Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141338 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111380 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Are you judging my "righteousness"? I thought your Jesus said that was not allowed.
Not as if this would be your first hypocrisy.
My Jesus let's me be REAL, As in not PHONY.

And that includes laying it back to hypocrite BULLIES.

Shall we review the define of hypocrite again?
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111381 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I get that respect is needed, but I have little faith that the believers will come to respect the views of other beliefs or non beliefs. You see, the bible tells you that respect for other beliefs is not the way. Just see what Moses did when he brought down the commandments. He had the calf worshipers murdered.
Now if you could only change that holy book, I might could believe you guys will change. But as it was pointed out recently here by a Christian, atheists are looked at with the lest respect of any peoples in polls done around the world.
The wars between religions are still a major problem in our society.
So my theory is, slow the blind faith period and maybe we could slow the wars.
My theory is, if you believe blindly, then how can you tell others to not blindly believe their holy books that command them to kill you?
So is political conquesting.

Just look at Egypt...formerly at least semi- Secular/military, able to maintain diplomacy with Israel, an Arab uprising spring in the name of a "democratic" ??????(the word appears to hold th respect of a pile of bull excretment when applied in that instance however) vote that let's in extremism, NOW leaning towards religious law.

So now the world watches as Egypts suffers through more POLITICAL uprising, adding religious turmoils not seen since the dark ages of the 1300's.

Go figure.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111382 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>God did say, an eye for an eye, or was that Jesus? It was one of those gods.
Atheist asking what?

I am but a simple self reader. My perspective is one of preference for the New Testament, as I have stated many time- I don't believe in barbaricness, vengenece and all that vile dark age nonsense.

I also believe in The Golden Rule...and

Karma.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111383 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>

Kind of like when using the word "ignorant". The word is not used causally like calling someone a moron. The word is descriptive of the knowledge one has. A genius might be ignorant of much knowledge.
Yup, that's exactly what the word means. Good for you!! Gold star even lol.

Did you realize you can look those words up in on line dictionaries?

Just checking.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111384 Aug 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
"SistaNoneYa wrote:
Tough.
This is 21st century America-not dark age Babylon. I can be an Ahole too."
Just to clarify and improve your educational forays...
Babylon was a civilization that existed from around 1900 BC to about 1600 BC
The Dark Ages were around 480 AD to 1070 AD
Okay thank you, reminder to self: be technically specific but not descriptive when referencing points of time/places in history.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111385 Aug 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>That must be it Q.. I'm a bike rider and we brotherhood have a wave we extend to other riders.
What's with that stuff anyway?

That needs to change to just a nod.

Y'all supposed to keep both hands on the handlebars, y'all oughta realize the roads already under you to start with..
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111386 Aug 22, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay thank you, reminder to self: be technically specific but not descriptive when referencing points of time/places in history.
Side Note-on the tecnhicalities of the "dark ages of the 1300's"

By 1275 the Mamluk empire in Egypt had annexed the northern part of the Nubian kingdom that was Christian. When Sanbu became king of Nubia at Dongola, Mukurra officially converted to Islam and made the cathedral a mosque in 1317. After 1320 the Manfalut province paid tribute to the Egyptian sultan, and it became a slave market. Despite Nubian efforts to regain their independence led by Kanz al-Daula (d. 1323) and Banu 'l-Kanz, Dongola was destroyed. In 1365 Kenuz and Ikrima Arabs ravaged southern Egypt and murdered the Nubian king, and the capital was moved to Du. The monarchy collapsed in 1397 when the king of Du fled to Cairo. Islam replaced Christianity in Nubia, and in the next century 'Alwa was also overrun by pastoral Egyptian Arabs
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#111387 Aug 22, 2013
It's a form of respect towards other riders, Camaraderie is one of the many reasons we ride, and waving is one of the ways to express that connection.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#111388 Aug 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that this phrase offends millions of people. It's like the n word to blacks is offensive, insensitive, and inappropriate.
So why use it to people that you know find it offensive unless you are just trying to provoke or insult?
Two reasons:

1) It shouldn't offend anyone. If I went around using racial slurs I'd be talking about real people. Saying "god dammit" refers to no actual people and has no ability to harm or insult or injure anyone. People who still get offended by such phrases really need to buy a pack of big boy or big girl panties and join reality.

Now, I don't go around saying "god dammit" all the time. Unless I'm with friends. I am respectful of people face-to-face. But in an internet discussion about god I have no inhibitions about using that phrase when I want to add emphasis to something.

For example, the idea that raped and murdered children are now happier in heaven is a god-damn joke. And a tasteless one at that.

2) God dammit is my favorite "curse" word. Don't take it away from me.

Location hidden

#111389 Aug 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you think my beliefs are irrational doesn't mean that they are. And since you have already judged me based off of the decision I made to join this church, then you automatically assume you are smarter than me and therefore become arrogant in your posts towards me.
I don't work well with arrogance. So if you really want to know my deepest beliefs and thoughts and see me throw them out on the table for you to dissect, then come down the arrogance ladder a few rungs. Understand what offends believers and back off of it.
I don't mind having respectful discussions about my beliefs. It's my favorite topic. But the profanity, GD's, and insults prevent a respectful discussion.
Just sayin
Yes, I understand. You are absolutely correct. When we engage in that level of interaction we lose the ability to find middle ground. I sorta figure we aren't going to find any middle ground, though.

But, to address you first point: "Just because you think my beliefs are irrational doesn't mean that they are."

Let's take a look at this. Because it is totally true. But there is a reason I think you beliefs are irrational. Not simply because I decided to, but because the evidence says they are. Let's take a look at a couple of Mormon beliefs and ask honestly how rational they are:

1) A 19th century American with a history of fraud is led to an ancient lost Biblical Scripture by an angel.

2) The Scripture is written in Reformed Egyptian, a language that no other person has ever encountered or even heard of.

3) The man translates the Scriptures by covering his head with a cloth and looking into a hat, somehow using two magic rocks in the process.

4) Items 1-3 result in a new revelation from god and detail, among other things, how Jesus visited Native Americans.

Do you believe these ideas? If so, why?

Location hidden

#111390 Aug 22, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Derek Kidner has well noted:
“The assertion,‘There is no God,’ is in fact treated in Scripture not as a sincere if misguided conviction, but as an irresponsible gesture of defiance. In the context of Psalm 10:4 it is expounded as a gamble against moral sanctions; in Job 21:7-15 as impatience of authority; in Romans 1:18ff. as intellectual and moral suicide”(1973, 79).
So? The Bible also talks about unicorns and dragons. We're supposed to be impressed here?

Location hidden

#111391 Aug 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You seriously need to have a Bible study with Jehovah's Witnesses. The study is free with no obligation. You can discontinue the study anytime you want. If after a reasonable amount of time you are not convinced that what you are learning is indeed the truth then by all means discontinue it. But for your own sake don't allow anyone else to decide for you.
You will get answers to such questions as: Why has God let the devil run the world for 6000 years?
lol
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#111392 Aug 22, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
My Jesus let's me be REAL, As in not PHONY.
And that includes laying it back to hypocrite BULLIES.
Shall we review the define of hypocrite again?
Yes I would like to review the definitions again. In reference to those Definitions....Explain how M D qualifies as a hypocrite, or any other non believer for that matter.

We call you a hypocrite because you exemplify the word's meaning perfectly!

Location hidden

#111393 Aug 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
How can a person know which religion is right?
(1) On what are its teachings based? Are they from God, or are they largely from men?
I'd say largely from men. In fact...entirely from men. Especially since most traditional religions are patriarchal.

Location hidden

#111394 Aug 22, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
See.. that seems to be a serious problem for some you athiest types. You want judge others based upon scriptures that you "don't believe" in.
Now let's look at the meaning of the word "hypocrite"
Definition of HYPOCRITE (fro good old Merriam and Webster)
1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in CONtradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
Huh......
If you hold a certain belief and then violate that belief you should be called out on it.

For example, time and time again we see these nutty Christian pastors and politicians gay-bashing or talking smack about women or talking about family values and abstinence only...then they get caught banging two dollar male prostitutes and doing smack.

It is endless fun to call the hypocrites out.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#111396 Aug 22, 2013
If you go to one religion and ask them a question then go to another and ask the same question you will often get conflicting answers as on this post. So many end up confused so they do know what to believe so they turn atheist it is easier to just believe there is no god and let it go at that. But if you would like to know the truth Jehovah's Witnesses have a wonderful little book "What Does the Bible REALLY Teach?". You can go on line to jw.org and read all or any portion.

Have a good night.
Rehabilatated

Lexington, KY

#111397 Aug 22, 2013
Jesus is the answer.......

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#111398 Aug 22, 2013
Rehabilatated wrote:
Jesus is the answer.......
*raises hand*
I know this one!
Alex, the question is "why did the chicken cross the road?"

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#111399 Aug 22, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , like Q , you are no longer young or full of pizz and vinegar. Where does that leave y'all?
,,,Bang,,, bang,,, bang
Don't know about him but even with all my replacement parts I still hop on my scoot and will make a run from coast to coast, climb a mountain, or if need be go into survival mode and walk off into the wilderness with a buck knife and come out a year later wearing a bear skin coat and snake skin boots....
curious

Ocoee, FL

#111400 Aug 22, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
*raises hand*
I know this one!
Alex, the question is "why did the chicken cross the road?"
To slap the Evolutionist/ Atheist across the street who called his mother a Dinosaur.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things to do in Barbourville 19 min Johnny mills 20
parkway pharmacy 50 min wandering 1
Best place to get your car fixed? 1 hr Nobody 13
computers for sale 2 hr ttwarewolf 22
house cleaner wanted younger lady 2 hr handy 10
Is the Knox co courthouse still performing marr... 2 hr Lanny 7
Jason Marsee shot Ford Collett 2 hr TJust Saying 35
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE