Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
105,681 - 105,700 of 130,172 Comments Last updated 27 min ago

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Confession is good for the soul. Science has no explanation for the Creation of the Universe and human existence.
Call it science or Philosophy , the fact is : They do not have an answer to either....
The Bible gives us an answer and provides a sensible secuence of events that took place for those miraculous occurences.
Atheists used to believe the Universe was Eternal.. Not so.
Were we created from the dust on the ground?,,,,Yes we were.
Did Christ exist? Yes
Was he the son of God? Yes
Did he die on the cross? yes
Did he rise from the dead? YES
Is he Our lord and Saviour? Yes
Are there foolish minds who refuse to believe? Yes
That whole thing is in a word, Stupid....
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Choice. OK. So here are a couple of scenarios for you to consider. I'm interested in your thoughts on these. But support your answers with Christian doctrine or explicit Biblical teachings.
1) I was born and raised in the Amazon, a member of a small tribe that has never even heard of Jesus. I live and I die near my home. Do I got to hell? What becomes of my soul?
More importantly, since accepting Jesus is the most important thing a human being can possibly do, why didn't god get that message to me?
2) I have an unusual brain. Maybe somewhere on the autism spectrum, or some other problem. Maybe I have psychopathy. The result is I don't feel emotions like other people. When people get saved they feel strong emotions but because of he way my brain is wired I lack the ability to feel those emotions. I go to church with my family and when called to the altar I go through the ritual and say the words "Jesus saved me". But I feel nothing. Nothing at all, just like every other day of my life. I'm only saying the words because that's what everyone else is saying.
Because of my problem it is impossible for me to truly feel the emotional impact of being saved.
Am I going to hell? Why didn't god give me the ability to feel the necessary emotions to truly be saved, per Christian doctrine? Why don't I feel anything in my heart?
Maybe because you've been under the influence of too many hatefilled, empty souless type atheists?

Being around those kinds too much really can ruin once good people.
SistaNoneYaBizth eheathen

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Did I mention,
There is no god.
Too bad for you...it shows in your hater level sucky posts.

On the brighter side however-
There's a whole bunch of other people that would disagree with you on that one.

Too bad for you again.

"Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright with me...." (The Doobie Brothers) and souless, hatefilled atheist type can just stay in hell.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Confession is good for the soul. Science has no explanation for the Creation of the Universe and human existence.
Call it science or Philosophy , the fact is : They do not have an answer to either....
The Bible gives us an answer and provides a sensible secuence of events that took place for those miraculous occurences.
Atheists used to believe the Universe was Eternal.. Not so.
Were we created from the dust on the ground?,,,,Yes we were.
Did Christ exist? Yes
Was he the son of God? Yes
Did he die on the cross? yes
Did he rise from the dead? YES
Is he Our lord and Saviour? Yes
Are there foolish minds who refuse to believe? Yes
Ask those same questions to the Jewish Nation and see how many "yes" you get.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

And god in a jesus suit said "turn the other cheek", the sozi(being a religie herself) instead of heeding the written word, returns to wallow in the mire.(holyhatebible)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
One would expect that response from the spiritually blind and a foolish mind.
You did not disappoint.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, bi-curious with it's mantle on, is just that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, bi-curious with it's mantle on, is just that.
I searched various dictionaries to find a word to describe the intellectual content of your postings and I found NONE.
And that Kind of sums it up .

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
I searched various dictionaries to find a word to describe the intellectual content of your postings and I found NONE.
And that Kind of sums it up .
Coming from you that means nothing. Did you know bi-curious, that mantle was atheist?
LOL in a suit

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
And god in a jesus suit said "turn the other cheek", the sozi(being a religie herself) instead of heeding the written word, returns to wallow in the mire.(holyhatebible)
See above post for my perfectly perfect dahling example of !

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawkins failure to remember title of Darwin’s book proves he’s no atheist, according to his own logic
By Deacon Nick Donnelly, on February 14th, 2012
Tell me "bi-curious mantle" why would a religie like yourself always post about atheism and have an ateists name as your moniker? Closet atheist?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the reply.

1. The Bible makes no mention of the "Spirit World". What's more, the overwhelming majority of Christians believe in hell. Each faith system has its own internal ways of dealing with the question of what happens to the souls of the unsaved. But what Biblical support do they have?

For example, the Bible is not at all clear about what happens to babies when they die. Oh, you can point to some stories, like King David, to support a *belief* that all babies go to heaven but the Bible offers no clear answer to this. Yet it does clearly state that without Jesus you cannot get to heaven.

2) Well I was saved in a Baptist church. It was emotional. YouTube videos of people having religious experiences clearly show how emotional these events are. I don't buy the holy spirit idea because that is magic and magic not real.
1. Here you go again telling me what the Bible says. You are wrong. Understand that when Jesus talks about Paradise or Prison, He is speaking of the Spirit World. For example, He told the thief on the cross that he would be in Paradise with Him. It isn't possible for him to go to heaven because Jesus also said that without baptism, one cannot enter heaven. Paradise is where those that have repented go until judgment day. Also He went to teach the souls in Prison after His death. Why, unless they have the opportunity to accept Him?
These are just two examples that speak of the Spirit World, which is plenty to show you that you do not know the Bible well enough to tell believers what it does or does not say. I enjoy this though, so please keep trying.

The Bible does speak of an age of accountability. Before a certain age, the sins of a child rest with the parents. This means they have no sin in them and will not need a judgment. So this is Biblical as well.

Hopefully this adequately explains what you asked. If not, I'll go deeper with you on this subject.

2. Sorry you don't "buy" the Holy Spirit. Maybe one day you will recognize the source of good in your own thoughts.

Again, if a person does not have the ability to exercise free will die to mental illness, then they cannot sin.

I have openly spoken on faith here. You have commented so I know you read it.
The key to belief in God is understanding that life has a purpose beyond that which we see on this earth. Understanding that there is a being that created us and gave us the opportunity to learn and grow to prepare us for something magnificent, puts daily struggles and even negative encounters with others, in perspective.

Murder of innocent blood and denial of the Holy Ghost we are told are the unforgivable sins. It isn't for us to judge sins, but we are told that these acts will not be forgiven in this life, nor the life to come.(Which by the way, this wording suggests that other sins can be forgiven in the next life to come, which is the Spirit World, where we go before judgment day).

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

_atheists_

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! that's Classic!
laughing

May I quote Jeff Foxworthy: Hey Sista "Here's Ya Sign"
Ha. That's not Foxworthy. That was Bill Engvall

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Look the self proclaimed sista nazi is imitating me how flattering.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawkins failure to remember title of Darwin’s book proves he’s no atheist, according to his own logic
By Deacon Nick Donnelly, on February 14th, 2012
Richard Dawkins is accused on being an embarrassment to atheism tonight for failing to remember the full title of Darwin’s ‘The Origin of Species’ when challenged by a priest on BBC Radio 4. Here’s the transcript:
The author of the God Delusion could not recall the full title of Charles Darwin’s ‘The Origin Of Species’ during a discussion with Giles Fraser, Former Canon Chancellor of St Paul’s Cathedral, over a poll conducted for the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science (UK) which found that self-identified Christians didn’t go to Church, or read the bible.
Dawkins said an “astonishing number couldn’t identify the first book in the New Testament.” But his claim that this indicated self-identified Christians were “not really Christian at all” was challenged by Fraser, who said the poll asked “silly little questions” to “trip” people up.
Giles Fraser: Richard, if I said to you what is the full title of ‘The Origin Of Species’, I’m sure you could tell me that.
Richard Dawkins: Yes I could
Giles Fraser: Go on then.
Richard Dawkins: On The Origin Of Species.. Uh. With, Oh God. On The Origin Of Species. There is a sub title with respect to the preservation of favoured races in the struggle for life.
Giles Fraser: You’re the high pope of Darwinism… If you asked people who believed in evolution that question and you came back and said 2% got it right, it would be terribly easy for me to go ‘they don’t believe it after all.’ It’s just not fair to ask people these questions. They self-identify as Christians and I think you should respect that.
The exchange prompted Dawkins’ name to trend on twitter, with even self-professed atheists criticising the professor.
Protect the Pope comment: Dawkins proves the truth of the proverb from The Book of Proverbs 16:18:‘Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.’
« Christianity is woven into the fabric of our country, helping build a better society – Queen Elizabeth
Dawkins, you might want to write the title down on a sticky note so you remember:
On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life.
Note the( OH God ) remark
Seems as an attempt asking God to help him temember the Title
Atheists will continue their denial.
Facts are facts . Try as they might, that little voice serves as a reminder.... God is real and can not be denied out of existence
Dionne Warwick,,,There is something always there to remind you
Gimme a break. This post is so full of sh*t I can smell it from here.

WHO CARES of Richard Dawkins forgot the full name of Charles Darwin's book? I don't know it either off the top of my head. We don't worship Charles friggin' Darwin and the Origin of Species is not a holy book.

This is laughable. I seriously doubt that atheists - as some kind of massive community - were "criticizing" Dawkins for forgetting the full title of a god-damned book.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because you've been under the influence of too many hatefilled, empty souless type atheists?
Being around those kinds too much really can ruin once good people.
Um...did you read the post you replied to? Because your reply sounds like you didn't. You seem to be replying to something you *thought* said, rather than what I actually said.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha. That's not Foxworthy. That was Bill Engvall
I take it you didn't see my post directly under where I corrected myself?

Ha!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Coming from you that means nothing. Did you know bi-curious, that mantle was atheist?
Mickey Mantle's Greatest Victory
Forty-five years ago, my then 11-year-old brother Don named me, his new baby brother, after his favorite baseball player, Mickey Mantle. So, naturally, I was intrigued when I heard about the new HBO documentary Mantle, which premiered last month.(For a schedule of future air dates and times, click here.)

The film doesn't ... attempt to sugar-coat Mantle's story at all. The seamier side of his life and character is laid out for all to see: the drinking and carousing, the boorish behavior and foul mouth, the neglect of his wife and sons, even a disdain for his fans at times, including those who were named after him. Mantle also examines his fear of dying young (Mantle was often quoted as saying, "If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself") and the pain he endured just to play the game he loved.

In the end, though, the film does show that Mantle, who died 10 years ago this week, eventually was redeemed as alcoholism and cancer ravaged his body. However, even though Mantle is billed as "The Definitive Story of Mickey Mantle," the film leaves out some of the details as to how he was finally able to overcome his old self and put on his new self (Ephesians 4:22-24).

Here's an account of his last days as chronicled in "Mickey Mantle: His Final Inning," by Ed Cheek, published by the American Tract Society:

In June of '95, doctors discovered that cancer had destroyed Mantle's liver. He was fortunate to receive a transplant, and for a while it seemed as if the greatest switch hitter of all time would live to fight another day. Then doctors found that cancer remained in his body, and he began chemotherapy. Mickey knew he was facing death. During the All-Star break in Dallas, he picked up the phone and called his old friend and teammate, former Yankee second baseman Bobby Richardson—a committed Christian. Mickey asked him to pray for him over the telephone. A few weeks later when doctors had discovered that the cancer had aggressively spread, Mickey's family asked Bobby if he would come visit him. His death was imminent. To honor Mickey's long-standing request—one he had made at the funeral of Roger Maris nine years earlier—Bobby was asked to speak at the funeral.

After entering the hospital room, Richardson went over to Mantle's bed and took his hand. Locking his eyes on him, Bobby said, "Mickey, I love you, and I want you to spend eternity in heaven with me." Mantle smiled and said, "Bobby, I've been wanting to tell you that I have trusted Jesus Christ as my Savior." Faced with the crushing weight of his sin against a holy God and its dire consequence—eternal separation from God—Mickey had asked for and received the forgiveness he so desperately needed. For Richardson, news of his conversion felt like cool rain after a summer drought, and brought tears to his eyes. For years, he had talked to Mickey about the Lord Jesus, but to no avail. Now, in the final inning of his life, the Mick had won his greatest victory—more glorious than any of his tape-measure home runs.

When asked later how he knew he would spend eternity with God in heaven, Mickey, after some reflection, quoted John 3:16 from the Bible: "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

At Mickey's funeral, Bobby Richardson told 2,000 mourners and a national TV audience that there are only two groups of people: those who say "yes" to Christ and those who say "no." He added that, since none of us knows when he will face his own final inning, saying "maybe" is really saying "no." The Bible confirms this when it says, "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him" (John 3:36).

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Mickey Mantle's Greatest Victory
Forty-five years ago, my then 11-year-old brother Don named me, his new baby brother, after his favorite baseball player, Mickey Mantle. So, naturally, I was intrigued when I heard about the new HBO documentary Mantle, which premiered last month.(For a schedule of future air dates and times, click here.)
The film doesn't ... attempt to sugar-coat Mantle's story at all. The seamier side of his life and character is laid out for all to see: the drinking and carousing, the boorish behavior and foul mouth, the neglect of his wife and sons, even a disdain for his fans at times, including those who were named after him. Mantle also examines his fear of dying young (Mantle was often quoted as saying, "If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself") and the pain he endured just to play the game he loved.
In the end, though, the film does show that Mantle, who died 10 years ago this week, eventually was redeemed as alcoholism and cancer ravaged his body. However, even though Mantle is billed as "The Definitive Story of Mickey Mantle," the film leaves out some of the details as to how he was finally able to overcome his old self and put on his new self (Ephesians 4:22-24).
Here's an account of his last days as chronicled in "Mickey Mantle: His Final Inning," by Ed Cheek, published by the American Tract Society:
A few weeks later when doctors had discovered that the cancer had aggressively spread, Mickey's family asked Bobby if he would come visit him. His death was imminent. To honor Mickey's long-standing request—one he had made at the funeral of Roger Maris nine years earlier—Bobby was asked to speak at the funeral.
After entering the hospital room, Richardson went over to Mantle's bed and took his hand. Locking his eyes on him, Bobby said, "Mickey, I love you, and I want you to spend eternity in heaven with me." Mantle smiled and said, "Bobby, I've been wanting to tell you that I have trusted Jesus Christ as my Savior." Faced with the crushing weight of his sin against a holy God and its dire consequence—eternal separation from God—Mickey had asked for and received the forgiveness he so desperately needed. For Richardson, news of his conversion felt like cool rain after a summer drought, and brought tears to his eyes. For years, he had talked to Mickey about the Lord Jesus, but to no avail. Now, in the final inning of his life, the Mick had won his greatest victory—more glorious than any of his tape-measure home runs.
When asked later how he knew he would spend eternity with God in heaven, Mickey, after some reflection, quoted John 3:16 from the Bible: "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
At Mickey's funeral, Bobby Richardson told 2,000 mourners and a national TV audience that there are only two groups of people: those who say "yes" to Christ and those who say "no." He added that, since none of us knows when he will face his own final inning, saying "maybe" is really saying "no." The Bible confirms this when it says, "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him" (John 3:36).
Yep, he was a christian, thank you for showing that, heres a letter he wrote sounds very christiany,
http://www.lettersofnote.com/2011/02/mickey-m...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Commietator 149,672
puppet masters of knox co. who are they? 13 min Intheknow 5
Debate: Ferguson - Barbourville, KY 3 hr Animals 5
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SLY WEST 3,468
who works for you 5 hr IronHammer 8
looking for peggy jackson (Sep '10) 7 hr Wow 11
Melinda and Anthony affair 7 hr hahaha 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••