Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
105,841 - 105,860 of 130,498 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
SistaNoneyaBiz

London, KY

#110905 Aug 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there some specific reason you target and hold such hate and malice for, soooo stereotypically and collectively
If the Pitchfork fits the hypocrite hands
When you can grow up, and post with out calling names like a brainless bafoon, let me know. Until then-I will continue to see right through your ignorance.
You don't like the remapping Egypt with satellite technology idea?

If only there more levels of such "ignorance" being discussed-this thread might actually have some merit then.

And you get a ~ZERO~ for originality as well.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110906 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneyaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting topic-beats the he-double hockey sticks out kindergarten sandbox level Mental_ities.
Mapping Egypt with satellite imagery.
http://geology.com/world/egypt-satellite-imag...
So...ummm...technology now blending it's cutting edge technologies with gaining even more insights into ancient civilizations. Whole cities now digitally "unearthed" of their layers of silt and sand, offering archeologists bold and new horizens to explore .
Amazing stuff when used for GOOD purposes. Maybe one of these days they will hone it down enough to show small shards of ancient artifats, covered by thousands of years of environmental changes and impacts, broadening scientific explorations even further beyond just showing signs of whole ancient cities, buried beneath the sands of!!
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." - Vince Lombardi
The very same technology can and does reveal sites and features throughout the world which dismisses the fictitious chronologies of Christendom.

"The Bible is a good book, but it is not the only book." - Henry Drummond

Archaeology does not exist solely in and for Egypt and neighboring parts to the north east - which beats the he-double hockey sticks out kindergarten sandbox level Mental_ities who are obsessed with that small corner of the globe. Amazing.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#110907 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneyaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
(s) plural.
(Biden excluded of course. Personal opinion.)
Schizophrenics, Trinities and MPDs excluded of course. One body, one vote.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#110908 Aug 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The very same technology can and does reveal sites and features throughout the world which dismisses the fictitious chronologies of Christendom.
"The Bible is a good book, but it is not the only book." - Henry Drummond
Archaeology does not exist solely in and for Egypt and neighboring parts to the north east - which beats the he-double hockey sticks out kindergarten sandbox level Mental_ities who are obsessed with that small corner of the globe. Amazing.
True, true, but it's a pretty interesting area to dig around at.

Your preference is a different part of the world?

Just say that then.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#110909 Aug 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Schizophrenics, Trinities and MPDs excluded of course. One body, one vote.
ALL votes are better. Except for about 18 states still lagging behind, excluded of course.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#110910 Aug 19, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think that someone asking a question from a lack of knowledge about the subject is actually exactly the kind of question you ought to be able to answer, if you know what you're talking about. So the first part of your reply to the other poster makes no sense.
And then you go and do a No True Scotsman, which I'm sure we've discussed before (this is "curious", correct?).
It goes like this:
Angus: No Scotsman would wear boxer briefs under his kilt.
Calum: But Fergus wears them.
Angus: Well he's not a *true* Scotsman.
Just insert "Christian" instead of "Scotsman" to see where your logic went off the rails. By your logic virtually any Christian you meet fails to be a Christian since the *only* way you can tell is that they claim to be one.
Answering the foolish questions of the mentally unbalanced accoplishes nothing.
However , feel free to answer his question if the urge hits you.
You and I have not discussed Scotsmen ,Angus or Calum.
The issue of whether I be curious or not has been addressed by Chromiuman and others of questionable intellect.
I feel no need to discuss that issue.
Those who are troubled and concerned with the very trivial and unimportant can devote all the time they want to such an insignificant issue.
Their lives must be very boring,,,,They need some excitement in their lives.
Atheism seems to have that effect on people.
They spend a lot of their time debating the existence of that which they claim does not exist and wondering as to who may or may not be curious.
Who do you think I am? and should you or anyone care?

In an aside;By their fruits you shall know them; Whether they be Christians or not.
Atheists , being spiritually blind , will misconstrue the meaning of that statement and as is customary, arrive at the wrong conclusion.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#110911 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
True, true, but it's a pretty interesting area to dig around at.
Your preference is a different part of the world?
Just say that then.
that then

I'm not fascinated when they find a shard or ruin right where one would expect it to be, fashioned just like it is expected to be and dated to the expected period - but then, I also don't pine for rationalization and justification of confirmation bias. Show me the original blueprints for Khufu's Pyramid, the trade routes of 8,000 BC or details of how monolithic blocks were manipulated and I might raise an eyebrow.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#110912 Aug 19, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Answering the foolish questions of the mentally unbalanced accoplishes nothing.
However , feel free to answer his question if the urge hits you.
You and I have not discussed Scotsmen ,Angus or Calum.
The issue of whether I be curious or not has been addressed by Chromiuman and others of questionable intellect.
I feel no need to discuss that issue.
Those who are troubled and concerned with the very trivial and unimportant can devote all the time they want to such an insignificant issue.
Their lives must be very boring,,,,They need some excitement in their lives.
Atheism seems to have that effect on people.
They spend a lot of their time debating the existence of that which they claim does not exist and wondering as to who may or may not be curious.
Who do you think I am? and should you or anyone care?
In an aside;By their fruits you shall know them; Whether they be Christians or not.
Atheists , being spiritually blind , will misconstrue the meaning of that statement and as is customary, arrive at the wrong conclusion.
You're the one who started the "guess who I am?" game.
Leave me out of it. I don't give a flying f at the moon about curious or any other Babble worshiping lunatic fringe goofball - present company included.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#110913 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL votes are better. Except for about 18 states still lagging behind, excluded of course.
Of course. Excluding >certain< voters is precisely the proposal that's come to be expected from Tea Bagger "patriots."

Location hidden

#110915 Aug 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who started the "guess who I am?" game.
Leave me out of it. I don't give a flying f at the moon about curious or any other Babble worshiping lunatic fringe goofball - present company included.
You need to get your facts straight. As usual, you err.
It was the mentally unsound LOL who started this highly unintelligent discussion.
Who I may or may not be is not a topic worthy of discussion , except to those who lead a very mundane and boring lifestyle.
As an aside; Only one who inhabits the world of lunatic fringe goofballs ,would be able to word it as eloquently as you did.
" I don't give a flying f at the moon about curious "
You sound like Yiago. Must be an Atheist custom.
Chill out , relax..
I will be exiting this website shortly.
Who knows when I may be back......

Location hidden

#110916 Aug 19, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the leader who gives the orders is the one most culpable. People in the military or other areas of service don't have a lot of choice when they are given orders.
But that doesn't get you off the hook. Your arguments have been that these atrocities came about as a result of the actions of atheists. But Christians and other religious people were clearly involved. In fact, religious people clearly made up the vast majority of the killers (I'm not sure what the level of religiosity was in China among the general population, but Germany was nearly 100% Christian).
Let me see; The banner that the Nazis used was not the cross.
I do believe it was The Swastika
Their praise was not toward God Or Christ.
I do believe it was Heil Hitler
The Swastika and Heil Hitler has nothing in common with Christianity.
The last time that Stalin , Mao and Pol Pot were seen entering a church or temple it was with the goal of robbing the Poor Box.

But let us be clear;
It was under Atheist regimes that these heinious crimes took place.

Location hidden

#110917 Aug 19, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Careful your christian is showing. Well you did follow gods law and not get involved with knowledge.

I will ask yet another question you will not answer.

When you committed your sin or sins and asked for forgiveness from your invisible friend did you also ask for forgiveness from the real person you did wrong?
Then don't be such a meathead. If you know I won't anser it,Why waste your time asking?

And I will not answer it because; It is none of your business.
You are a gossiper , a purveyor of false and misleading information,a busy body ,obnoxious and mentally challenged by the unimportant and absurd.... Those are your good points.
Moreover,,, You have not answered the questions I posed...

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#110918 Aug 19, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
He who gives the orders is the one who is responsible for ALL that transpired.
You guys keep looking for excuses in order to deflect responsibility for the heinious acts committed by these butchers.
I imagine Pol Pot and MaoTseDung hired Christian mercenaries to do their dirty work...
You do not follow God's word makes you a hypocrite and a liar.

Most likely you are just following YAA and do what answer to previous questions. You are a follower of men and not a Watchman of your God.

Your statement is a heresy and abomination. See quotes below.

Acts: 5:29 apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Galatians 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#110919 Aug 19, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the atheist has read some of the Bible. I've read the Jewish Bible completely, but not all of the NT. It was hard to read the Torah...I did skip most of the godforsaken "begats".

So you believe that if I live my entire life without knowing anything about Jesus I will die and THEN be taught about Jesus?

What's your evidence for that belief? Or is evidence even important to you?
My evidence begins with Jesus going to teach the gospel to the souls in prison. If they did not have the opportunity to accept it then, then why would He waste His precious time to go teach them? To mock them? I seriously doubt it since He didn't do that while on earth.

Just reading the OT is a good thing, but hardly sufficient if you expect to understand it.
I encourage you to read and study the OT and the NT.

Location hidden

#110920 Aug 19, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not follow God's word makes you a hypocrite and a liar.
Most likely you are just following YAA and do what answer to previous questions. You are a follower of men and not a Watchman of your God.
Your statement is a heresy and abomination. See quotes below.
Acts: 5:29 apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
Galatians 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men.
Do you follow God's word?
Do you believe in God?

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#110921 Aug 19, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you follow God's word?
Do you believe in God?
That fact is you're the one that makes these claim's. Anyone can test your claim and submit evidence to so show conrtridictions you have made. It's up to you to refute it or not, religious or atheist.

Location hidden

#110922 Aug 19, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
That fact is you're the one that makes these claim's. Anyone can test your claim and submit evidence to so show conrtridictions you have made. It's up to you to refute it or not, religious or atheist.
What claims are you alluding to?

Who says that I have to respond to any of the nonsense posted by Atheists or anyone else...
I do believe I have the right to respond to that which I feel like responding at the time of my choosing....
Why didn't you respond to the questions I posed?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#110923 Aug 19, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get your facts straight. As usual, you err.
It was the mentally unsound LOL who started this highly unintelligent discussion.
Who I may or may not be is not a topic worthy of discussion , except to those who lead a very mundane and boring lifestyle.
As an aside; Only one who inhabits the world of lunatic fringe goofballs ,would be able to word it as eloquently as you did.
" I don't give a flying f at the moon about curious "
You sound like Yiago. Must be an Atheist custom.
Chill out , relax..
I will be exiting this website shortly.
Who knows when I may be back......
Aww.. do you object to my emphatic dismissal of your compadre?
LOL and Yiago seem quite reasonable to me, as opposed to a certain Yankee fan who believes invisible flying people and the mystical tales of first century sheep herders are real.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#110924 Aug 19, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I still don't get where you get the "Spirit World". You capitalize it, so that means it is a proper phrase. Where does it come from? If you just mean that you believe in spirits then don't capitalize it. It's confusing.

I thought the only unforgivable sin was denial of the Holy Ghost? I've never heard of murder being unforgivable. Where did you get that one?

Also, why does life have to have a purpose "beyond that which we see on this earth"? There is no logical reason that should be true. Why do you think it must be true? Can't life simply be what it is? Can't we give meaning to our lives as people, rather than depending on an absentee father to give it to us?
The Spirit World is mentioned in the NT as its two parts. Paradise and Prison.

D&C 42:18 is where I read that murder is unforgivable, but this sin can be pardoned, as was the case with David.

Life can be whatever you want yours to be (within boundaries set by the governing body where you lay your head). But it's not that there "has" to be more than what you see, it just simply is. If you choose to spend your life proving there is no God, go for it. It's just going to make it that much harder in the next life that you can't fathom is real.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#110925 Aug 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"Think" what you want!
But it's true!
And Obama proves with every move... He's not a good POTUS!
i understand you are a republican, thus do not agree with Obama's agenda, but when you claim god told you he was evil, you just sound like the typical lunatic.
Religion is tied with politics and that has been my point for awhile. Religion was born from politics.
Thanks for giving evidence to my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Tollesboro Guy 151,157
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 16 min JOB LESS 1,331
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 29 min Parent 3
New club in Barbourville? 2 hr Tyler 45
joann gregory 2 hr grimes 3
hp desktop with 2 hr seth 2
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 hr pusherman_ 81,595
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000