Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,188)

Showing posts 103,741 - 103,760 of123,236
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

chance8 wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a creator being then it would have to have no beginning and no end; otherwise it couldn't make the claims that the christian bible makes.
I can't get figured out which is easier to concieve. A being that has and always will be who created everything...... or........
and I know that there is a scientific jargon for this but basically; there was nothing and the nothing became something and that something became something else.
Both are simple concepts that we can twist into extremely difficult and elaborate happenings but how does logic play into either or neither of them?
My limited understanding cannot fathom how nothing can create something out of nothing.
To me,that is illogical and nonsensical.
Neither am I able to comprehend or explain how something"God" can have always existed.
But,the WORD OF GOD says" If you diligently seek me,you will find me.
Reluctantly,but,wanting to find out for myself,I tested God's word...
Through a series of events that occurred in my life,it became evident to me that God is real,and will reveal himself to those who seek him,as he promised.
I was not coerced,not delusional,brainwashed,did not hear voices,was not afraid of death,was not looking for a reward,eternal life or any such thing..
The events that occured in my life convinced me that someone was listening and responding to my prayers..
Thereby,my Faith....
To those who do not believe,my faith is nonsense.
To me,knowing what I experienced to be real,gives a totally different meaning to my life....

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
Hiya Spaceship good to see you brother.
Lol, god is now what it always has been a delusion.
Hi LOL. Nice to see you also.
Lou Stool

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Sums it up!

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not think that there is a human alive that understands everything about God or the way He thinks. But we are held accountable for the knowledge that we do have. I have learned of many commandments from God and I must, therefore, do my best to obey them, or I would be knowingly sinning.
I believe that the purpose of the gift of tongues is to teach the gospel to others. At the Pentecost I think it was more to prove to people the power of God. This is not its main purpose today.
I believe it is more manifest in being able to learn an entirely different language in a matter of a couple of weeks, to travel to the country that speaks this language and be fully immersed, and be able to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ in their native language.
I read also that the purpose of the gift was to have the apostles teach in other languages.

I read the bible shows apostles was given the gift of tongues had the ability to speak many different tongues instantly, rather than two weeks of missoniary training for just one.

That said, it is impressive to learn a language as fast as two weeks.

I read this on a link covering the MTC. Not trying to split hairs here, but looks like many already had prior training in a language before attending MTC.

"In many cases, missionaries who already speak the language of their assigned area are sent to their mission after just three weeks."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missionary_Train...

I know you may believe your LDS students may have the gift of tongues, I would have to agree if they can learn it in two weeks of study and practice.

All due respect it is not a gift of tongues shown in the bible.

p.s. Glossolalia is fake I believe and used to con people and build a following.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Without that Gun he might very well be in the morgue... We cannot know what would have happened if he Didn't have the side arm and Martin continued to beat him.. Every thing he did was just as I have been told to do when on neighborhood watch when I lived in Michigan by the Police... Report any one or any thing suspicious and keep an eye on them until police arrive...
Why do so many seem to think having a Legally Carried gun is what causes a person to die... When in many More cases having a Legally carried gun keeps the carrier Alive... If someone Legally Carrying shoots a bad guy think of it as Saving a Good Guys Life....
I don't believe in good guys and bad guys. I'm a grown man.

The frequent cases of kids being shot because Dad or Gramps are too stupid to unload their guns and hide them lead me to think your point is not so compelling.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy shooting. I don't have a problem with people owning and shooting guns. But don't carry your f*cking gun to Wal Mart. Give me a break.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed that GZ was not in fear for his life or that he didn't pull the trigger in self defense. I said that he was the aggressor and that it was his actions of pursuit that culminated with the boy's death. I agree that he isn't a murderer, but he sure as hell wasn't an innocent bystander.
Be careful with that camera, Q. Some paranoid upstanding citizen might think that a biker taking pictures is suspicious enough to run you off the side of a mountain.
Yeah, I think this case sort of pings that part of us that has a problem with the idea of insiders vs. outsiders. I mean, if you are not towing the social line you are suddenly a suspect.

I enjoy taking walks. I like to walk in places I've never walked before. So if I'm walking through a neighborhood where I don't live am I going to be followed by some paranoid guy with a gun augmenting his tiny male ego? It bugs me to think that might be the case.

This Martin kid might have been up to no good. Or he might not. Nobody knows and people who keep using that as a justification are, IMHO, idiots.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
He taught that He was the Son of God. This is why He was killed. So if you don't believe He was the Son of God, then you are calling Him a fraud.
I'm starting to see how you can be a Mormon. Your logic skills are lacking.

Imagine this:

I am Conan the Barbarian. I was born on a battlefield and I am from Cimmeria. I have killed a lot of men with a sword.

If you don't believe me then you are saying I'm a fraud, right?

But what if I'm just crazy? What if someone has convinced me to utterly that I am Conan that I actually think its true?

What if Jesus believed whatever he actually preached? I don't believe a word of it personally. But does that make Jesus a fraud? It makes his message highly suspect. But I have no reason to think he was intentionally misleading people, which is what fraud means.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>The religion of Judasim beleive Jesus is a fraud and LDS hold them high esteem and respected in the Mormon faith system.

Why would you treat one person in a different light than Judasim that also believe that Jesus is a fraud? Is God now partial?
Why do you think I'm treating anyone differently? For those that do not believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, I think of as unfortunate that they haven't had the same experiences that I have had that showed me that Jesus is the Christ. That status could change at anytime.

I'm not sure how you derived your questions, so if I didn't answer them, please ask again and I will try to answer again.
Lou Stool

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

A great flood??

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>I read also that the purpose of the gift was to have the apostles teach in other languages.

I read the bible shows apostles was given the gift of tongues had the ability to speak many different tongues instantly, rather than two weeks of missoniary training for just one.

That said, it is impressive to learn a language as fast as two weeks.

I read this on a link covering the MTC. Not trying to split hairs here, but looks like many already had prior training in a language before attending MTC.

"In many cases, missionaries who already speak the language of their assigned area are sent to their mission after just three weeks."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missionary_Train...

I know you may believe your LDS students may have the gift of tongues, I would have to agree if they can learn it in two weeks of study and practice.

All due respect it is not a gift of tongues shown in the bible.

p.s. Glossolalia is fake I believe and used to con people and build a following.
Like I said, the Pentecostal version of the gift of tongues I think was to demonstrate the power of God to a large group of people. I don't see why this would be necessary now. And it certainly wouldn't have a place in a worship service with a group of people that already believe.

Of course some missionaries would have prior language experience in some cases. Kids start learning Spanish in kindergarten now. But I do have to say that a friend of mine learned Mandarin Chinese in under 4 weeks before his mission and he was not a good student in high school. I was impressed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I'm starting to see how you can be a Mormon. Your logic skills are lacking.

Imagine this:

I am Conan the Barbarian. I was born on a battlefield and I am from Cimmeria. I have killed a lot of men with a sword.

If you don't believe me then you are saying I'm a fraud, right?

But what if I'm just crazy? What if someone has convinced me to utterly that I am Conan that I actually think its true?

What if Jesus believed whatever he actually preached? I don't believe a word of it personally. But does that make Jesus a fraud? It makes his message highly suspect. But I have no reason to think he was intentionally misleading people, which is what fraud means.
My logic is flawed?
You would rather me think Jesus was crazy than think you believe He was a fraud?
Hope you remember Bill Cosby's old standup routine with God and Noah when I say:

Riiiiiiiiiiggggghhhtt

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
He taught that He was the Son of God. This is why He was killed. So if you don't believe He was the Son of God, then you are calling Him a fraud.
He was killed because he opposed the Holy Money Train.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"So you say, but cannot demonstrate"
Heat a rock, and water (sterilize them), and put them in a jar, set it in the sun, zap it with all the volts you want...
At the end of the day... you've got no Life!
Don't give me that crap about Billions of years crap, or I'll
give you that "So you say, but cannot demonstrate" crap!
Look! I like you, you seem to be one of the smartest on here...
You seem to know right from wrong, moral, and immoral!
From the microscope, to the telescope, we've searched the
mysteries of God, and it is the enemy that makes us blind to the truth...
Does it not bother you, the mindless narrative of Godless men
claiming things they cannot prove, and yet, God is a Prayer away!

95% of dating methods point to a young earth, and they push the old earth, because, if the enemy can keep you ignorant of God, or twist a church to think Gay clergy is A-ok with God, and
Killing babies like cattle in the slaughter house...
Sick Dying world we live in... I know you can see it!
Blessed day to you, and yours!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and we can tell how the types of stars each element was processed through before it became you... We know that at least one Quasar and One Super nova was required to make you you....
Evolution started the Instant Physical Matter was converted from the Unified Indefinable Energy Quantum at least 14 Billion years ago... Each subatomic particle that self assembled in the universe was a step in the Evolution of man and all life... How ever you define life... And that is a moving target... Today Life exists from 60 below zero to 400 degrees above, live lives in oxygen and it lives in pure methane.... Live exists at pressures that would cause your blood to boil at altitude and pressures that would crush you like a semi running over a grape... Life Thrives in toxic acid baths and the hearts of nuclear reactors... And that is but Life as We Know It... A species that has been around for only a fraction of a tick of the cosmic clock.....
I'm about to take back that "Smartest" remark....
"So you say, but cannot demonstrate"
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
This case had nothing to do with random or wanton violence and your baby killing example is wholly immaterial.
It should have ended with Zimmerman calling the police, but instead HE escalated the situation - very likely because of the false bravado of being armed. Zimmerman is the one who chased Martin to within 70 yards of his door and Zimmerman was the one who initiated the confrontation.
I never claimed that he didn't have the right to defend his life, but there are many who believe that defending their THINGS gives them the personal liberty to inflict capital punishment. The essence of the "stand your ground" law is that even if you have an avenue of escape, you have the lawful right to cause grievous bodily injury and/or death if you feel your life is threatened. This being the case, did Martin not also have a lawful right to stand his ground?
What an idiot you are!
You didn't watch the trial did you? No!
Or you'd know... stand your ground, and race had NOTHING to do with it!
Yes! it is a tragedy.... a kid (17) is dead...
Not the 15 year old picture the media put out, Not the un-bloodied picture of Zimmerman the media put out!
Trayvon had 4 LONG minutes to go into "INTO" the door he was standing at.... No... He went back to meet Zimmerman, and Shite happened!
ALL Race-baiters need to face hate crimes for stirring this pot...
First of all... Obama, and Holder!
Notice how all this stuff took your eyes off the real problems with this POTUS???
Pay no attention to the crook in the white house....
These are not the droids you're looking for!
Buy a clue, and hold it close!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>He was killed because he opposed the Holy Money Train.
No stories of Jesus show anything other than the blasphemy charge.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence shows that GZ spotted, profiled and chased TM, lost him, found him again and a confrontation ensued. We will never hear TM's side of the story. You can edit and confound the story any other way you want - and you usually do. That's why I loathe responding directly to your posts. Have a nice day.
White on black murders... 4%
Black on white murders... 8%
Black on Black murders... 42%
White on white murders... 46%
Do you know what this tells me?
People are NOT following what Jesus tried to teach...
Bring Jesus back into America, and KEEP Him there!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
My logic is flawed?
You would rather me think Jesus was crazy than think you believe He was a fraud?
Hope you remember Bill Cosby's old standup routine with God and Noah when I say:
Riiiiiiiiiiggggghhhtt
Yeah that's a funny routine. I loved "Himself".

I thought I was clear. Fraud means intentional deception. I have no reason to think Jesus was intentionally deceiving anyone.

Remember when I mentioned the order of the gospels? Mark came first, in the order of writing. Read Mark. There are few, if any, miracles. And there is no resurrection. Skip ahead and by the time you get to John you've got Jesus shooting lasers out of his eyes and lifting the Empire State Building.

So first of all, I doubt Jesus made very many claims about his magical powers. Those stories were added later. Second, he probably believed everything he claimed. I have *no reason* to think otherwise (assuming he ever lived at all).

Since he probably believed what he said he wasn't committing fraud.

Do you follow the logic? I don't believe he deceived anyone therefore I don't think it was fraud.

See?

One can be wrong and not be lying about it.

Now, with Joseph Smith fraud seems more likely.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not in the 'slightest'.
At approximately 7:09 PM, Zimmerman called the Sanford police non-emergency number to report what he considered a suspicious person in the Twin Lakes community. Zimmerman stated, "We've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy." (SPOTTED) He described an unknown male "just walking around looking about" in the rain and said, "This guy looks like he is up to no good or he is on drugs or something." Zimmerman reported that the person had his hand in his waistband and was walking around looking at homes. On the recording, Zimmerman is heard saying, "these assholes, they always get away." (PROFILED)
About two minutes into the call, Zimmerman said, "he's running." The dispatcher asked, "He's running? Which way is he running?" The sound of a car door chime is heard, indicating Zimmerman opened his car door. Zimmerman followed Martin,(CHASED) eventually losing sight of him.(LOST) The dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following him. When Zimmerman answered, "yeah," the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that." Zimmerman responded, "Okay." Zimmerman asked that police call him upon their arrival so he could provide his location. Zimmerman ended the call at 7:15 p.m.
After Zimmerman ended his call with police,(FOUND) a violent encounter took place between Martin and Zimmerman,(CONFRONTED) which ended when Zimmerman fatally shot Martin 70 yards (64 m) from the rear door of the townhouse where Martin was staying.
4 minutes... Martin should have went HOME... He did NOT!
No... he hit Zimmerman in the face, and climbed on top of him...
\Ground, and pound... Bang!
End of story... But Obama needs it to cover his crap!
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should have listened a bit closer to the actual 911 tapes where he mention the suspect standing in the rain in a yard staring at a house, as he drove around the suspect saw him and walked off... On a raining night ... So Yep... that is a Suspicious Person that Any Neighborhood Watch Should keep and eye on and follow until they see that they are not heading through the window of the next house down...
The Evidence does not indicate Who Confront Who... The Only testimony is Zimmerman that he was Jumped on the way back to his truck and Map of the paths Zimmerman stats e took and the location of the Confrontation backs up Zimmerman version... The side walk that turns toward Martins fathers home was where Zimmermans says he Stopped following and walked straight ahead as Martin turned toward the house... Zimmerman walked to the end of the side walk and turned to head back to his truck which would have taken several moments.. If martin would have continued home he would have been there in 2 minutes... But it was four minutes after last OK that the Confrontation took place... The Evidence says that after Zimmerman stopped following and walked of Martin turned around and went to the Corner where the two side walks cross and laid in wait until Zimmerman passed back by the spot 4 minutes after last contact with the cops... Could Zimmerman be lying...sure... But the time line, location of conflict, injuries bolster his story...
If my neighborhood watch guys see Anyone they do not recognize I would hope they would follow them and do as told by the police contacts at the meeting which is always if you see Anything one Anyone suspicious call the police and keep them in sight... Zimmerman did absolutely Nothing illegal up until the moment of Contact from All Evidence presented in court.. There is No Evidence Zimmerman initiated that contact...
Notice how Fox news watchers are smarter about things, and the rest are clueless???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 103,741 - 103,760 of123,236
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

168 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Jay 139,200
mark mills form flatlick found dead in bell co 9 min karla 8
Brian Hamilton In Jail again 24 min huh 3
The BIG Ticket Pickard Hall Collins Smith MAY 20 34 min Inside info 1
who all had vinie mills out see here with lots ... 38 min big dady 2
michael lester 44 min hot moma 10
terry smith 1 hr Ity 2
wreck 2 hr news 4
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 4 hr lolz 50