Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
103,481 - 103,500 of 130,317 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a superpower!
You keep repeating this. Are you praying to get some?
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

uuummm wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets try this on your level...'It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."
You are offensive and you continue to be so on purpose. Why? Do you think that shows Christs's love somehow? What is your reasoning for continuing this behavior? Attention? Couldn't be ignorance, you have been shown why it is offensive over and over and you refuse to stop.
What it shows to me is that you have no reasoning power. You are unwilling to learn. You do not really care how your words hurt others, you just want to talk to make a sound, as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. Empty words, void of charity. You cannot even hope to uphold Christ and his teachings when you refuse to have empathy for your fellow man.
Your behavior disgusting and other Christians should be ashamed and call you out on it!
Revelation
5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a
book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven
seals.
5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who
is worthy to open the book, and to loose its seals?
5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth,
was able to open the book, neither to look upon it.
5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open,
and to read the book, neither to look upon it.
5:5 And one of the elders saith to me, Weep not: behold, the
Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed
to open the book, and to loose its seven seals.
5:6 And I beheld, and lo, in the midst of the throne, and of the
four living beings, and in the midst of the elders stood a Lamb
as it had been slain, having seven horns, and seven eyes, which
are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him
that sat upon the throne.
5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four living beings, and
four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having
every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odors, which
are the prayers of saints.
5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take
the book, and to open the seals of it: for thou wast slain, and
hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and
language, and people, and nation;
5:10 And hast made us to our God kings and priests: and we shall
reign on the earth.
Do you think it is kinder to let them burn???
None of these tards here are those "little ones" you speak of,
and do you really think I'm too rough on them, or are you just butt hurt over it?
Tard = Willfully ignorant!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep throwing out these numbers. Where are you getting them? Because I know for a fact that "70%" of atheists do not become religious.
I think we all know where he's getting these numbers from. And the extraction process isn't a pretty sight.
uuummm

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Revelation
5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a
book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven
seals.
5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who
is worthy to open the book, and to loose its seals?
5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth,
was able to open the book, neither to look upon it.
5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open,
and to read the book, neither to look upon it.
5:5 And one of the elders saith to me, Weep not: behold, the
Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed
to open the book, and to loose its seven seals.
5:6 And I beheld, and lo, in the midst of the throne, and of the
four living beings, and in the midst of the elders stood a Lamb
as it had been slain, having seven horns, and seven eyes, which
are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him
that sat upon the throne.
5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four living beings, and
four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having
every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odors, which
are the prayers of saints.
5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take
the book, and to open the seals of it: for thou wast slain, and
hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and
language, and people, and nation;
5:10 And hast made us to our God kings and priests: and we shall
reign on the earth.
Do you think it is kinder to let them burn???
None of these tards here are those "little ones" you speak of,
and do you really think I'm too rough on them, or are you just butt hurt over it?
Tard = Willfully ignorant!
You have to be the dumbest dumb @$$ on topix.

You are not offending the 'little ones' posting on this topix thread.

You are using a term that is offensive to people with developmental problems and their families. And some of them ARE those 'little ones'.

You lost any credibility on here long, long ago and I don't care how hard you are on these people because they know you are ignorant. You have no proof of anything you claim so you use offensive terms and language to draw attention away from that fact.

It is foolish to think that calling someone an offensive term is going to make them see the error of their ways and turn to your religion. You are just tarnishing the image of your religion....

So, have at it, I guess.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You saw this on the billboard sign at your church, didn't you?
And think you are brilliant by repeating it ad nauseum.
This behavior perfectly demonstrates your "cut and paste" mentality.
My daughter sent this to me. We do not have what you say, "a billboard sign". Regardless of where it came from no truer words were ever spoken especially when it comes to Columbia, KY Topix.
I will repeat it once more for emphasis.
Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a superpower! I think in hillbilly language it is called common horse sense.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

just my opinion wrote:
Isn't there a way that it could be taught and the parents have a choice as to whether their child did or did not attend that specific class? I myself think it is a good idea, but I can't speak for everyone. There is so much going on in our schools nowadays, maybe for some this will help. It's scary how things have become. When I attended high school, there was a class there, but it was our choice as to whether or not to attend. This is just my opinion.
It is good that you have given it some thought. The most effective way is to have a free Bible study at your home where every family member can set in. If you are interested go to www.jw.org and request a Bible study.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Your ability to debate is amazing. I stand corrected. You have floored me with facts, data, and solid theory.
You should write a book or be a college professor.
Facts are...
God saved me, and proved Himself to me...
I'm telling you guys my story, so you will not be ashamed when
judgment day comes... it IS coming, and I feel, smart butts like
you will curse yourselves for NOT listening to ALL of us who
KNOWS the truth... No...
Romans 1 says what's with you...
I truly hope that changes!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

treebeard wrote:
They're the ones who believe god is a flesh and bone man, right? Who also got in some sort of flying mechanism and flew to Earth to rape a woman?
"I was born a poor black child"???
And grew into a full blown Tard!
Go figure!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>"I was born a poor black child"???
And grew into a full blown Tard!
Go figure!
You don't recognize, "I was born a poor black child" is a Steve Martin line from "The Jerk"?
Was there a Garden of Eden, a global flood, a tower of Babel, a parting of the Red Sea, talking snakes and donkeys, communiques from the Creator of the Universe,...?
Face the Fact, Bonzo. The "willfully ignorant" are the ones who believe superstition, myths and lies are "Truths".

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter sent this to me. We do not have what you say, "a billboard sign". Regardless of where it came from no truer words were ever spoken especially when it comes to Columbia, KY Topix.
Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a superpower! I think in hillbilly language it is called common horse sense.
The US is a superpower. Spiderman and Jesus have super powers. A little common sense should tell you not to believe fiction is real.

And quit spamming. Nobody gives a rat's ass about your JW links.
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Appears that you have sexual predators praying on children in your church.
The Watchtower Org tried to cover it up like the Catholic church. Watchtower ordered to pay 11 million to the victim in this case.

Candace Conti Awarded $28M In Jehovah's Witness Sex Abuse Case

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
Thom Wheeler Castillo

DO you know how many Jehovah's witnesses kids I know have been molested by someone they knew in their congregation? How many victims were shamed/gossiped about when they came forward to the elders? And were then told to forgive their abuser?? I can think of at least 20, including myself.

Maybe now I have a sense of JUSTICE THAT THIS ORGANIZATION IS FINALLY BEING EXPOSED FOR COVERING UP 10,000's of instances OF SEXUALLY ABUSED CHILDREN.
They're more concerned with their image than keeping children safe.

This religious group really thinks theyre chosen people of god and inflated sense of self makes them accomplices to vile actions of their repressed leaders.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/16/cali...
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't recognize, "I was born a poor black child" is a Steve Martin line from "The Jerk"?
Was there a Garden of Eden, a global flood, a tower of Babel, a parting of the Red Sea, talking snakes and donkeys, communiques from the Creator of the Universe,...?
Face the Fact, Bonzo. The "willfully ignorant" are the ones who believe superstition, myths and lies are "Truths".
Let us look at the other side of that coin and the logic involved.

Something was created from nothing.
That something we will call nonliving nonintelligent matter.
Somehow,this nonliving nonintelligent matter,created from nothing by nothing was able to become a living cell.
How this miracle happened,no one has been able to explain,other than it took billions of years.
This cell was able to reproduce itself and WALLA,as a result ,we have the human,animal and bird species...
Along with plants and trees....
Who is responsible for all these creations?
Who determined how ,what or whom would be created and why?
Atheist Scientists do not know, Atheist Evolutionists do not know.
Certainly a convincing argument to those who have said in their heart.

"There is no God"

Also to those who do not believe in miracles and chose instead to believe foolishness that even the most extreme Science Fiction writers dare not concoct.
While claiming not to believe in magic or delusions,they have built for themselves a magical and delusional world.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us look at the other side of that coin and the logic involved.
Something was created from nothing.
That something we will call nonliving nonintelligent matter.
Somehow,this nonliving nonintelligent matter,created from nothing by nothing was able to become a living cell.
How this miracle happened,no one has been able to explain,other than it took billions of years.
This cell was able to reproduce itself and WALLA,as a result ,we have the human,animal and bird species...
Along with plants and trees....
Who is responsible for all these creations?
Who determined how ,what or whom would be created and why?
Atheist Scientists do not know, Atheist Evolutionists do not know.
Certainly a convincing argument to those who have said in their heart.
"There is no God"
Also to those who do not believe in miracles and chose instead to believe foolishness that even the most extreme Science Fiction writers dare not concoct.
While claiming not to believe in magic or delusions,they have built for themselves a magical and delusional world.
You don't know or understand the physics applied to the theory of the "Big Bang" - and to be honest, neither do I. Can I explain how the first rudimentary self replicating "life" formed? No. Before you voice contempt at this in an "aha!" moment, consider that YOU do not know the mind of YOUR OWN god.
You are made of non living matter, non living elements, compounds, chemicals, energy - yet you are "alive." What is life, then? Is a virus alive? All it can do is replicate, even crystals can do that. You, like other brain damaged Bible thumpers would like to claim that evolution, the Big Band and the origin of life are all one ball of wax, regardless of how many >hundreds of times< you've been informed otherwise. True to the Creationist goose-step, you deviously denounce the miraculous emergence of intelligent life from a primordial soup, bypassing any and every stage in between.
There are many things I do not know, but I can trust that others who have studied and researched have specific knowledge that is built upon over time. Can you design and build a turbine or formulate the fuel for one? Can you calculate the drag co-efficiency of a particular airfoil? Can you determine the strengths of alloys, design hydraulic systems or even weave a seat cushion? No. Did the Wright brothers invent the Airbus A380? No. Regardless of this, can you fly in one? Yes.
I can't explain how you can remember to breathe from one second to the next, so I'll borrow from your religie peppered lexicon and pronounce it a MIRACLE.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know or understand the physics applied to the theory of the "Big Bang" - and to be honest, neither do I. Can I explain how the first rudimentary self replicating "life" formed? No. Before you voice contempt at this in an "aha!" moment, consider that YOU do not know the mind of YOUR OWN god.
You are made of non living matter, non living elements, compounds, chemicals, energy - yet you are "alive." What is life, then? Is a virus alive? All it can do is replicate, even crystals can do that. You, like other brain damaged Bible thumpers would like to claim that evolution, the Big Band and the origin of life are all one ball of wax, regardless of how many >hundreds of times< you've been informed otherwise. True to the Creationist goose-step, you deviously denounce the miraculous emergence of intelligent life from a primordial soup, bypassing any and every stage in between.
There are many things I do not know, but I can trust that others who have studied and researched have specific knowledge that is built upon over time. Can you design and build a turbine or formulate the fuel for one? Can you calculate the drag co-efficiency of a particular airfoil? Can you determine the strengths of alloys, design hydraulic systems or even weave a seat cushion? No. Did the Wright brothers invent the Airbus A380? No. Regardless of this, can you fly in one? Yes.
I can't explain how you can remember to breathe from one second to the next, so I'll borrow from your religie peppered lexicon and pronounce it a MIRACLE.
I know that I was creared from nonliving matter and I know who gave me life.....It most certainly was not due to some unexplainable accident. Accidents are not known to create life.
The explanations that Atheists have provided for the BBT ,origins of life and Evolution consist of non provable and nonwitnessed events that supposedly occured billions of years ago for some unexplainable reason.
Those so called explanations are based on nonsense and gibberish.
But,you brought up some points that need to be clarified.

"Quote"Can you design and build a turbine or formulate the fuel for one?"

Says I No I can not,but,an Engineer,trained in that profession,most assuredly can.
It takes an intelligent being to design and construct such.
Question for you,Can a turbine evolve from scrap metal into a turbine of it's own volition?

Can you calculate the drag co-efficiency of a particular airfoil? Can you determine the strengths of alloys, design hydraulic systems or even weave a seat cushion? No. Did the Wright brothers invent the Airbus A380? No. Regardless of this, can you fly in one? Yes.
Did the airbus miraculously evolve from nothing or,did some intelligent being design and manufacture it?

“Molecular biology has shown that even the simplest of all living systems on the earth today, bacterial cells, are exceedingly complex objects. Although the tiniest bacterial cells are incredibly small, weighing less than 10-12 gms, each is in effect a veritable micro-miniaturized factory containing thousands of exquisitely designed pieces of intricate molecular machinery, made up altogether of one hundred thousand million atoms, far more complicated than any machine built by man and absolutely without parallel in the nonliving world.”
&#8213; Michael Denton, Evolution: A Theory In Crisis
Yes,there is a God.It is he,who created all..
It was neither chance or accident.....

Much to the chagrin and dismay of Atheists,
Our God can not be uncreated by the inane rantings of foolish minds.
Our God lives and Our God reigns and Jesus Christ is Lord

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that I was creared from nonliving matter and I know who gave me life....
You don't even know what the word "know" means.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The explanations that Atheists have provided for the BBT ,origins of life and Evolution consist of non provable and nonwitnessed events that supposedly occured billions of years ago for some unexplainable reason....
This is what blows my mind with you nutbags. How can you possibly use this as rationale? How is your "theory" provable? Who witnessed the events that you propose happened?

You complain relentlessly that science hasn't exhaustively defined and proven it's theories and then (supposedly because of that) you replace it with something that is outside the scope of reason entirely. You honestly don't see how ludicrous your argument is?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that I was creared from nonliving matter and I know who gave me life.....It most certainly was not due to some unexplainable accident. Accidents are not known to create life.
The explanations that Atheists have provided for the BBT ,origins of life and Evolution consist of non provable and nonwitnessed events that supposedly occured billions of years ago for some unexplainable reason.
Those so called explanations are based on nonsense and gibberish.
But,you brought up some points that need to be clarified.
"Quote"Can you design and build a turbine or formulate the fuel for one?"
Says I No I can not,but,an Engineer,trained in that profession,most assuredly can.
It takes an intelligent being to design and construct such.
Question for you,Can a turbine evolve from scrap metal into a turbine of it's own volition?
Can you calculate the drag co-efficiency of a particular airfoil? Can you determine the strengths of alloys, design hydraulic systems or even weave a seat cushion? No. Did the Wright brothers invent the Airbus A380? No. Regardless of this, can you fly in one? Yes.
Did the airbus miraculously evolve from nothing or,did some intelligent being design and manufacture it?
“Molecular biology has shown that even the simplest of all living systems on the earth today, bacterial cells, are exceedingly complex objects. Although the tiniest bacterial cells are incredibly small, weighing less than 10-12 gms, each is in effect a veritable micro-miniaturized factory containing thousands of exquisitely designed pieces of intricate molecular machinery, made up altogether of one hundred thousand million atoms, far more complicated than any machine built by man and absolutely without parallel in the nonliving world.”
&#8213; Michael Denton, Evolution: A Theory In Crisis
Yes,there is a God.It is he,who created all..
It was neither chance or accident.....
Much to the chagrin and dismay of Atheists,
Our God can not be uncreated by the inane rantings of foolish minds.
Our God lives and Our God reigns and Jesus Christ is Lord
Pathetic.
Your God >was created< by humans in man's image, and it is only kept "alive" in the minds of humans who are susceptible to the emo-mental frailty of drones like yourself.
You believe, you want, you feel, you judge, you preconceive - you do not discern, you do not think, you do not perceive and you definitely don't know.
There is no reason to be impressed with Denton's marveling at biochemistry, and certainly there is no rationality in leaping from that to Goddiditwithmagic.
An airliner is not a virus, microbe, gnat or human. It is not in any way, shape or form proof of intelligent design in nature. Just like your deity, it is nothing more or less than a purpose built man-made construct.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what blows my mind with you nutbags. How can you possibly use this as rationale? How is your "theory" provable? Who witnessed the events that you propose happened?
You complain relentlessly that science hasn't exhaustively defined and proven it's theories and then (supposedly because of that) you replace it with something that is outside the scope of reason entirely. You honestly don't see how ludicrous your argument is?
Whar may be causing your mental blowup is all the magical and delusional events that you have stored up there.
You know what they say,garbage in,garbage out.
My faith is not based on nosensical theories that are imagined in order to expalin spititual events that were revealed by God through his prophets.
Nowhere do they claim to speak of their own authority,but as the spirit guided them.
Atheists try to explain what they don't understand"spiritual matters" by referring to supposedly "natural events"which they also can not explain and do not understand.
If you know nothing about spiritual matters,how can you try to explain them by invoking theories that,by your own admission,you can neither explain or understand.
Not only do you not know,but neither do those who espoused yhose theories.
I believe in god,I believe in Jesus Christ,not based on a theory,but on my personal experiences.
You Atheists are unable to accept or understand.
So you mock thay which is beyond your limited comprehension.
Nevertheless,that has no effect on what I believe to be true.
Again,My god lives and my God reigns and Jesus Christ is lord of all.
Your unbelief has no power to change that reality.
Case closed
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic.
Your God >was created< by humans in man's image, and it is only kept "alive" in the minds of humans who are susceptible to the emo-mental frailty of drones like yourself.
You believe, you want, you feel, you judge, you preconceive - you do not discern, you do not think, you do not perceive and you definitely don't know.
There is no reason to be impressed with Denton's marveling at biochemistry, and certainly there is no rationality in leaping from that to Goddiditwithmagic.
An airliner is not a virus, microbe, gnat or human. It is not in any way, shape or form proof of intelligent design in nature. Just like your deity, it is nothing more or less than a purpose built man-made construct.
If I were an Atheist,what I would consider to be pathetic is the fact that 255 OF Atheists attend church hoping to find an answer to that which they claim not to believe in.
Obviously,they are disenchanted with the inane spoutings that they had accepted as valid.
That many of your children,when they grow into adulthood,disavow their former Atheist beliefs would lead me to question why that is.

And you,foolish one,need to understand that my faith is not based on the absurd opinions you have expressed.
Those foolish opinions are what you base your unbelief on.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Facts are...
God saved me, and proved Himself to me...
I'm telling you guys my story, so you will not be ashamed when
judgment day comes... it IS coming, and I feel, smart butts like
you will curse yourselves for NOT listening to ALL of us who
KNOWS the truth... No...
Romans 1 says what's with you...
I truly hope that changes!
And then the Fairy Godmother waved her magic wand and a unicorn farted a rainbow.

The end.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Straw Grasping Te... 150,273
compter parts 4 hr travis 1
laptops 4 hr travis 1
Charmaine 7 hr wow 4
Churches 7 hr Neighbor 6
Need Prayer 7 hr Neighbor 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 8 hr well 16,127

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••