Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142447 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Topix Idiotae plena estut tibi”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#109684 Aug 6, 2013
i agree wrote:
i hope they pass it
They won't, it's a violation of the Constitution and civil liberties. If it passes it'll end up having an injunction put on it by the courts and will end up being struck down before it can ever go into effect.

Despite whatever foolishness you choose to believe, this is not a "Christian nation", we don't follow "Christian law", and teaching religion of any sort in public schools is unconstitutional.

Simply put, Bible study is about as useful to education as a course called Twilight study where you'd study the work of Stephanie Myers as if it were real.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#109685 Aug 6, 2013
happy wrote:
School is for education about real things not about someone telling you about a book that is supposelly true but can't be proved.
It is true... People just don't want it to be! Besides... Education covers all things worth learning!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#109686 Aug 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
A big part of the reason is Oxygen... During the first part of the earths history photosynthesis was the dominate life forms... before the lands were covered with plant life the oceans where pumping O2 out for millions of years and samples show the O2 levels during the later Cretaceous & Jurassic periods had O2 levels Far above today's, at periods as much as 10 times the levels of today... With higher O2 levels insects and other animals can grow larger as the O2 is easier to metabolize ... In insect we can actually reproduce the effect in the lab with insects that breed and die fast giving us several generations in a reasonably short time frame.. In just a few generations fruit flies can be grown that are 3 to 4 times the size of normal flies by just increasing the O2 level a few percentage points...
In Insects it's due to breathing through their extremities and the O2 carrying vessels can only be so large and the only way they can get more O2 is to have a higher concentration in the gasses...
There is also a theory that Blue Whales take in O2 through the skin and developed the long ridges on their bodies to have more surface area on top of coming to the surface to breath and may be why they can achieve such sizes and remain submerged for such long periods...
Now... drop your dating conflicts, and tie it to the flood, where God's words says Lifespans were longer during that hyperbaric period!
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

#109687 Aug 6, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
And bingo. You just restated the central fallacy in your entire worldview very nicely.
Ask yourself a question: can you prove that I am not god?
The answer is no. You can't. Therefore, by your logic, anyone would be justified in believing that I am god.
Do you see the problem with your logic?
By allowing for the supernatural to be part of natural explanations you destroy any possibility of doing real work with science. The guy who carefully measures the angles, trajectories, and forces involved in sending a rocket into space would have his ideas compete with the guy who suggesting praying for the rocket to get to the moon.
"Ask yourself a question: can you prove that I am not god?"

Yes... we can, but don't have to, as you prove that with every post!

Location hidden

#109688 Aug 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It is true... People just don't want it to be! Besides... Education covers all things worth learning!
Do me a favor, pick one thing from the Bible...any one thing you want, and prove it's true. No religious double-talk like "I choose God, it's true because he's all around us" or anything silly like that. Actually prove that one thing is true.

Location hidden

#109689 Aug 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Now... drop your dating conflicts, and tie it to the flood, where God's words says Lifespans were longer during that hyperbaric period!
But, provide evidence that this was the case. "God's word" isn't proof, because God didn't write the Bible. The things in the Bible are folklore and mythology spread down through spoken traditions until someone decided to write them down.
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

#109690 Aug 6, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about land dwelling creatures.
Long houses in Norway depict T-rex type creatures intruding in their parties...
Nasty critters... they also show how to kill them...
So... this narrative of "They died out before man came on scene"
is just one evilutionist lie of many!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#109691 Aug 6, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't think they had the same advanced technological abilities to see "everywhere", as we do now.
I don't dispute great floods.
I believe they happened....there's too much evidence PROVING they did.
"advanced technological abilities to see "everywhere", as we do now."
That's another point!
When the two witnesses in Jerusalem are killed, and come back to life... how could the Whole world see it???
Only today with satellite, and internet could this be!
We are in the last days!
Hang on to your hat... it's gonna get rough, as you can tell by the mentalities posting today!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#109692 Aug 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
What ifs are part of the delusion process... There are dozens of different was of dating stuff... We test that dating methods are correct, The Basic Science used in the assorted dating methods is well understood and applies to many other scientific principles... And those assorted methods and other fields using those scientific principles verify themselves everyday in assorted experiments in labs across the world and processes used in assorted manufacturing process across the globe... If Carbon dating was bunk, which is only used for dating to around 50,000 years then your computer would not work and you would not have flat screen TV's...
"There are dozens of different was of dating stuff... We test that dating methods are correct"
There is your delusion!
How could a diamond created Millions of years ago, still have C14?
How could a rock created in a volcano yesterday read millions of years old? How could a tree be found in layers supposedly spanning a billion years... upside down???
NO! You WANT those things to be true... so bad you overlook the real truth!
That is delusion!
God is real... that is NOT delusion!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#109693 Aug 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for showing us you have no idea of the conducive conditions for fossilization to occur.
Me? Look at yourself!
Why do you find complete specimens? Because they were covered QUICKLY in a flood! The BIG Flood!
Ye of lil Understanding

Winchester, KY

#109694 Aug 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, yes, I forgot you believe mans claims of who is being told by god something with blind faith.
Moses presented commandments he made. He enforced one of the commandments on that day by murdering three thousand offenders. Moses is the god you worship, in effect. The god that murders non believers. Follow me or be put to death.
I say, give me freedom or give me death.
You forget what is inconvenient for you!
I do not believe "Man's" claims, as you do with evilution!
NO! God saved me! It just so happens... It's the same God of
the Bible!
That really upsets you!
The God you denied... is Real!
Not too late for you to seek Him in truth!

Location hidden

#109695 Aug 6, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Long houses in Norway depict T-rex type creatures intruding in their parties...
Nasty critters... they also show how to kill them...
So... this narrative of "They died out before man came on scene"
is just one evilutionist lie of many!
Tapestries from Dark Ages Britain depict heroic men fighting fire breathing dragons. Art from Japan from last week depicts tentacle monsters raping women. Just because someone drew it doesn't make it true. Are you high?
Ye of lil Understanding

Winchester, KY

#109696 Aug 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well nature does not produce cars, so man does. I get why your mind believes a god must create. We create, so you automatically assume all must be created in ways man does. Pretty simplistic assumptions. Kind of like thinking tiny men must live in your TV. I have no doubt this is why a god was invented.
Hahahaha!
And you "THINK" you are simpler than a car???
God is real!
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

#109697 Aug 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I know your god threatens to murder all men, women and children yet again. This is yet another reason I would never worship your god. I do not worship murderers, you do.
Wrong!
I thought you said you read the Bible???
Just another atheist lie I guess!
No... You get what you want!
If that is NOT to be with God... so be it!

Location hidden

#109698 Aug 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"There are dozens of different was of dating stuff... We test that dating methods are correct"
There is your delusion!
How could a diamond created Millions of years ago, still have C14?
How could a rock created in a volcano yesterday read millions of years old? How could a tree be found in layers supposedly spanning a billion years... upside down???
NO! You WANT those things to be true... so bad you overlook the real truth!
That is delusion!
God is real... that is NOT delusion!
Do you understand how radioactive decay works. Radioactive material decays at a known rate and by measuring that decay you can determine how old that material is.

Where did you even get this garbage about an upside down tree in a billion year old layer of sediment? There isn't even sediment layers that old, even though the age of the Earth is 4.6 billion years. That has been determined through radiocarbon dating, but sediment layers don't go back that far. Have you ever heard of plate tectonics?

The upper crust of the Earth is constantly moving, albeit very slowly. This is not disputable, it's fact. These layers fold under each other and the entire surface of the Earth does recycle itself over the course of hundreds of millions of years. But, even without that, the earliest Earth had a molten surface for nearly two billion years as it cooled after the period of formation and heavy bombardment.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#109699 Aug 6, 2013
Out of Area wrote:
<quoted text>
you can say anything you want ... action speaks louder than words.
I could tell you the Long story of a Papaw that uses the "S" word often... First day of school, a lil girl asked her Papaw if He knew "S" was a bad word, he told her yes, it was a bad word!
Later... she was dismayed...
He didn't get the fact, that HE uses "bad" words!
The using of Bad words is a bad action!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#109700 Aug 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to group the Noah myth and the other Great flood myth into the mass memory of human kind during the end of the last ice age... And I still have a feeling that there was a greater catastrophic event that brought the ice age to and end.. More and more the finds around the globe seem to point to a Crustal Shift.. rather than a global temp warming.. and such a shift would have been so destructive that any civilization would have been devastated and the survivors would have passed the storied along leading the the great destruction myths we have today, and a reason for megalithic structures built on global alinements...
Of course you do...
It does NOT fit your narrative!
So... everyone that Knows God is real, just has to be delusional...
Go figure!
John

Minnie, KY

#109701 Aug 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Me? Look at yourself!
Why do you find complete specimens? Because they were covered QUICKLY in a flood! The BIG Flood!
the pr lady knows all about this
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

#109702 Aug 6, 2013
Nox Aeterna wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't, it's a violation of the Constitution and civil liberties. If it passes it'll end up having an injunction put on it by the courts and will end up being struck down before it can ever go into effect.
Despite whatever foolishness you choose to believe, this is not a "Christian nation", we don't follow "Christian law", and teaching religion of any sort in public schools is unconstitutional.
Simply put, Bible study is about as useful to education as a course called Twilight study where you'd study the work of Stephanie Myers as if it were real.
No... it is NOT!
You do not want people who have more morals than you...
Hump, n kill, take from the rich because you want to sit on yer butt, and take... not give!
You are the people that Killed America!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#109703 Aug 6, 2013
Nox Aeterna wrote:
<quoted text>
Do me a favor, pick one thing from the Bible...any one thing you want, and prove it's true. No religious double-talk like "I choose God, it's true because he's all around us" or anything silly like that. Actually prove that one thing is true.
I'll prove it in one word!
I'll let you figure it out...
"Israel"!
I'll give you a clue as to where to start,
Deuteronomy 4
God talking to Moses!
It's Irrefutable!
You can choose to deny it, but it is true!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scotty Powell dealing drugs at catron square 16 min Jake 27
Paul Tate 18 min ASHLEY 15
Stephen Trace Signs 20 min yessire 26
burger kings preacher 41 min hateful people 2
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 831
Rowdy Roddy Piper Dead at 61 1 hr Princess Hey 6
Randy smith and Shelia 2 hr yes he is 16
What happened in town last night? Sat Con 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance