Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149993 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#110967 Aug 19, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Answering the foolish questions of the mentally unbalanced accoplishes nothing.
However , feel free to answer his question if the urge hits you.
You and I have not discussed Scotsmen ,Angus or Calum.
The issue of whether I be curious or not has been addressed by Chromiuman and others of questionable intellect.
I feel no need to discuss that issue.
Those who are troubled and concerned with the very trivial and unimportant can devote all the time they want to such an insignificant issue.
Their lives must be very boring,,,,They need some excitement in their lives.
Atheism seems to have that effect on people.
They spend a lot of their time debating the existence of that which they claim does not exist and wondering as to who may or may not be curious.
Who do you think I am? and should you or anyone care?
In an aside;By their fruits you shall know them; Whether they be Christians or not.
Atheists , being spiritually blind , will misconstrue the meaning of that statement and as is customary, arrive at the wrong conclusion.
curious, I don't care what name you post under. It really doesn't matter. I was just ribbing you.

Do you believe President Obama is a Christian?
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#110968 Aug 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So asking if you asked for forgiveness from the person you transgressed is being getting to personal? How so? No one asked for names or even what the transgression was. It is a very basic question. Evidently one Christians are not comfortable with for some very strange reason.
Who's business would such be? Certainly NOT any such nosey, busybody, gossip mongering third party.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#110969 Aug 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you are an unregistered republican. I don't care what you label yourself as, what you present here is the attitude of a Christian Right winger.
I am a non-partisan voter-I reserve the right to vote for the people I think will best handle what ever it is I am voting for.

I don't believe in shallow, lemming herd pack voting with blinders on, based upon nothing but a same shallow label.

I find that type of thing to be quite ignorant.

Location hidden

#110970 Aug 19, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see; The banner that the Nazis used was not the cross.
I do believe it was The Swastika
Their praise was not toward God Or Christ.
I do believe it was Heil Hitler
The Swastika and Heil Hitler has nothing in common with Christianity.
The last time that Stalin , Mao and Pol Pot were seen entering a church or temple it was with the goal of robbing the Poor Box.
But let us be clear;
It was under Atheist regimes that these heinious crimes took place.
The US flag is not a cross. We don't sing gospel songs when say the Pledge, if we choose to say it.

Yes, some dictators were atheist.

So what? Some where Christian, as in Hitler. So what?

People kill people. Religion tends to give them justifications for doing it. Sometimes they don't need religion to feel justified.

Religion certainly does not prevent murder or else we would not have murder in this country where 85% of the population are friggin' Christians.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#110971 Aug 19, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...those are definitely not science shows.
Tonight on Science Mysteries: Bigfoot in my Back Yard! Followed by Real Science Drama: A Ghost is Haunting my Volvo!
Uhhhhhhhhhhh..no.

YOu stand back up from dropping down to stupid level now.

Location hidden

#110972 Aug 19, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
My evidence begins with Jesus going to teach the gospel to the souls in prison. If they did not have the opportunity to accept it then, then why would He waste His precious time to go teach them? To mock them? I seriously doubt it since He didn't do that while on earth.
Just reading the OT is a good thing, but hardly sufficient if you expect to understand it.
I encourage you to read and study the OT and the NT.
Dude...I just told you I have read the OT. And I've read books *about* the OT. and I've listened to lecture series about the OT.

I could be a god-damned Bible scholar but as long as I'm atheist you will claim I don't understand the Bible. That's the problem with religion: it screws up your mind.

So is murder forgivable or not? You sent a mixed message on that one.

Also, the Doctrines and Covenants are not exactly widely accepted sources of Christian teaching. Unless you happen to be LDS. Its kinda like inventing your own language then using it in Scrabble.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#110973 Aug 19, 2013
Quoted from some dude on American Pickers

Yankees are like hemorrhoids.. If they come down and go back they're alright, but if they come down and stay down, they're a pain in the ASh!

Ha
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#110974 Aug 19, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Quoted from some dude on American Pickers
Yankees are like hemorrhoids.. If they come down and go back they're alright, but if they come down and stay down, they're a pain in the ASh!
Ha
is Yankee, hard work ethic, Catholic Church and State separate raised- and damn proud of it.

Deal with THAT.
Blake

Glasgow, KY

#110975 Aug 19, 2013
.. Coming from a 19 year old, all of you need to grow up and either discuss this as adults are not at all. I'm so sick of seeing 'adults' in this town argue like children over this and that. I don't care what you believe in, if it makes you comfortable, whatever, that's your right in this Country. But keep your business to yourself if all you're going to do is argue, is it really that hard?
WhyGodmadesomeFr iends

Manchester, KY

#110976 Aug 19, 2013
Blake wrote:
.. Coming from a 19 year old, all of you need to grow up and either discuss this as adults are not at all. I'm so sick of seeing 'adults' in this town argue like children over this and that. I don't care what you believe in, if it makes you comfortable, whatever, that's your right in this Country. But keep your business to yourself if all you're going to do is argue, is it really that hard?
Brilliant and Bravo!!!!!!!!!!

(and that's exactly what some of the rest of us having been TRYING to impart!)

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#110977 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've tried a few (most recently egyptology and sat image remapping of) but the thread is then always lowered to some snarky ghetto gutter sewer level.
How about...some actual caring about others...like some stronger public advocasy on modern day disease prevention and care of, to go with all the ghetto gutter level filth mentality??
Love isn't ugly-but rampant lust sure is.
All depends upon what you are lusting upon. Is a rampant lust for knowledge, ugly? How about lusting for your spouse?
Here is an idea, stop making absolute statements that are so easily shown as nonsense.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#110978 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
is Yankee, hard work ethic, Catholic Church and State separate raised- and damn proud of it.
Deal with THAT.
Did not make that statement directed towards anyone...Just thought is was funny and would pass it along.

But since you brought it up......If the shoe fits!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110979 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you didn't grasp the concept, as it WAS actual Science, NOT smut.
You posted jibberish. Maybe you were trying to tell us about some science, but it did not come out that way.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110980 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference between the extremism of jihad, and harmless faith. I'm not quite sure why you want to try and twist and distort that.
One is harmless, the other is not.
Pretty simple stuff there Duquette, for those who can face the truth anyway.
There is extremism that kills and there is extremism that withholds equality.
I wonder if the 9/11 hijackers also thought their actions were harmless. Note how YaA thinks the innocent dead go straight to heaven, it stands to reason the terrorists think as he does.

Pretty simple stuff, but I note you ignore these points every time I make them.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110981 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference between the extremism of jihad, and harmless faith. I'm not quite sure why you want to try and twist and distort that.
One is harmless, the other is not.
Pretty simple stuff there Duquette, for those who can face the truth anyway.
The main point is, all you have are claims of an afterlife. No different than nutty terrorists claims.
Not that I belief your faith is harmless(as I have demonstrated countless times) but even if it were harmless, it is no more logical than any other mythological faith based religions.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#110982 Aug 19, 2013
Any emotion or belief, when pushed to the extreme, has the potential of becoming dangerous or beneficial. Whether they act upon those impulses in a positive or negative way is determined by their mind set.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#110983 Aug 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Remember...
God told me that "Obama was NOTHING to be proud of!"
Case closed!
God is real!
That's sure a solid relationship you have going on with your God.

So tell me.... Why haven't you asked him for the lotto numbers? Better yet, if you have asked..why hasn't he told you that bit of info?
Why hasn't he supplied you with the cure for cancer?
Raptor Jesus

Melbourne, Australia

#110984 Aug 19, 2013
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
LMAO. The bible is the strongest argument anyone has ever presented for atheism. My primary school age children were able to see through the BS in their Christian school. The only hope you have is if parents are reinforcing the brainwashing and fear at home.

The bible is a powerful tool for evil. It justifies murder, rape, abduction, genocide, all in the name of its evil god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110985 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
On?
I just gave you one.
Be careful what you promote Duquette.
On? On what? You have me what? You cited an event, not an idea. Do you know the difference?
What am I promoting?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110986 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and the point was..it seems the land of Egypt might've been more "watered out", once upon a time....
Interesting stuff.
Well trying actually voicing that point next time.
"Watered out"? Is that a scientific term?
So what if the land is now under water?
Did you have a point to that possibility or are we to try and read your mind?
I could make some guesses, but I am not up for games. Just make a full point if you wish for some discussion on it. Otherwise you are just babbling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge hall supports Kilgore 25e sign 3 min Yep 33
The day I went to sign my dog "Julie" up for S.... 3 hr Jipsy 3
Board of Education theft 3 hr Cash 4
Any Knox Co Citizens Having Trouble With The Ju... 3 hr Wow 3
Obama Antichrist: Gods Final Call (666) (Nov '12) 3 hr Trump Kremlin 55
New Road Being Put in Behind Tremco? 4 hr UghWhoIsItThen 9
DemocRATS or ISIS which is a greater threat to ... 6 hr Whatacrock 68

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance