zone.
Excuses, excuses.

Good humor though-second time I laughed at that joke lol.

Duquette, wasn't that a funny story? Why anyone could even consider it a typical, absolutely no thought required, woebegone, uh, tale.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111844 Aug 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see you are off topic and did not address my points.
No, I was right on topic and just decided to change the actual topic, just like you did. And it's not my problem if you cannot comprehend the answers given to whatever pointy head question in your pile of many, you're referencing, yet Again.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111845 Aug 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Weiner!
Oblivious! You prove my point.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111846 Aug 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>And this is a perfect example of a man assigning the attributes of a being
he denies to himself!
I on the other hand, was there, was Saved by Christ, was
Told by God to look into my life for this proof...
You know what I think???
You just cant stand it... To know someone achieved something you
did not!
You either didn't achieve salvation for lack of desire, or...
You did, and satan led you away like he did me!
Only... I hope it doesn't take you 40 years to get back on track...
We don't have that kind of time!

Shoot, hit, deform/splatter, pieces ricochet along a cone of incidence. Not enough mass or velocity left to even hurt the moths in your head. I'm not surprised you don't remember when and where the holes in your jacket >actually< came from.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#111848 Aug 28, 2013
Yiago wrote:
I think the topic of the political/religious mix within the military is interesting and kinda scary. The armed forces used to have a broader mix of these ideas but today's military seems to be overwhelmingly religious and conservative, which I think is a terrible mix.
Do you want to go back to the draft? Today's military is 100% voluntary; if atheists and liberals wanted to join, they could. They just don't seem to want to demonstrate their patriotism like religious conservatives do.

Good thing Obama has no fear of using the overwhelminly religious and conservative military when enemies use weapons of mass destruction. I wonder if he'll recover more chemical, biological or radiation munitions than Bush.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111849 Aug 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you want to go back to the draft? Today's military is 100% voluntary; if atheists and liberals wanted to join, they could. They just don't seem to want to demonstrate their patriotism like religious conservatives do.
Good thing Obama has no fear of using the overwhelminly religious and conservative military when enemies use weapons of mass destruction. I wonder if he'll recover more chemical, biological or radiation munitions than Bush.
We know that your definition of "patriotism" is to watch Faux News and burn more domestic fossil fuels.'Nuff said.
Being gullible or duplicitous gives no honor or glory to Christ and I won't sully the blood, sweat, and sacrifices of veterans by claiming that they are patriots because they love Jesus.
By "religious and conservative military," do you mean any member of the Romney clan, or the ever-growing list of chickenhawks? Since you mention the draft, what are the odds of someone obtaining a CO status based on the grounds that they are a pacifist atheist? " " " " a pacifist Christian?
All anyone needs to do is >find< WMDs and he'll have passed Bush's record.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#111851 Aug 28, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>that is nonsense. you just want to apologize for a nasty God that made evil, which is the type of God you obviously believe in if you believe in the Biblical God or in an allpowerful creator God of the universe we live in.

to appreciate one nice thing, one needs a little time and space in between similar events, and a variety of other nice things. we can appreciate blue and yellow and red and pink, without their being a color that is bad. we can appreciate classical music and jazz, without there being horrid noise that deafens us in contrast.
It isn't nonsense. I will admit it doesn't fit 100% of the population.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111852 Aug 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you want to go back to the draft? Today's military is 100% voluntary; if atheists and liberals wanted to join, they could. They just don't seem to want to demonstrate their patriotism like religious conservatives do.
Maybe it would do the youth of America good to experience a few years of discipline and service to the country. No deferments, no special treatments, no "Don't you know who my daddy is?", no "Yo, mofo... you be messin wif my freedom of esprexion, yo."

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#111853 Aug 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoot, hit, deform/splatter, pieces ricochet along a cone of incidence. Not enough mass or velocity left to even hurt the moths in your head. I'm not surprised you don't remember when and where the holes in your jacket >actually< came from.
They weren't even holes, just "lines."

Yaa said, "when I took my jacket off, there were two lead lines
straight down my back 1/4" appart, and starting at mid, to lower shoulder
blade!"

He probably leaned against something and got his jacket dirty.
But he would rather believe that "god" protected him.
Strokes his ego.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111854 Aug 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't nonsense. I will admit it doesn't fit 100% of the population.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If we were protected from every bad thing that could ever happen, what would we be like? I would think we would take everything good for granted and just expect it all the time. I think you have to know the bad to appreciate the good.
I think the analogy works very well. I think it closely parallels.
I agree that much of what we appreciate is in contrast to that which we endure. Even diet Pepsi and Spam taste palatable if you're thirsty and hungry... enough. Your argument falls flat in thinking we have to experience a bad thing to appreciate a good thing. You don't have to kill to value a life. You don't have to hate in order to know love. You don't have to have been deaf to appreciate a song or blind to appreciate beauty.

The utter nonsense is that >according to your own Book<, Adam and Eve were protected from every bad thing that could ever happen - except for the retaliation of a god.
In contrast, I'd have to have a ravenous emotional void for that story to become palatable.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111855 Aug 28, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't even holes, just "lines."
Yaa said, "when I took my jacket off, there were two lead lines
straight down my back 1/4" appart, and starting at mid, to lower shoulder
blade!"
He probably leaned against something and got his jacket dirty.
But he would rather believe that "god" protected him.
Strokes his ego.
When I see a WWJD bumper sticker, this is what crosses my mind:

blink. eye roll. face palm.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#111856 Aug 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No! Actually....
If you are prohibiting the free exercise thereof, I'd say...
If you don't like it... walk on by!
If you are going to claim the Constitution as your protector of rights you really should understand what the words on the paper say...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Note it is specific to Congress and not to your fellow citizens... The Constitution is written originally only as a limit of what the Government can or cannot do and does not apply to Citizens... That is left for the local, State and Federal Laws to deal with... So a Citizen can indeed prohibit your free exercise thereof as long as local, state or federal laws are not broken...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111857 Aug 28, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to claim the Constitution as your protector of rights you really should understand what the words on the paper say...
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Note it is specific to Congress and not to your fellow citizens... The Constitution is written originally only as a limit of what the Government can or cannot do and does not apply to Citizens... That is left for the local, State and Federal Laws to deal with... So a Citizen can indeed prohibit your free exercise thereof as long as local, state or federal laws are not broken...
Many states adopt the U.S. constitution in their state constitutions, thereby adopting the first amendment on the state level. As well,
"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

If Wiccans wish to form a coven or Muslims want to build a community center, or Satanists open a church, or John Doe opens an atheist bookstore, it is not within the province of government to deny them permissions and protections equal to those considerations given protestants and Catholics.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#111858 Aug 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Many states adopt the U.S. constitution in their state constitutions, thereby adopting the first amendment on the state level. As well,
"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
If Wiccans wish to form a coven or Muslims want to build a community center, or Satanists open a church, or John Doe opens an atheist bookstore, it is not within the province of government to deny them permissions and protections equal to those considerations given protestants and Catholics.
Yes states have adopted similar language but those also apply to what the State can or cannot do, Not what the Citizens can or cannot do... That is left for local, state and federal Laws to deal with...

Location hidden

#111859 Aug 28, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't say you personally done the study, just wanted to know where you acquired your information. Not doubting it was in some paper. Did that study specify what PRE-TEEN was? Q posted some data collected over a period of years, which I think was the rarest of pre-teen pregnancies. Take a lQQk-see when you get a chance. Interesting study there too. I posted another link that had data collected up in the infancy of 2010, still didn't show Ky being #1 in Teen pregnancy, and it stands to reason if they are highest in pre teen, same would apply to teen as well, but of course it all stems on the age block they consider in the study.
No no. I don't waste my time doing studies. I work for a living. I don't get paid to do studies so you will never hear me say that. Studying religions definitely, but that's not the same thing as performing a study for statistical data.
I believe it was including 14 and under but I don't remember.

Location hidden

#111860 Aug 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, yet another excuse for your absentee god.
I need no child to die for no apparent reason in order for me to know bad or appreciate life.
I do not expect to be protected by a god, and clearly no god is protecting anyway.
Life is just like no god exists.

There is suffering and there is insane suffering. Do we really need the insane suffering going on constantly just to remind us how wonderful we have it?
Sorry. Shouldn't have served you meat yet.

Location hidden

#111861 Aug 28, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>Not necessarily (joe) I see now whatcha saying... Ok first,... Pulaski could have been higest in the STATE of KENTUCKY but not when compared to the NATION'S AVERAGE..
It could have been a scare tactic for a wake up call to bad parents. I remember it saying Pulaski was the worst for it and KY was one of the worst states for it and the US was the worst country for it. So basically it was saying hideya kids, hideya wives ...

Location hidden

#111862 Aug 28, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Well that's just great JOe...you "black eye" our lil state by saying our pre teen girls are doing more than pretending to play house, then say, well I don't have that paper anymore. How am I to defend our lil angels now? I'm gonna hafta make a trip to the Library and research their newspaper archives. Demmitt
Hahaha. Sorry. I really didn't mean to upset you with all this.

Location hidden

#111863 Aug 28, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>Back The Fac UP Joe.... That statement coming from YOU???

Now that's damn hilarious!!!
Haha, I thought you would find that funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
teena Marie mills 33 min Jennifer 10
any women want to meet 35 min lookeing 1
pullets and cocerels for sale, adult Buff Orpin... (Jun '13) 9 hr Deena 4
Pamela Hatfield, Michael Ramey, Brad Combs 9 hr Mother of the Year 1
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 10 hr Butter bean 23
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 12 hr crazy 227
Cody Carnes 13 hr Proof 7
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating