Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
104,601 - 104,620 of 128,790 Comments Last updated 18 min ago
well

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

consider it
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, science and science fiction go hand-in-hand. Duh. That's why it's called science fiction.
With the Bible you don't have to add the fiction. It's already there. It's just that it sucks. A movie based on the Bible would be a crapfest worse than Beverley Hills Chihuahua 3.
Yes,We had the 10 Commandments,,a classis
The Greatest Story Ever Told
The Recent Series.The Bible and on and on

With Evolution we have; Dracula
Tarantula,Day of the living Dead,The Zombies,The Incredible Shrinking Man,I was A teenage Werewolf...
My Uncle Was a Monkey and Chiquita Bananas are in my Blood
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
"yes the liar"
"the nAzi SoZi"
"bicurious"
"dimwit"
"7th rump"
Must all be the same religie. Odds are very much against 5 religies with the IQs of 3 finding the same topics thread at the same time.
Wow...All this from one who has to read the instructions on the wrapper in order to determine the correct use of toilet paper.
Let me put it bluntly,you wipe AFTER you've gone,NOT before

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Tarantula,Day of the living Dead,The Zombies,The Incredible Shrinking Man,I was A teenage Werewolf...
Rational people realize they are all just movies, not reality.
Even the title, "The Greatest STORY Ever Told" should give you a clue to that.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
You Might want to Ask YOURSELF your questions Mr Hypocrite...
I simply stated... being in an altered state resulting from a "high" on anything like "schrooms" (or anything similar), was NOT in the same category.
Let me tale a guess here, I you thought LSD was cool once upon a time too?
Not me. Not ever.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course their is no way to prove, this is why I think it is but a myth. The facts point to it being a myth. In other words, the evidence is against you, not with you.
The only similarities between the many churches are the ones that are clearly claimed in the bible. No ghost needed here.
----------
quoted text>First, how can you speak for all of what that feeling, feels like?
Second, I have felt this emotion towards what I believed. I was once very religious. The feeling I had did affect my body and mind. But does this feeling mean a god is real or does it just mean my belief was real? I think the latter is so.
So me pointing out your hypocrisy is hypocrisy?
Unlike you, I do not condemn judging the feelings one has in a spiritual state. I think it should be open for discussion. But I did want to point out that you did judge ones feelings and thus were clearly hypocritical.
Evidently you do not even know what hypocritical means.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The recent series, the bible was pretty good. I noted how it portrayed the religious leaders as the typical tyrannical dictators and politicians.
King David was not a good man. Why the bible would insist the messiah had to be in his blood line is beyond me. Monarchies.
And no, American government is not based upon these concepts.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us talk about rational people.
Those of us who believe in God, believe he gave us the gift of life and intelligence.
Because we are alive and intelligent,mankind has accomplished much. We have created and we have invented,thanks to our creator.
What we have been unable to create or invent is,life and intelligence.
On the other hand,there are those who claim that there is no God.
They claim that we owe our life and intelligence to some nonexisting ,nonliving nonintelligent power which was able to somehow,create living intelligent beings.
What caused these miraculous events to take place is a mystery.
No one can tell us why,when or how these events may have occurred.
So,based on the claims of Atheists,Evolutionists and unbelieving Scientists,living intelligent beings are unable to duplicate what a nonexistent ,nonliving and nonintelligent power was able to accomplish.
In other words, in their view, nonexistent, nonliving and nonintelligence is superior to existing,living and intelligent beings.
Yes,there is A God,a superior being who created us.
To believe otherwise is to discard reason and reality and succumb to insanity and unbelief.
There is one rock we believe in,Jesus Christ....And he lives
Fossilized rocks are exactly that,fossilized rocks

Our God lives and Christ Jesus is Lord.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

We teach our children about the bible because we want them to know what's important.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The recent series, the bible was pretty good. I noted how it portrayed the religious leaders as the typical tyrannical dictators and politicians.
King David was not a good man. Why the bible would insist the messiah had to be in his blood line is beyond me. Monarchies.
And no, American government is not based upon these concepts.
You are right. King David,when living according ti his human nature,was not a good man.
The bible makes it very plain that there is no one who is GOOD.
Christ made that very plain when he stated"There is only one who is good,,That is God.
The key here is that David confessed his sins,humbled himself befor God and was forgiven,as you well know.
And that is what the bible,old and New testament is all about.
Forgiveness. That is why Christ had to come and die on the cross.
Not only does the Bible claim that Christ is from David's bloodline,but also,the prostitute Rahab.....
Merely points to the fact that our ancestors were all sinners,bar none.....
The Bible tells it like it is,not what our corrupt human nature
thinks it should be

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us talk about rational people.
Those of us who believe in God, believe he gave us the gift of life and intelligence.
Because we are alive and intelligent,mankind has accomplished much. We have created and we have invented,thanks to our creator.
What we have been unable to create or invent is,life and intelligence.
On the other hand,there are those who claim that there is no God.
They claim that we owe our life and intelligence to some nonexisting ,nonliving nonintelligent power which was able to somehow,create living intelligent beings.
What caused these miraculous events to take place is a mystery.
No one can tell us why,when or how these events may have occurred.
So,based on the claims of Atheists,Evolutionists and unbelieving Scientists,living intelligent beings are unable to duplicate what a nonexistent ,nonliving and nonintelligent power was able to accomplish.
In other words, in their view, nonexistent, nonliving and nonintelligence is superior to existing,living and intelligent beings.
Yes,there is A God,a superior being who created us.
To believe otherwise is to discard reason and reality and succumb to insanity and unbelief.
There is one rock we believe in,Jesus Christ....And he lives
Fossilized rocks are exactly that,fossilized rocks
Our God lives and Christ Jesus is Lord.
Gibberish, drivel and absolute balderdash. I don't know anyone who says "that we owe our life and intelligence to some nonexisting ,nonliving nonintelligent power which was able to somehow,create living intelligent beings."
Your inability to extricate yourself from your belief in your god and the >personification of a non-god< indicates the depth of your delusions.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

"Your children will see what you're all about by what you live rather than what you say."

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Laong known problem with delusional mind, They take such stories and movies as reality.... Most of the delusional religious fanatics in their minds think the movies such as The Passion of the christ, Moses, the 10 commandment are reality shows on par with Cops versus actually being on par with Reno 911

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe they will... Evolution never stopped... All that's needed is a event the wipes most life on the planet and change the environment significantly and wait a few million years.... Changes in species would happen rather quickly if the environment changed drastically, The more drastic the change to more quickly evolutionary changes happen...

Give you an example...

Say the planet gets smacked with a asteroid that had an abundance of highly radioactive isotopes and caused the earth to have radiation levels 100 times today's levels.... Most life would die in the impact and over time other life would die out that could not survive the increased radiation.... But there would be some life forms that not only survive but Thrive in the new high radiation environment... The radiation would cause fast mutational process and there would be vast regions without predators that the various mutations would begin to fill all the niches .... We have no way of knowing what the results of such would be in a 100 million years... You could have 20 foot long cockroaches and 6,000 lb spiders building spaceships...
Interesting thought

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter if nobody knew how kinetic balls are made. You cannot assume something that you don't have a reason to assume. You cannot assume a deity, for example, when we have no examples or evidence for a deity.

Anything else is wishful thinking.

The watchmaker fallacy is well known. Your assertion that things are too complex to have arisen by "chance" is a fallacy. It is both a lack of imagination and an argument from ignorance.

You need to research that stuff. The whole idea of "irreducible complexity" has been completely refuted by science many times over. It is a dead end idea.
It will never be a dead idea. Science has not proven that there is no creator. Therefore science cannot prove that creations were not divinely designed or set in motion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Man, I wish you could read your own words from a rational perspective.

You are basically saying that if we don't have concrete evidence *against* something being true it means that it could be true, possibly even probable. OK. If what you're talking about is something we have experience with, such as sunrises and hurricanes, then yes. But if you are talking about magic (and these Biblical stories ARE about magic) then no. You are wrong. It is certainly NOT probable that Jesus rose from the dead, breaking all witnessed and understood limitations of living creatures. It is not probable that Noah herded up millions or even thousands of animals two-by-two onto a giant boat he built with his family.

These things are myths. They did not really happen and there is no good reason whatsoever to think they did.

By your logic I could substitute any crazy idea I wanted and be just as rational, just as likely to be correct as you are. I could say that Martians are observing Earth and planning an attack. We just can't detect them because they block all attempts to be detected. You can't prove me wrong, can you?
It all hinges on the question: is there a divine creator. If the answer is yes, very little would be impossible.

Before deciding that millions of people are idiots for claiming to have belief in a creator, I chose to seek out this creator. I received answers in ways that proved to me that there is a creator and that He is alive and aware of me.
None of this is about proving anything to you. I can't. And I shouldn't. If you want to know, you can do the exact same thing that I did, and you can receive your own answer that you won't be able to prove to anyone else.
It is supposed to be personal, between you and God. And it is supposed to take effort on your part, with your mind ready to accept whatever answer you receive, and ready to act on it even if it isn't the answer you want.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So me pointing out your hypocrisy is hypocrisy?
Unlike you, I do not condemn judging the feelings one has in a spiritual state. I think it should be open for discussion. But I did want to point out that you did judge ones feelings and thus were clearly hypocritical.
Evidently you do not even know what hypocritical means.
I see your projectionist judgemental case post, but all I read from it is "blah whining hypocrite blah hypocrite whining blah".

Wait...let me guess...Are you hosting a "how many times anyone can use the word hypocrite in the kindergarten level sandbox" contest?

YOU "WON"!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The earth we live on is but one planet of many hundreds of billions. Scientists are usually pretty good at math. If the chances were so slim, why would they say it looks to be natural? You act as if you are the first person who ever pointed this out.
So you think complex things cannot be natural? No wonder your kind invented the idea of god.
And you forget that the complex god you believe in needed no creator?
2 things:
1. Who's to say there wasn't a creator that set the laws of nature in motion and defined the boundaries?

2. When did I say the creator needed no creator? I'm the one that voiced my own personal assumption that our Father in Heaven very well could also have a Father. And so on

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Their is no logical need for faith.
What you cite is propaganda. This story became the necessity due to the lack of evidence.
Religion succeeded in making you believe faith was a noble thing.

Ok, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well mammals took over. The environment was conducive to the mammals of the day. But you could consider birds, dinosaurs of sorts. Birds fit in the new environment better than large dinosaurs.
Understanding that the climate is way different than when they roamed the earth, but I wonder why we don't have creatures the size of dinosaurs today

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>You are right. King David,when living according ti his human nature,was not a good man.
The bible makes it very plain that there is no one who is GOOD.
Christ made that very plain when he stated"There is only one who is good,,That is God.
The key here is that David confessed his sins,humbled himself befor God and was forgiven,as you well know.
And that is what the bible,old and New testament is all about.
Forgiveness. That is why Christ had to come and die on the cross.
Not only does the Bible claim that Christ is from David's bloodline,but also,the prostitute Rahab.....
Merely points to the fact that our ancestors were all sinners,bar none.....
The Bible tells it like it is,not what our corrupt human nature
thinks it should be
The Bible says the only sin he committed was the act with Uriah because of his lust for his wife. Other than that it said he was a perfect man, just the one sin.(Horrible one, yes)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Demonicrats 146,455
Marlena cox 14 min Wow 12
teresa johnson where did the thread go ? (Dec '12) 16 min I know the down low 5
The Audit 1 hr duherr 21
Is Gary Williams won the Mayors race ? 1 hr get real 14
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Flint hill bandit 26,196
where is jon jon at 1 hr curious 2
state police pulling people over on 25e. 5 hr changes 6
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 22 hr contempt 417
Stivers Center fixes Fri smokejumper 54
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs