Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
106,101 - 106,120 of 128,923 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse Puckey Doo Doo..... Devoid of logic ....
If Adam and Eve could have lived forever why would they need to eat, drink, sleep to live? Adam eats from the tree of knowledge so from that point forward god allows anyone to beat a babies head against a rock if they want too... He's all powerful yet has angels and satan turn against him and he has to sit back and let them have their way until sometime in the future were he has to have some big earth shattering battle to destroy satan and him minions instead of a wave of the hand or blink of the eye to make them go pooof...
You story is for children that think the easter bunny hides eggs in the grass, The tooth fairy leave a coin under the pillow, santa shrinks and comes down the chimney and flying unicorns fly about pooping glitter, and there are pots of gold at the end of rainbows.... Not for grown adults with functioning minds....
The moral of the story is, knowledge is not good to seek. Do not lust for knowledge. Stay ignorant and just blindly believe.

Believe it or not, I am not saying this sarcastically. I am quite sure this is what was meant by this, seeking of knowledge, on this forbidden metaphorical tree.

In other words, do not look to natural science for answers, just keep the blind faith that god did it, as the myth claims.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>We hope that some day, your "Do not know" turns into "I do know", as ours has!
Hows that Hope and Change working out for you...

I would say "I Think I Know" when a few pieces of Verifiable, Reproducible, Testable Evidence is presented... It would take a Lot of Verifiable, Reproducible, Testable Evidence to move me to the "I Know" position... Even if I became delusional and saw a flying unicorn going overhead while colorful glitter rained down on my head it would require testing of the glitter, verification of the mythical beast by assorted methodologies and observation of it's repeated appearance by non biased observers....

Being Intellectually Honest with oneself is a hallmark of mental maturity...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that was just opinion, and my freedom of personal reading preferences.
Do you believe in freedom of peoples personal choices in choosing what to read or what not to read, or don't you?
Sure, just pointing out the hypocrisy, which you just diverted from.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>YaA claims the rounds made no exit wound. I guess they must still be lodged in his brain.
That would explain a lot.......

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, YES continually insulting, as well harassing,stalking etc etc--- others--- IS terrorising.
Verb 1. terrorize - coerce by violence or with threats
terror, to force, hale, pressure, squeeze - to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :"She forced him to take a job in the city"; "He squeezed her for information"
Which ALSO is similarly the same as (via thesaurus) to
"bullying"-
1. a quarrelsome, overbearing person who badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people.
To treat in an overbearing or intimidating manner. See Synonyms at intimidate.
2. To make (one's way) aggressively.
v.intr.
1. To behave like a bully.
1. a quarrelsome, overbearing person who badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people.
a. a pimp.
v.t.
4. to intimidate or terrorize.
v.i.
5. to be loudly arrogant and overbearing.
adj.
Is there some reason you terrorize others whose beliefs might differ from yours, but who are doing nothing wrong and mean you no harm??
So you think my approach to this debate of ideas is to aggressive thus I am a terrorist? And yet somehow equating aspects of religion to terrorism is outrageous?

The contradictions and hypocrisy never stop with you guys.
I guess pointing that out makes me a bully.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, YES continually insulting, as well harassing,stalking etc etc--- others--- IS terrorising.
Verb 1. terrorize - coerce by violence or with threats
terror, to force, hale, pressure, squeeze - to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :"She forced him to take a job in the city"; "He squeezed her for information"
Which ALSO is similarly the same as (via thesaurus) to
"bullying"-
To treat in an overbearing or intimidating manner. See Synonyms at intimidate.
2. To make (one's way) aggressively.
v.intr.
1. To behave like a bully.
a. a pimp.
v.t.
4. to intimidate or terrorize.
v.i.
5. to be loudly arrogant and overbearing.
adj.
Is there some reason you terrorize others whose beliefs might differ from yours, but who are doing nothing wrong and mean you no harm??
I can't even get a straight answer out of you guys, so I guess I am not really squeezing that hard.
Maybe I should use threats of hell or some tactic like this.

And again, I think you and your kind are doing harm, yet you continue to portend you and your kind are harmless.
Doing harm in ignorance is not making me feel any better about the harm I see here.

YaA repeatedly claims homosexuals will go to hell. Do you see terrorism in this claim? Is this a harmless claim?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine some of the posters here (and I'm going to actually exlcude YaA from the scenario because he doesn't exhibit the bully, terrorist, know it all, condescending type vitriol that some others do), attending as guests, a consortium of physics professionals at CERN...the guests spewing their ignorance in the usual ill-manner.
Can you imagine some of the looks (at the very least) on some of the REAL professionals faces?
YaA claims to "know" homosexuals will go to hell, as well as all of us "tard" non believers, yet he is somehow excluded? Talk about double standards.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think some of you try and use that blame card as some sort of ace in the hole trump card.
Nope..that one doesn't work so good when anyone considers all the "free choice, free will" imperfection and NON immortality of people in general..
That's just poor game of life conceptual skills dude...might want to read some instructions lol.
It just contradicts what we see as what would be a moral god. I get you guys have a whole back story made up to answer for the lack of a god helping. You had to have such answers in order to calm the masses who doubted the viability of this claimed god. It shut some people up from questioning. It did not shut us all up, as it is a poor answer.
A god that could help, yet does not help, is not a moral being. Sure, it is just my opinion, but my opinion is what I use to determine if a god is real or not.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
cereal apologists?
(one for the CONdescending, self esteemed, know it all brigade LOL)
"That's just poor game of life conceptual skills dude...might want to read some instructions lol. "

Oh, the hypocrisy is large.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
That Atheists have serious mental issues has been confirmed by various Independent Studies .
As an aside; The postings by Atheists serve to confirm the validity of said studies.
Blaming others for having caused your mental problems does not resolve this very serious problem.
Denial is never the solution to real life problems
Atheists sometimes do have mental issues, just as theists sometimes do.
It is as if we humans were not made perfectly at all. It is as if nature haphazardly evolved us.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking I'm NOT exaggerating. Read on....
Post #70585 02/17/12
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If god commanded you to kill your child, would you?
I am sure you will avoid this question.<end quote>
Yaa answered:
Are you sure?
I would make sure it WAS God first, and Knowing His will, I
really doubt it would be my God, more like your god!
Then, it would probably be like an Abrahamic test, as I would do exactly
what God requested!
Did you have that saved on your computer all this time or did you look this up?

Thanks for proving beyond a shadow of a doubt the claim of YaA being willing to kill his children for his god is no exaggeration.

And yet somehow the claims of blind faith with terrorism, being tied to the same fundamental concepts of YaA and others here is being claimed as terrorism itself.

YaA seems sure that god told him Obama is evil. Now should we be at ease with how YaA checks to see if the god is really his god?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Love, love, love.....but kill if Yahweh says you should.
THAT is what the babble says.
One can kill the one he loves. Love really does not mean as much as these guys wish it to mean.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That could very well be. Smaller temples were successively constructed over the tops of older ones which resulted in the mound structures. Copycat cultures could have written their own mythos around the megaliths or the original civilization decayed (due to climactic, environmental or cultural changes, as seen in other regions and examples?) and lost the capacity to build on previous scales.
As with Puma Punku, later inhabitants might have paid homage to previous builders' architecture, but lacked the ability to replicate the construction techniques.
I enjoy reading your thoughts on this subject and would love to see you elaborate more.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So king David was not forgiven of his murder? Kind of messes with your previous claims of him having pure blood(whatever that means).
Seems you have been caught in yet another contradiction.
No. He was pardoned, meaning he still had to face punishment for his sin. One way was that he was not allowed to build the temple of God, which was one of his greatest desires. This was given to his son Solomon to complete.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So king David was not forgiven of his murder? Kind of messes with your previous claims of him having pure blood(whatever that means).
Seems you have been caught in yet another contradiction.
Yet another?

What were the others? Are you just making a general untrue statement to try to discredit me just because you still do not understand scriptures?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what I dodged. I addressed all if the points made. Their was no certain age, nor even a crime. Not sure what constitutes a sin with whom here.
No you didn't. At all

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Right, I get that point. And I said as much the last time. You have faith and devotion and until I have faith and devotion you will not accept that I *understand* your religion. You have put your religion into an entirely subjective position, unassailable by criticism.

To be honest that ended the conversation many, many pages ago. There is simply nothing more we can possibly say to each other if we are not going to use reason and logic to have the conversation. I am uninterested in surrendering my intellectual integrity to faith. You are uninterested in examining your religion critically. We have an impasse.

To be clear on the Bible issue, I don't mean to say I'm anything like an expert. I have a working knowledge of the subject and a purely intellectual interest in it. I can't quote it, and I don't remember most of what I read about it. It's a big damn book.

I am not aware of any Christian doctrine that states murder will be "pardoned" but not forgiven. If that is a specifically Mormon teaching then you are in a very small minority of opinion and the vast bulk of Christian teaching is against you.

How do you know you are correct? What was your process for figuring out the truth?
My profession requires 100% logic so don't assume I'm not a logical person. Logic and faith are both required to understand the nature of God and His gospel. Don't assume they are mutually exclusive just because you heard some atheist say that.

Do you really want to know why I believe what I believe, or do you just want me to open up even more than I already have on here just to subject myself to more criticism and ridicule because it is fun for you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Learned men believed for 2000 years or more that an imbalance in bodily fluids (blood, black bile, yellow bile, and phlegm) led to all sickness. This is not true.

So to say that millions (its actually billions) of people today believe in an invisible friend is not very shocking. And proves nothing except that people are willing to believe things that make them feel better.
It is amazing that you think you are smarter than billions of people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>My atheism came from a life of observation and an inherent willingness to be critical of ideas. My parents took me to church maybe 20 times and maybe to a dozen different churches. I appreciate the fact that I saw all those different Christian sects and that I was never forced to engage in their practices. I think this helped me have no inhibitions about being critical of them.

I did used to have a latent belief in something, or fear of it. I was afraid to curse because I thought god might be listening. I remember saying "god damn" quietly once when I was about 11 or 12. Nothing bad happened.

I've been saying god damn ever since, god dammit.
Is this how you work with people? You disrespect them, and if nothing happens you continue?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No. He was pardoned, meaning he still had to face punishment for his sin. One way was that he was not allowed to build the temple of God, which was one of his greatest desires. This was given to his son Solomon to complete.
So he was punished, but what of the pure blood line you claimed before?
If Kind David was simply pardoned but never forgiven, then no pure blood line existed for Jesus.

I must note yet again how silly this "pure blood line" concept is. How do sins contaminate ones blood or genes that are carried down to future generations long down the road?

How is murdering an innocent baby, justice? What sort of barbaric mentality is this? It is one of ancient barbaric men, not of a just god.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
where did the hot topix malena cox go 4 min know 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min DITCH MITCH 146,888
Corn for Sale 1 hr seller 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
House cleaning 2 hr Joe 5
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr hillian 81,559
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 6 hr Flint hill bandit 16,129
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder Sun sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE