Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156596 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#110939 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can hold your breath while you're down in your hole there too?
Can you type at least one sentence that makes (a mustard seed amount) of sense?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#110940 Aug 19, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need some reading comprehension practice? Okay, here you go- a couple of really simple ones, just for you!

"Oh look! Look at the cute little monkey! Utoh, monkey slinging poo!

"No, no, little monkey! Bad monkey, bad!" You can sit down and behave now, little monkey!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#110941 Aug 19, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
And as far as an unoriginal quotation-Always liked this verse,(al·le·gor·i·cal·ly, adverb) of course.

Scripture: The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" The Lord replied, "If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree,‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you." Luke 17:5-6 (NIV)

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#110942 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
What are making an ASS(outofyourself)umption whining about now?
Non denominational and independent voter here. So much for the labelDUHm of labeling.
Yea, that is what all republicans claim to be.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110943 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Non denominational and independent voter here. So much for the labelDUHm of labeling.
Chtistianity is not a denomination silly. I said "Christian right".
I have zero doubt you are of the Christian Right. If you hate being labeled, quit acting so stereotypical.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Barbourville, KY

#110944 Aug 19, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you follow God's word?
Do you believe in God?
There is no such known writings that are God's Words, all words so far in human history were written by men.... Some were bat Shite Crazy men at that... If you have something verifiable written by God or a verifiable recording of God's words now that would something to check out...

I don't Believe in anything... I Know, I think I Know or I do Not Know on a sliding scale... I Never Believe...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110945 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what the really neat thing watching some of it was?
The archeologist/Egyptologist putting some of the latest techniques to the test (of finding cities a few k-BC, trade routes to and from and just how some of those stones were manipulated--who'd've thought by swelling timber pieces)...is a WOMAN.
Uhoh-looky at SOME dem men breaking sweat beads lol.
Is it me or does anyone here know what in the hell this woman is talking about?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110946 Aug 19, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The Spirit World is mentioned in the NT as its two parts. Paradise and Prison.
D&C 42:18 is where I read that murder is unforgivable, but this sin can be pardoned, as was the case with David.
Life can be whatever you want yours to be (within boundaries set by the governing body where you lay your head). But it's not that there "has" to be more than what you see, it just simply is. If you choose to spend your life proving there is no God, go for it. It's just going to make it that much harder in the next life that you can't fathom is real.
Paradise. That is the place those 9/11 hijackers believed they were going to. Nope, don't believe that at all. But I am sure they thought gods words said it would be so. If course blind faith is not a virtue, it is a liability.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#110947 Aug 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is it me or does anyone here know what in the hell this woman is talking about?
No one knows, I seriously doubt if She even knows.

Laughing
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#110948 Aug 19, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
And as far as an unoriginal quotation-Always liked this verse,(al·le·gor·i·cal·ly, adverb) of course.
Scripture: The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" The Lord replied, "If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree,‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you." Luke 17:5-6 (NIV)
lol well now. Anyone here ever witness this?

hum If your brains were put in a mustard seed they would rattle around like a p-nut in a whiskey barrel.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110949 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
So ANYWAY-
But since you popped in...just amazing how some of that same egypt topography is being applied even off the coast of same said country...makes anyone wonder if the analysis is including such for possibilities of not just cities under sand and silt, but water as well.
Huh-Imagine that-undiscovered, unknown areas, yet to be charted!!
I am sure some cities will be found, so? Did you have a point today or are you just babbling?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110950 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneyaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting topic-beats the he-double hockey sticks out kindergarten sandbox level Mental_ities.
Mapping Egypt with satellite imagery.
http://geology.com/world/egypt-satellite-imag...
So...ummm...technology now blending it's cutting edge technologies with gaining even more insights into ancient civilizations. Whole cities now digitally "unearthed" of their layers of silt and sand, offering archeologists bold and new horizens to explore .
Amazing stuff when used for GOOD purposes. Maybe one of these days they will hone it down enough to show small shards of ancient artifats, covered by thousands of years of environmental changes and impacts, broadening scientific explorations even further beyond just showing signs of whole ancient cities, buried beneath the sands of!!
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." - Vince Lombardi
I really wish you had an idea to discuss.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#110951 Aug 19, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need some reading comprehension practice? Okay, here you go- a couple of really simple ones, just for you!
"Oh look! Look at the cute little monkey! Utoh, monkey slinging poo!
"No, no, little monkey! Bad monkey, bad!" You can sit down and behave now, little monkey!
It has become apparent to me that you have an unusual admiration of animal and human excrements. ewww

Perhaps you could take a closer look at the monkey's Poo once you scrape it from your lips!
Another post, you made reference to A Human's private parts. Ewww.

Did you ride the short bus to school?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Barbourville, KY

#110952 Aug 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is it me or does anyone here know what in the hell this woman is talking about?
Religion?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110953 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneyaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
(s) plural.
(Biden excluded of course. Personal opinion.)
So stereotypical of any Christian Right winger.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#110954 Aug 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, that is what all republicans claim to be.
Never was a reg'd Republican, so I can't weigh in that one.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110955 Aug 19, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't be such a meathead. If you know I won't anser it,Why waste your time asking?
And I will not answer it because; It is none of your business.
You are a gossiper , a purveyor of false and misleading information,a busy body ,obnoxious and mentally challenged by the unimportant and absurd.... Those are your good points.
Moreover,,, You have not answered the questions I posed...
So asking if you asked for forgiveness from the person you transgressed is being getting to personal? How so? No one asked for names or even what the transgression was. It is a very basic question. Evidently one Christians are not comfortable with for some very strange reason.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#110956 Aug 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I really wish you had an idea to discuss.
I've tried a few (most recently egyptology and sat image remapping of) but the thread is then always lowered to some snarky ghetto gutter sewer level.

How about...some actual caring about others...like some stronger public advocasy on modern day disease prevention and care of, to go with all the ghetto gutter level filth mentality??

Love isn't ugly-but rampant lust sure is.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Manchester, KY

#110957 Aug 19, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> It has become apparent to me that you have an unusual admiration of animal and human excrements. ewww
Perhaps you could take a closer look at the monkey's Poo once you scrape it from your lips!
Another post, you made reference to A Human's private parts. Ewww.
Did you ride the short bus to school?
That's YOUR mentionable "merit", NOT mine.

Never was my style. EVER.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110958 Aug 19, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Never was a reg'd Republican, so I can't weigh in that one.
So you are an unregistered republican. I don't care what you label yourself as, what you present here is the attitude of a Christian Right winger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
carlot 2 hr Willis 3
Grace way metals 10 hr Smh 2
C&J auto sales (Jul '09) 12 hr leary 15
Listen up people 14 hr crazy talk 3
How is Godfathers Pizza at Shell ? 15 hr Titty Sprinkles 11
Just curious Old Datsun 280Z 16 hr Santa 6
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 16 hr Excited 174

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance