Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#108435 Jul 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence shows that GZ spotted, profiled and chased TM, lost him, found him again and a confrontation ensued. We will never hear TM's side of the story. You can edit and confound the story any other way you want - and you usually do. That's why I loathe responding directly to your posts. Have a nice day.
The Evidence does not Show that in the slightest....

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#108436 Jul 18, 2013
ok, I have a serious question. I'm not religious and don't really understand the depth of science so here is my question.

If everything has evolved from a particle and the universe is expanding why are there not new things evolving and if the universe is expanding are we getting further away from the sun?

oh, and how do I use the [quote] symbols?

#108438 Jul 18, 2013
chance8 wrote:
ok, I have a serious question. I'm not religious and don't really understand the depth of science so here is my question.
If everything has evolved from a particle and the universe is expanding why are there not new things evolving and if the universe is expanding are we getting further away from the sun?
oh, and how do I use the [quote] symbols?
All Things are evolving at all times... You are Different tomorrow than you are today... The changes are so small as to be undetectable to you but there are changes and some are measurable... But Changes of things are tied to the conditions(Environments) they exist within...
As long as the environment is fairly stable and doesn't change much the changes of life forms in that stable environment is slow, so slow it may be 10's of 1000's of years before any change is noticed.
But change the environment and change happens quickly (In geological time) For example Humans change a little over long times here on earth because the environment is relatively stable over long periods of time... But send a Human into space and within weeks the bones lose calcium, the muscles atrophy and the basic chemistry of the body changes... If a large enough breeding population were to be placed in that environment within a few generations the ones that survive could very well be unrecognizable as humans... Another example is domestic animals... take Dogs.. Humans act as a Environmental Impactor by selective breeding... within a short time of 10 to 20 thousand years we went from wild stocks of about 5 basic canine types to recognized 339 breeds of dogs and 1000's of sub variations ...
Think of a Oak Tree growing.. If you look at it for a week it doesn't change enough to notice but come back in 100 years ... Evolution works the same way... but is slow until the environment changes then it speeds up until the environment is filled after a catastrophic event that changes the environment....

at the beginning
at the end of a quote

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#108439 Jul 18, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Evidence does not Show that in the slightest....
Nope, not in the 'slightest'.
At approximately 7:09 PM, Zimmerman called the Sanford police non-emergency number to report what he considered a suspicious person in the Twin Lakes community. Zimmerman stated, "We've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy." (SPOTTED) He described an unknown male "just walking around looking about" in the rain and said, "This guy looks like he is up to no good or he is on drugs or something." Zimmerman reported that the person had his hand in his waistband and was walking around looking at homes. On the recording, Zimmerman is heard saying, "these assholes, they always get away." (PROFILED)
About two minutes into the call, Zimmerman said, "he's running." The dispatcher asked, "He's running? Which way is he running?" The sound of a car door chime is heard, indicating Zimmerman opened his car door. Zimmerman followed Martin,(CHASED) eventually losing sight of him.(LOST) The dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following him. When Zimmerman answered, "yeah," the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that." Zimmerman responded, "Okay." Zimmerman asked that police call him upon their arrival so he could provide his location. Zimmerman ended the call at 7:15 p.m.
After Zimmerman ended his call with police,(FOUND) a violent encounter took place between Martin and Zimmerman,(CONFRONTED) which ended when Zimmerman fatally shot Martin 70 yards (64 m) from the rear door of the townhouse where Martin was staying.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#108440 Jul 18, 2013
CivlLawandEthics wrote:
<quoted text>
where's the outrage on the thirteen month old baby?
The media hasn't sensationalized it.
White Lightening

Gardena, CA

#108441 Jul 18, 2013
Carl Sagan wrote:
<quoted text>
The media hasn't sensationalized it.
sagan was an athiest through out his life although the closer he got to death he started to speak as though he might be wondering if there really was a god. i've never understood why it's so important to some people that there is no god.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#108442 Jul 18, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... there is every probability that we could run into several forms of life and not be able to recognize it in the slightest...
If or when that happens, it will be a sad commentary on that "crown of creation" called humanity.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#108443 Jul 18, 2013
White Lightening wrote:
<quoted text>
sagan was an athiest through out his life although the closer he got to death he started to speak as though he might be wondering if there really was a god. i've never understood why it's so important to some people that there is no god.
You have it wrong. It is not important "that there is no god."
As we have stated over and over on this forum, anyone can believe in any nonsense they want to AS LONG AS THEY DON'T INSIST THAT OTHERS BELIEVE ALSO AND ATTEMPT TO ENACT LAWS BASED ON THEIR BELIEFS THAT AFFECT EVERYONE.

A country which runs on religious laws is a theocracy.
Do you want to live in a country like that?
I don't.
trish

Point Pleasant, WV

#108444 Jul 18, 2013
Amen

#108445 Jul 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not in the 'slightest'.
At approximately 7:09 PM, Zimmerman called the Sanford police non-emergency number to report what he considered a suspicious person in the Twin Lakes community. Zimmerman stated, "We've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy." (SPOTTED) He described an unknown male "just walking around looking about" in the rain and said, "This guy looks like he is up to no good or he is on drugs or something." Zimmerman reported that the person had his hand in his waistband and was walking around looking at homes. On the recording, Zimmerman is heard saying, "these assholes, they always get away." (PROFILED)
About two minutes into the call, Zimmerman said, "he's running." The dispatcher asked, "He's running? Which way is he running?" The sound of a car door chime is heard, indicating Zimmerman opened his car door. Zimmerman followed Martin,(CHASED) eventually losing sight of him.(LOST) The dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following him. When Zimmerman answered, "yeah," the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that." Zimmerman responded, "Okay." Zimmerman asked that police call him upon their arrival so he could provide his location. Zimmerman ended the call at 7:15 p.m.
After Zimmerman ended his call with police,(FOUND) a violent encounter took place between Martin and Zimmerman,(CONFRONTED) which ended when Zimmerman fatally shot Martin 70 yards (64 m) from the rear door of the townhouse where Martin was staying.
Then you should have listened a bit closer to the actual 911 tapes where he mention the suspect standing in the rain in a yard staring at a house, as he drove around the suspect saw him and walked off... On a raining night ... So Yep... that is a Suspicious Person that Any Neighborhood Watch Should keep and eye on and follow until they see that they are not heading through the window of the next house down...

The Evidence does not indicate Who Confront Who... The Only testimony is Zimmerman that he was Jumped on the way back to his truck and Map of the paths Zimmerman stats e took and the location of the Confrontation backs up Zimmerman version... The side walk that turns toward Martins fathers home was where Zimmermans says he Stopped following and walked straight ahead as Martin turned toward the house... Zimmerman walked to the end of the side walk and turned to head back to his truck which would have taken several moments.. If martin would have continued home he would have been there in 2 minutes... But it was four minutes after last OK that the Confrontation took place... The Evidence says that after Zimmerman stopped following and walked of Martin turned around and went to the Corner where the two side walks cross and laid in wait until Zimmerman passed back by the spot 4 minutes after last contact with the cops... Could Zimmerman be lying...sure... But the time line, location of conflict, injuries bolster his story...

If my neighborhood watch guys see Anyone they do not recognize I would hope they would follow them and do as told by the police contacts at the meeting which is always if you see Anything one Anyone suspicious call the police and keep them in sight... Zimmerman did absolutely Nothing illegal up until the moment of Contact from All Evidence presented in court.. There is No Evidence Zimmerman initiated that contact...
White Lightening

Gardena, CA

#108446 Jul 18, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it wrong. It is not important "that there is no god."
As we have stated over and over on this forum, anyone can believe in any nonsense they want to AS LONG AS THEY DON'T INSIST THAT OTHERS BELIEVE ALSO AND ATTEMPT TO ENACT LAWS BASED ON THEIR BELIEFS THAT AFFECT EVERYONE.
A country which runs on religious laws is a theocracy.
Do you want to live in a country like that?
I don't.
the usa is not run according to religion which gets to the separation of church and state. i am comfortable with a country where the citizens believe in something beyond them.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#108447 Jul 18, 2013
White Lightening wrote:
<quoted text>
the usa is not run according to religion which gets to the separation of church and state. i am comfortable with a country where the citizens believe in something beyond them.
So you would be uncomfortable in a country of atheists?
If so, why?
HELLO

United States

#108448 Jul 18, 2013
kellerman wrote:
It's not appropriate to teach religion in school. we live in a diverse society and can't teach all religions in schools. One has to keep these separate, it's up to the parents to inform their children on religious upbringing. I thought this issue was long solved, but i see it keeps coming back up.
Right now everyone is promoting atheism. We aren't allowed to talk about God because we might offend someone! Look where that has gotten us! Did you hear of school shootings when we were allowed to pray in school? Nope!
White Lightening

Gardena, CA

#108449 Jul 18, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would be uncomfortable in a country of atheists?
If so, why?
not if they believe freedom of religion = freedom from religion.
WeNeedGodBackinA merica

Tampa, FL

#108450 Jul 18, 2013
Ephesians 5:6-9
King James Version (KJV)

6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Psalm 119:7
King James Version (KJV)

7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#108451 Jul 18, 2013
White Lightening wrote:
<quoted text> i am comfortable with a country where the citizens believe in something beyond them.
So you would be comfortable in Iran or Iraq?
With people who make laws concerning your behavior based on their religious views?
So true

Pelham, TN

#108452 Jul 18, 2013
WeNeedGodBackinAmerica wrote:
Ephesians 5:6-9
King James Version (KJV)
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
Psalm 119:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
bring it back..
So true

Pelham, TN

#108453 Jul 18, 2013
Being obedient to the truth means that we don't have to look at others through the distorted lenses of our own biases .. What a great statement..
So true

Pelham, TN

#108454 Jul 18, 2013
Nite all.. Blessings
spell caster

Sweden

#108455 Jul 18, 2013
Life they say is a battle. In this life you must be spiritual. The big secret to SUCCESS in this life is to win in the spirit. For you to be ahead of your mate, you have to work when they are sleeping. What most people don't know is that the spiritual control the physical. If you want anything physically, you must first get it spiritually.. do you seek spiritual consultation or do you seek helpful advice or Do you seek a final solution to what every problem you maybe facing: do you need an everlasting spell caster?

1) Get your ex-lover back
2)Power, fame and money
3)Healing from sickness
4)Child bearing
5)Bring out of prison spell
6)Bring back a missing person
Etc

Then come and get your final solution
Email us now OWLTEMPLEOFSOLUTION@YAHOO.COM.
Call our UK temple +447031915969

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,373
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min waiting 7,153
food stamps 21 min not right 42
knox board of ed raising taxes 35 min Enough said 118
Stealing from child's grave 44 min not right 3
Girls at Flatlick Dolar General? 52 min lolololol 16
Gary Martin 1 hr neighbor 2

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance