Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148104 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#109248 Jul 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What strikes me is that you can't fathom a creator. Think of this: if there is a creator, then He also created all the laws of science. So when a discovery is made, they should thank God for the knowledge instead of trying to use the discovery to say He doesn't exist.
What strikes me is, you believers cannot fathom not having a creator.
If I claimed a creator was Thor, would you thank him for the law of gravity? Of course not, because their is absolutely zero evidence Thor or your god created anything. It is but a claim.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109249 Jul 30, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>46-4800 years ago, I wasn't there to measure the height of the mountains back then, but the clam fossils on Mt. Everest proves it was under water!
I use the Bible for my source, as it is far more Trustworthy that man!
So where in the bible does it say when the flood occurred?
Sea fossils on top of Mt. Everest does show it was once under water, but that alone does not show when it was under water. Are their any human fossils to be found on Mt. Everest to show evidence of a flood in mans time on earth? Nope. So what is your excuse for this? Their are a lot of sea animals and no land animals. Just what one would expect if the science of the day was correct, but not what one would expect if the flood story was true. If the flood story was true, one would expect to find many land animal fossils on Mt Everest.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109250 Jul 30, 2013
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real.
So you have no logical rebuttal? No surprise.

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, roughly 80% of the US population claims to be Christian, and that directly correlates to the 80% of inmates who also claim to be Christian. It has nothing to do with fooling parole boards or seeing the error of their ways though born again salvation.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109251 Jul 30, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"psychology is something atheists can turn to for help"
Like drinking a cup of water while drowning???
Turn to Christ... You get better results!
He cured my depression in about a half a second!
Sorry but that is not evidence, no more than the many who claim to be cured by psychologists.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109252 Jul 30, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not only does your postings prove the Bible, and God True...
If... You'd read the Bible, as you said...
You'd know the one word that proves God, and the Bible are true, and
that word is "Israel"!
I'll let you investigate why!
So you again divert from my points and rant on about something that has zero relevancy. Clearly your denial is strong.
How often must I prove you run from the debate before you realize you run from the debate?
Fact is, you and your faithful crew cannot provide a logical answer for the zombies running the streets of Jerusalem as the bible claims.

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Was I a day or two off? Sorry, that changes everything. I mean it really matters what day the dead all over Jerusalem rose from the grave and walked the streets. It matters what day it was so darned much, everyone decided it was not important to write about.
Diversion is a sign of denial. Denial is the key to faith.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#109253 Jul 30, 2013
tallyho wrote:
now he is a question , do Atheist send back their Xmas cards and gifts ??????????
I don't. I gleefully participate in Xmas. The fun part, that is. We decorate a tree, exchange gifts, and have a great time. All while completely rejecting any belief in a god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109255 Jul 30, 2013
tallyho wrote:
1st AMENDMENT.......... solves the issue
besides there are 20 major religions
not to count the countless sects/cults
now he is a question , do Atheist send back their Xmas cards and gifts ??????????
Why should we? I give Christmas presents out also. Not due to the claim Jesus was born on that day, because that is just a date Christians mingled up with the pagans in order to be cohesive and maybe get converts.
I also eat colored eggs on Easter because of course the Easter bunny does not have a single thing to do with Christianity.

The question should be, why do Christians still honor the god of Easter, or should I say &#274;ostre? Why do Christians still put up trees like pagans?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109256 Jul 30, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say, What he did wasn't Wrong?
NO!
But someone who supposedly read the Bible, as you say...
Shouldn't make as many mistakes in their quotes of it!
King Saul's son Jonathan was his Best friend, so much as to be his brother!
See... If your going to lie/misquote as much as you do...
how can we trust anything you say?
You can deny God all you want, but that is to your account, not ours!
So again your diversion from the question is pointing out I am not an expert on the bible?

None of this changes the fact that King David was about as moral as Saddam Hussein. If this is the sort of men you hold dear, I have no respect for your beliefs. It only makes the story look like the stereo-typical worship of theocratic dictators. Barbaric dictators. Best friend or not, having someone sent to the front lines in order to take his wife is immoral. Funny how the lineage of this wife stealing is the same line Jesus is to be from.
So if this is all meant to be, the wife stealing was meant to be.
Need I pile on about how the first child was killed as some sort of punishment? Talk about an immoral god, this tops the list. You worship an immoral murderer of children.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109257 Jul 30, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You can believe the lies of evilution all you want....
By Magic... Non-life produced Life... Go for it...
Just don't teach children that Godless Tripe!
Who claims it is by magic? Magic is something like saying a word Abracadabra and it becomes so. You know, like god spoke and it was so.

But it is not as if evolution is the claim about where life came from anyway, you are straying from the topic yet again for diversion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109258 Jul 30, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>46-4800 years ago, I wasn't there to measure the height of the mountains back then, but the clam fossils on Mt. Everest proves it was under water!
You know who was around in those days? Ancient Egyptians, and their are many records in existence today that details the years you claim the flood occurred. The record kept shows no flood occurred. They kept records before and after those dates and clearly no flood took place that you claim. Life went on there with no disruption of the sort.
In fact their are civilizations all over the planet that were not disrupted as you claim during this time.

If the flood occurred as you claim, there should be evidence. You have none. The evidence proves you wrong.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109259 Jul 30, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
The bible was written by man. Can you say something that does not contradict just once in your life?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109260 Jul 30, 2013
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's not hurting themselves or others..a lot of people have "crutches".
Moderation is always a GOOD thing then, because anything extreme, tends not to be.
Do you consider the Christian posters here, moderates? I see them as extremists and are doing things in our society that I feel is harmful. I note you continue to avoid this debate.
The "if" you cite is the point. Do you think we would be arguing this if religion was not harmful?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109261 Jul 30, 2013
why not wrote:
Why not let them study whatever they want
They can study whatever they want. Ever heard of a church? Do you see us wanting them outlawed?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109262 Jul 30, 2013
why not wrote:
Why not let them study whatever they want
First, lets teach the kids where to put question marks, then lets work on classes that teach myths.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109264 Jul 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way to prove. You have to experience it for yourself.
Most all churches have gospel truths within its doctrine. So many feel the Holy Ghost and remain in that church that they felt His influence. Not many keep asking more and more questions and keep following His promptings. It really isn't easy, so I can understand why.
"Most all"? Why not all? Are some whole churches ignoring the holy ghost? Or are most churches just following what they have been taught by others?
You can claim a ghost all day long, but the facts show no ghost need be. People tend to follow their peers and family. The facts do not dispute this.
Their are a billion Catholics that have some fundamental disagreements with Protestants. Now all this would logically be cleared up if a holy ghost existed and helped people to interpret the bible, but the facts show this does not happen at all.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#109265 Jul 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What strikes me is that you can't fathom a creator. Think of this: if there is a creator, then He also created all the laws of science. So when a discovery is made, they should thank God for the knowledge instead of trying to use the discovery to say He doesn't exist.
Science does not try to use that knowledge to say he doesn't exist... Science just tests, observes and verifies... If science ran across a single piece of evidence of a God it would produce it and plaster it all over the globe... Science does not try to prove Flying Unicorns that Poop Glitter do not exist.... Science could give a crap about something that has no evidence of it's existence....

Science only attempts to describe that which we observe... It does not try to explain Magic since there is never been an observed example of it's reality.....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#109266 Jul 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way to prove. You have to experience it for yourself.
Most all churches have gospel truths within its doctrine. So many feel the Holy Ghost and remain in that church that they felt His influence. Not many keep asking more and more questions and keep following His promptings. It really isn't easy, so I can understand why.
Of course their is no way to prove, this is why I think it is but a myth. The facts point to it being a myth. In other words, the evidence is against you, not with you.

The only similarities between the many churches are the ones that are clearly claimed in the bible. No ghost needed here.
i have a question

United States

#109267 Jul 30, 2013
Who is the media spying on? I have had several church members say that they have seen parts of their past lives broadcast on the television. Actors without any right what so ever portraying and slandering innocent peoples lives..

Something should be done about this. Maybe someone will standup against this type of slander!!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#109268 Jul 30, 2013
tallyho wrote:
1st AMENDMENT.......... solves the issue
besides there are 20 major religions
not to count the countless sects/cults
Hell no. Christmas has become a fully secular tradition. We celebrate it and I love it. It has nothing to do with Jesus. Hell, even when I was a kid going to grandparents for Christmas nobody ever talked about Jesus. Ever.

Christmas is Christian only to the extent that the name contains the word "christ".

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#109269 Jul 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Read our own comment here carefully. You begin with "if there is a creator". That's a big if. And as I pointed out in the last post lots of things are possible, but what is probable?

So far through science and reason we have solved a lot of important problems and learned the nature of many other mysteries. None of that was due to god, gods, monsters, or ghosts.

What does that tell you about the universe? Where is god in all of this?

As Q pointed out, science does not disprove god. However it damn sure hasn't found any evidence of god.

So the rational point of view is to not believe in such a thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pupinia Stewart for board of education. 51 min PUPINIA 3
Walmart 1 hr Lol 11
Brendon Gregory 4 hr HeardThat 27
gator selling his truck 4 hr Wondering 15
Next board member? 11 hr Apathetictickler 18
Hunter Brown 11 hr Chasing Rainbows 4
Justice for Retha Ross (Oct '15) 12 hr Friend 28
Board Meeting 14 hr please pineville 53
More from around the web

Personal Finance