Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 135,027

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#111261 Aug 21, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Mr. Know It All we would like to have your explanation as to what happened!
First let's get that "Know It All" out of the way... It's an idiotic statement as I know far less than I do not know... But Since I do not know how much I don't know I can only address that which I know and make opinion on what I think I know... It's a relativity thing and I only seem to you to know it all when in reality I only have to know more than someone to seem to them like I know it all...

Now the Question is to you is Specifically what do you want an explanation about... If you want an explanation of of Adam and Eve then it's simple a myth made up by uneducated people to explain their beginning while they herded goats and stuff... If you want a explanation of human ascension to modern man today it gets a bit more complicated and I would have to know your educational level to word it in understandable terminology....

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#111262 Aug 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Does 'mantle' even realize everyone is scrolling right past his Copy n Paste Essay Post.
Enough already, you should be banned for flooding the forum with all these book-length post.
What I realized a long time ago is that Atheists by their very nature are Fools.
You and the others on topix have amply demonstrated that fact.
Unable to refute what the Scientic Studies confirm you attempt to ignore. The truth can not be hidden , no matter how hard you try to avoid it.
Those voices you hear ,are not imaginaty.
It is your Shrink telling you to return to your rubber room.
aS AN ASIDE; Be careful of any BEARDED roommate who tries to sell you autographed pictures of flowers for $50.00. IT IS THE LATEST ATHEIST SCAM.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#111263 Aug 21, 2013
I've asked this of your once before and you didn't answer. Will you give me an answer this time? Your own organization rejected its founder and first two presidents for the first 63 years of its existence - over 50% of the time they have existed. So why would you think anyone else would put stock in an organization with such piracy among the ranks? Tell me again how Jesus visited your organization in 1919 and hand picked your society as the channel of communication to man?
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#111264 Aug 21, 2013
We musta missed that news conference too when Jesus made his return visit.

Dang nab it !

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#111265 Aug 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Funny you should mention feeble minds, how about you come up with something original. Let me guess, you suffer from osteoporosis of the brain, and therefore must resort to the copy n paste?
Hypocrite!
I see that I have aggravated your cerebral hemmorhoids leading to further complicating your mental constipation.
I suggest you give yourself a noe enema ,insert some preparation H in your ears and blow your nonsensical opinion out your butt... That will cure your physical ailments.
The mental , I can not help you with.
Although I have it on good authority, Quantummist, that many atheists with your same affliction , will soakk their head in gasoline and microwave it for 30 minutes.
This knowledge is based on fossils found at Genetal Electric plant,,, You know,, They bring good things to life.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#111266 Aug 21, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that I have aggravated your cerebral hemmorhoids leading to further complicating your mental constipation.
I suggest you give yourself a noe enema ,insert some preparation H in your ears and blow your nonsensical opinion out your butt... That will cure your physical ailments.
The mental , I can not help you with.
Although I have it on good authority, Quantummist, that many atheists with your same affliction , will soakk their head in gasoline and microwave it for 30 minutes.
This knowledge is based on fossils found at Genetal Electric plant,,, You know,, They bring good things to life.
Wow, that post was a good waste of space, and much-a-do about nothing, pretty much relates to the empty space between your ears. Just admit you can't have an educated opinion about anything on your own....We all know it...We've all witnessed it time and time and time again.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#111267 Aug 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Funny you should mention feeble minds, how about you come up with something original. Let me guess, you suffer from osteoporosis of the brain, and therefore must resort to the copy n paste?
Hypocrite!
Whoosh! right over your head huh...

Let me explain it for you...I was using that phrase to relate to your lack of brain mass, and brain density as the reason of you never posting YOUR original thoughts or ideas and opinions.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#111268 Aug 21, 2013
Here's a thought, go educate yourself on something other than the fundamentals of learning how to copy and paste, then get back with us.

Good Luck on your quest!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#111269 Aug 21, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So he was punished, but what of the pure blood line you claimed before?
If Kind David was simply pardoned but never forgiven, then no pure blood line existed for Jesus.

I must note yet again how silly this "pure blood line" concept is. How do sins contaminate ones blood or genes that are carried down to future generations long down the road?

How is murdering an innocent baby, justice? What sort of barbaric mentality is this? It is one of ancient barbaric men, not of a just god.
The bloodline just ensured that the priesthood would be carried on and would be active and in effect when Jesus was born so righteousness could be fulfilled.
Also it was a promise to Abraham and David that Jesus would come from them because they were favored of God.

Location hidden

#111270 Aug 21, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Being correct does not mean you are necessarily smarter. But I understand why you assume this.
The point is, billions of smart people can be wrong.
Lets test this concept. Do you think the two billion Muslims of the world are correct about Mohammed?
Take the outsiders test.
I'm speaking of belief in God, whatever they call His name, billions believe in a creator today. It is arrogant to think they all must be less intelligent to believe in such a thing as a creator.

Location hidden

#111271 Aug 21, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I did.
Please remind me
pray4me

Morehead, KY

#111272 Aug 22, 2013
pray7
Nephilim

Somerset, KY

#111274 Aug 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you did not read the explanation...I quoted the Watchtower answer because it gives a clear explanation as to what happened.
Revelation 21:3,4 gives the answer to what Jehovah will do to remedy what Satan has done for the past 6,000 years.
With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say:“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
This was copied from the NWT by the Watchtower as well but you can check the scriptures with the KJV.
Have a nice night.
I heard the JWs changed their generation belief to a 120 years now. So the end will be here in 21 years? Kind of hard to believe they changed it so soon again. The JWs are nothing but a doomsday cult that uses the end of the world just like their counter parts that scream you're going to hell. Both use fear to keep their members sending in the money.

Tell us about the Conti case. What was it, 28 million dollars the JWs had to pay out for harboring pedophiles? The JWs are a joke and it takes a real idiot to buy into their lies.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#111275 Aug 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>I have a trivia question for anyone who wants to answer... What is the only body part that cannot heal itself? Don't google the answer, just see if you can guess it...I guessed the second most popular answer, but it was wrong.
OK, before I read anything else I'll take a wild stab. I actually do not know the answer. But let me guess...cartilage?

Location hidden

#111276 Aug 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
At what point in history has Science said it has all the answers? The Sciences seek explanations of the observed via evidence and testing of theory... It gives the Best Answer at the moment based on such but tries constantly to disprove every answer it comes up with... real Science is more about Disproving what has been considered Answered....
That's really the Difference between Religion and Science...
Religion Believes things are as they are and attempts to bolster such belief. Ignore contrary ideas, call into question anyone's qualifications that dare question those beliefs, and claim end of debate on the subject...
Science Does Not Believe things are as they seem and seeks to disprove long held dogma, Seeks contrary idea, care little about the Individual and considers the Content of ideas, Thrives on debate even on subjects that most claim as settled.....
100% agreement on this. Nicely summed up.

Consider the history of science to get an idea of this in action. When Luigi Galvani shocked a dead frog's legs and made them move he announced his hypothesis about "animal electricity". The world of natural philosophy (science) was so enamored of this idea that they raved this was the greatest discovery in science...EVER. Even greater than Newton, to some.

But immediately other naturalists started poking holes in it. There's a famous rivalry between Galvani and Volta. And of course we now know that Galvani's idea is not quite right.

So even a scientist who inspires people to claim he is the greatest thing since sliced bread has his ideas challenged from day one.

Location hidden

#111277 Aug 22, 2013
mantle wrote:
ATHEISM IS A MENTAL ILLNESS
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/se...-menta...
A vast body of research, amassed over recent decades, shows that religious belief is physically and psychologically beneficial – to a remarkable degree.
This is funny.

You realize that guy wrote this opinion piece as a response to studies showing that atheists are smarter than theists, right? As it turns out, theists are not as intelligent but they do seem to be *slightly* happier. Ignorance is bliss.

This guy exaggerates the hell out of the studies he is citing. He seems really bitter at being called dumb.

Sad part is myself and others have said that studies DO in fact show that theists have a slightly longer lifespan, on average. But you gotta dig into the details. If you are a regular church going Fundamentalist you get the advantage. If you are a hardcore skeptical atheist involved in a skeptical community YOU ALSO GET THE ADVANTAGE.

It's the wishy washy people in the middle that are hurting. If you are full of doubt about what you think then you are more likely to be less healthy, more likely to not be in stable relationships, and more likely not to have a wide community of support.

The funny thing is this has nothing to do with what is actually true about belief in god. It's all about psychology.

Location hidden

#111278 Aug 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you did not read the explanation...I quoted the Watchtower answer because it gives a clear explanation as to what happened.
Revelation 21:3,4 gives the answer to what Jehovah will do to remedy what Satan has done for the past 6,000 years.
With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say:“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
This was copied from the NWT by the Watchtower as well but you can check the scriptures with the KJV.
Have a nice night.
Still dodging my question. I don't care what the Bible says, I want to know what you think.

And why is god so impotent he has to let the devil run the world for 6000 years? I thought he was all powerful.

Now, how do YOU feel about raped babies in a world with an all powerful, all loving, and all knowing god?
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#111279 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I remember that now that you mention it.
Lets just hope that voice in his head (thoughts due to propaganda) does not tell him to kill.
You remember that, but you forget Christ's teachings of Love... Go figure!
Propaganda is more from your side...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111280 Aug 22, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
This is funny.
You realize that guy wrote this opinion piece as a response to studies showing that atheists are smarter than theists, right? As it turns out, theists are not as intelligent but they do seem to be *slightly* happier. Ignorance is bliss.
This guy exaggerates the hell out of the studies he is citing. He seems really bitter at being called dumb.
Sad part is myself and others have said that studies DO in fact show that theists have a slightly longer lifespan, on average. But you gotta dig into the details. If you are a regular church going Fundamentalist you get the advantage. If you are a hardcore skeptical atheist involved in a skeptical community YOU ALSO GET THE ADVANTAGE.
It's the wishy washy people in the middle that are hurting. If you are full of doubt about what you think then you are more likely to be less healthy, more likely to not be in stable relationships, and more likely not to have a wide community of support.
The funny thing is this has nothing to do with what is actually true about belief in god. It's all about psychology.
Yup. I addressed the benefits of social support groups when he first started on this nonsense. I see no sane reason to repetitiously refute his repetitious contentions. Now he's only fit to ignore until and after he fulfills the promise of leaving soon.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#111281 Aug 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You know getting all butchy like that is gona make the other girls gort all up on ya and stuff....
Gort?

Oh well.

You know what kind of "classes" I'd like to see in public schools everywhere these days?

REALITY classes-aka real world fiscal accountability ones.

MANDATORY for all Seniors-Not "elective".

One that covers the daily tasks of covering the basic costs of living daily and it's BILLS, as well as the monthly ones, INCLUDING projected perpetually quarterly re-occuring AND the reality of ANNUAL ones due, like tangible Property taxes (ie: rolling and otherwise) as well as income taxes, and any and everything else that goes with all that (holidays, birthdays, medical co pays, things that break down etc etc)as all that kind of stuff does NOT just "majikerly" payz for itself either or growz on some majikeral bush to burn and waste.

You know, sometimes they call refer to such as a B-U-D-G-E-T and the continual process of staying within such such as "living within the means" of a B-U-D-G-E-T.

And they reallllllllllly ought to stress to the ones that seem to think it just okay fer everone elses backs to payz for everthing (ie: the non-contributing , more lifelong freeriding welfare, social program entitleMentaled depenDunce-y types) that NOTHING in this life is "free" except for the air we breathe.
N-O-T-H-I-N-G...and so for those kinds Especially- to expect anyone and everyone else to see the REAL world any other way (Especially those of us who have been Years working, and those who at least TRY these days) to "hand out" them a "lifestyle" (especially beyond their means) is just flat out IGNORANT And Nuts.

Yup, REAL World ECONOMICS 101 (along with Ethics 101) should be MANDATORY in high school.
Heaven forbid, Real TRUTHS and Ethics should be shown and taught- it might decrease the already over burdened WELFARE and entitleMentaled social programs of depenDunce-y , should kids learn about REALITY in high school.

They could call it the "GET A CLUE" module!

That's what I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Attorney Joe Bear Hammons 2 hr agreed 7
Britney Smith and Julius Blalock 3 hr family 4
Silverscreen Tanning - Ringworm 4 hr tanner 14
want to open small music venue in Barbourville 4 hr john 2
Romeo's Italian Resturant 4 hr Professor 25
Meth makeing 5 hr Kimberly HAMMONDS 12
mexican flag flying 5 hr freedom forever 25
sabrina kagin spicer warrenn baker corey 10 hr Man 41
What is going on at Walmart ? 13 hr SecretShopper 3
New romeo's restaurant Wed Bottom line 30