Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 159393 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#109358 Jul 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Magic???
You mean like the Magic of and explosion creating order???
How many houses have you seen built WITH Dynamite?(0)
You mean the Magic of Information in DNA to construct the
irreducible complexities of bacterial flagellum?
You mean the Magic of Life coming from Non-Life?
Or...
Do you mean the Magic of a Demonic force causing Millions
of people believing Lucy was your ancestor???
There are MORE lies in your Books, than mine!
Besides... If I was delusional... Don't wake me up,
because My end has a Hope... yours never had!
Still Praying for ya!
I understand since you don't understand the science it seems like magic to you... Just like some kid that watches Cris Angel float in the air or slide a quarter under his skin might be amazed and stunned at the magic, but those that study it know their is no Magic involved, all can be explained within the simple laws of ordinary physics and some psychology ....

No I was speaking of actually Magically turning water into an alcoholic beverage without the required sugar, fruit, fermentation process... Actually walking on the surface of water without wires and underwater clear planks, Actually producing food for hundreds from a couple of fish and a loaf of bread without a stash under the false basket bottom... And the dozens of other claims to Magic stated over time... Magic is doing something Super naturally that Actually breaks the laws of Physics ... None of the mentioned scientific theories do that, therefore they are not Magic, just beyond your knowledge base....
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109359 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The bible was written by man. Can you say something that does not contradict just once in your life?
Yes I can...
Your books was written by men too!
I might ad... Men that don't like God!
I know God is real....
If He slays me, yet I will follow Him!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109360 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>They can study whatever they want. Ever heard of a church? Do you see us wanting them outlawed?
yes... your kind cannot stand righteousness,
and they do whatever they can to squelch the Truth!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109362 Jul 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Responding in the book The Irrational Atheist to criticisms that religion is harmful, Theodore Beale argues that religious individuals tend to be happier and healthier, more likely to have children, and more sexually satisfied than non-religious individuals.[84] There is substantial research suggesting that religious people are happier and less stressed.[85][86] Surveys by Gallup, the National Opinion Research Center and the Pew Organization conclude that spiritually committed people are twice as likely to report being "very happy" than the least religiously committed people.[87] An analysis of over 200 social studies contends that "high religiousness predicts a rather lower risk of depression and drug abuse and fewer suicide attempts, and more reports of satisfaction with sex life and a sense of well-being,"[88] and a review of 498 studies published in peer-reviewed journals concluded that a large majority of them showed a positive correlation between religious commitment and higher levels of perceived well-being and self-esteem and lower levels of hypertension, depression, and clinical delinquency.[89][vague][90] Studies by Keith Ward show that overall religion is a positive contributor to mental health,[91] and a meta-analysis of 34 recent studies published between 1990 and 2001 also found that religiosity has a salutary relationship with psychological adjustment, being related to less psychological distress, more life satisfaction, and better self-actualization.[92] Andrew E. Clark and Orsolya Lelkes surveyed 90,000 people in 26 European countries and found that "[one's own] religious behaviour is positively correlated with individual life satisfaction.", greater overall "religiosity" in a region also correlates positively with "individual life satisfaction". The reverse was found to be true: a large "atheist" (non-religious) population "has negative spillover effects" for both the religious and non-religious members of the population.[93] Finally, a recent systematic review of 850 research papers on the topic concluded that "the majority of well-conducted studies found that higher levels of religious involvement are positively associated with indicators of psychological well-being (life satisfaction, happiness, positive affect, and higher morale) and with less depression, suicidal thoughts and behavior, drug/alcohol use/abuse."[94]
Great post, so it will go in their "Denial Pile"...
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109363 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Seeing as how you cannot articulate a full argument or present evidence, I will just ignore your broad stroke accusation as it would take to many assumptions to debate.
I picture a lil kid with his fingers in his ears
chanting "It ain't so, it ain't so...."
Hahahahahaha

London, KY

#109364 Jul 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Science says you are wrong;
Bird-From-Dinosaur Theory of Evolution Challenged::
Feb. 10, 2010 — A new study just published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences provides yet more evidence that birds did not descend from ground-dwelling theropod dinosaurs, experts say, and continues to challenge decades of accepted theories about the evolution of fli
A new analysis was done of an unusual fossil specimen discovered in 2003 called "microraptor," in which three-dimensional models were used to study its possible flight potential, and it concluded this small, feathered species must have been a "glider" that came down from trees. The research is well done and consistent with a string of studies in recent years that pose increasing challenge to the birds-from-dinosaurs theory, said John Ruben, a professor of zoology at Oregon State University who authored a commentary in PNAS on the new research.
The weight of the evidence is now suggesting that not only did birds not descend from dinosaurs, Ruben said, but that some species now believed to be dinosaurs may have descended from birds.
Almost 20 years of research at OSU on the morphology of birds and dinosaurs, along with other studies and the newest PNAS research, Ruben said, are actually much more consistent with a different premise -- that birds may have had an ancient common ancestor with dinosaurs, but they evolved separately on their own path, and after millions of years of separate evolution birds also gave rise to the raptors. Small animals such as velociraptor that have generally been thought to be dinosaurs are more likely flightless birds, he said.
"Raptors look quite a bit like dinosaurs but they have much more in common with birds than they do with other theropod dinosaurs such as Tyrannosaurus," Ruben said. "We think the evidence is finally showing that these animals which are usually considered dinosaurs were actually descended from birds, not the other way around."
Another study last year from Florida State University raised similar doubts, Ruben said.
You might want to read that a few times... As it is flawed on it's face owing that there are even today several Flightless birds... And it also states that Birds would have that birds may have had an ancient common ancestor with dinosaurs... So this one study, which is in disagreement with many other studies, just says that the branch off of the birds was a bit further back that first thought...

It says that Birds and Dinos had a Common Ancestor and evolved in to the raptor line and other along other evolutionary paths ... I say that started happening around 100 million years ago , this study say it may have been 200 million years ago... big Whoop... Exact Same Outcome... Birds today were what we called Dinosaurs in the fossil record before the big rock hit us....

London, KY

#109366 Jul 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Let's use your Logic when we ask about transitional fossils... shall we?
(Just because you haven't found any... doesn't mean there aren't any!)
I would say... Everest was under water, and only grew after the waters subsided, all the smaller critters drowned quickly, and mankind fought hard to survive, climbing trees, hills, grabbed boats, and logs, and maybe floated for days!
We've found ruins, with dead peoples bones scattered all over, and artifacts found in coal layers dated by shady means to say they're older than they are!
Genesis 6 is the story of Noah... read it!
We are far worse today... we all deserve punishment!
Thank God for Jesus!
We have found millions of transitional fossils... Every Fossil is a transitional fossil.... Just as Every Living Critter is a transitional critter....
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109367 Jul 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
horsey Puckey Doo Doo... Lizards lay eggs, Turtles lay eggs, Dinosaurs Laid eggs, Birds of all types lay eggs, Humans Have eggs.... Eggs predate Chickens by 100's of millions of years.... It's totally irrational to say chickens came before the egg when we have fossilized eggs that date back 270 million years....
Read it slowly this time!
"Scientists determined that the chicken had to come first,
because only a chicken can lay a chicken egg"
Now... did that chicken have to wait LONG before finding a mate???
No... the was another chicken at the Time of creation...
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109368 Jul 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
To Carry on the thought....
The Chicken evolved from one of the raptor lines of dinosaurs that were laying eggs 65 million years ago and when a big rock smacked this ball of dirt and water.... They continued to evolve into little humming birds and giant Terror Birds of the long past, they evolved into Cardinals and Finches and Road Island Red's... Before they were called Chickens what they were was laying eggs....
So you say, or was it some other hater of God???
We'll blame the OTHER guy, as I suspect you think there is something out there, and you don't want to loose face w/ your friends... LOL
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109370 Jul 31, 2013
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Self awareness of ones OWN faults and imperfections, can be a wonderful thing eh YaA?:-)
"But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience"
(Luke 8:15).
James 4:8
"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you
sinners, and PURIFY your HEARTS, you double minded."
•
Psalm 51:3, 10 & 17
"For I acknowledge my transgressions; and my sin is ever
before me." "Create in me a CLEAN HEART , O God, and renew a right spirit within me." "....a broken and a contrite HEART, O God, you will not despise.
Amen! God Bless you :-)
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109371 Jul 31, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be one of those semi-intelligent "intellectuals" like the Beck/Palin teabaggers.
We don't live in a Democracy, we have a representational government - aka "Republic." (I guess you glide over that part in "...and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands....") You don't have to like those representatives, the majority does at election times. When the majority is a DUHm as 6,000 year old rocks herd of Faux news xtian sheep, we get the brainless perspectives of creationists on the science councils and school boards.
"representational government - aka "Republic"
Hmmmmm? Makes me wonder WHY prop 8 was overturned, as we had MORE
representatives for it???
System needs purged of un-righteousness!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109373 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I am so scared of your veiled threats.
Threat????
No! I'm just telling you the Bridge is OUT!
If you do not stop... that's ONLY on you!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109374 Jul 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand since you don't understand the science it seems like magic to you... Just like some kid that watches Cris Angel float in the air or slide a quarter under his skin might be amazed and stunned at the magic, but those that study it know their is no Magic involved, all can be explained within the simple laws of ordinary physics and some psychology ....
No I was speaking of actually Magically turning water into an alcoholic beverage without the required sugar, fruit, fermentation process... Actually walking on the surface of water without wires and underwater clear planks, Actually producing food for hundreds from a couple of fish and a loaf of bread without a stash under the false basket bottom... And the dozens of other claims to Magic stated over time... Magic is doing something Super naturally that Actually breaks the laws of Physics ... None of the mentioned scientific theories do that, therefore they are not Magic, just beyond your knowledge base....
Hahahahaha...
It ONLY Proves you "believe" what a man tells you to believe!
I believe what God Himself tells me...
I'm telling you... seek Him yourself, and I pray you find Him!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109375 Jul 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
We have found millions of transitional fossils... Every Fossil is a transitional fossil.... Just as Every Living Critter is a transitional critter....
Whatever you want to believe...
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109376 Jul 31, 2013
You all have a Great evening, may you all have a
"God" experience soon in your lives, and
open eyes, and heart to know it!

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#109377 Jul 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>yes... your kind cannot stand righteousness,
and they do whatever they can to squelch the truth!
The Catholics and the LDS have the TRUTH. They believe in evolution but with Gods help. That said, do you have a problem with Catholics and LDS accepting the TRUTH? Thanks to science and research to finally lead these churches unto TRUTH.

I would like you to come to the TRUTH also, by accepting evolution. Now repent your harsh mockery of atheist posters who have done nothing more than refute religious dogma that you want them to believe.

Evolution and science taught in schools is Gods will so others can come to the TRUTH. It would be a blasphemy to speak against the TRUTH.

Did you know that Brigham Young said that ADAM is Jesus daddy? Now pray to ADAM thru his son Jesus Christ to have the Holy Ghost bring you to the TRUTH.

By the way has anyone heard from the Crazy Indian poster lately?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#109378 Jul 31, 2013
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you lol.
Do territories actually count as separate countries though?
Territories like Cuba, Jamaica and the Bahamas? Then there's Russia in the opposite direction. Attu Island is closer to it than to mainland Alaska.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#109379 Jul 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>In/on... does it matter? NO!
The waters covered the earth... Fossils were created when
sludge covered the dead!
Christians are Trustworthy...
Trying to stop you guys from KILLING Babies is just one thing!
56,000,000 Babies to date... 1,000's a month die
because your god is sex!
You are out of your mind.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#109380 Jul 31, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder where Proven Science has been hiding. LOL
Mike, you do know Proven Science is female. Well we will just call her a dude'ette' lol
She doesn't keep a moniker as her own, she just tries them on to see how they fit. <shrug> They all make her butt look big.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#109381 Jul 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to read that a few times... As it is flawed on it's face owing that there are even today several Flightless birds... And it also states that Birds would have that birds may have had an ancient common ancestor with dinosaurs... So this one study, which is in disagreement with many other studies, just says that the branch off of the birds was a bit further back that first thought...
It says that Birds and Dinos had a Common Ancestor and evolved in to the raptor line and other along other evolutionary paths ... I say that started happening around 100 million years ago , this study say it may have been 200 million years ago... big Whoop... Exact Same Outcome... Birds today were what we called Dinosaurs in the fossil record before the big rock hit us....
I read it. And,,,,That is not what it said...You better read it again.
" that birds may have had an ancient common ancestor with dinosaurs, but they evolved separately on their own path, and after millions of years of separate evolution birds also gave rise to the raptors. Small animals such as velociraptor that have generally been thought to be dinosaurs are more likely flightless birds, he said.
"Raptors look quite a bit like dinosaurs but they have much more in common with birds than they do with other theropod dinosaurs such as Tyrannosaurus," Ruben said. "We think the evidence is finally showing that these animals which are usually considered dinosaurs were actually descended from birds, not the other way around."
And,if you have an issue with that article,take it up with the Scientists who are making those claims....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 min _Zoey_ 3,963
School Closings (Jan '15) 6 min Irene 4
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 28 min Doug77 1,471
Hey Ladies! 39 min me 4
Brent Ledford 1 hr Yup 6
Trump is doing great ! 2 hr completely clueless 25
Accident 4 hr Do tell 1
Missing man in artemus 6 hr Concerned Cousin 25

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web