Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 138365 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111296 Aug 22, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
The Foolishness of Atheism
by
Eric Lyons,
Atheists are ...
yadayada, Apologetic cut and paste, lie, drool, more moronic cut and paste, yadayada. Repeat.
I get it already - you and your ilk dislike and distrust anyone who isn't your same kind of brain damaged. Not interested. Keep your membership cards in your pocket, you've got nothing I want. If I dive into an empty pool and the impact 'blesses' me with the right and proper kind of 'enlightenment', maybe I'll twitch and blink code for a nurse to fill out an application to your club for me.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#111297 Aug 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy and popular, since it's been a successful program for over 1,600 years.
Clink clink.

UtOh..dat hole in yew tin can starting to show du-DUH.

Got any stupid fix crazy glue in yer pockets?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#111298 Aug 22, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I think Sista believes he is writing a book...and is going to be paid by the word.
Either that or he is so enamoured with his own ego, he just loves to hear himself go on and on and on.....
In his head, he is brilliant. But only in HIS head.
Delusional self projecting merits good reason for psychological testing.

There's probably even some new libuhrulTic category they can lump and labelduhm you under for it!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#111299 Aug 22, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You said something I can agree with.
It's too bad you have to be such an @ss about it.
When trying to logic with nothing but @sses, one must speak the same language as.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111300 Aug 22, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Another area that should be considered in B-U-D-G-E-T considerations, cause they aint "fwee" whe n they breakdown either!(oh-surprise, how many times does THAT category get duplicated on the many NON existant budget sheets everywhere?)
1) Why isn't dentistry covered in standard health insurance?
2) Mental health is often covered in medical insurance, but often those who need it most do not take advantage of it.(Cases in point: YaA, curious, ProvenScience, Known Fact,...)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111301 Aug 22, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Clink clink.
UtOh..dat hole in yew tin can starting to show du-DUH.
Got any stupid fix crazy glue in yer pockets?
Glue? Not in my pocket, but I can check my workbench. I'd mail it to you but it looks like you've already sniffed your fill.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111302 Aug 22, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
When trying to logic with nothing but @sses, one must speak the same language as.
That is the hazard of being in the habit of talking to one's self. If one is known by the company they keep - you really should get out more.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111303 Aug 22, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional self projecting merits good reason for psychological testing.
There's probably even some new libuhrulTic category they can lump and labelduhm you under for it!
"labelduhm"? You mean like curious does with the dreaded =gasp= ATHEISTS?=gasp=(genuflect, genuflect)
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111304 Aug 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Why isn't dentistry covered in standard health insurance?
2) Mental health is often covered in medical insurance, but often those who need it most do not take advantage of it.(Cases in point: YaA, curious, ProvenScience, Known Fact,...)
In the REAL world of working class--Expenses, expenses, expenses.
Your clueless republican (or is the palms outstretched of a fwee depenDunce demoncrat?) is showing.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111305 Aug 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Glue? Not in my pocket, but I can check my workbench. I'd mail it to you but it looks like you've already sniffed your fill.
Yeah...I was standing in line next to a libuhrulTIC not long ago...she was twisting the cap on a tube of..leaked some fumes out. Axed me if I thought it would hold her fake nails on better than what was in the fake nails kit.
Told her I didn't think it was a very good idea-probably saved her enough for another pop on her SNAP card for the month though.

(OMGoDUH).
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#111306 Aug 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the hazard of being in the habit of talking to one's self. If one is known by the company they keep - you really should get out more.
Oh Hell no lol.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111307 Aug 22, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
In the REAL world of working class--Expenses, expenses, expenses.
Your clueless republican (or is the palms outstretched of a fwee depenDunce demoncrat?) is showing.
? What part of the body doesn't repair itself? I said teeth. You launched into some drivel about budgets. I noted that even though dental care is a health concern, standard medical insurance doesn't address it. NOW what are you going on about? Health insurance rates? Obamacare? Dental insurance? The high cost of your Fixodent or what your shrink charges for mental flossing?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#111308 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think it is a lack of logic, it is more like a denial problem.
You refuse to take the outsiders test.

If I must have faith in order to understand, then I will never believe, as I do not blindly accept what I cannot understand.

This is why your claim lacks good logic. It might have logic, but not good logic.
I refuse to take what outsider test?

I could I guess say you refuse to take an insider test?

Why is it so hard to believe that if a power existed that was able to create everything you see here (including you), then that being may just be able to work outside the logical boundaries of your human mind?

Location hidden

#111309 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The major problem in your statement is, this god is not a real being. There is no being in which to be disrespectful towards.
Think of it as a test.
There is no problem with my statement. Of course I believe that phrase offends God, but it also offends all those that believe in God. So use of it is disrespectful. Period.

Location hidden

#111310 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So murdering his baby was not enough punishment?
I think he should have been removed from power, but evidently this does not fit the narrative.
We don't choose the punishment when God judges
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#111311 Aug 22, 2013
Teeth is correct..
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#111312 Aug 22, 2013
I actually thought it was cartilage too...

Location hidden

#111313 Aug 22, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Google "cognitive dissonance".

I think you are the smartest theist that posts on here, maybe that's why I keep arguing with you. Plus I'm interested in Christian sects such as the LDS. I like critiquing them.

Yeah, a person can be Vulcan in their logic but still be as silly as a little boy when it comes to religion. And you know, I don't have a problem with that privately. But if we're going to discuss the matter openly then I will not withhold my full opinion. I do not respect your beliefs because they are irrational. I don't care how logical you are in your daily life, you are irrational in your spiritual life.

As an example, you became a Mormon as an adult.
Just because you think my beliefs are irrational doesn't mean that they are. And since you have already judged me based off of the decision I made to join this church, then you automatically assume you are smarter than me and therefore become arrogant in your posts towards me.
I don't work well with arrogance. So if you really want to know my deepest beliefs and thoughts and see me throw them out on the table for you to dissect, then come down the arrogance ladder a few rungs. Understand what offends believers and back off of it.

I don't mind having respectful discussions about my beliefs. It's my favorite topic. But the profanity, GD's, and insults prevent a respectful discussion.
Just sayin

Location hidden

#111314 Aug 22, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Of course not. But notice how you compared my use of "god damn" to disrespecting actual people.

God is not real, it's an idea. People are real. I like people and I try to be nice to them. Especially at work.

The Easter Bunny has goofy ears. Will he cry now?
You know that this phrase offends millions of people. It's like the n word to blacks is offensive, insensitive, and inappropriate.
So why use it to people that you know find it offensive unless you are just trying to provoke or insult?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111315 Aug 22, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...I was standing in line next to a libuhrulTIC not long ago...she was twisting the cap on a tube of..leaked some fumes out. Axed me if I thought it would hold her fake nails on better than what was in the fake nails kit.
Told her I didn't think it was a very good idea-probably saved her enough for another pop on her SNAP card for the month though.
(OMGoDUH).
I'm no fan of fakes.
I was going to post about a jDUHdgementalTIC who was btching about someone who was NoneAHerBiz, but I don't want to be a labelDUHMming hypocriTIC type.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disability Fraud 42 min sSi 30
Need Deep freezer 1 hr Info 1
Carolyn Gray 1 hr Ellen 5
lynn camp 3 hr panther 19
close these game rooms down 4 hr jack 2
Rabbitt cox arrest 11 hr jack 6
Jeff & Jamie Mays (Jul '11) Sun i know 21
famous people from Knox County (Jan '12) Sun real slim shady 86
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search