Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163779 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Harrodsburg, KY

#110179 Aug 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Now who would have guesses you liked fox news? They are the propaganda machine for Christian right wingers.
Hahahahaha!
You said "Propaganda"!
We say "Truth" on this side of the Moron line!
Yes and Amen

Harrodsburg, KY

#110180 Aug 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.... granted, that post may have been vague to those who haven't been following this thread, so to clear it up for them.... It was in reference to Do Whut's post of righteous judgment...and I'm sure you have been following this thread and knew exactly what I was referring to!
So Stop Being Stupid!
Yes... I follow this thread, and
No... I'm tired of reading ALL the stupid replies, as
it's the same old trash posted 1,000's of times before!
Incase you didn't notice... The Stupidity I refer to, is
those that post Anti-God...
The Lord is real, and the deliberate ignorance of
it, is... Stupid!
How stupid can you be

Harrodsburg, KY

#110181 Aug 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Just so you know, I can do my own research without clicking on your bias links.... and in my opinion most, NOT ALL signers were Deist.
Yes...
You can click on you OWN Biased links...
But you will not accept the truth, as you love man's lies...
Like eviltuion....
Funny, how that Book you guys deny, wrote about you thousands of years before, and you cannot even see it!
Sad!
How stupid can you be

Harrodsburg, KY

#110182 Aug 10, 2013
Nox Aeterna wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is if you do your own research you get an objective viewpoint rather than one that is slanted to support his arguments.
Hahahahahahahaha!
Thanks for the Laugh!
Romans 1 speaks about you... you might want to read it!
How stupid can you be

Harrodsburg, KY

#110183 Aug 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Well you could always put a bag over the head, roll the robust woman in flour and search for the "wet spot" laffin my A$$ off
Will you remember that joke when faced with the Creator???
Oh yes... every word!
How stupid can you be

Harrodsburg, KY

#110184 Aug 10, 2013
Nox Aeterna wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a friend who was raised a Witness and it's a cause of great problem in his life. Due to the views he had drilled into him for his life by his parents he's now socially awkward, ashamed of his body, and somewhat in fear of sex itself.
In case you haven't figured it out... Sex is NOT a god!
How stupid can you be

Harrodsburg, KY

#110185 Aug 10, 2013
Nox Aeterna wrote:
<quoted text>
But, if the Bible is to be taken literally then the Earth is not 9,400 years old. See, that's the catch-22 in trying to use actual science to back up religion, they won't ever align.
If the Noah story is true, the Bible is a literal history. If the Bible is a literal history the world is only 6,000ish years old. But, if something has been shown to have happened 9,400 years old and you acknowledge it to be true(as you do by using it to prop up your madness), then the Bible can't be literal and the Noah story is simply a parable.
It might just show... the dating methods are askew!
Just like we've been telling you!
Yes and Amen

Harrodsburg, KY

#110186 Aug 10, 2013
May the Lord bless all of you with wisdom!
Wisdom to Know Good, and Evil, and the
difference between the two!
Good day to all!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#110187 Aug 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great post!
It is funny how much time, energy, and hatred they waist on
something they THINK isn't real!
Not funny, funny, but funny sad!
It is funny how much time, energy, and hatred they *waste* on
something they think IS real!

Not funny funny, but funny sad.

It's tough being a Christian, believing in that fantasy day after day,
with your brain trying to say "It's only a myth!" constantly.
Must be exhausting.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Somerset, KY

#110188 Aug 10, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a confusing person. This article is from National Geographic. If you actually read it, the author is very clearly pointing out that NOBODY accepts this "find" as "Noah's Ark". The article actually quotes a *Young Earth Creationist*....as a skeptic! The point being even the crazies think this is crazy.
But you seem to think this article somehow bolsters the idea that the Ark story is real?? In fact you keep posting lots of little things that, if we take them at face value, sort of don't add up to anything at all. And you seem to think this builds up the probability that a Sunday School story about god murdering the whole world is actually true.
"I" seem to think, or YOU seem to think?:-)

I merely posted the articles for reading, as I just found them to be rather interesting reading material.

Some interesting reading and visual insights, from the region of anitquity sooo steeped in world history, known as the crossroads of the "Silk Road"

.."An Afghan security official is surrounded by the shadows of colleagues as he keeps watch at the scene of an attack in Jalalabad late on May 29. Militants launched a two-hour suicide and gun attack on a Red Cross office, killing one guard, officials said. It was the first time that Red Cross offices had been targeted since the organization began work in Afghanistan in 1987...
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34923291/displaymod... ;

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/07...

There's some great examples in some of the reading, of what happens in places where dark age, craggy rock INTOLERANCE of others "beliefs" is rampant.

Take your time, that's the only way to read, when ever possible!

"BOOKS, Not Bombs!".
SistaNoneYaBiz

Somerset, KY

#110189 Aug 10, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>You don't care about facts...
You turned the "creator" into nature, and
"In the Year of our Lord", a general dating concept of the times!
It stares you in the face, and you will deny it...
It's who you are!
Now that is a rather insightful, truth bearing hypothesis!
SistaNoneYaBiz

Somerset, KY

#110190 Aug 10, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny how much time, energy, and hatred they *waste* on
something they think IS real!
Not funny funny, but funny sad.
It's tough being a Christian, believing in that fantasy day after day,
with your brain trying to say "It's only a myth!" constantly.
Must be exhausting.
The worlds sadness, "funny"?

Now That IS a sad statement...about as sad as this info in the paragraph following-

."An Afghan security official is surrounded by the shadows of colleagues as he keeps watch at the scene of an attack in Jalalabad late on May 29. Militants launched a two-hour suicide and gun attack on a Red Cross office, killing one guard, officials said. It was the first time that Red Cross offices had been targeted since the organization began work in Afghanistan in 1987.."

The humanitarian relief org of the RED CROSS, NO attacks against them in 25 years, until this year.

Pa-the-Tic.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Somerset, KY

#110191 Aug 10, 2013
<quoted text>Will you remember that joke when faced with the Creator???
Oh yes... every word!
A "joke" that stinks of a talibanish, dark age, craggy rock, UNcivilized low level Mentality at that.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#110193 Aug 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You claim it can be and is, and the bible claims this also. So? But you cannot know if the bible is telling the truth. You just have blind faith it is.
You cannot know, but you can believe. Believe blindly all you wish, but do not expect others to buy the claims.
Smh

All of this conversation is about my faith and beliefs. I thought we were both aware of this by now.

Location hidden

#110194 Aug 10, 2013
Nox Aeterna wrote:
<quoted text>It's nothing like that. If you follow Jenny Craig correctly it does work and has results. No matter how you pray the results are the same.

Praying to your God has the same success rate as making a sacrifice to Quetzalcoatl, around 25% due to coincidence. So, I suppose that has to mean Quetzalcoatl is real too, right?
In your experiences, maybe. But you can't speak for others and you can't really compare your experiences with theirs because you have no faith.

I personally think Quetzalcoatl was Jesus Christ. Of course over time their writings become convoluted and Q isn't someone you would even want Christ associated with. But I think some of the writings of Q could verify the visitation to those people that is spoken of in the Book of Mormon.

Location hidden

#110195 Aug 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>stuck in a lodi wrote:

hummm If the kid is dressed in gang clothing, hanging out with gang affiliated kids, then When one Judges him to be gang related... that is a righteous judgment..... what's that one that say's you will be known by the fruit's you bear....so tell me where I would be wrong in assuming this kid is a gang member?

Of course I understand, but do you understand the point I was making? Show me where I said he was a "bad" seed. I said if he wears the gang clothing and hangs out with gang members, then it stands to reason he is gang related.... his reasoning behind his choices is not the issue here, you were using that analogy for a righteous judgment, and I was saying that if one judges him to be gang related, with the circumstances you provided, it would be a righteous judgment. Understand?
Depends on your opinion of gangs. If you think they all are murderous drug dealers, then you would have misjudged the kid.

Location hidden

#110196 Aug 10, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Pardon me. I should have inserted the word "contemporary" in there.

Both of these documents were written long, long, loooooong after Moses was pushing up daisies, assuming he was ever real.

And the Book of Mormon has no historical authority whatsoever except to tell us something about the Mormon church. No one outside the LDS takes that book seriously.
Just as no one outside Christianity takes the New Testament seriously.

So you need some historian to write a biography on Moses before you believe he existed?

“Topix Idiotae plena estut tibi”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#110200 Aug 10, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
In your experiences, maybe. But you can't speak for others and you can't really compare your experiences with theirs because you have no faith.
I personally think Quetzalcoatl was Jesus Christ. Of course over time their writings become convoluted and Q isn't someone you would even want Christ associated with. But I think some of the writings of Q could verify the visitation to those people that is spoken of in the Book of Mormon.
Jesus was a giant flying serpent that demanded blood sacrifices? He must have gotten a serious chip on his shoulder from the whole crucifixion thing to go from being a man preaching love and tolerance to coming back in Mesoamerica as a giant serpent who could only be satisfied by human sacrifice.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#110201 Aug 10, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on your opinion of gangs. If you think they all are murderous drug dealers, then you would have misjudged the kid.

Why do you keep adding 'post scripts' to your original post? Please answer my question.....Based on your original analogy of the kid and gangs and the circumstances you provided, if one judges that kid as being gang related it would be a righteous judgment.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#110202 Aug 10, 2013
<quoted text>Will you remember that joke when faced with the Creator???
Oh yes... every word!
As long as I'm living, Yep I'll remember that JOKE! Now when I'm dead, I'm dead. So NO I won't. Oh no... not one single word!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bth 2 min Mine 10
Prisoner clean up workers 21 min kickback crew 6
Poison Tongues @ MSC ? 4 hr virgie 15
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 3,986
Jw collins 5 hr Danny 4
What song are you listening to Right Now? 7 hr Leto Jared 4
Drug dealing 10 hr GetThemAll 6

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance