Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166394 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#111033 Aug 20, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholics teaching is very similar to LDS on this topic (Jesus preaching to spirits in prison and sin against the holy spirit.

If murdering the innocent is a unforgivable sin, would that not be a little hard to swallow, as this example would show? German Mormons killed Jews during ww2 and the Jews were innocent (that would include men women and children). Even though because of Hitlers orders would be to convenient to dismiss the crime.

Another thing is you cannot deny something that has not proven it self to exist as a God. Now if you're preaching a heresy till that time that Jesus did appear causing many people to be misled that would be troubling I would think.

So if you are preaching a heresy and atheist just do not acknowledge a God exists because you failed the biblical test of having faith the size of a mustard seed to prove it, then I would say you and others may have something to worry about.
What?

Location hidden

#111034 Aug 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So what is this "certain age"? Does this mean kids can murder?
"Innocent" is so subjective. Likely the excuse for all the murders committed by believers. Judge not.
I'll give you an example: a five year old that sees dad use his pistol to shoot at targets, likes to pretend he is like dad. He shoots his toy gun at everyone and everything that moves. He climbs up one day and reaches dad's gun and accidentally kills his brother. Is the kid guilty, or the dad?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111035 Aug 20, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
So I extended the offer-you don't like the current subject, then your choice of discussion, for you to add to the dialogue.
And right back to harping about some god that some of you claim to have no belief in you went.
Ummmmmmmmmm....lets' recap, some God, that some of you claim to have no belief in......and what is the point then?
(how old are you???)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Ms. Bonzo, I was stating that I don't LOVE LOVE LOVE Egyptology and Middle East Studies.
Show me a sunken ironclad where one shouldn't be, or monoliths on Iceland that connect with the Canary Islands or the crib notes and cast offs from the Council of Nicea or any of a hundred other things that aren't focused severely in an 400 mile oblong around Luxor, Cairo and Jerusalem. You had to assume that I'd be amazed and offended that a WOMAN(!!) might discover blocks could be moved by swelling timbers.????
Ms. Bonzo, I was stating in response that the Abrahamic religions have fostered a patriarchal mindset in western society.(whoosh) Have you ever considered that atheists are FAR less likely to be chauvinistic and misogynistic than religies?
Ummmm let's recap. You've earned every "clueless" judgit that you've been awarded.(And don't look at me, I don't normally bother with the silly things.)
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111036 Aug 20, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
"YaA is not intentionally HURTING other people with his beliefs."
It is disturbing that he is WILLING to.
Perhaps Sis missed the post where Yaa said he would kill members of his family if the voice in his head told him to.
Fortunately for them, Yaa is "pretty sure" Yahweh wouldn't tell him to.
I'm just glad I'm not related to him.
His family should have him committed for his own good and their safety.
For someone reason, I'm thinking you exaggerate.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111037 Aug 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you an example: a five year old that sees dad use his pistol to shoot at targets, likes to pretend he is like dad. He shoots his toy gun at everyone and everything that moves. He climbs up one day and reaches dad's gun and accidentally kills his brother. Is the kid guilty, or the dad?
That has happened often enough that Florida statutes hold the parent criminally responsible. Of course, it depends on who and what the parent is.
Several years ago a security guard's son in south Florida loaded his father's weapon and accidentally shot and killed his brother. The father might still be in prison.
The next year, a central Florida teen accidentally shot and killed his friend while playing with one of his father's weapons. Witnesses claim handguns were routinely left loaded and unsecured around the house. The teen picked up the loaded handgun from their coffee table. No charges filed. The father is/was a firearm safety instructor in a police department.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111038 Aug 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea baggers are "actually good kinds" exempt from "dark age ignorance"? As Q says, "So you say but cannot demonstrate."
Too bad for you huh?

I found some piktures if some of yewz lineage--

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

Which one is yew, Chromolio? Now you got that margereene all over you palm-sluurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp lol.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111039 Aug 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Bonzo, I was stating that I don't LOVE LOVE LOVE Egyptology and Middle East Studies.
Show me a sunken ironclad where one shouldn't be, or monoliths on Iceland that connect with the Canary Islands or the crib notes and cast offs from the Council of Nicea or any of a hundred other things that aren't focused severely in an 400 mile oblong around Luxor, Cairo and Jerusalem. You had to assume that I'd be amazed and offended that a WOMAN(!!) might discover blocks could be moved by swelling timbers.????
Ms. Bonzo, I was stating in response that the Abrahamic religions have fostered a patriarchal mindset in western society.(whoosh) Have you ever considered that atheists are FAR less likely to be chauvinistic and misogynistic than religies?
Ummmm let's recap. You've earned every "clueless" judgit that you've been awarded.(And don't look at me, I don't normally bother with the silly things.)
Nope-anything with a tail and legs to chase it with-qualifies to be SEXIST.

It just goes with the chemical composition. Poor things.

(and Turkey is STILL archeology in and of the region! Some pretty cool stuff there too as well though!)
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#111040 Aug 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That has happened often enough that Florida statutes hold the parent criminally responsible. Of course, it depends on who and what the parent is.
Several years ago a security guard's son in south Florida loaded his father's weapon and accidentally shot and killed his brother. The father might still be in prison.
The next year, a central Florida teen accidentally shot and killed his friend while playing with one of his father's weapons. Witnesses claim handguns were routinely left loaded and unsecured around the house. The teen picked up the loaded handgun from their coffee table. No charges filed. The father is/was a firearm safety instructor in a police department.
Stupid knows no boundries.

Maybe we need more holding cells for it again in this country.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111041 Aug 20, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't point that out.
I thought they were just fine where they were at on the SCIENCE channel...given the proximety of the fields of what they encompassing, which was really NOT "history" per say.
HA.
lol
I noticed that you hadn't overtly ("SCIENCE discussing anitiquity. Gotta love it.:-)" - SNYB) pointed out that programs addressing antiquity should have been on the History Channel (which is owned by the same corporation, after all), so I did.

I think the Bible has valid historical content, but that it is pervaded with unhealthy doses of embellishment, bias and deception.
Might there have been some basis for the stories of Exodus and Sodom and Gomorrah? Sure. Books which were not included in the Bible? Absolutely. Antiquity, historical, grounds for archaeological investigation? With no doubt.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111042 Aug 20, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope-anything with a tail and legs to chase it with-qualifies to be SEXIST.
It just goes with the chemical composition. Poor things.
(and Turkey is STILL archeology in and of the region! Some pretty cool stuff there too as well though!)
Aww.. how cute. A female chauvinist piglette.
Sounds like you're a little bitter that one or more of those tail chasers sniffed around other curs' butts and not yours. Poor Lassie - I'm sorry you were spurned, but don't blame all males for your resentments and repressed hormones.

Gobekli Tepe is interesting. It rewrites what we've presumed about hunter-gathering and agriculture, as well as the widely held timetables of civilization.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#111043 Aug 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww.. how cute. A female chauvinist piglette.
Sounds like you're a little bitter that one or more of those tail chasers sniffed around other curs' butts and not yours. Poor Lassie - I'm sorry you were spurned, but don't blame all males for your resentments and repressed hormones.
Gobekli Tepe is interesting. It rewrites what we've presumed about hunter-gathering and agriculture, as well as the widely held timetables of civilization.
I also find a problem with the narrative for Gobekli Tepe as I have looked close at the structures so far uncovered and don't think the large megalithic carved stones and the surrounding stacked stone walls are of the same time frame or by the same builders... To take the time, effort and resources to quarry, move, carve and set the large stones does not fit with then just randomly picking up field stones and stacking them into walls with no carving, finishing or fitting cuts.. I think the megalithic stones were there long, long before they were found and given reverence by a later culture that reused the site and build the retaining walls....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111044 Aug 20, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I also find a problem with the narrative for Gobekli Tepe as I have looked close at the structures so far uncovered and don't think the large megalithic carved stones and the surrounding stacked stone walls are of the same time frame or by the same builders... To take the time, effort and resources to quarry, move, carve and set the large stones does not fit with then just randomly picking up field stones and stacking them into walls with no carving, finishing or fitting cuts.. I think the megalithic stones were there long, long before they were found and given reverence by a later culture that reused the site and build the retaining walls....
That could very well be. Smaller temples were successively constructed over the tops of older ones which resulted in the mound structures. Copycat cultures could have written their own mythos around the megaliths or the original civilization decayed (due to climactic, environmental or cultural changes, as seen in other regions and examples?) and lost the capacity to build on previous scales.
As with Puma Punku, later inhabitants might have paid homage to previous builders' architecture, but lacked the ability to replicate the construction techniques.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#111045 Aug 20, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...those are definitely not science shows.
Tonight on Science Mysteries: Bigfoot in my Back Yard! Followed by Real Science Drama: A Ghost is Haunting my Volvo!
Oh my goodness,,,,Lay off the cheap wine "Cold Duck"
I hear they still sell that slop to the mentally unfullfilled on Chippewa street here in Buffalo.
3 160z bottles for $1.25

That is not Bigfoot in your backyard. It's your good buddy, Quantummist.

And the Ghost haunting your Volvo is witchinthewoods riding around in a vacuum cleaner..

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#111046 Aug 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That could very well be. Smaller temples were successively constructed over the tops of older ones which resulted in the mound structures. Copycat cultures could have written their own mythos around the megaliths or the original civilization decayed (due to climactic, environmental or cultural changes, as seen in other regions and examples?) and lost the capacity to build on previous scales.
As with Puma Punku, later inhabitants might have paid homage to previous builders' architecture, but lacked the ability to replicate the construction techniques.
Absolutely, and if you were using tools and organics to date a site your dating would point to the last that inhabited the site as they would have reused any artifacts found in their own processes.. The same as you say can be found at sites through out South America where megalithic engineered sites have poorer quality works that are dated to Mayan cultures and the much higher quality structures are by default credited to the same time frames... That along with Global positioning of megalithic sites and engineering styles on differing continents leads me to the view that there was a thriving globally dispersed and connected civilization that existed during the height of the last ice age... And the cataclysm that ended the last glacial period wipe much of the human population, gave rise to the global flood myths, explains the genetic bottle neck and led to survivors reverting to hunter gathers in most of the world...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#111047 Aug 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So asking if you asked for forgiveness from the person you transgressed is being getting to personal? How so? No one asked for names or even what the transgression was. It is a very basic question. Evidently one Christians are not comfortable with for some very strange reason.
You have offended God.
Have you asked for forgiveness?

And if not , why not ?
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#111048 Aug 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"all performed by men of God"?
You must be reading something different!
See if you can get this... "It's NOT about the body...
It's about the Soul"!
Okay Example, Both Lot's daughter's had sex with him and bore children.(Incest)
Example, Cain killed his brother (murder)
Example, Peter denied knowing Jesus (lie)
Are these not written in the book you are reading?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#111049 Aug 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
between the kid and the dad, the dad is guilty. but also the NRA, the GOP, the American gun culture, the gun profiteers, the talk show rightwingers, and TV violence collaborators.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#111050 Aug 20, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, how old are you? I guessed twelve, but I'm going for ten after reading that post, because it sounds just like a petulant little kid, with no clue as to the real world, as in IGNORANT.
you are the one who seems to be the petulant little kid. even your name is silly. you just insult someone and write silly things. there are grownup intelligent people on here, and you seem like the interfering troll. even the religious fanatics on here just toss in insults in the midst of assertions that can be discussed at least. usually they do not make their entire comment merely a set of dumb insults. why don't you find a thread where people just insult each other, and want it that way?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#111051 Aug 20, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
You have offended God.
Have you asked for forgiveness?
And if not , why not ?
That is ridiculous. You are asserting the existence of a God, and that is certainly not an established fact. But real persons who are alive can be hurt, and they are the ones who should get reparations, and a promise never to violate their rights again, before they can be expected to forgive and forget.

Location hidden

#111052 Aug 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So the unforgivable sin is forgivable? And you wish us to believe the constantly contradictory dogma is of a real god?
I will take the challenge if it being hard to get to this land you claim exists.
Pardoned and forgiven are two different things.

What land?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All will bow!!! 3 min Sjfj 13
beth smallwood 1 hr good staff 1
Jason miller 2 hr I know 10
Chris N Daisy Hubbard 4 hr brad 8
ina woolum (Dec '08) 5 hr Tired 29
Rodney Bullock 8 hr ben 3
Daniel Boone Owned Slaves, shut down the DBF! 9 hr wiseman 16
Bad wreck on 25e in front of creek market!! Sat Well 7

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web