Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 158184 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#111484 Aug 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said... 90% of religionist do as they do for personal gain of one kind or another.... Such gain can be financial as seen in the nice homes and Stuff of just about every priest, preacher and evangelist you can name... or for personal aggrandizement so many seek from the pats on the backs they get by having their names on the rolls of what they do so others will know they did a good thing or in the wish for reward from god or fear of punishment after death .....
"Doing an Honorable thing for personal gain or fear of punishment does not an Honorable person make" .. "True Honor is doing the Right Thing when No One is looking"
I must disagree. I feel all humans do most actions for some gain. And in the end, this gain is at least somewhat personal.
And I do not feel it is dishonorable to do good deeds for personal gain. A good deed is welcome no matter the motivation.
I like to point out the many motives to do good deeds other than the religious ones. I wish more people would teach this.
I know your idea has been promoted in tradition, but I think it is a flawed philosophy.
Even if the return is a good conscience, it is a personal gain motive.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#111485 Aug 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go misrepresenting what I wrote.
I never said I was Obama's daughter , I said I was one of his inner circle of advisers.
I should know better than to play mental games with simple minds.
Miniscule minds have a problem grasping the meanings , reasons and intentions of what I intentionally kiddingly post.
Q jumped in on this too .
That did not surprise me either.
An orphaned cerebellum looking for a home.
Maybe I should have worded it more clearly. I am working and posting on the fly.
I am not saying you are Obama's daughter, I am saying, even if you were Obama's daughter making this joke, it makes it no less a racist joke.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#111486 Aug 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go misrepresenting what I wrote.
I never said I was Obama's daughter , I said I was one of his inner circle of advisers.
I should know better than to play mental games with simple minds.
Miniscule minds have a problem grasping the meanings , reasons and intentions of what I intentionally kiddingly post.
Q jumped in on this too .
That did not surprise me either.
An orphaned cerebellum looking for a home.
Of course Q jumped on this, he hates Obama.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#111487 Aug 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
No Knucklehead. That is wrong and you still don't get it.
your description of that philosophy is why in intellectual circles you are known as an excrement cranium.
From the way you guys talk, it does not seem as if works matter so much.
If you wish us to understand and accept you religion, then explain it. Otherwise we will just go by what you present and we see.
Nephilim

Somerset, KY

#111488 Aug 23, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nephilim thanks for sharing that info. I can't wait for Known or No Facts rebuttal.
He never replies back. I think he called me a demon one time but that's it. I don't know if it's because I was kicked out of the JWs and he has to shun me or if he just knows I'm right and he hates to look stupid.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#111489 Aug 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>

Practice what you preach.
If you don't believe that which you preach, then, don't preach it
Funny you should say Practice what you preach. We don't believe it and Don't practice it......You on the other hand, believe it and DON'T practice it.......... See the difference? Hypocrite

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#111490 Aug 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course Q jumped on this, he hates Obama.
Ok , Then Quantummist is the racist for hating our Black president.
I did not know that about Q.
We can then add that to the list of his many faults and imperfections.
He is one self aggrandizing self righteous individual.
Can you imagine the gall of the man.
Claims that he can live in the woods for a year with nothing other than a Bowie knife and come out wearing a bearskin coat and snakehide boots .
I rather believe that after the rattlers got through with him , he'd serve as a Thanksgiving dinner for a hungry grizzly.
Then he tells us what a great job he has done on various motorcycles , sends out videods of these for those who are nary interested to see.
Then ,waits for some twit to post him back and tell him what a great job he has done.
Then , he advices us that we should ride around in our motorcycles shouting , look ma , no hands.
Now, why would a person cruise down the highway in a motorcycle without his hands on the handle bars, other than to attract attention to himself.
To me , that would be an irresponsible and dishonorable act , based on an oversized ego and a miniscule mind.
What say ye?
Don't be afraid , i got your back....

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#111491 Aug 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
For the lack of intellectual content contained therein ;You should be sorry it posted at all <BANG< BANG< BANG
Doesn't it hurt when you keep banging your head on wall?
It's not helping you to think any better.
Trust me, I can tell from your posts.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#111492 Aug 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I must disagree. I feel all humans do most actions for some gain. And in the end, this gain is at least somewhat personal.
And I do not feel it is dishonorable to do good deeds for personal gain. A good deed is welcome no matter the motivation.
I like to point out the many motives to do good deeds other than the religious ones. I wish more people would teach this.
I know your idea has been promoted in tradition, but I think it is a flawed philosophy.
Even if the return is a good conscience, it is a personal gain motive.
You did miss the point a bit... I never said it was Dishonorable to do something for personal gain.. I said doing such for personal gain does not make a person a Honorable person...

And I agree doing good for what ever reason is good... Doing good then making some altruistic claim for the act does not denote the person as honorable...

I also agree the vast majority of good humans do they do for self, Greed feeds the masses, charity feeds few.... What I was pointing to was that so many wish to lay claim to some unique quality because of some religious balderdash and will not admit to self aggrandizement as the driving force of their actions...

Honor is not the act, it's the action and intent... As I said one can do the Honorable thing and in doing so does not make one Honorable... It also does not make one Dishonorable either...
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#111493 Aug 23, 2013
Laughing.... you give any Man 3 free strikes @ ya... I can almost guarantee most won't need the third one! You better re think that bro!
still laughing...I know you just using this as an analogy cause they no way in hell you gonna let a Man hit you 3 times before you act! unless of course, you're a 90 lb. weakling?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#111494 Aug 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok , Then Quantummist is the racist for hating our Black president.
I did not know that about Q.
We can then add that to the list of his many faults and imperfections.
He is one self aggrandizing self righteous individual.
Can you imagine the gall of the man.
Claims that he can live in the woods for a year with nothing other than a Bowie knife and come out wearing a bearskin coat and snakehide boots .
I rather believe that after the rattlers got through with him , he'd serve as a Thanksgiving dinner for a hungry grizzly.
Then he tells us what a great job he has done on various motorcycles , sends out videods of these for those who are nary interested to see.
Then ,waits for some twit to post him back and tell him what a great job he has done.
Then , he advices us that we should ride around in our motorcycles shouting , look ma , no hands.
Now, why would a person cruise down the highway in a motorcycle without his hands on the handle bars, other than to attract attention to himself.
To me , that would be an irresponsible and dishonorable act , based on an oversized ego and a miniscule mind.
What say ye?
Don't be afraid , i got your back....
Then you are an Idiot because I do not Hate our Black, actually half black and half white president... I Hate his Policies...

I made my spending money as a grade school kid catching copper heads and diamond back and selling them to Union College so they could milk them for venom... One week end I caught 235 back in the hills... I can skin a buck, I can run a trot line...

Not my fault you have the skill set of a 10 year old....
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#111495 Aug 23, 2013
Laughing,,, then of course, if you are a 90 lb. weak azz....you'd be pretty stupid to pick an altercation with a grown azz man in the first place. Then he would only require 1 hit; but another strike would be heard.....when you got knocked the phuck out and hit the ground!

Good Brew!

Good Times!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#111496 Aug 23, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
laughing....he likes hearing that p-nut rattling in the whiskey barrel.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#111497 Aug 23, 2013
brotherhood has arrived, later dudes

Good Muzic
Good Friends
Good Brew
Good luvin
Good Bonfire
Life is grand!

Location hidden

#111498 Aug 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are an Idiot because I do not Hate our Black, actually half black and half white president... I Hate his Policies...
I made my spending money as a grade school kid catching copper heads and diamond back and selling them to Union College so they could milk them for venom... One week end I caught 235 back in the hills... I can skin a buck, I can run a trot line...
Not my fault you have the skill set of a 10 year old....
Then I stand corrected. You do not hate our president because he is black . You hate his policies which to me , are meant to help the less fortunate and the struggling middle class.
Would I be correct in assuming that those of our citizens who fall into that catergory are the ones you do not like.
Bragging about events that you can not prove seems to be a form of self aggrandizement....Dishonorable trait , according to some.
That is spoken like a true Atheist/ Evolutionist.
And I say that , based on the following article.

“With savages, the weak in body or mind are soon eliminated; and those that survive commonly exhibit a vigorous state of health. We civilised men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination; we build asylums for the imbecile, the maimed, and the sick; we institute poor-laws; and our medical men exert their utmost skill to save the life of every one to the last moment. There is reason to believe that vaccination has preserved thousands, who from a weak constitution would formerly have succumbed to small-pox. Thus the weak members of civilised societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.”
—Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111499 Aug 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atheists who post on topix have been sneering at Christianity looooong before I came on board,,, That is a LAME excuse.
If you are intimidated by the word Bang , then you have mental problems for which I do not have a cure.
I do believe that Du What gave a proper response to the Atheist's problem.
You guys expect to demean and ridicule our beliefs at your pleasure and not expect an in kind reply.
Then , when you get one , you get all bent out of shape.
"You are a Christian. You are supposed to turn the other cheek "
Therefore , you feel you have free license to demean withouit any repercussions.
I do not believe Christ wanted us to be floor mats for Atheists or anyone else.
To put it bluntly . I may permit you to slap me and turn the other cheek , up until you reach the conclusion that you are being a bully and abusive and discontinue your abuse.
If I determine that you will continue to bully and abuse me at your leisure , there will come a time when I will punch you in the mouth and kick you where the sun don't shine.
For the time being , I still like you.
But don't push it. I do not have the patience of Job... LOL
In an aside; I thought you posted that I should be ignored .
I do not bully those who are disadvantaged, I "bully" those who persist in willfully dishonest and wantonly ignorant statements.-If you consider correcting your misadventures into logic, being critical of hypocrisy and pointing out falsifications as "abuse", the I again question your ability to recognize reality. Not that you've proven adept at recognizing it. With that in mind, maybe I >should< treat you with kid gloves. Bless you my child, have a cookie.

You offer an aside? Is that your special contraction for asinine and snide? To be direct, I thought you posted that you'd be leaving Topix soon - and reasonable people will be sneering at your Kooky Kool-aid Korps long afterward.
Oh, and lest we forget - Mind your ninth commandment.

Location hidden

#111500 Aug 23, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
No , I have a hard head. What does hurt is reading the malignant nonsense posted by maladjusted atheist minds.
Keep an eye out for Lodi and his earplugs.
His brain is mush and if the earplugs dislodge his brains will ooze out his ears.
<Squish<Squish< Squish.....BAAANG....,LOL

Location hidden

#111501 Aug 23, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Laughing.... you give any Man 3 free strikes @ ya... I can almost guarantee most won't need the third one! You better re think that bro!
still laughing...I know you just using this as an analogy cause they no way in hell you gonna let a Man hit you 3 times before you act! unless of course, you're a 90 lb. weakling?
LOL You got me convinced. I will remember that and, in case I ever run into you ,if you give me any lip , I will unscrew your head and reattach it to your belly button . LOL
In an aside , I am not a 90 lb. weakling . You got me confused with the guy in the Charles Atlas add.
You know " the before" I am "The after" 55 lbs. of sheer dynamite.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111502 Aug 23, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>My Jesus let's me be REAL, As in not PHONY.
And that includes laying it back to hypocrite BULLIES.
Shall we review the define of hypocrite again?
By your own admission "My Jesus" you believe; and in doing so must adhere to his instructions that he has laid out for you to follow!
You have Failed!
Now what you have accomplished is proving your hypocrisy......(the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion)
In order for you to understand this...you must first understand the meaning of hypocrite, and I really don't think you do.
Sounds like a personal problem-of your own.

I do believe there was once a being that existed, known in the Bible, as Jesus, in basic human form.

Just like Solomon, David, and a lot of others through out history.

And that definition was:

1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion.

No "assumption" to it...except on your part.

Is there something you do not like about The Golden Rule?

It's a fairly simple rule to try and live by.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111503 Aug 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure most of us here do refrain from using this language in most company out of respect.
I am sure most of us atheists here do not talk about religion in mixed company the way we do here. Keep in mind, this is a forum that is supposed to be more open to free expression in an attempt to exchange views in a way that is normally not something we could do in person due to the social norms of respect.
You guys seem to forget this fact.
"that is normally not something we could do in person due to the social norms of respect.
You guys seem to forget this fact."

I am SO glad you (SOMEONE finally) pointed THOSE two VERY true statements out.

Thank you.

"Brilliant, Agree and Bingo!!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy mills Johnny smith 13 min hot mom 11
looking 45 min to rent 1
Working for the state, at Knox Central High Sch... 1 hr I am confused 1
County cops and wymt tv news 1 hr Wondering 10
Ashley Judd is F@@@ing stupid 1 hr True dat 3
Anyone know 3 hr Lol 9
jail tracker 3 hr mad dog 1
Knox closed for flood 4 hr Dan 4
Fancy people in D.C. 4 hr joan 16

Barbourville Jobs