Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166335 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Topix Idiotae plena estut tibi”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#109806 Aug 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"fellowship" ? Not sure what this means in such a context? Is this religious speak? If not, can students do this in any class?
Fellowship is Christian code, it means "hang out and talk about Jesus".
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109807 Aug 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Really! Perhaps you should do more research b4 making yourself out to be the Fool..... 2 examples 1 - In the beginning of 2006, an engineering professor at Northwestern University, in Evanston, Illinois, told his class that the Holocaust was a hoax and never happened. His statement received national media coverage and the president of Northwestern had to issue a public apology claiming that the beliefs did not represent those of the university. 2 - Another dilemma occurred when a public high school teacher in New Jersey continued to veer off into tangents during his lectures that pertained to his religious beliefs. The only reason he was exposed to the public was when a student tape-recorded him and brought it to officials. These are 2 examples that received Media Attention, there are countless others that happen every day that go unnoticed! NOW.... How about YOU get a Phucking Clue!!!
How about YOU get a even a shred of a BRAINcell.
I PERSONALLY, NEVER witnessed ANYONE trying to force their beliefs on anyone else.
EVER. NOT in FIFTY years!!!!!!
So, what part of that simple statement derived of my Own PERSONAL EXPERIENCE did you NOT comprehend, trash mouth?
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109808 Aug 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Almost 90% of children in the United States attend public school. These children are often exposed to beliefs and opinions of teachers and administration as well as all their classmates. Essentially, they do not have the freedom to avoid this exposure which makes the education system the primary target for "Separation" controversy.
If I am a student in a classroom and the Teacher/Professor weaves his/her religious beliefs or opinions into the conversation, and I can't leave the room w/out fear of getting a failing mark, then he/she is FORCING their religious beliefs or opinions ON ME!!!! GET A PHUCKING CLUE!!
I HAVE however encountered some that disagreed with MY opinion and occasional selection of applied grammar in presenting such.

It just wasn't bad enough to have FAILED the whole class for it LOL!!!.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109809 Aug 6, 2013
Gogo wrote:
If we live in a diverse place, wouldn't we want to know what the bible says? Or even what other's believe? What would you do to a friend who was different and diverse? Would you get to know them? I don't know if I would like the term bible study, I think its a friendship time cause Christianity is a relationship. Some people may argue that Christianity is a religion because it follows guidelines, but don't we all, especially to our parents?
Nicely, and quite Logically stated!

Personally, I myself much prefer the freedom of being able to think, read and learn, rather than being stuck in the realms of a narrow little box of preconceived, preprogrammed notions, mired in occlusions of muck!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#109810 Aug 6, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I really foudn this statement rather interesting-out of the labs of Live Science and one of the latest studies on the "Y" chromsone..
"Despite their overlap in time, ancient "Adam" and ancient "Eve" probably didn't even live near each other, let alone mate...."
(Ghose, T. "Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered" LiveScience.com . WEb August 1, 2013.)
Pardon moi a sec...(and I really do not like to partake of such bellicoseness" but...
"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA " or a robust LOL..
Ohhhhhhhh myyyy, the proverbial IRONY meter---tilting OFF the scales with that one lol.
Live Science on "Who yo' baby daddy mitochondrial Eve???"
To which even the latest studies can Only reply "We DO NOT KNOW...we are STILL stymied by THAT bit of nucleic, UNknown data!!!!
I-RON-EE lol
This might seem ironic unless you understood the name given by science is metaphoric and not literal. You see, the Adam and Eve science is referring to are just the earliest ancestors yet found fossilized.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#109811 Aug 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:

When teachers enforce their beliefs onto students, the line between Church and State is crossed and they are in violation of the First Amendment. Teachers should avoid discussion on religion within the classroom. If the child wants to learn of Religion, it should be done at home or a Church.
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER, EVER seen a teacher Force their religious beliefs on anyone--not in FIFTY plus years.
EVER.
That's why generally teachers are TEACHERS, NOT Preachers- and not narrow minded, heads stuck in the sand, clueless NON wonders, most having FAR, far more SENSE, than THAT ridiculous bullchit.
GET A CLUE.
This is the 21st century-NOT the 18th dark ages!
Like Everyone else in here, I just schooled your dumb azz and showed proof of what I stated proving that the one needing to get a CLUE is YOU and now you want to turn it around and make it about your personal experiences. I proved to you THAT ridiculous bullchit does indeed happen, so what exactly did you mean by saying to me.......GET A CLUE? Just keep your banter and unfounded opinions, and I'll continue to post the truth and show proof there of! Now go place your dumb azz nose in the circle on the chalk board, while chanting "I need to get a clue"
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#109812 Aug 6, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I HAVE however encountered some that disagreed with MY opinion and occasional selection of applied grammar in presenting such.
It just wasn't bad enough to have FAILED the whole class for it LOL!!!.
When are you going to understand. It's not about failing, It's about the instructor being in violation of the Amendment! The First Amendment may have been established over two hundred years ago, but today, teachers must still be careful about what they teach if a child feels their Rights have been infringed upon then that instructor needs to be reprimanded!
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109813 Aug 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>This might seem ironic unless you understood the name given by science is metaphoric and not literal. You see, the Adam and Eve science is referring to are just the earliest ancestors yet found fossilized.
Read it again, maybe a bit slower this time, so maybe that "Y" (STILL YET) UNknown ADuhm nucleic core genome of yours, can grasp the REAL big picture!.

lol.

IRONY!
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109814 Aug 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Now go place your dumb azz nose in the circle on the chalk board, while chanting "I need to get a clue"
Being as the first part of your nothing rational but started out with nothing rational, I just skipped right out over it.

And as for your last IGNORANT gutter snipe, entitleMENTALcase type level line-

I'll leave that for Fools like yourself!!

You a Y chromo too, that your excuse for it?

lol

IRONY!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#109816 Aug 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"There are dozens of different was of dating stuff... We test that dating methods are correct"
There is your delusion!
How could a diamond created Millions of years ago, still have C14?
How could a rock created in a volcano yesterday read millions of years old? How could a tree be found in layers supposedly spanning a billion years... upside down???
NO! You WANT those things to be true... so bad you overlook the real truth!
That is delusion!
God is real... that is NOT delusion!
I doubt you could spell "C14" without looking it up.

Which Creationist tract did you see it in? "Wooky What Baby Jesus Did" or "1-2-3 He Created Me"?

(Available from Creation Research Institutes's Advanced Science Library!)
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#109817 Aug 6, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
How about YOU get a even a shred of a BRAINcell.
I PERSONALLY, NEVER witnessed ANYONE trying to force their beliefs on anyone else.
EVER. NOT in FIFTY years!!!!!!
So, what part of that simple statement derived of my Own PERSONAL EXPERIENCE did you NOT comprehend, trash mouth?
LOL you were in school 50 years? My statement was addressing the Public School System, if you were in school for 50 years, I highly doubt if you EVER witnessed it, you'd have the ability to recognize it! you dumb phuck hehehe. Now admit your mistake and go on your merry way! You were trying to paint me foolish; Seems it backfired on you Proven Science, Sista or as I like to reference you (the shemale)
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#109818 Aug 6, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Being as the first part of your nothing rational but started out with nothing rational, I just skipped right out over it.
And as for your last IGNORANT gutter snipe, entitleMENTALcase type level line-
I'll leave that for Fools like yourself!!
You a Y chromo too, that your excuse for it?
lol
IRONY!
Once Again, when you are faced with losing yet ANOTHER ARGUMENT, you fall back to your usual banter, that's typical of you, avoiding the direct questions, name calling, and looking more the fool with every post.

Location hidden

#109819 Aug 6, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you see the LOGIC in perhaps some shouldn't read quite so "verbatim" (DUH, DUH, DUH!)....
and that it is QUITE feasible, that some man named Noah, built a boat to float around "the world as he knew it-be it ten miles, or a hundred), because it was going to rain hard for a month and a few days .
Gilgamesh is another subject...maybe have your people call mine lol.
Perhaps were talking past one another. Let me be very clear. If you read the story of Noah in its proper context, as a piece of ancient literature that may or may not be based on some nugget of reality (in other words: a myth), then we have no quarrel.

My quarrel is with people who read it as truth. And for them it does matter how many days it rained, how old Noah was, and how big the boat was. Because those things are clearly defined in the story. If we read it in that way, the literal way, it makes no sense and goes against all manner of reason, science, and history.

Clinging to such a reading is stupid, especially today when you can Google it and know more about the topic in 15 minutes than your grandparents would have learned in their entire lives (typically).

I'm not saying the story has absolutely no basis in reality. Flood happen ALL THE TIME. And we tell stories all the time. It would make sense that ancient floods would lead to ancient stories.

What I am saying, unequivocally and without stuttering, is that Noah's Ark is FICTION in every sense of the word. When I read a Spider-Man comic book it is set in a place called New York City. It has trains, cars, restaurants, and references to historical figures. It involves a vigilante. There have been vigilantes, and there is a New York City. Therefore Spider-Man has a grain of truth in it.

But if you think Spider-Man comics are real you are a nuthut. Just like people who think the Bible is based on reality.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#109820 Aug 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No... Crustal shift just caused the areas that were at the poles to be moved to where it was warm... causing the ice sheets to melt quickly while the slow build up of new ice through snow accumulation at the new polar positions... This allows that the Global temps remains relatively stable... and there is a good argument for exactly that..
The argument goes that for the Global temps to rise enough to completely melt the mile or more thick ice sheets we would have needed 25 or 30 degree rise in average temps for the poles to melt as quickly as we can verify it melted.. But that would have meant the equator would have been Blazing hot... Yet we do not see evidence of such heat damage to the tropical regions...
But if the crust shifted say 20deg in a short period that would have moved the polar ice sheets into areas were the temps were warm and the melt would have been quick.. Because of the positions of the Ice Sheets over land mass of North America and the south polar ice caps over the shallow oceans 20 deg from todays poles the Oceans would be 400 to 600 feet lower ... Shift the crust 20% and now the new polar forming caps are over water ...
Now the reason I pick the 20% is because I look at the positions of the megalithic structures that are in a straight line around the globe and that line is 20deg off of the equator... I thing we are coming up with more and more evidence that shows there was a large and flourishing global civilization during the last ice age... and that the Crustal Shift wiped it out... the seas rose and the cities are today miles out in the oceans, 400 to 600 foot deep and under 20 to 30 thousand years of silt.... The Megalithic structures we find are the survivors setting out to map and mark the new globe and building, teaching to build, structures from stone so large because they had witnessed the forces of the shift... as time went on those that passed along the stories and information became more and more myth and the knowledge to build in the large 200+ plus ton stone went down....
This is why we find fast frozen mega-fauna in the Russian Steps as that area would have been on the latitude of Alabama or Georgia and would have shifted north closer to the artic of today in very short order... and Antarctica would have been shifted from a temperate climate like Argentina to where it sits today leaving vast forests frozen in place under a mile of ice...
http://www.skrause.org/writing/papers/hapgood...
http://www.flem-ath.com/flemath/hapgoodeinste...
I really enjoyed reading this post, Thank you Q

Location hidden

#109821 Aug 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am just trying to figure out what the good, moral message is to be had from the Noah tale.
All I see is a god that murders everyone and every animal. Where is the good moral story part?
I keep asking but no one seems able to produce an answer.
Is it, be moral or I will friggin murder you?
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
I think of parables that are more open to pondering like Noahs, or for another example, the Good Samaritan, the same as I would of, for instance, of the elements that can be found in Aesops tale of The Ant and the Grasshopper.
There is STILL, good Moral basis to be gleaned of such.
Oh, no doubt. If there is a moral message in Noah's tale it is lost to antiquity. I think it's just an old story that ended up being part of the Jewish Bible. And that's about it.

It is a murderous, terrible, and irrational story. It is both dumb and horrifying. I wouldn't worship a god like that if you threatened me with eternal torture. What an a**hole he is. "Waaah. People are being flawed, just like I made them. Waaaah. I'm gonna kill 'em all. Waaah."

lol
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#109822 Aug 6, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you could spell "C14" without looking it up.
Which Creationist tract did you see it in? "Wooky What Baby Jesus Did" or "1-2-3 He Created Me"?
(Available from Creation Research Institutes's Advanced Science Library!)
In reading some of your postings,what with all the anger and swearing,I fear you may be losing it.
Let us not forget what happened to Nietzsche ,Freud,Darwin and some of the other crackpot atheist who ended up in mental wards.
Let us hope you don't reach the anger level of those Atheist mentors ,Stalin,ZeDong and Pol Pot.
And certainly,do not emulate Madilyn O'Hair..
I found it distressing that Carl sagan brought you to tears...
You can get the same effect by peeling onions or stubbing your little toe on the dresser when you get up at midnight to go to the bathroom....To each his own.....
Now,get back to your foggy crystal ball and tell us about these mythological made up scientofic Stories rtegarding events that no one witnessed,how they happened ,where and why....
let's see,; Nothing created something from nothing,it went BOOOM and here we all are....
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#109823 Aug 6, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no doubt. If there is a moral message in Noah's tale it is lost to antiquity. I think it's just an old story that ended up being part of the Jewish Bible. And that's about it.
It is a murderous, terrible, and irrational story. It is both dumb and horrifying. I wouldn't worship a god like that if you threatened me with eternal torture. What an a**hole he is. "Waaah. People are being flawed, just like I made them. Waaaah. I'm gonna kill 'em all. Waaah."
lol
For one who does not believe in God,you,like the other atheists,devote a lot of yuour Attention to something you do not believe in.
They say that the Atheists Nietzsche ,Freud and Darwin ended up with mental problems due to their concern about something "GOD"they claimed did not exist.
Studies show that those who do not believe in God are more likely to develop mental issues...
I'm just saying....Be Careful and take care
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#109824 Aug 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
In reading some of your postings,what with all the anger and swearing,I fear you may be losing it.
Let us not forget what happened to Nietzsche ,Freud,Darwin and some of the other crackpot atheist who ended up in mental wards.
Let us hope you don't reach the anger level of those Atheist mentors ,Stalin,ZeDong and Pol Pot.
And certainly,do not emulate Madilyn O'Hair..
I found it distressing that Carl sagan brought you to tears...
You can get the same effect by peeling onions or stubbing your little toe on the dresser when you get up at midnight to go to the bathroom....To each his own.....
Now,get back to your foggy crystal ball and tell us about these mythological made up scientofic Stories rtegarding events that no one witnessed,how they happened ,where and why....
let's see,; Nothing created something from nothing,it went BOOOM and here we all are....
Honestly, Can't you pull out some new material from your little black magic bag? This same ole' same ole' is getting boring.(yawns)

Location hidden

#109825 Aug 6, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
1. What if the creator, created the laws of science? And since He does not want to be "proven" because it disposes of the need for faith because it is contrary to His plan, couldn't He avoid being proven to ensure His plans are not foiled?
And I can't really compare God to a scientist. Unless you know some that are claiming to BE God, I don't think it is a relevant comparison.
2. Why would God not be perfect if He had a Father? Jesus was perfect and He had a Father.
OK, since you felt I didn't answer you the last time here's a more direct answer.

1. "What if the creator, created the laws of science? And since He does not want to be "proven" because it disposes of the need for faith because it is contrary to His plan, couldn't He avoid being proven to ensure His plans are not foiled?"

Sure. This is what would follow from that premise:

God would be a liar and a dickhead. He would fool us into thinking there is only nature, then, through vague and disupted old books, he would ask us to have faith in him. Those of us who value the sense of reason he obviously gave us would reject that idea. And, as the overwhelming consensus of Christian doctrine would have it, we would deep fry in a vat of hellfire.

Hilarious! Good one, god. You devil.

But seriously, it's a fallacious argument. It sets itself up as not falsifiable. It cannot be refuted, it cannot be demonstrated. It is not scientific or rational. There isn't even a good reason to reply to it, honestly. I could make a similar argument that fairies did the same thing and you couldn't possibly refute me.

It reminds me of the rarely used Creationist argument that the reason we find dinosaur bones is because god is testing our faith. It's not a very clever argument and it lacks even the most fundamental degree of evidence.

2. "Why would God not be perfect if He had a Father? Jesus was perfect and He had a Father."

Jesus got killed on a cross. That's imperfection right there.

You need to clarify what you mean by "perfection". What I mean is that if god had a father then god is not all powerful, as virtually ALL Christian doctrine says he is. There is no Christian doctrine that I am aware of that postulates a beginning for god. To do so necessarily means god is not perfect. A perfect being would not require an act of creation in order to exist.

If you think otherwise then you are very much in a tiny, tiny minority of Christian thinkers and you lose all possible claim to any "first cause" or "prime mover" arguments that most apologists latch onto as a fundamental tool for proving the existence of god.

“Topix Idiotae plena estut tibi”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#109826 Aug 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
For one who does not believe in God,you,like the other atheists,devote a lot of yuour Attention to something you do not believe in.
They say that the Atheists Nietzsche ,Freud and Darwin ended up with mental problems due to their concern about something "GOD"they claimed did not exist.
Studies show that those who do not believe in God are more likely to develop mental issues...
I'm just saying....Be Careful and take care
Who is "they"? I've never heard or read anything like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Russia actually help Trump get Elected? 1 min steve 13
Jerry Wayne Garland property 2 min Really 8
Brittney and Scott Trent 8 min steve 2
Jason miller 13 min steve 2
Unfaithful 15 min steve 5
Judge ex removing daniel boone statue ! 38 min Doh 7
BETH and AMANDA @ ACH 1 hr HO HO HO 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance