Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,871

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#108523 Jul 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately,I have not regressed mentally to the stage where the illogical makes sense.
That nothing can create something out of nothing does not compute in my world.....
It's like,what came first,the chicken or the egg.
As you know,Scientists claim the chicken came first,as only a chicken is able to produce a chicken egg.
Ok. Where did the chicken come from?
Who created the chicken?
None so blind, as those that refuse to see!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#108524 Jul 20, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did your god come from?
Ask Him when you see Him!
I doubt... that question will be on your mind...
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#108525 Jul 20, 2013
chance8 wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a creator being then it would have to have no beginning and no end; otherwise it couldn't make the claims that the christian bible makes.
I can't get figured out which is easier to concieve. A being that has and always will be who created everything...... or........
and I know that there is a scientific jargon for this but basically; there was nothing and the nothing became something and that something became something else.
Both are simple concepts that we can twist into extremely difficult and elaborate happenings but how does logic play into either or neither of them?
Interesting....
Everyone will know the answer to that...
But I wonder... ALL the NDE's, and stories of God, n Heaven...
Why take chances? Even if God didn't show up, and save me...
I think I'd error on the side cautiousness!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#108526 Jul 20, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
We already played the chicken and egg game... it's not regression to not have the intellectual ability to understand complex thoughts.... There is another term for it....
Hahahaha!
Do you think ALL of us cannot understand complex thoughts???
How about the Micro biologists that have turned from atheism to ID believers???
I'd say... they understand more than you!
God's real!
snuggle up to that fact... you will be glad you did!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#108527 Jul 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No stories of Jesus show anything other than the blasphemy charge.
Yada yada. The Romans didn't care about blasphemy, they just wanted social order. They didn't even want to kill him.
He was persecuted was for upsetting the money tables and threatening the temple status quo and the temple is where the charges against him came from. Figure it out. Oh, I almost forgot. You're the guy who swallows the whole Joseph Smith story. Never mind.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108528 Jul 20, 2013
Lou Stool wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yiQkOT1if24XX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Sums it up!
Idiot!
Tell us please... What part of the current administration cared about ANYTHING those two mentioned????
NOTHINING!
JustMeaness

London, KY

#108529 Jul 20, 2013
White Lightening wrote:
<quoted text>
not if they believe freedom of religion = freedom from religion.
Personal choices, as in just don't IGNORANTLY expect Everyone else to throw religious faiths, beliefs, traditions etc down.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108530 Jul 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything about race. I said that TM had a "stand your ground" defense for his actions.
Now get your loathesom "God is love" bigot partisan Repugnant self back to your imaginary "good ol' days" dark ages where you belong.
Call anything you hate... bigoted, and that makes what you do... A-ok!
What a hypocrite!
Such progression is dangerous to Freedom!
CivilLawandEthic s

London, KY

#108532 Jul 20, 2013

“See how you are?”

Earth

#108533 Jul 20, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Call anything you hate... bigoted, and that makes what you do... A-ok!
What a hypocrite!
Such progression is dangerous to Freedom!
You can't be an intractable partisan without being a bigot, bigot.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#108534 Jul 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think I'm treating anyone differently? For those that do not believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, I think of as unfortunate that they haven't had the same experiences that I have had that showed me that Jesus is the Christ. That status could change at anytime.
I'm not sure how you derived your questions, so if I didn't answer them, please ask again and I will try to answer again.
So I must be wrong and you don't hold Judasim in high regard since they think Jesus was a fraud or some nut claiming to be the messiah?
CivilLawandEthic s

London, KY

#108535 Jul 20, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's perfectly OK. Armed with cell phones.
But armed with guns introduces a match to the powder keg and we get fiascos like this Zimmerman/Martin case.
If you see something that is obviously no good, call it in. And then you're done with it.
Unless some thug decides to jump anyone for just exercising their civil rights.

In which case all (especially female senior citizens) in Fla should be allowed arms when out keeping an eye out on their neighborhoods.
CivilLawandEthic s

London, KY

#108536 Jul 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed that GZ was not in fear for his life or that he didn't pull the trigger in self defense. I said that he was the aggressor and that it was his actions of pursuit that culminated with the boy's death.
That's what they wanted the public to think.

Did a good job manipulating, didn't they.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#108537 Jul 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, the Pentecostal version of the gift of tongues I think was to demonstrate the power of God to a large group of people. I don't see why this would be necessary now. And it certainly wouldn't have a place in a worship service with a group of people that already believe.
Of course some missionaries would have prior language experience in some cases. Kids start learning Spanish in kindergarten now. But I do have to say that a friend of mine learned Mandarin Chinese in under 4 weeks before his mission and he was not a good student in high school. I was impressed.
That is amazing to learn in 4 weeks. Do you think Glossolalia is real or fake?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#108539 Jul 20, 2013
CivilLawandEthics wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they wanted the public to think.
Did a good job manipulating, didn't they.
Who is "they"? The main stream media? The ANCF? The Illuminati and the Trilateral Commission? Yer getting as nutty as YaA, lady.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#108540 Jul 20, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
That is amazing to learn in 4 weeks. Do you think Glossolalia is real or fake?
Without question it is real. I've many times seen posts by religious fanatics that are incoherent in every known human language.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#108541 Jul 20, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah that's a funny routine. I loved "Himself".

I thought I was clear. Fraud means intentional deception. I have no reason to think Jesus was intentionally deceiving anyone.

Remember when I mentioned the order of the gospels? Mark came first, in the order of writing. Read Mark. There are few, if any, miracles. And there is no resurrection. Skip ahead and by the time you get to John you've got Jesus shooting lasers out of his eyes and lifting the Empire State Building.

So first of all, I doubt Jesus made very many claims about his magical powers. Those stories were added later. Second, he probably believed everything he claimed. I have *no reason* to think otherwise (assuming he ever lived at all).

Since he probably believed what he said he wasn't committing fraud.

Do you follow the logic? I don't believe he deceived anyone therefore I don't think it was fraud.

See?

One can be wrong and not be lying about it.

Now, with Joseph Smith fraud seems more likely.
I follow you. You aren't following me. I didn't mention the miracles. I only mentioned that He taught that He was the Son of God, the messiah, the savior of the world and that only through Him could anyone return to the Father. Since you don't believe in God, then you do not believe these statements. So either you are calling Jesus a fraud or crazy.

Location hidden

#108542 Jul 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Yada yada. The Romans didn't care about blasphemy, they just wanted social order. They didn't even want to kill him.
He was persecuted was for upsetting the money tables and threatening the temple status quo and the temple is where the charges against him came from. Figure it out. Oh, I almost forgot. You're the guy who swallows the whole Joseph Smith story. Never mind.
He threatened the Sanhedrin and their control of power. Jesus' actions proved them worthless since they were the priests of the lesser priesthood. Jesus did things greater than they could do because He brought the higher priesthood.
They couldn't trap Him though to have Him killed until He let it be known that He was the Son of God. Then they could say blasphemy. This was a crime punishable by death in their law. But Rome didn't care about their law. So they had to convince the Romans that He threatened Caesar by claiming to be a King. Rome found no guilt in Him but ordered His death to keep the peace.

I think we are saying basically the same thing.

Location hidden

#108543 Jul 20, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>So I must be wrong and you don't hold Judasim in high regard since they think Jesus was a fraud or some nut claiming to be the messiah?
I guess it depends on what you mean by high regard. I respect all religious followers though I don't believe in the same things they do.

Location hidden

#108544 Jul 20, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>That is amazing to learn in 4 weeks. Do you think Glossolalia is real or fake?
Not saying it isn't possible, but the demonstrations I have witnessed I believe to be a figment of their own imaginations. I do not believe it is of God.

Again, I believe it is possible, but I do not see the usefulness of doing this like some Christian sects demonstrate today.

For the purpose of Pentecost, I can see it happening. But I don't see where there would be a setting that called for this to be necessary in the modern world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need food badly 2 hr Nope 43
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 3 hr astronomyy 6
truck payments 3 hr gator for office 14
Heard Nick Mandel almost died 5 hr Creek it 2
looking to rent house or trailor 6 hr landlord 2
betty brown 6 hr dude 2
Night life in Barbourville 7 hr Boogy Nights 2
Porsche mills 7 hr worried 23
To the Garland family 8 hr Well.... 3
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51