Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 168021 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#111362 Aug 22, 2013
When I was young, dumb, and full of pizz and vinegar, I wiped out on a bike, if anything will calm down a wild buck, it's leaving their own skid marks of skin on the asphalt!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#111363 Aug 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
When I was young, dumb, and full of pizz and vinegar, I wiped out on a bike, if anything will calm down a wild buck, it's leaving their own skid marks of skin on the asphalt!
Well , like Q , you are no longer young or full of pizz and vinegar. Where does that leave y'all?

,,,Bang,,, bang,,, bang
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#111364 Aug 22, 2013
Leaves me with snow on the rooftop, fire in the furnace, experiences $$$ can't buy, and knowledge of some things no school can teach!

So what's your point?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#111365 Aug 22, 2013
Does this ,,,Bang,,,bang,,,bang mean you popped a blood vessel in your brain???
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#111366 Aug 22, 2013
Hey Q Is that an Electra glide? I know a buddy who has a 2007 heritage soft tail for sale..
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#111367 Aug 22, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be able to answer that question , although it was not addressed to me , but was in response to something I posted
Obama was up in Buffalo today.
Gave a speech at University of Buffalo , which I attended with my son.
Had a chance to speak with him .
He assured me he is a Christian.
He did admit to having converted from Jewish to a Black man.
Showed me his birth certificate.
His birth name was Baruch Bamstein , which at his conversion he changed to Barack Obama.
And this is an example folks of why one should just say no to crack!
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111369 Aug 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
? What part of the body doesn't repair itself? I said teeth. You launched into some drivel about budgets. I noted that even though dental care is a health concern, standard medical insurance doesn't address it. NOW what are you going on about? Health insurance rates? Obamacare? Dental insurance? The high cost of your Fixodent or what your shrink charges for mental flossing?
Didn't launch till you did...and since you asked-
All of the above- except the last two.

In this Obammer economy, it's a good thing don't need fixodent around here, just trying to get a tube of toothpaste every now and again is challenge enough. And if I need any mental flossing-I find a good book. Try to anyway, hard to find a good one, with out ears on them these days, for St Petesake.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111370 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and obviously a god would know humans would all have different perspectives of an ancient writing. Thus he would have, or should have known this would cause war and discrimination and other problems.
But for some reason you guys think this god is dumber than the average human and could not figure out a better way to send advice.
Did You know that Benjamin Franklin Used to write like This?
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111371 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I think some are just not allowing some information to be looked at logically. So it is more of a denial issue than a lack of logic issue. Note how Du what keeps avoiding the meat of most issues. He sticks to the surface where the denial is safe. Once you pry deep into the issue, he runs and claims we are persecuting him.
This is Sista's excuse also.
YaA just runs and starts ranting about something else or starts quoting his preacher.
Will You PUHleeze Stop twisting and Distorting and Acting Like you have aNy Clue as to What I might (or might Not ) be thinking?
Thank you.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111372 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You keep in denial of harming anyone else. These are the most dangerous sorts.
I know perfect equality cannot exist, but lets just try for some basic equality for now.
I no longer believe in libuhrulTicism, beyond 500 yards or so of my own personal world.
It's BULLCHIT...so I'm adapting a new extremely selfish and self serving atheist attitude to go along with my belief in MERITocracy...which only allots for CHARITY for anything outside my own little 500 feet or so world- only very on rare occasions (see obammer economy) and Only when and if I feel like it.

But You can be as libuhrul with YOUR anything as you would like to be. Just stay away from mine.
Oliver

Los Angeles, CA

#111374 Aug 22, 2013
Idk
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#111375 Aug 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
My post was directed to curious. Keep your cut and pastes to yourself and let him fight his own battles - as if he were capable.
Foolish one,,,,,,
I have been enjoying The 3 Ring Circus that some demented individuals have brought to Harlan Topix.
To set your minds at ease;
I am who I am and not anyone else .
About this post that you supposedly directed to me.
Where is it? I have not been able to find it.

" As an aside" LOL
Mantle , you are a lovable screwball.
Enjoyed your show .
Had me going for a while,,,, Then I remembered.
I have been a Dodgers fan since way back when.
I clearly remember Jackie Robinson stealing home against Mantle and the vaunted Yankees .
Pay no attention to Yogi,,,Robinson was SAFE.
Long live Koufax and Drysdale.

However , in the scheme of things ,all of that is meaningless.

What is important is that.... Our God lives and Christ is Lord.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111376 Aug 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
? What part of the body doesn't repair itself? I said teeth. You launched into some drivel about budgets. I noted that even though dental care is a health concern, standard medical insurance doesn't address it. NOW what are you going on about? Health insurance rates? Obamacare? Dental insurance? The high cost of your Fixodent or what your shrink charges for mental flossing?
Speaking of "mental flossing" though..I don't recall ever hearing/reading this in the bunches I've read on the subject.
Huh..wow...talk about psychoTic patterns...

Bin Laden's father Mohammed died in 1967 in an airplane crash in Saudi Arabia when his American pilot misjudged a landing.[37] Bin Laden's eldest half-brother, Salem bin Laden, the subsequent head of the bin Laden family, was killed in 1988 near San Antonio, Texas, in the United States, when he accidentally flew a plane into power lines.[38]
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111377 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am aware natural science does not have all the answers. So? But why make up answers when they cannot be found? Why deny the evidence when answers are found? That is what harms society.
Yes, I believe you harm society by being a science denier.
So spare me the "my beliefs are harmless" bullshit.
Geez-- you really do like playing with your own inherent idiot buttons don't you.

Which is fine-but why do you repeatedly lie on and about others while you're doing it?
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111379 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Someone does not know how to turn the other cheek as his god asks. What should I expect from a hypocrite? Or maybe you follow the old mean god and take an eye for an eye?
See.. that seems to be a serious problem for some you athiest types. You want judge others based upon scriptures that you "don't believe" in.

Now let's look at the meaning of the word "hypocrite"

Definition of HYPOCRITE (fro good old Merriam and Webster)

1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

2: a person who acts in CONtradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Huh......
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111380 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Are you judging my "righteousness"? I thought your Jesus said that was not allowed.
Not as if this would be your first hypocrisy.
My Jesus let's me be REAL, As in not PHONY.

And that includes laying it back to hypocrite BULLIES.

Shall we review the define of hypocrite again?
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111381 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I get that respect is needed, but I have little faith that the believers will come to respect the views of other beliefs or non beliefs. You see, the bible tells you that respect for other beliefs is not the way. Just see what Moses did when he brought down the commandments. He had the calf worshipers murdered.
Now if you could only change that holy book, I might could believe you guys will change. But as it was pointed out recently here by a Christian, atheists are looked at with the lest respect of any peoples in polls done around the world.
The wars between religions are still a major problem in our society.
So my theory is, slow the blind faith period and maybe we could slow the wars.
My theory is, if you believe blindly, then how can you tell others to not blindly believe their holy books that command them to kill you?
So is political conquesting.

Just look at Egypt...formerly at least semi- Secular/military, able to maintain diplomacy with Israel, an Arab uprising spring in the name of a "democratic" ??????(the word appears to hold th respect of a pile of bull excretment when applied in that instance however) vote that let's in extremism, NOW leaning towards religious law.

So now the world watches as Egypts suffers through more POLITICAL uprising, adding religious turmoils not seen since the dark ages of the 1300's.

Go figure.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111382 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>God did say, an eye for an eye, or was that Jesus? It was one of those gods.
Atheist asking what?

I am but a simple self reader. My perspective is one of preference for the New Testament, as I have stated many time- I don't believe in barbaricness, vengenece and all that vile dark age nonsense.

I also believe in The Golden Rule...and

Karma.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111383 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>

Kind of like when using the word "ignorant". The word is not used causally like calling someone a moron. The word is descriptive of the knowledge one has. A genius might be ignorant of much knowledge.
Yup, that's exactly what the word means. Good for you!! Gold star even lol.

Did you realize you can look those words up in on line dictionaries?

Just checking.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Brodhead, KY

#111384 Aug 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
"SistaNoneYa wrote:
Tough.
This is 21st century America-not dark age Babylon. I can be an Ahole too."
Just to clarify and improve your educational forays...
Babylon was a civilization that existed from around 1900 BC to about 1600 BC
The Dark Ages were around 480 AD to 1070 AD
Okay thank you, reminder to self: be technically specific but not descriptive when referencing points of time/places in history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City cops! (Nov '15) 2 hr Yes 66
Send your money to the Hurricane victims!!!! 3 hr Paul 2
Is Gov. Bevin coming to Paynes Creek ? 3 hr Senator 15
Lacey Bledsoe and her old man bf 3 hr john g 2
The Eastern Kentucky Chili Bun Trail: Hamburger... 3 hr just me 2
Knox Central Cafeteria Food 6 hr Stranger 61
Knox County Jailer?? 8 hr Agenda Finder 38

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance