Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,183

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#108922 Jul 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've lied, or just being a Tard....
Which is it???
It is "I think" and the rest of the post is inconsequential. You express opinions from the viewpoint of a delusional psychotic.

Tell me, YaA. Was the Earth flooded to a depth of 15 cubits over the mountains abt. 4,500 YA?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108923 Jul 27, 2013
Atheism101 wrote:
<quoted text>
PhiNitWitTic You sPEak Of sMaLLMINDed.
!REALly! lol
The College Edjumacated DuHmmy - THE True Religious NUT.
iF BRAINS were MaDe oF CoTtOn !!!YOU!!!! wOuld Not have ENOugh TOOOOOO make A TAMPon for A GNATS ArSe.
ROFLMAO
College REJECTed PhiNitWitTic The ChamPION Of HYpocRisy and STUPIDity.
It is because of what emanates from an atheists mind and what comes out of their mouth that they have a need for toilet paper
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108924 Jul 27, 2013
uuummm wrote:
<quoted text>
"I have yet to hear anyone testify that by converting to Atheism they were able to combat their addictions or deal effectively with their mental or social problems."
Well, you just have not looked. There are lots of message boards and websites with the stories of people that have left religion and the benefits it has given them.
Unfortunately those sites are also full of people that have, or would like to come out as atheist and the rejection and pure hate they receive from people that are supposed to love and accept them. Yeah, that causes some emotional distress. But most have decided that the freedom they feel inside is worth it. They do have to work through losing their whole support system and that can be quite a challenge.
Here is one story. There are thousands of others out there:
http://www.thinkatheist.com/group/yourstory/f...
"And what's more, letting go of God helped me psychologically. I've dealt with depression most of my life, and I think a lot of it was due to guilt I felt from my religion. Getting rid of superstition helped me realize that I wasn't a bad person at all and I had nothing to feel guilty about. I could be a good person without God, and that realization was so freeing to me. Now I feel normal, and I couldn't ask for anything better than that."
Well,obviously,those people are nowhere to be found.
The number of studies that I have cited all point to unbelievers and their high suicide rate,drug and alcohol addiction and other mental maladies.
Seems to me you used those same words"have nothing to feel guilty about" under the nick "Kitten Kodder"
You lied then and are lying now..
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108925 Jul 27, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. Your delusion blinds you.
<quoted text>
As usual, it scares you to think there are really so many of us.
Keep right on denying reality, honey. You are good at it.
<quoted text>
No. As I have said before, I only post as aWitchintheWoods.
It's a great name. Why wouldn't I use it?
However it doesn't matter what I say as you will continue to live in your happy little fantasy.
<quoted text>
I don't know what happened to them.
SP's language was a bit over the top, so I suppose it could have gotten him banned but I never saw Ummm say anything distasteful.
On the contrary, his posts were very well-spoken, educated and intelligent. I miss them both though. Couple of interesting guys.
Just for the heck of it...
I went back to when SP was on this website. YOU were not posting on this website under Wich at that time...
Neither when Ummm was regurgitating nonsense.
We know you post in more than 1 nick.
So does Spektakals,Chromiuman,Iagio ,Dukettemtreebeard lol and all the other nicks you use.
A otro perro con ese hueso testa di cipolla
uuummm

East Bernstadt, KY

#108926 Jul 27, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,obviously,those people are nowhere to be found.
The number of studies that I have cited all point to unbelievers and their high suicide rate,drug and alcohol addiction and other mental maladies.
Seems to me you used those same words"have nothing to feel guilty about" under the nick "Kitten Kodder"
You lied then and are lying now..
I have never posted under that name. You found one study.

http://www.npr.org/2013/01/15/169342349/more-...

Read the stories of some of these young people.

"One-fifth of Americans are religiously unaffiliated — higher than at any time in recent U.S. history — and those younger than 30 especially seem to be drifting from organized religion. A third of young Americans say they don't belong to any religion."

Read some stories on the site below if you are really interested in how people feel about leaving religion (I don't think you are but someone else may be):

http://new.exchristian.net/search/label/Testi...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108927 Jul 27, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because atheism is a stance on the claim that a god or gods exist. It is not a 12-step program for people with addictions.
Did you not get that memo?
I can't read the rest of your post because you don't understand where to put periods, commas, and spaces. It's like trying to decipher hieroglyphs written by an insane person and then realizing the thing they wrote is not worth reading in the first place.
Here,I have spaced it out for ya,,Now you have no excuses...Stop running away from reality...It will always catch up to ya

Inasmuch as you, Duquette and the other Atheists that post on this website are unable to understand that which is written in the Bible
which you misinterpret,quote out of context and as proven recently,make claims that are false,then you should not read the bible.

You that claim that we who believe are afflicted by delusions, in case you havent't heard, scientific studies confirm that nonbelievers are afflicted by a higher rate of mental problems than those who believe,are more likely to become addicted to drugs , alcohol and more likely to become suicidial.

There are those who will attest to the fact that their belief in God cured them from their drug and alcohol addiction.

There are those who will attest that there belief in God prevented them from committing suicide..
I have yet to hear anyone testify that by converting to Atheism they were able to combat their addictions or deal effectively with their mental or social problems.

What you guys need to do is, knowing that unbelief is causing such a problem within those in your community, try and figure out some way where you can be of assistance to these poor souls.

Right now, if an Atheist has a mental problem he can wait for it to go away,call on the government or turn to a church for assistance,while those who created the problem continue spreading their poison unabated...

It is no wonder that polls show that the overwhelming majority of Americans put Atheists at the bottom of the list when it comes to trustworthiness
uuummm

East Bernstadt, KY

#108928 Jul 27, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for the heck of it...
I went back to when SP was on this website. YOU were not posting on this website under Wich at that time...
Neither when Ummm was regurgitating nonsense.
We know you post in more than 1 nick.
So does Spektakals,Chromiuman,Iagio ,Dukettemtreebeard lol and all the other nicks you use.
A otro perro con ese hueso testa di cipolla
Right, there is only one agnostic/atheist/believer in something you don't on this whole world wide forum....no wait, maybe two...!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#108930 Jul 27, 2013
SistaNoneyoBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even ever begin to think about any sort "utopia" in that sense. Why bother-it's just not realistic.
So, guess we actually kind of agree on stuff!
Then why did you bother posting about it? Of course it is not realistic, and that was my entire point. So when religious believers claim heaven is a Utopia, I point out it is not realistic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108931 Jul 27, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Here,I have spaced it out for ya,,Now you have no excuses...Stop running away from reality...It will always catch up to ya
Inasmuch as you, Duquette and the other Atheists that post on this website are unable to understand that which is written in the Bible
which you misinterpret,quote out of context and as proven recently,make claims that are false,then you should not read the bible.
You that claim that we who believe are afflicted by delusions, in case you havent't heard, scientific studies confirm that nonbelievers are afflicted by a higher rate of mental problems than those who believe,are more likely to become addicted to drugs , alcohol and more likely to become suicidial.
There are those who will attest to the fact that their belief in God cured them from their drug and alcohol addiction.
There are those who will attest that there belief in God prevented them from committing suicide..
I have yet to hear anyone testify that by converting to Atheism they were able to combat their addictions or deal effectively with their mental or social problems.
What you guys need to do is, knowing that unbelief is causing such a problem within those in your community, try and figure out some way where you can be of assistance to these poor souls.
Right now, if an Atheist has a mental problem he can wait for it to go away,call on the government or turn to a church for assistance,while those who created the problem continue spreading their poison unabated...
It is no wonder that polls show that the overwhelming majority of Americans put Atheists at the bottom of the list when it comes to trustworthiness
Ever heard of a psychologist? It is the non religious way to mental health. Some mental health problems are due to brain problems by birth. Nature does not make humans perfect.
I stopped drinking as an atheist, so your claim tells me you do not understand how to read and comprehend a study.
But for the sake of argument, lets say your claims are true. Does it mean the god you worship is true? Nope.
I do believe the last claim you made about how believers feel about non believers. So just what does this claim prove or mean to you? It tells me how believers are prejudging others as untrustworthy when they do not even know if they are trustworthy or not. This is called prejudice.
If you think this is a trait we should embrace, you only show me all the more why I should not heed your advice.
I see religion causing many problems, and we have addressed many of them here. I think it is responsible for much of the war in mans history, to top the list. It clearly was responsible for 9/11.
Yet none of these facts makes me lack trustworthiness in a religious person. You see, I judge trustworthiness depending upon how a person acts, not his general religious beliefs. I believe it is the more moral way to judge.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108932 Jul 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure about that last part. But the very fact no resurrection is mentioned should be the largest red flag to anyone who can see this.
How could a believer think the book of Mark would just leave this part out? It is the smoking bullet that is evidence of a mythical story.
Note how no believers here have debated this yet.
Denial is key to faith.
Fools and idiots need correction....
All 4 of the Gospels,which includes Mark, mention the resurrection.
Because your minds have been dulled and you are unable to see, has led you and Viagio to make foolish, unintelligible and totally lacking in credibility, absurd statements.
That you continuously misinterpret what is written in the Bible is quite obvious by your inane postings.
Viagio is living proof that Atheists are afflicted with mental disorders.....Not only him,but the other Atheist poster that accompanies you in sharing 10 monikers.
Your abilities to distort,misquote and misrepresent what is written in the Bible is more than ample proof of your deteriorating mental conditions.
Ignorance is the Key to Atheism
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#108934 Jul 27, 2013
Nephilim wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's my opinion on it. Seeing how no one wrote about Jesus until many, many years after his death, a few old guys got together and said hey, lets just act like there was a guy named Jesus. Well tell a bunch of stories and act like he fulfilled some of the OT prophesies and all these idiots will believe it because we'll promise them great things after they die.
The reason I think this is because there is no proof of Jesus existence outside of the bible. If a man actually went around performing miracles there would be all kinds of proof. If a Roman in any kind of power knew that Jesus could raise the dead then they wouldn't have killed him, they would of been kissing his ass and trying to keep him around in case they died.
interesting. you might enjoy a book - which reads like fiction, despite the author's possible intention - called The Passover Plot.

I do think that it is possible that the Jesus figure was a composite of Essenes, wandering preachers, wannabe Messiahs, and wannabe prophets, and an ethical contribution from a number of folks involved in writing and revising the texts concerning that figure. I like a few of the ethical precepts, though many are too closely tied in with nonsense theology. Matthew 25, the sheep and goats and hell part are nonsense theology, but the suggestions on specific unfortunates to whom one should be kind are still relevant.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#108935 Jul 27, 2013
I do not think all JW's would take that view. I do not approve of the Amish practice of shunning either, though I know a few nice Amish folks, just as I know a few nice JW's. Since I think there are nutcases in all religions, I don't feel comfortable with blanket condemnations of everyone in a group. Better to praise the ones in each group who try to be most ethical and least intolerant and superstitious. I would probably be on your side on many issues, however, so this is not meant as hostile.
Nephilim wrote:
Everyone who leaves the JWs are called "mentally diseased" and are to be totally avoided.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108936 Jul 27, 2013
Nephilim wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's my opinion on it. Seeing how no one wrote about Jesus until many, many years after his death, a few old guys got together and said hey, lets just act like there was a guy named Jesus. Well tell a bunch of stories and act like he fulfilled some of the OT prophesies and all these idiots will believe it because we'll promise them great things after they die.
The reason I think this is because there is no proof of Jesus existence outside of the bible. If a man actually went around performing miracles there would be all kinds of proof. If a Roman in any kind of power knew that Jesus could raise the dead then they wouldn't have killed him, they would of been kissing his ass and trying to keep him around in case they died.
The bible claims on the day Jesus was executed, the dead rose from the graves all over Jerusalem. Funny, not a word of this event was ever recorded in that day or even decade. It was not claimed in Mark. It was claimed several decades latter. Clearly not very many people believed the claim until centuries latter after Constantine made it the official religion of the Roman empire.

I would expect if Jesus came back from the dead and proved the doubters wrong, their would be a huge movement to embrace his claims immediately. But the slow growth of Christianity shows the story is more likely pure myth.
Glad to be foreign

Auckland, New Zealand

#108937 Jul 27, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your minds have been dulled and you are unable to see, has led you and Viagio to make foolish, unintelligible and totally lacking in credibility, absurd statements.
That you continuously misinterpret what is written in the Bible is quite obvious by your inane postings.
Viagio is living proof that Atheists are afflicted with mental disorders.....Not only him,but the other Atheist poster that accompanies you in sharing 10 monikers.
Your abilities to distort,misquote and misrepresent what is written in the Bible is more than ample proof of your deteriorating mental conditions.
Your theory on "christians" recovering more quickly from illness, or have a less stressful outlook on thinks in general is because they live in a state of fictional bliss and don't have a grasp of or refuse to accept life's realities. Another decscription is that Americans believe in this religion garbage because they are gullible and stupid.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#108938 Jul 27, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, the one thing in your comment which interests me is your allegation that there is "the other Atheist poster.." with 10 monikers. Do you have any suspicions as to which names go with which one? I do not use any other name, and my agnostic atheism sometimes classes with more assertive atheism. Especially a character named Skeptic and another named lol in a suit. Do you have reason to think those two are the same, or that skeptic uses other names? I find him very arrogant in his assertion that he knows (that there is no God). I strongly suspect no one knows, either way.

Disregarding the rest of your comment, and with no wish to argue with that, I am still curious about the name assertion, and what linkages you suspect.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#108939 Jul 27, 2013
clashes with, I meant. agnostic atheism is merely not believing in any god one has heard of - it does not assert that one knows there is no god, or that one has proof. A skeptic should be another name similar to agnostic atheism - but the commenter calling himself Skeptic is very sure that there is no God, and that he knows, and that anyone who is even open-minded and truly skeptical is a theist and superstitious and subject to his obscene insults. I just wish to make it clear that I repudiate this Skeptic character, though I respect true skeptics.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#108940 Jul 27, 2013
Is "christchurch" in new zealand?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#108941 Jul 27, 2013
There is no god.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#108942 Jul 27, 2013
Glad to be foreign wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theory on "christians" recovering more quickly from illness, or have a less stressful outlook on thinks in general is because they live in a state of fictional bliss and don't have a grasp of or refuse to accept life's realities. Another decscription is that Americans believe in this religion garbage because they are gullible and stupid.
Are you really in New zealand? I have seen garden shows about that country and it looks beautiful. You are right that too many Americans are believers in one religious susperstition or another. However, there are centrist and even liberal believers who emphasize ethics, and do not promote the most vicious elements of fireand brimstone hellfire type Christianity. And there are plenty of skeptics among Americans also. More than speak out openly, since some of the rightwing nutcases are dangerous, and gunlovers.

Even if having a certain belief had pragmatic results that please people, it would not mean the belief is true.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108943 Jul 27, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I looked it up and it does have mention of it. I am man enough to admit a wrong.

Now if you truly believe the claims, then are you going to test the claims? Do you drink poison and heal the sick daily? If not, why?

Mark 16:14-18

English Standard Version (ESV)
The Great Commission

14 Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. 15 And he said to them,“Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pullets and cocerels for sale, adult Buff Orpin... (Jun '13) 4 hr Deena 4
Pamela Hatfield, Michael Ramey, Brad Combs 4 hr Mother of the Year 1
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 5 hr Butter bean 23
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 7 hr crazy 227
teena Marie mills 8 hr infoman 9
Cody Carnes 8 hr Proof 7
Emily Collins 10 hr john 3
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating