Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 130,997

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#108853 Jul 25, 2013
Identification

Truth is authenticity. God wants people to be truthful about how they are feeling and what they are thinking. In return, God is truthful about who He is and what people need to do in order to lead a better life. God wants people to speak the truth from their hearts (Psalm 15:2). God wants you to be truthful from the inner parts of your heart (Psalm 51:6). Walking in truth is the key to repairing a divided heart (Psalm 86:11).

Significance

The Bible says that truth is very important to God. God wants you to love truth and peace (Zechariah 8:19). Truth goes hand in hand with "wisdom, discipline and understanding" (Proverbs 23:23). God commands people to "Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts" (Zechariah 8:16). The Bible says that the way to choose truth is to set your heart on God's laws (Psalm 119:30). We must follow God's laws to find truth.

Sponsored Links
Is He Cheating On You?
1) Enter His E-Mail Address 2) See Hidden Pics & Social Profiles Now!
Spokeo.com/Cheating-Spouse-Search

Considerations

Telling the truth is not always easy. In fact, telling the truth often means telling people something that they do not want to hear. However, truth is what sets people free (John 8:31), so you need to tell people the truth, whether they want to hear it or not. You should always tell the truth in a loving way (Ephesians 4:15). Jesus provided an example, saying the phrase, "I tell you the truth" around 25 times in the Bible as he shared many truths that people did not want to hear.

Benefits

The Bible says that truth offers people many benefits. Truth can protect you (Psalm 40:11). Truth can guide and lead you to God (Psalm 43:3). Truth can guide and teach you, bringing you to hope in God (Psalm 25:5). Truth has the power to set you free from the bondage of sin (John 8:31). The Bible even says that God is near to those who call on Him in truth (Psalm 145:18).

Warning

Failing to tell the truth can lead people astray. The Bible says that some people were lead astray from God as a result of others distorting the truth (Acts 20:30). Man's wickedness can suppress the truth and result in incurring the wrath of God (Romans 1:18-19). The Bible says in Romans 2:8 that "... for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/about_4598177_what-does-b...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#108854 Jul 25, 2013
SistaNoneyaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Page 1 had to start somewhere, with what info anyone had.
Kind of like line one of the BB theory.
Ever notice though-how SIMILAR they BOTH are in the concept of-
"In the beginning there WAS light".....
Fill in the blanks, best we can, as we "go" on the rest-is the best we get sometimes.
:-)
They are similar in relation to the logical deduction man might have had in that day. Light just seems to be the logical beginning. It is the beginning of most persons day.
Just as man made god in his image, the image of creation is as good as mans imagination.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108855 Jul 25, 2013
SistaNoneyaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Note: YaA used the term "evilution" not "evolution".
Yes, he hates the theory of evolution so darned much, he cannot even write the word with respect.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108856 Jul 25, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Identification
Truth is authenticity. God wants people to be truthful about how they are feeling and what they are thinking. In return, God is truthful about who He is and what people need to do in order to lead a better life. God wants people to speak the truth from their hearts (Psalm 15:2). God wants you to be truthful from the inner parts of your heart (Psalm 51:6). Walking in truth is the key to repairing a divided heart (Psalm 86:11).
Significance
The Bible says that truth is very important to God. God wants you to love truth and peace (Zechariah 8:19). Truth goes hand in hand with "wisdom, discipline and understanding" (Proverbs 23:23). God commands people to "Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts" (Zechariah 8:16). The Bible says that the way to choose truth is to set your heart on God's laws (Psalm 119:30). We must follow God's laws to find truth.
Sponsored Links
Is He Cheating On You?
1) Enter His E-Mail Address 2) See Hidden Pics & Social Profiles Now!
Spokeo.com/Cheating-Spouse-Search
Considerations
Telling the truth is not always easy. In fact, telling the truth often means telling people something that they do not want to hear. However, truth is what sets people free (John 8:31), so you need to tell people the truth, whether they want to hear it or not. You should always tell the truth in a loving way (Ephesians 4:15). Jesus provided an example, saying the phrase, "I tell you the truth" around 25 times in the Bible as he shared many truths that people did not want to hear.
Benefits
The Bible says that truth offers people many benefits. Truth can protect you (Psalm 40:11). Truth can guide and lead you to God (Psalm 43:3). Truth can guide and teach you, bringing you to hope in God (Psalm 25:5). Truth has the power to set you free from the bondage of sin (John 8:31). The Bible even says that God is near to those who call on Him in truth (Psalm 145:18).
Warning
Failing to tell the truth can lead people astray. The Bible says that some people were lead astray from God as a result of others distorting the truth (Acts 20:30). Man's wickedness can suppress the truth and result in incurring the wrath of God (Romans 1:18-19). The Bible says in Romans 2:8 that "... for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."
Read more: http://www.ehow.com/about_4598177_what-does-b...
I disagree. Sometimes telling someone exactly how you feel is better off kept a secret.
Absolutes are few in this world.

“I was born a poor, black child”

Since: Jan 07

that weren't no easy thing

#108857 Jul 25, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. Sometimes telling someone exactly how you feel is better off kept a secret.
Absolutes are few in this world.
Ain't that the truth.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#108858 Jul 26, 2013
Luke 12:2
King James Version (KJV)

2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.

Ecclesiastes 12:14
King James Version (KJV)

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#108859 Jul 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution makes absolutely zero claims of a god. Must you lie in order to promote your beliefs?
The anti-science agenda you have is why I protest your beliefs.
"makes absolutely zero claims of a god"...
Look in the mirror for a liar!
I Love science...
You protest Truth!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#108860 Jul 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I said.
Or... the desert rats created him in their image, then the father of all western urbane pacifist hippies recreated him in his.
:-) we can do this all day....
"we can do this all day"
Yes... you can, but...
You'd still be Wrong!
God is real, and your disbelief will never change that!
So... Yuck it up!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108861 Jul 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The theory needs not be complete to have truth.
"The theory needs not be complete to have truth"
Can you even hear yourself???
Keep your religion out of our schools!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108862 Jul 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, he hates the theory of evolution so darned much, he cannot even write the word with respect.
Respect? Respect what... Stupid?
No way!
I can respect the deceived, as I once was, you are!
I truly hope that changes for you, but I will not hold my breath!
It IS only a theory injected by God-haters who Think...
If I can only say God does not exist, I will forego any
punishment at the end of my God-hating life...
God IS real, and any that you've pushed away from Him...
WILL be on Your head!
God being Just... I don't want to be you!
Amen!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#108863 Jul 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is Jehovah, the God of the Old Testament. Now if you go back and read the Bible you will see these references to Jesus all over.
One example: do you understand the significance of "I Am"?
Well, see Michael Jackson looked at the man in the mirror and asked him to change his ways. God made man in his own image (mirror) and asked him to change his ways (and killed them all for not doing it).

God is Michael Jackson. If you read the OT you'll see references all over the place referring to God, therefore Michael Jackson.

You can't assert that one person is actually a different entity then go back to all mentions of that entity and claim it was prophecy. That is, in a word, nuts.

Location hidden

#108864 Jul 26, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
All that tangible "figurehead" stuff is almost irrelevent in the whole big picture of life on earth as we know per say anyway.
Due to the FACT, that Words of divine WISDOM exist (in many other books as well) for those who chose to be open minded, enlightened enough, and possess intelligence enough to LEARN from them anyway.
Who would want to "worship" anything that encompassed the MENTALity level of mindlessly bleeting on about and slobbering over anything at a velveteenage posterlicker level, when they can read, think, AND form their OWN opinions for themselves!!!!!!!!!!
I literally do not understand what you said here. But rock on, dude.

Location hidden

#108865 Jul 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Some bibles add in an extra small chapter to Mark in order to mention the supposed resurrection. It describes the tomb being empty, but no actual return and teachings latter claimed.
Mark has some miracles but far less than latter books.
Mark was written decades after the claimed Jesus was to have died. Exaggerations can come in days, minutes or even seconds after an event. In the days with no mass communications, exaggerations flourish because accountability is so poor.
Yeah, Mark is definitely far down the miracle scale compared to the others. And I love that the women who entered the empty tomb said nothing to no one. In other gospels aren't the people proclaiming everything loudly? In this one doesn't Jesus even say not to tell people about him? Or am I also remembering that one wrong?

God, I do NOT want to read the Bible again. It is a terrible piece of literature.

Location hidden

#108866 Jul 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So we are right back to what started your lame defense. You are calling Jesus a fraud, but for some reason don't like us to point it out that you are saying this. I really don't care if you think this or not, but man up to it.
I have no idea why you think this is true.

Look, we have scant little evidence that Jesus lived. We have no way of knowing which things attributed to him were genuine. So it would be fallacious for me to argue that he was a fraud. At best I can argue that our knowledge about Jesus is far too limited to say much of anything. And I can easily argue that accepting the Bible's claims about Jesus is absolutely irrational and void of reason.

Unless you can make a compelling, reason-based, evidence-supported argument for why we should believe in magic zombies.

I doubt you can "man up" to that.
SistaNoneyaBiz

London, KY

#108869 Jul 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Perfection is an impossibility. Utopia cannot exist. It is a paradox. Ironic how so many Christians think heaven is a Utopia though.
In answer to the first question, no, and I would ask why you do it so often then?
Not on this Earth, I would agree, because I do tend to realize, NOTHING of this Earth, is actually perfect.

As for life beyond here on Earth, I would not know, anymore than the next person, Christian, non-Christian or otherwise. Astronauts not included...they have valid, rational, logical speaking points in my book.
----------
“The Earth reminded us of a Christmas tree ornament hanging in the blackness of space. As we got farther and farther away it diminished in size. Finally it shrank to the size of a marble, the most beautiful marble you can imagine. That beautiful, warm, living object looked so fragile, so delicate, that if you touched it with a finger it would crumble and fall apart.
**Seeing this has to change a man, has to make a man appreciate the creation of God and the love of God.”
– James Irwin; NASA Astronaut
----------
Did you mention "Irony"?
James Irwin-

EDUCATION: Graduated from East High School,***Salt Lake City, Utah***.

He received a Bachelor of Science degree in --Naval Science from the United States Naval Academy in 1951 and Master of Science degrees in Aeronautical Engineering and Instrumentation Engineering from the University of Michigan in 1957.--
Awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Astronautical Science from the University of Michigan in 1971, an Honorary Doctorate of Science from William Jewell College in 1971, and an Honorary Doctorate from Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1972....
EXPERIENCE: Irwin, an Air Force Colonel, was commissioned in the Air Force upon graduation from the Naval Academy in 1951. He received his flight training at Hondo Air Base and Reese Air Force Base, Texas.

Prior to reporting for duty at the Manned Spacecraft Center, he was assigned as Chief of the Advanced Requirements Branch at Headquarters Air Defense Command. He was graduated from the Air Force Aerospace Research Pilot School in 1963 and from the Air Force Experimental Test Pilot School in 1961.
He also served with the F-12 Test Force at Edwards Air Force Base, California, and with the AIM 47 Project Office at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
During his military career, he accumulated more than 7,015 hours flying time, 5,300 hours in jet aircraft.

NASA EXPERIENCE: Colonel Irwin was one of the 19 astronauts selected by NASA in April 1966. He was crew commander of lunar module (LTA-8)-this vehicle finished the first series of thermal vacuum tests on June 1, 1968. He also served as a member of the astronaut support crew for Apollo 10 and as backup lunar module pilot for the Apollo 12 flight.

Irwin served as lunar module pilot for Apollo, July 26 to August 7, 1971. His companions on the flight were David R. Scott, spacecraft commander and Alfred M. Worden, command module pilot. Apollo 15 was the fourth manned lunar landing mission and the first to visit and explore the moon's Hadley Rille and Apennine Mountains which are located on the southeast edge of the Mare Imbrium (Sea of Rains). The lunar module, "Falcon", remained on the lunar surface for 66 hours, 54 minutes-setting a new record for lunar surface stay time-and Scott and Irwin logged 18 hours and 35 minutes each in extravehicular activities .....(from the arhives of NASA's Biographical data)
----------
To anyone with some actual common sense AND holding some reading comprehension, that Mr. Irwin does not exactly sound like an Ignorant, "God hating" or denying schlep huh?
Which leads right into your third question rather "ironically" was well, to which I can honestly answer, that type of thing is something I usually base on the environment, more specifically, the mentality levels in character (or LACK thereof) that I might be dealing with.

Hope that answers your questions @moi.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#108870 Jul 26, 2013
SistaNoneyaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
There sure are a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTt of TRULY intelligent people out there in the wayyyyyyyy bigger world, that often base much of what they may be studying, from things that are mentioned with in the Bible.
WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more intelligent than anything I've ever seen posted on here (INcluding my own par average semi walking around sense- Of course)
And many have stated as well, those things that they have studied (or even are CURRENTLY studying) have just given them more evidentiary reasons to actually BELIEVE, in varying mentions made with in the Bible.
And logically so. Jerusalem, the Temple Mount, and many many other ancient archeological areas, steeped in world history, are certainly, VERY REAL.
People like THAT, who can express their opinions in intelligent ways, can and do offer, such interesting and varying perspectives to read about, listen to and learn from.
Without having to demean or personally attack others.
There is an entire universe more to history than Jerusalem and Bethlehem.

Boiling down a few hundreds of your posts and hundreds of thousands of your words, all you really have to say is that your idea of a Big Bang is a Naked Archaeologist.
Yucky.
SistaNoneyaBiz

London, KY

#108871 Jul 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see some truths in the Moses story. I see how a tyrant uses the ruse of god do gain power. But when it is taught as some story of Moses being a hero, it makes me think of the Hitler youth. Murdering non believers is never the good moral story. Never. Anyone who thinks it is or was ever moral to murder due to lack of belief needs to be enlightened.
And anyone who thinks it's moral to condemn, terrorize, demean and insult others just because they might HAVE different beliefs, needs to enlightened as well.
Because that type of thing is very IMMORAL too, and usually based upon on the same FLAWS of lack of any ethical character, as well as very IGNORANT, to SOME of us anyway.
SistaNoneyaBiz

London, KY

#108872 Jul 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So if a story has a place cited in it that is of a real place, then it means what? It means it has a real place cited in it, that is all. It does not mean a single story about the city is true.
If believers could actually think for a moment some of the stories might be exaggerated, I would be relieved. But more than not, they believe the tale is perfect due to some ghost they call holy.
I have little doubt their is a thread of truth to some of the stories. Most myths have a bit of truth to them.
As does most world civ history.

Actually, in and of that realm, anyone could relate that same type of thing to oh...say POTUS's.
Like "Camelot and the Kennedys" (people and places FAR from anything "perfect", stories and perceptions from them, often SO far twisted and skewd, it's laughable)
OR
Presidents Day Stories, Tales and Legends
George Washington

The Cherry Tree (but actually perhaps NOT a cherry tree!)
George Washington

Is there a difference in the actual concept your speaking of, from subject content to subject content?

I think, not.
SistaNoneyaBiz

London, KY

#108873 Jul 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Boiling down a few hundreds of your posts and hundreds of thousands of your words, all you really have to say is that your idea of a Big Bang is a Naked Archaeologist.
Yucky.
Listen WORM, don't even pretend and kid yourself, that you would have ANY clue what I might be thinking.
Duhmmy.
That Simon guy in my book, works in and of a whole different realm of Science than Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître.

Don't you have a kaleidodoscope to conjur up some predictions and amuse yourself with or something?
SistaNoneyaBiz

London, KY

#108874 Jul 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yucky.
AND....a question for you too.

Do yew copies and pastes fer wikistoopedia...Like all over and way digressed OFF page subject material?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 10 min LIbEralS 26,262
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 12 min Where 4,489
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Cornelius Scudmister 153,075
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 30 min True Anon 5
Mellisa Collett 1 hr Pineville 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,631
Heather Cole 2 hr Realness 9
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 13 hr Limbertwig 70
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••