Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,039

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#108594 Jul 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
Do you think ALL of us cannot understand complex thoughts???
How about the Micro biologists that have turned from atheism to ID believers???
I'd say... they understand more than you!
God's real!
snuggle up to that fact... you will be glad you did!
Well you are no micro biologist, nor simply believe in ID, so I do not understand why you use this for comparison?
ID does not automatically discount evolution either, which you do. You are a creationist.
Lets just get the facts straight, then debate them.
Is this to complex of a concept for you? If not, show us you can understand it, don't just claim to understand it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108595 Jul 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting....
Everyone will know the answer to that...
But I wonder... ALL the NDE's, and stories of God, n Heaven...
Why take chances? Even if God didn't show up, and save me...
I think I'd error on the side cautiousness!
Why not just cover all the bases and believe in all the gods ever conceived?
Are you not taking a chance that Mohammed might be the one true prophet? Maybe Joe Smith was the one.

I am sure the 9/11 hijackers believed as you and did not take chances doubting what they were told.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108596 Jul 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Ask Him when you see Him!
I doubt... that question will be on your mind...
And here is where the denial to be a skeptic of your beliefs come to play.
If you cop out on the questions at this point, please do not insist the scientific hypothesis's have no logic or plausible likelihoods.

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did your god come from?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108597 Jul 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My limited understanding cannot fathom how nothing can create something out of nothing.
To me,that is illogical and nonsensical.
Neither am I able to comprehend or explain how something"God" can have always existed.
But,the WORD OF GOD says" If you diligently seek me,you will find me.
Reluctantly,but,wanting to find out for myself,I tested God's word...
Through a series of events that occurred in my life,it became evident to me that God is real,and will reveal himself to those who seek him,as he promised.
I was not coerced,not delusional,brainwashed,did not hear voices,was not afraid of death,was not looking for a reward,eternal life or any such thing..
The events that occured in my life convinced me that someone was listening and responding to my prayers..
Thereby,my Faith....
To those who do not believe,my faith is nonsense.
To me,knowing what I experienced to be real,gives a totally different meaning to my life....
Well first get the actual argument straight. The debate from an atheist need not claim something came from nothing because no one can yet know if an absolute nothing ever was the state of things. As I have explained many times but you refuse to acknowledge, the hypothesis of Stephen Hawking's postulates that energy likely always existed. Thus absolute nothingness is just a relative term and not absolute.

It seems strange to me that you acknowledge the idea of a god coming from nothing or needing no creator does not exactly make sense, yet you keep insisting other hypothesis must make sense to you or else they are not true.

These concepts can be difficult to comprehend and I really do not expect average Joe to think about them enough or learn the facts enough to understand them.

I get you believe in god due to perceived occurrences. But I have seen studies of how flawed the human perception can be concerning these things. Humans naturally remember the positive events versus negative ones at a steady rate. So it is reasonable to assume you do as most humans do naturally.

What really leads me to believe you are deluded is the fact you keep ignoring my posts about this. It shows the consistent denial needed to stay in delusion.
It is not only you who does this, but it is every single regular religious poster on this thread.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108598 Jul 21, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, the Pentecostal version of the gift of tongues I think was to demonstrate the power of God to a large group of people. I don't see why this would be necessary now. And it certainly wouldn't have a place in a worship service with a group of people that already believe.
Of course some missionaries would have prior language experience in some cases. Kids start learning Spanish in kindergarten now. But I do have to say that a friend of mine learned Mandarin Chinese in under 4 weeks before his mission and he was not a good student in high school. I was impressed.
Do you believe the tower of Babble story? Do you believe different languages are due to god causing confusion among the people as this story claims?
This whole concept makes no sense to me. Now it sounds like you think god is magically making some speak in tongues to lower the confusion.
First, why would god intentionally try to make the people confused?
Looking at any map of differing religious populations we can see the language barrier could be a large reason for the differing religions. Thus if god wanted all to be of one religion, it defies logic to think he would put in place any road blocks to this goal.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108599 Jul 21, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
My logic is flawed?
You would rather me think Jesus was crazy than think you believe He was a fraud?
Hope you remember Bill Cosby's old standup routine with God and Noah when I say:
Riiiiiiiiiiggggghhhtt
And you wonder why we keep accusing you of avoiding answering our questions.
You have a really hard time giving a straight answer.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108600 Jul 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Heat a rock, and water (sterilize them), and put them in a jar, set it in the sun, zap it with all the volts you want...
At the end of the day... you've got no Life!
Don't give me that crap about Billions of years crap, or I'll
give you that "So you say, but cannot demonstrate" crap!
Look! I like you, you seem to be one of the smartest on here...
You seem to know right from wrong, moral, and immoral!
From the microscope, to the telescope, we've searched the
mysteries of God, and it is the enemy that makes us blind to the truth...
Does it not bother you, the mindless narrative of Godless men
claiming things they cannot prove, and yet, God is a Prayer away!
95% of dating methods point to a young earth, and they push the old earth, because, if the enemy can keep you ignorant of God, or twist a church to think Gay clergy is A-ok with God, and
Killing babies like cattle in the slaughter house...
Sick Dying world we live in... I know you can see it!
Blessed day to you, and yours!
No,we cannot demonstrate what a billion years of nature can do. But we do not claim we know for sure this is how life started. At least I don't. I say it sounds plausible.

Now you claim god did it with absolute certainty, but you cannot show.
See the stark difference?

And your claim about 95% of dating methods pointing to a young earth is a compete lie. I thought lying was considered a sin to you? Maybe you think it is the truth, so that is your loophole.
doogie

Columbia, KY

#108601 Jul 21, 2013
religious literacy wrote:
this could be a good thing for the state of Kentucky - there needs to be some structure around how people teach religion in our schools.
In your scenario, does this include all the Christian sects or just the one you subscribe to? Does it also include Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Atheism?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108602 Jul 21, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No stories of Jesus show anything other than the blasphemy charge.
Well blasphemy was grounds to execute, just as Deuteronomy 13 6-10 demands.
So the story about the table throwing in the temple couldn't have anything to do with this? What the charges were and what the motives are do not always have to be the same. Have you never heard of a trumped up charge?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108603 Jul 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>White on black murders... 4%
Black on white murders... 8%
Black on Black murders... 42%
White on white murders... 46%
Do you know what this tells me?
People are NOT following what Jesus tried to teach...
Bring Jesus back into America, and KEEP Him there!
Obviously most of these people cannot be atheists, so what is your excuse for the believers not doing what Jesus promoted?
If you believe in the Jesus, why would you defy the Jesus? Seems belief does not translate to doing good as much as you keep insisting it does.

I think teaching other reasons for good morality might be in order. Clearly the veiled threats of hell are not a satisfactory deterrent.

Not that I believe any of the stats you post without a link.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#108604 Jul 21, 2013
its obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been deceived. The day will come in which you will regret these very words.
Wow. That is sooo scary. I wonder if I will be able to sleep tonight.
Hmmmmm....
Nah. I'll snooze like a babe.
You can't scare me with your delusion.
thank god

United States

#108605 Jul 21, 2013
Please thank god for everything. It may make ur life better. Tell him your troubles and ur life may get better...

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#108606 Jul 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text> <editted for nonsense>
As you know,many of your children,raised as atheists, once they reach adulthood,convert to believers...
Don't know about your "survey" but my own son is 42 and still an atheist.

In fact, of all the pagans and atheists that I know, ALL of their children (young, teenage and adult) are non-Christians.

Some may go to church with a friend out of curiousity, but they know BS when they hear it.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> <editted for more nonsense>
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108608 Jul 21, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know about your "survey" but my own son is 42 and still an atheist.
In fact, of all the pagans and atheists that I know, ALL of their children (young, teenage and adult) are non-Christians.
Some may go to church with a friend out of curiousity, but they know BS when they hear it.
<quoted text>
Do not fret over your son's unbelief. He still has time.
If he fails to realize the error of his ways,we can hope that his chidren will break the curse of unbelief.
BTW your self serving statements make you appear even more foolish.
We know that an unbeliever does not attend a religious service out of curiosity.
It is very likely that the unbeliever is there looking for answers to the BS he /she has been fed by Atheists.
Possibly,the unbeliever has read the studies that have concluded that unbelievers have a higher rate of mental and emotional problems,are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol and more likely to commit suicide.
Knowing that unbelief is the cause of those problems,they are probably looking to save their families from such a fate...
After all,if one really loves their family,you really want the best for them

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#108609 Jul 21, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in good guys and bad guys. I'm a grown man.
The frequent cases of kids being shot because Dad or Gramps are too stupid to unload their guns and hide them lead me to think your point is not so compelling.
Don't get me wrong. I enjoy shooting. I don't have a problem with people owning and shooting guns. But don't carry your f*cking gun to Wal Mart. Give me a break.
I don't Believe in Good guys and Bad Guys... I Know from 60 years of personal experience there are Good Guys and Bad Guys... and some that are varying amounts of each.... There are people that would have no better fun than to find you and your family out and about, tie you to a tree while they scoop you child's eye balls out and force feed them to you wife while they rape her with a red hot poke and cut your eye lids off so you have to watch... If you don't thing such bad guys exist, you are living a delusional life....

I carry a side arm where ever I go just in case the day ever comes when folk like you become a victim....

http://youtu.be/23uPQgaJ24Y

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#108610 Jul 21, 2013
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
the bible has no power at all. and it most certainly does not create faith in an atheist, you fail to understand what an atheist is. you are confusing it with the fact that children are born without faith or the ability to reason and question the authority of parents and teachers. they are not capable of rationally arguing for or against religion in any way. therefore they are prime targets for indoctrination, convince them that your version of religion is truth, and by the time they are old enough to question, they will be reluctant to accept anything else. an atheist has already dismissed such nonsense as religion and superstition, already found faith to be useless.you imply that atheists are simply without faith, we are without faith because we have already discarded it and found it to be worthless.

Location hidden

#108612 Jul 21, 2013
replied to wronf poster...lol..sorry

Location hidden

#108613 Jul 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If he fails to realize the error of his ways,we can hope that his chidren will break the curse of unbelief.
BTW your self serving statements make you appear even more foolish.
We know that an unbeliever does not attend a religious service out of curiosity.
It is very likely that the unbeliever is there looking for answers to the BS he /she has been fed by Atheists.
Possibly,the unbeliever has read the studies that have concluded that unbelievers have a higher rate of mental and emotional problems,are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol and more likely to commit suicide.
Knowing that unbelief is the cause of those problems,they are probably looking to save their families from such a fate...
we seem to be getting studies from very different sources, which ones are you reading, or was that what you heard in church, i would like to see these studies, please post them.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#108614 Jul 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I "fretting?" No. That is you projecting since YOU would worry about YOUR child if they didn't follow your teachings.
I never influenced my son concerning religion.
Go to church or not.. it was up to him.
He never has attended church by his own choice.
He and his wife also choose not to have children so there will be no Christians coming from this family.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> BTW your self serving statements make you appear even more foolish.
"Self serving?" Only stating facts, honey. You seem to be poorly informed so I thought I would share some facts with you.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> We know that an unbeliever does not attend a religious service out of curiosity.
Of course they do. I was raised Baptist but went to a Methodist and Lutheran church services with my besties when I was in high school.
Wanted to see what the difference might be. Curiosity.
Two years ago when I went to Italy, I attended a Catholic mass just to see what it was like. Catholics really know how to do rituals..much better than Protestants.
No matter who is preaching it...it's all BS.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> It is very likely that the unbeliever is there looking for answers to the BS he /she has been fed by Atheists.
Speaking of BS...
curious wrote:
<quoted text> Knowing that unbelief is the cause of those problems,they are probably looking to save their families from such a fate...
Yes, I wanted my son to grow up thinking for himself.
He did. He came to his atheist conclusions all on his own.
I am very proud of him.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108615 Jul 22, 2013
Anger over self defense...
What about this senseless act???

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Trayvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon.

Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min DITCH MITCH 5,068
this is the year!!! panther fans 9 min Cats 3
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min GOP Chickenhawks 153,626
kenfra bimgham smith 13 min haafunny 3
wheres kendra bingham/smith (Sep '12) 19 min hellraiser 3
Joe and Teresa 56 min I KNOW 7
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 1 hr Not fooled 33
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 12 hr John boy 21
knox board of ed raising taxes 13 hr sick of taxes 88
A Rat In Knox County 23 hr Genius 8
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••