Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,223)

Showing posts 104,441 - 104,460 of127,968
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Golly, your cup overfloweth with false pride this morning, doesn't it?
The Latin quote was fine unless you tried to translate it from French. The US borders more than 2 counties. You forget the Caribbean - and the majority to the north speak English, not Quebecian.
Why thank you lol.

Do territories actually count as separate countries though?
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Speak English dude. I do not know what in the hell this babble is.
Wonder where Proven Science has been hiding. LOL
Mike, you do know Proven Science is female. Well we will just call her a dude'ette' lol

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of stuff like integrity, credibility etc-
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/31...
(What a t-total jerk-holding out "anonymous, unsecured" servers, for anyone to post anything. Not quite sure who's the bigger jerk-the presenter of snake oil on a platter Assagne, or the duhmmy that dumped the stuff.)
No ethics whatsoever.
I have seen many studies on who is in prison and claims religion. Obviously most prisoners cannot be atheist because not that many atheists are in America.
The main point stands, religion is not a magic bullet to morality, nor is atheism.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder where Proven Science has been hiding. LOL
Mike, you do know Proven Science is female. Well we will just call her a dude'ette' lol
Seeing as how she does not use a consistent name makes for much confusion. Ironic how she claimed it simplified things.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
Those who believe in 'evolution' are as a Chinese commercial says "Is a whacky nu-nu"
Oh, so all the scientists and scholars are the whacky ones and the religious fanatics are all correct about nature, even though they do not study nature?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! When you know the truth... why let your lies muddy it up?
You'll curse yourself soon for not listening because yours is shut up tight...
Oh, I am so scared of your veiled threats.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously never experienced that particular type of moment then, or you wouldn't be so crass and clueless about it, because there's absolutely no physical alteration of any kind, or none of thought either...just an actualized internal presence of well being.
And quite frankly, who are you, or I, to judge something like that, that of which belongs to only ones self. It's something that can't be bought, thieved, borrowed or taken from anyone else, it's just something that anyone has to find for themselves.
So having said that, I now shall ask YOU-based upon your reply, ss demeaning how you always approach discussing things you're possibly unfamiliar with?
That type of thing doesn't work on everybody-some can see right through that...and some might call it just being arrogant and condescending.
Is that the first time you've heard those words?
First, how can you speak for all of what that feeling, feels like?
Second, I have felt this emotion towards what I believed. I was once very religious. The feeling I had did affect my body and mind. But does this feeling mean a god is real or does it just mean my belief was real? I think the latter is so. The mind is a powerful thing and belief can power ones thoughts and feelings.
If I could convince myself that a tree was a higher power, the thought of said tree could evoke emotions that are of that in which we are speaking.
The fact you cannot understand this is how the brain works only makes me believe all the more that you guys are in an ignorant delusion.
To answer your question of who I am, I say a person who understands the brain due to study.
There might be a less demeaning way to present this concept, but I doubt you would be any less offended no matter how it was presented.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cherry pickers of any sort get the pits, just like anyone else, and when that fact is not presented decently and kindly, with out regard of and for others- you fail on decency in humanity.
So you cannot show evidence of your charge? I see.
Diversion in order to stay in delusion is the theme all believers here use consistently.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cherry pickers of any sort get the pits, just like anyone else, and when that fact is not presented decently and kindly, with out regard of and for others- you fail on decency in humanity.
Again, just what are atheists cherry picking?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you asketh just a little tooo much of one person there now lol.
I think the bible asks to much. Specifically, belief in something that is not shown, god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya you do.
There's no such thing as perfect world...just look how hard it is for the world to even have peace.
Do I claim a world can be perfect? Absolutely not, in fact I just argued with you that Utopia cannot exist in any world. All I asked of you is to write in English, and stop with the baby talk, gibberish. It does not make for simplicity.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>First, how can you speak for all of what that feeling, feels like?
Second, I have felt this emotion towards what I believed. I was once very religious. The feeling I had did affect my body and mind. But does this feeling mean a god is real or does it just mean my belief was real? I think the latter is so. The mind is a powerful thing and belief can power ones thoughts and feelings.
If I could convince myself that a tree was a higher power, the thought of said tree could evoke emotions that are of that in which we are speaking.
The fact you cannot understand this is how the brain works only makes me believe all the more that you guys are in an ignorant delusion.
To answer your question of who I am, I say a person who understands the brain due to study.
There might be a less demeaning way to present this concept, but I doubt you would be any less offended no matter how it was presented.
I had that feeling before also, but I blamed the schrooms....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
You almost did okay-till you got to your last line, "child"(ish)...then you blew it. Perhaps that's why you're sad?
How about just sticking with stating you have issue with those who (in your opinion) want the topic of evolution removed from schools, as well as certain discriminatory practices.
I understand, it might burst YOUR little delusion of more enlightened than thou-but in MY world, there's LOTS of enlightened people. I just choose to appreciate them, rather than denigrate them.
Now having said that, I believe I might have a problem with Science NOT being taught in schools as well, ESPECIALLY if "EVILution" was being wormed in in place of it. Oh absolutely then..please DO return the actual ethical academics of SCIENCE to classrooms everywhere, and boot the "evilution" to the curb for garbage pick up, where it belongs!!!
Peoples personal preferences in such matters, in my opinion, should be kept at just that; Personal preferences, no matter what they are, respected as such, so long as they are not harming others.
THAT is what makes up the differences in decent and civilized societies, versus depraved and animalisTic, no matter the preferences.
So you are also against evolution in schools? Then my last sentence was not out of place after all.
No wonder you see religion as harmless, as you are one of those trying to harm education. Harming education is harming others in my opinion.

I argue with the root of problems, and in this case it is religion. Don't like it? To bad, I don't like your guys fight against evolution teaching in schools. I don't like your fight against homosexual equality. I don't like a whole lot of things you guys do in the name of your faith.
You see, you and I have a different view of what is civilized. I see civilized as allowing for more equality, not less. I see civilized as teaching what science finds. Evolution is what science has found.
I see treating homosexuals as evil is animalistic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I had that feeling before also, but I blamed the schrooms....
Well many societies use such substances to help get in touch with god, and that feeling associated with it. Some chant to help bring it on, some dance in rhythms. Whatever it takes to get in trance.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I PERSONALLY think the Bible speaks of believing in something BETTER, than condemnation and damnation of others.
WAY better than that dark age, witch hunting level garbage. I wouldn't want to have to be anywhere near anything like that either...finding it to be rather toxic and poisonous.
In the eyes of the reader eh?:-)
Yes, I agree it is usually in the eye of the reader and not a single thing to do with a holy ghost. Thanks for making my point.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just goes to show anyone, how ignorant it REALLY is to judge anyone based on some damn dumb label lol.
And just who is judging upon a label? I see a lot of Christians here doing just that.
In fact the whole point of the list posted was to defend atheism, not indict religion. In case you have been missing the latest round of arguments, Curious has been on a mission to indict atheism as bad.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think they aligned the stats in accordance to known population percentages, NOT in prison? I did NOT see that, therefore, I would say that's only HALF of a truly complete, semi accurate, statistical report.
(you know...kind of like that same theory of looking at something with in just a few hundred square miles versus a few million square miles, when comparing probabilities....)
You gets an incomplete on that one lol.
You mean like citing a study on a bunch of old people with medical problems? I agree.
I have found no stats that show believers are criminals or bad people any more so than atheists or vice versa. That is the point.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well many societies use such substances to help get in touch with god, and that feeling associated with it. Some chant to help bring it on, some dance in rhythms. Whatever it takes to get in trance.
Yup... But I knew it was the schrooms afterward... and during...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup... But I knew it was the schrooms afterward... and during...
Naaah,Those are the symptoms experienced by an Atheist when they consume the contents of their stills...
Yiagio can tell you about that.
He has confessed to ingesting bad liquor while watching movies with his friends.
And yes,,,,Birds evolved from dinosaurs;
It's fashionable today to claim that birds evolved from dinosaurs, although again, there is little agreement on which dinosaur lineage was ancestral to birds. The claim persists in spite of the fact that birds and dinosaurs differ markedly. Legs must become wings and scales must become feathers. Dinosaurs had solid bones, yet bird bones are hollow. Reptilian dinosaurs were likely cold blooded while birds are warm blooded with an extremely high metabolism. Dinosaurs had lungs similar to mammals, while the bird's breathing scheme is totally different. At least dinosaur eggs were similar to birds eggs
Any birdbrain can attest to that inane opinion
Necessity is the mother of invention and there are those who need to invent the unbelievable in order to justify the ludicrous

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaah,Those are the symptoms experienced by an Atheist when they consume the contents of their stills...
Yiagio can tell you about that.
He has confessed to ingesting bad liquor while watching movies with his friends.
And yes,,,,Birds evolved from dinosaurs;
It's fashionable today to claim that birds evolved from dinosaurs, although again, there is little agreement on which dinosaur lineage was ancestral to birds. The claim persists in spite of the fact that birds and dinosaurs differ markedly. Legs must become wings and scales must become feathers. Dinosaurs had solid bones, yet bird bones are hollow. Reptilian dinosaurs were likely cold blooded while birds are warm blooded with an extremely high metabolism. Dinosaurs had lungs similar to mammals, while the bird's breathing scheme is totally different. At least dinosaur eggs were similar to birds eggs
Any birdbrain can attest to that inane opinion
Necessity is the mother of invention and there are those who need to invent the unbelievable in order to justify the ludicrous
The Raptor class of Dino's had Hollow Bones, Wish Bones and feathers.... Back to school, you could use some....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 104,441 - 104,460 of127,968
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min American Lady 144,876
KC Basketball Coach 2 hr KC Fan 55
3 family yard sale 3 hr yard sale 2
Barbie Carpenter 6 hr really 6
Going to be rich in a day or two.. 7 hr Truthful 3
Who wrecked out route 6 8 hr Stick 3
Hobby Lobby ruling!! 10 hr bam 12
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 10 hr Fillus 382
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs