Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148299 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#109294 Jul 30, 2013
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
This post however, was not one of them lol.(rather mired up in that labelduhm label doctrine stuff, confusing it with some sort of kumbaya majik wand and poof-"everyone in the world will agree on everything" a little bit eh? I'm kind of thinking that's not gonna happen, people aren't preprogrammed robots, remember?)
Speak English dude. I do not know what in the hell this babble is.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109295 Jul 30, 2013
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
If they're not stalking-harrassing you at your home, or stalking-harrassing you in state places..
YOU don't have to appease ANYONE (with your dialogue) either, ya know.
They're just stating their beliefs, not demanding you do this, or do that, eat your peas or else, or anything.
(THOSE that DO try and manipulate and demand UNreasonably of others like that--are the types that anyone SHOULD be concerned with..and NO, I don't see any of the ones truly professing their beliefs in GOOD faith, getting ugly or hateful with anyone.
Except for a few atheist maybe-THEN I DO see a lot of hateful, disrespectful of others things being said.
I repeat over and over, but you again fail to comprehend my beef with religion. It is not that they stalk me, or demand me to believe. My big grief with the Christian posters here is how they insist evolution be removed from schools and how they insist homosexuals be discriminated upon.
I have many beefs with religion, and I voice them regularly here, but you cannot seem to read or comprehend these words. So sad you must deny my words in order to stay in your delusion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109296 Jul 30, 2013
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
If they're not stalking-harrassing you at your home, or stalking-harrassing you in state places..
YOU don't have to appease ANYONE (with your dialogue) either, ya know.
They're just stating their beliefs, not demanding you do this, or do that, eat your peas or else, or anything.
(THOSE that DO try and manipulate and demand UNreasonably of others like that--are the types that anyone SHOULD be concerned with..and NO, I don't see any of the ones truly professing their beliefs in GOOD faith, getting ugly or hateful with anyone.
Except for a few atheist maybe-THEN I DO see a lot of hateful, disrespectful of others things being said.
The bible demands I believe. It is highly unreasonable.

BTW, much of what I speak about is defending my atheism. Why? Because the Christians here keep insisting it is evil and I should believe in god or be damned to an eternal lake of fire.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109297 Jul 30, 2013
Catholic 29267 39.164%
Protestant 26162 35.008%
Muslim 5435 7.273%
American Indian 2408 3.222%
Nation 1734 2.320%
Rasta 1485 1.987%
Jewish 1325 1.773%
Church of Christ 1303 1.744%
Pentecostal 1093 1.463%
Moorish 1066 1.426%
Buddhist 882 1.180%
Jehovah Witness 665 0.890%
Adventist 621 0.831%
Orthodox 375 0.502%
Mormon 298 0.399%
Scientology 190 0.254%
Atheist 156 0.209%
Hindu 119 0.159%
Santeria 117 0.157%
Sikh 14 0.019%
Bahai 9 0.012%
Krishna 7 0.009%
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
No logical statistical citations, no logical effort in response.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109298 Jul 30, 2013
http://www.holysmoke.org/icr-pri.htm
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
No logical statistical citations, no logical effort in response.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#109299 Jul 30, 2013
Those who believe in 'evolution' are as a Chinese commercial says "Is a whacky nu-nu"

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#109300 Jul 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now, let us get back to which came first,the chicken or the egg?
When that question was asked, you said the egg.
Scientists determined that the chicken had to come first,because only a chicken can lay a chicken egg.
horsey Puckey Doo Doo... Lizards lay eggs, Turtles lay eggs, Dinosaurs Laid eggs, Birds of all types lay eggs, Humans Have eggs.... Eggs predate Chickens by 100's of millions of years.... It's totally irrational to say chickens came before the egg when we have fossilized eggs that date back 270 million years....

London, KY

#109301 Jul 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists determined that the chicken had to come first,because only a chicken can lay a chicken egg.
If only a chicken can lay a chicken egg , then,where did the chicken come from?
To Carry on the thought....

The Chicken evolved from one of the raptor lines of dinosaurs that were laying eggs 65 million years ago and when a big rock smacked this ball of dirt and water.... They continued to evolve into little humming birds and giant Terror Birds of the long past, they evolved into Cardinals and Finches and Road Island Red's... Before they were called Chickens what they were was laying eggs....

London, KY

#109302 Jul 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If only a chicken can lay a chicken egg , then,where did the chicken come from?
And...... There were no such things as Chickens until Humans bred wild birds for domestic usage .... And what ever the birds used to breed what we call a Chicken today were laying eggs ... and they were not Chickens...
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109303 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
http://www.holysmoke.org/icr-p ri.htm<quoted text>
Speaking of stuff like integrity, credibility etc-

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/31...

(What a t-total jerk-holding out "anonymous, unsecured" servers, for anyone to post anything. Not quite sure who's the bigger jerk-the presenter of snake oil on a platter Assagne, or the duhmmy that dumped the stuff.)
No ethics whatsoever.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109304 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ha, ha, you forgot to change your name.
So? The Stupid ones know who they are...
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109305 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you divert from addressing a single point of Q's post and diverted. Guess that is what it takes to stay in denial and keep the faith. Play that broken record over and over, and keep that mind shut tight.
Yep! When you know the truth... why let your lies muddy it up?
You'll curse yourself soon for not listening because yours is shut up tight...
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109306 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>They can claim feelings, yes, so? Does it mean the feeling is of a god? Nope. "Spiritual higher order" can be the order of nature.
One might feel monsters live under his bed. Does it mean monsters live under his bed? Feelings can be deceiving. Some call this a delusion. Is this the first you have heard of this?
You've obviously never experienced that particular type of moment then, or you wouldn't be so crass and clueless about it, because there's absolutely no physical alteration of any kind, or none of thought either...just an actualized internal presence of well being.
And quite frankly, who are you, or I, to judge something like that, that of which belongs to only ones self. It's something that can't be bought, thieved, borrowed or taken from anyone else, it's just something that anyone has to find for themselves.

So having said that, I now shall ask YOU-based upon your reply, ss demeaning how you always approach discussing things you're possibly unfamiliar with?

That type of thing doesn't work on everybody-some can see right through that...and some might call it just being arrogant and condescending.

Is that the first time you've heard those words?
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109307 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Umm, you failed to show what we picked.
Cherry pickers of any sort get the pits, just like anyone else, and when that fact is not presented decently and kindly, with out regard of and for others- you fail on decency in humanity.
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109308 Jul 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! When you know the truth... why let your lies muddy it up?
You'll curse yourself soon for not listening because yours is shut up tight...
Self awareness of ones OWN faults and imperfections, can be a wonderful thing eh YaA?:-)

"But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience"
(Luke 8:15).

James 4:8
"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you
sinners, and PURIFY your HEARTS, you double minded."
•
Psalm 51:3, 10 & 17
"For I acknowledge my transgressions; and my sin is ever
before me." "Create in me a CLEAN HEART , O God, and renew a right spirit within me." "....a broken and a contrite HEART, O God, you will not despise.
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109309 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Now if you could only show a god had a darned thing to do with either one.
I think you asketh just a little tooo much of one person there now lol.
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109310 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Speak English dude. I do not know what in the hell this babble is.
Ya you do.

There's no such thing as perfect world...just look how hard it is for the world to even have peace.
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109311 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I repeat over and over, but you again fail to comprehend my beef with religion. It is not that they stalk me, or demand me to believe. My big grief with the Christian posters here is how they insist evolution be removed from schools and how they insist homosexuals be discriminated upon.
I have many beefs with religion, and I voice them regularly here, but you cannot seem to read or comprehend these words. So sad you must deny my words in order to stay in your delusion.
You almost did okay-till you got to your last line, "child"(ish)...then you blew it. Perhaps that's why you're sad?

How about just sticking with stating you have issue with those who (in your opinion) want the topic of evolution removed from schools, as well as certain discriminatory practices.
I understand, it might burst YOUR little delusion of more enlightened than thou-but in MY world, there's LOTS of enlightened people. I just choose to appreciate them, rather than denigrate them.

Now having said that, I believe I might have a problem with Science NOT being taught in schools as well, ESPECIALLY if "EVILution" was being wormed in in place of it. Oh absolutely then..please DO return the actual ethical academics of SCIENCE to classrooms everywhere, and boot the "evilution" to the curb for garbage pick up, where it belongs!!!
Peoples personal preferences in such matters, in my opinion, should be kept at just that; Personal preferences, no matter what they are, respected as such, so long as they are not harming others.
THAT is what makes up the differences in decent and civilized societies, versus depraved and animalisTic, no matter the preferences.
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109312 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The bible demands I believe. It is highly unreasonable.
BTW, much of what I speak about is defending my atheism. Why? Because the Christians here keep insisting it is evil and I should believe in god or be damned to an eternal lake of fire.
I PERSONALLY think the Bible speaks of believing in something BETTER, than condemnation and damnation of others.
WAY better than that dark age, witch hunting level garbage. I wouldn't want to have to be anywhere near anything like that either...finding it to be rather toxic and poisonous.
In the eyes of the reader eh?:-)
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109313 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
Catholic 29267 39.164%
Protestant 26162 35.008%
Muslim 5435 7.273%
American Indian 2408 3.222%
Nation 1734 2.320%
Rasta 1485 1.987%
Jewish 1325 1.773%
Church of Christ 1303 1.744%
Pentecostal 1093 1.463%
Moorish 1066 1.426%
Buddhist 882 1.180%
Jehovah Witness 665 0.890%
Adventist 621 0.831%
Orthodox 375 0.502%
Mormon 298 0.399%
Scientology 190 0.254%
Atheist 156 0.209%
Hindu 119 0.159%
Santeria 117 0.157%
Sikh 14 0.019%
Bahai 9 0.012%
Krishna 7 0.009%
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
<quoted text>
Just goes to show anyone, how ignorant it REALLY is to judge anyone based on some damn dumb label lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happen on rt11 1 hr KnowTheFacts 23
Hillary....................... 3 hr bvillain 11
Hampton funarel home what's up 4 hr Dont no 1
fred mitchell 5 hr JustMe 2
missing person kenneth allen saunders (kenny) (Nov '15) 6 hr Curious2 26
I Need A Man Tonight 11 hr Barbonrosa Figlio... 5
How can I deal with my negative views on my wif... (Jul '13) 13 hr RMJ 73
Diagnostic Review Kelly Doesnt have capacity 13 hr Beer 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance