Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163378 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#110774 Aug 18, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Obama is president and religie racists don't like it.
Therefore god exists.
Obama is president and many black non-religious people don't like it either....

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#110775 Aug 18, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is president and many black non-religious people don't like it either....
Are you saying blacks are not racist also?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#110776 Aug 18, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bi-curious,
Since you have doubts to gods existance and you are obviously interested in atheism why not try it you can always repent later. Just thought it might ease your confusion. Which do you think is the problem with religion, ignorance or delusion?
I once lived in the sewer of my human nature, not believing in God.
God got me out of that sewer. Those still living under those same sewerlike conditions , would like to drag me back in.
You will fail
One does not exchange a Gold mine for a latrine filled to overflowing .
Given the mental health of unbelievers ,it is certain that THEY are afflicted by Ignorance and Delusion.
One of your own seems to have discovered that which afflicts you.
Freudian slip , a mistake in speech or behaviour which shows what one is really thinking.
Atheists attending religious services.
Atheists invoking God's name in times of stress
Atheists continuously debating that which they insist does not exist.
In an aside; I can help you try and crawl out of the sewer , but ,I will not let you drag me back in

“There is no god.”

USA

#110777 Aug 18, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
God got me out of that sewer. Those still living under those same sewerlike conditions , would like to drag me back in.
You will fail
Given the mental health of unbelievers ,it is certain that THEY are afflicted by Ignorance and Delusion.
Freudian slip , a mistake in speech or behaviour which shows what one is really thinking.
In an aside; I can help you try and crawl out of the sewer , but ,I will not let you drag me back in
I could care less what you believe. I was just concerned with your confusion about being religious or atheist. I am not religious or atheist. There is no god. You avoid a lot of my questions but I will just mark that up to your confused state of mind.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#110778 Aug 18, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less what you believe. I was just concerned with your confusion about being religious or atheist. I am not religious or atheist. There is no god. You avoid a lot of my questions but I will just mark that up to your confused state of mind.
If you do not care about what I believe , if you are neither Atheist or Religious , then what is the reason for your concern?
I believe your concern is based on a selfish reason.
You are looking for answers that your nonreligion and unbelief are unable to provide you.
You claim there is no God and have no one to turn to.
You are hopelessly lost with no idea as to where you are going.
Those are the effects of unbelief.
Your questions are a clear indication of your mental confusion.
You claimed Mantle was an atheist , then , you claimed he was a Christian...
Finally I was able to clear up your confusion..
Is Mr. Duquette your mentor?...You sound like him.

#110779 Aug 18, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying blacks are not racist also?
I'm saying that playing the race card is old and in most cases idiotic to play... There is a big deference between being prejudice and racism.... You are prejudice, I am prejudice... Everyone has been prejudice at one point or another... being prejudice does not make someone racist... and prejudice can have absolutely nothing to do with race.... It's roots come from Pre-Judging and if I someone dressed a certain way, have a certain king of car and a 1000 other outward things, Someone states they believe in a god, someone says they are atheist and a 1000 other details makes all of us Pre-Judge others even when we do not realize it....

But I'm tired of the chicken shite race baiting ploys....

#110780 Aug 18, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
You will fail
That's because you are a person with no Honor... You are a despicable person...

All you are telling us with this post is that you are a POS and the only reason you don't pick up a crack pipe and rape women is Fear of Hell after death or Wish for reward after death... Doing the Honorable thing only because of fear of punishment or promise of reward does not make a person an Honorable person... The best definition of Honor is doing the right thing when no one is looking,,, Doing the Right Thing just because you think someone or a god is watching your every move is a indication of the being you are inside....

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#110781 Aug 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do!
God placed a moon of the right size, in the right place!
Here's one thing you forget...
The moon is pulling away from the earth, and more than 10,000 years
ago... it'd been too close, and life on this planet would've been very difficult for land based creatures... oh wait!
That doesn't fit your narrative... never mind!
I know the moon moves, but your claim of it being to far for life to exist ten thousand years ago is rubbish. If you only had evidence for your fantastical claims.
You guys always use the "could not have happened", claims all the time, yet you cannot show evidence it could not have happened.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110782 Aug 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great post!
"Dawkins had no valid reply to O'reilly's charge that Science has no explanation for the creation of the Universe and human existence"
The reason for this... Dawkins has none, not one iota!
There is no counsel against the Lord!
Amen!
The difference between science and religion is, if science does not yet have the answer, it does not make one up as does religion.
Bill did nothing but argue for a god of the gaps. He is rolling the dice, the claims about the gaps are as his upbringing in Christianity claimed.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110783 Aug 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What you do not get... We know God is real, and no amount of denial will change that!
You bought Satan's lies Hook, line, and sinker!
We... Hope that changes for you!
You claim to "know" what cannot be known.

We get it, you think ghosts and demons are real and control your thoughts. We don't believe this happens. You cannot show evidence it happens. It really just looks to be myth. Again, why should we buy your story over other mythical sounding claims?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110784 Aug 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Sure... Keep telling yourself that...
Maybe a pigs tooth can turn into a whole man!
Satan's lies look tempting, but you cannot prove any of it!
I'm still here ONLY because God wanted me here!
Again you use the word "prove" incorrectly. How can we prove anything to you if you do not even know how to use the word properly?
Evolution has been proven to billions of people. Of course it cannot be proven to someone who is so ignorant as to not even know how to use the word "proven".

“There is no god.”

USA

#110785 Aug 18, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying that playing the race card is old and in most cases idiotic to play... There is a big deference between being prejudice and racism.... You are prejudice, I am prejudice... Everyone has been prejudice at one point or another... being prejudice does not make someone racist... and prejudice can have absolutely nothing to do with race.... It's roots come from Pre-Judging and if I someone dressed a certain way, have a certain king of car and a 1000 other outward things, Someone states they believe in a god, someone says they are atheist and a 1000 other details makes all of us Pre-Judge others even when we do not realize it....
But I'm tired of the chicken shite race baiting ploys....
Well good for you.

My post was directed at yaa not you. It was meant as a humorous "Therefore god exists".

I should have known some idoitic polititard would twist it..........

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110786 Aug 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"How do you explain that Mormons and Catholics now agree that indeed evolution of man has occurred but by Gods hand"
Ooh, ooh call me, call me!
I can tell you why!
Because Satan don't care how you get to hell... just that you get there!
Lies in the church are better than lies to atheists...
Just ask the Queer church!
The "Queer church"? Thanks for showing how religion consistently creates division.
Reading your post, all I could envision was the church lady on SNL.
SATAN!

You fail to be able to answer so many questions. Just default to Satan.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110787 Aug 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no...
I lied, cheated, stolen, drugged, ruined lives...
I AM the Wretch the song refers to!
Here's what you don't get...
I've been Forgiven, Justified, and WORKING on Sanctified!
I hope you get to know just how good that feels!
I can, and will face worse that what you put out, and Gladly!
My Savior Lives!
Amen!
All I am getting out of your response is, you now feel you are justified to lie.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110788 Aug 18, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the sane and rational amongst actually try to DIScourage any toxic plague like spews deriving of that type of willfull, dark age, centuries old depraved type ignorance, becaue we do NOT want to distort or degenerate young, impressionable minds--or let anything that promotes that kind of socioILLogical warpedness, near them for that matter.
And yet you wish for the bible to be taught in public schools? How hypocritical.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110789 Aug 18, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very clear description of your problem. You did not listen to the interview and sre prepared to express your opinion on an event you did not witness.
That is the type of mentality that will try and explain the origens of Life and the Universe.
Opinions based on non evidence and personal feelings.
On your points ,we do not assume how the Universe came into existence. We believe God brought everything into existence.
What one may say about oneself is not indicative of what one is.
The Mafia has always denied there is no Mafia. We know different.
Hitler was not a Christian,period.
The monsters I mentioned were all Atheists and tried to abolish religion , confiscated churches , temples and synagogues and converted them to secular use.
They sent millions of innocent people to their deaths.
You may consider that as being asinine.
The facts are that , the greatest atrocities committed against humanity have been committed by Atheists. Something in their human nature that makes them behave in such an immoral and heinious way.
Again you forget the claimed atrocity god committed in that flood. But of course it is but myth.
Hitler killed no one, his followers did. His followers were Christians.
In part you are correct. Just as the mafia denies the mafia, Hitler denied being an unbeliever. Why? Clearly he needed to portray being a believer, in order to sway believers to murder unbelievers. Those unbelievers were the people who denied Jesus was a deity.

Jews are atheistic to Christian theism. So in this case, the Christians murdered the atheists of their theism.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110790 Aug 18, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just want to make sure the science is correct, your statement is completely wrong...
At the rate the moon is receding ,3.8 centimeters per year, 3.8 cm X 10,000 equals 38000 cm ... 38,000 cm equals 0.24 miles..... it's orbit 10,000 years ago would have been less than a quarter mile closer than today and would have had Zero impact on tidal or gravitational pull different than today...
I suggest you not appeal to science to bolster your claims, it makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about...
Thanks for the facts. I am sure the actual facts like this are never in the propaganda YaA reads.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110791 Aug 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Permit me to interject .
I do believe that yes and amen has proven how foolish you are.
Your response to his posting clearly indicates that in the land of Fools , you are the court Jester.
Your anger, ignorance and foolishness in no way has an adverse effect on our Faith.
The reason being is that we believe that;
He in whom we believe and trust , lives.
Our God reigns and Christ is Lord.
On the other hand , you believe in old rocks , absurd opinions about unwitnessed events that supposedly happened billions of years ago in an undetermined place , time or date.
These rocks and absurd opinions have made no contribution to our system of government , laws or moral code...
Proven to who? You are already on team YaA.
It seems easier to believe a rock is real, as one can feel it, see it, or even maybe throw it. Science can even calculate dates the rock was formed. Science can make deductions from how the rocks are set in formations as to how they may have come to be. Call it a guess if you wish, but the guess is educated.

I get it, you are at war with natural science. I like geology and wish it to be taught in public schools.
I protest your religion, not due to some sort of search for god as you claim, but due to your war on natural science.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110792 Aug 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Pluto? To give Hubble something to look at?
Ebola? Genesis 3!
God has to keep His promise!
He said... Do this, and Live, do that, and die!
The thing you don't get... It's not the body that matters!
Double standards as always with you theists. Expect science to have all the answers or else you refuse to accept any of their answers.
Yet when pressed for an answer here, you claim no answer is needed? Double standard.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#110793 Aug 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is... Dawkins, and ALL of his followers...
Don't have "Facts", they have "Conjecture"...
That is a Fact!
You'd do well to watch Fox, as You might get some truth with
your news!
"Truth" with the news? Or more like some far right wing propaganda with your news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brick yard ponds 3 hr rocket scientist 13
Dustin Mills , Colonel ‘Joe’ Golden 3 hr Jimmie 15
Tyra smith 6 hr Therealbitchplease 14
Barbourville is a nice little town.. 6 hr Therealbitchplease 44
tent parents 6 hr kcdc 7
donna hale 9 hr Petty Patty 4
Sherry bar 10 hr The Real Yeti 20

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance