Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,457

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#108090 Jul 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Name some of the Christian principles this nation was founded upon?
Thou shalt not murder...
57,000,000 babies were murdered in their mothers womb since 1973
because we've gotten away from our Christian path to Righteousness!
The Founding Fathers KNEW how Evil man's heart was, but I'll bet they NEVER would have imagined this!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#108091 Jul 6, 2013
WeNeedGodBackinAmerica wrote:
Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#108092 Jul 6, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 83:16-18 will answer your question:
16 Fill their faces with dishonor,
That people may search for your name, O Jehovah.
17 O may they be ashamed and be disturbed for all times,
And may they become abashed and perish;
18 That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
My Bible reads this way...
83:16 Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name,
O LORD.
83:17 Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yes, let
them be put to shame, and perish:
83:18 That [men] may know that thou, whose name alone [is]
JEHOVAH,[art] the most high over all the earth.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#108093 Jul 6, 2013
Nunyabidness420 wrote:
Religion should be left OUT of schools. End of story. Separation of Church and State is there for a REASON.
There was NO separation other than Government NOT squelching the Christian Church!
Religious quotes of our Founding Fathers!

http://christianity.about.com/od/independence...
http://christianity.about.com/od/independence...

Enjoy!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#108094 Jul 6, 2013
"Blah, blah, blah...."

"How stupid can you be?"
With every post you show us how truly ignorant you are.
You could be the poster boy for atheism.
Keep up the good work.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#108095 Jul 6, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh*
Here's the story. Many of the key players in the framing of this nation were not Christians in the strictest sense. Sure, they were raised Christian and they often attended church services. But they were men of the Enlightenment and embraced the idea of deism...that god is real, but not involved in the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism
Lots of learned men of that age were deists. It made the most sense to them.
Now, virtually all of the other founders were Christians of one stripe or another. So it is absolutely true that the country was founded by *mostly* Christians.
But....so what?
Bill Gates does not believe in god. Do you believe that Windows is an operating system based on "atheist principles"? Steve Jobs does not believe in god. Are iPhones based on "atheist principles"?
Algebra was invented by Muslims. Is algebra based on "Islamic principles"?
If the USA was founded on overtly Christian principles why is there no mention of god, Jesus, or the Bible anywhere in the Constitution? And why is the only mention of a deity anywhere in any of the founding documents referring to the deist idea of god as the god of reason (nature's god)?
Wrong again!
All that typing of lies, that's been proven wrong many times, by many others on this thread... makes you a bigger tard than Mikey!
Good day, go spread yer lies to others like you... we know the truth!

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#108096 Jul 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>My Bible reads this way...
83:16 Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name,
O LORD.
83:17 Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yes, let
them be put to shame, and perish:
83:18 That [men] may know that thou, whose name alone [is]
JEHOVAH,[art] the most high over all the earth.
It is amusing when Christians fight over what they believe primitive superstitious goatherders wrote.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#108097 Jul 6, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again!
All that typing of lies, that's been proven wrong many times, by many others on this thread... makes you a bigger tard than Mikey!
LOL! The "truth" bites you on the ass and you shoo it away so you can cling to your delusion. You are funny.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#108098 Jul 6, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again!
I give you facts, you give me a naked assertion. What part of my post was not factually true?

The only mention of god in the founding documents of this nation is "nature's god". By that, Jefferson meant the god of reason. A deist god. If you think otherwise then you don't know anything about Thomas Jefferson.

Don't just reply with a naked reversal of my argument. Don't just say "You're wrong, I'm right". Demonstrate your opinion with evidence.

"They still believed in a God who played an active role in the affairs of the world but they no longer believed in such doctrines as original sin, the infallibility of Scripture, or Christ's sacrificial atonement. Most had also rejected the virgin birth and the Trinity. Rather than subordinating reason to Biblical revelation, they subjected revelation to reason, discarding those parts of the Bible they found unreasonable. The influence of John Locke and the 18th-century Whig tradition had transformed their concept of God. As Frazer points out, no Calvinist would have made Thomas Jefferson's claim that "nature's God" had created man with an unalienable right to the pursuit of happiness.

If, moreover, the founders had been evangelicals on a religious mission, surely they would have mentioned Jesus Christ in the Declaration, the Constitution, or The Federalist. Jefferson drafted the Declaration in the language of theistic rationalism but was artful enough to make it palatable to a wide array of readers, many of whom, as he knew, would be Christians."

https://www.claremont.org/publications/crb/id...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#108099 Jul 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
When have I lied?
Says I,You have lied every time that you have intentionally falsified that which I have posted,as you well know.
But that was to be expected. Since I know you lied and you know you lied,then your denying that you lied does not change the fact that both you and I both know that you lied...
I know no such thing. You calling me a liar does not make me one. Cite a specific example of me "lying" or choke on your accusation.
Isn't bearing false witness a sin? My, how your god must be ashamed of you.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>...
I know,but the fact that all of you seem to be seeking to find out how our minds work and a desire to be provided evidence of God's existence points to your search for something that your Atheistic beliefs are not able to provide you...
So, if you know we're not the same person (as you just admitted), why do you constantly make that accusation?
Again, isn't bearing false witness a sin? My, how your god must be ashamed of you.

Location hidden

#108100 Jul 6, 2013
care8741 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh, don't get your turban in a knot! I did not say someone was stopping Christians from silently praying; although I'm sure that's coming. The public school system is stopping Christians from speaking openly about their beliefs...
No, it's not. No one is gagging Xians. Religion just can't be part of a public school function including speeches given at school assemblies.
care8741 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am positive if a the grad would have mentioned ahla or budah, there would have been no opposition.
Really? What makes you so sure of that? Show me an example of someone praising another god in an approved public school speech. As a side note, I don't know what "ahla" or "budah" is (I guess you meant "Allah" and "Buddha" but haven't figured out how to really use the internet yet).
As another side note, Buddha (if that's who you meant) isn't a god.
care8741 wrote:
<quoted text>
... So, if the public school system is going to continue to push evolutionism down american children's throats, they might as well be pushing Creationism, too. Science backs it as well. Look it up.
What science? I'll play this game with you. Give me your evidence.

Location hidden

#108101 Jul 6, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I give you facts, you give me a naked assertion. What part of my post was not factually true?
The only mention of god in the founding documents of this nation is "nature's god". By that, Jefferson meant the god of reason. A deist god. If you think otherwise then you don't know anything about Thomas Jefferson.
Don't just reply with a naked reversal of my argument. Don't just say "You're wrong, I'm right". Demonstrate your opinion with evidence.
"They still believed in a God who played an active role in the affairs of the world but they no longer believed in such doctrines as original sin, the infallibility of Scripture, or Christ's sacrificial atonement. Most had also rejected the virgin birth and the Trinity. Rather than subordinating reason to Biblical revelation, they subjected revelation to reason, discarding those parts of the Bible they found unreasonable. The influence of John Locke and the 18th-century Whig tradition had transformed their concept of God. As Frazer points out, no Calvinist would have made Thomas Jefferson's claim that "nature's God" had created man with an unalienable right to the pursuit of happiness.
If, moreover, the founders had been evangelicals on a religious mission, surely they would have mentioned Jesus Christ in the Declaration, the Constitution, or The Federalist. Jefferson drafted the Declaration in the language of theistic rationalism but was artful enough to make it palatable to a wide array of readers, many of whom, as he knew, would be Christians."
https://www.claremont.org/publications/crb/id...
"But, but... Glenn Beck says all the Founding Fathers were Christians and they wanted the U.S. to be a Christian nation. He even cried when he told me so!"

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#108102 Jul 6, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
"But, but... Glenn Beck says all the Founding Fathers were Christians and they wanted the U.S. to be a Christian nation. He even cried when he told me so!"
Well hell, that changes everything. And he's a Mormon too, so he CANNOT lie!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#108103 Jul 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a complex question that you tried to answer with a Cutnpaste from yahoo answeres.
That havinfg failed,you inserted ape penises and vaginas into the topic.
That failed.
Now you state what we already knew.
Only a far superior intellect can answer the question that neither Science ,evolution, Einstein,Hawkins or dawkins or human intelligence has an answer for.
We knew the answer all along.
The loving god who creared us and he by whom all things were created,Our lord, Jesus Christ,they have and are the answer
You claimed atheists had nothing to say on the matter, I proved you wrong. Of course noting we say will satisfy you, but that is another topic.
Now tell us how god made the sexes?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108104 Jul 6, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I went back to Webster and it seems my understanding of the definition of these terms is just fine. So I'm still right that fact should be taught as fact and theory should be taught as theory.
If you want to know who I was talking to on this topic, read through the discussion you joined.
Here is the definition of fact by websters. Now tell us how evolution does not fit this definition?

Definition of FACT
: a thing done: as
a obsolete : feat
b : crime <accessory after the fact>
c archaic : action
archaic : performance, doing
: the quality of being actual : actuality <a question of fact hinges on evidence>
a : something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact>
b : an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
: a piece of information presented as having objective reality
in fact
: in truth
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#108105 Jul 6, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amusing when Christians fight over what they believe primitive superstitious goatherders wrote.
Aren't you being a little rough on goatherders? After all, there were several contributions both by individuals and church councils that decided what was to go into the Bible, especially the New Testament. Just because someone is socalled educated does not mean he is not indoctrinated with superstition. And people who are out with nature and face its realities can sometimes see the silliness of Biblical teachings just by using common sense and seeing the cruelties in the world around them.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108106 Jul 6, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
My definitions are fine. My use of these words are fine. You like to say that because there is some evidence for something, it is fact or truth.
There have been many innocent people sentenced to death because of court cases that have evidence that point to that person's guilt.
We all know that different evidence can emerge in the world of science, and then a theory may change or become obsolete.
What you fail to understand about what is considered a fact is, a fact might not be the truth.
Evolution is considered fact by the scientific community. Evolution is considered fact by the courts. Now lets say hypothetically that evolution is not the truth. This does not mean it is not considered a fact by the definition of the word.

Now you might consider god a fact, but god has zero evidence, so it really does not fit the definition of fact.

Now do I need to spell out what a scientific theory is?

havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#108107 Jul 6, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hell, that changes everything. And he's a Mormon too, so he CANNOT lie!
don't you think it is a bit unfair when the atheists/agnostics/skeptics on this site are extremely intelligent and not typical of all unbelievers, and the believers on this site seem to be among the most fundie and superstitious of believers? do you think we could recruit any decent, tolerant believers, and any nasty stupid atheists (i.e. Skeptic, who is making a big fool of himself and discrediting atheism on other forums) to balance out the discussion?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108108 Jul 6, 2013
WeNeedGodBackinAmerica wrote:
To confused
Who is you guys
Maybe if you registered and used a consistent name, we would not be confused at who you were.
Humans use names for a reason. Be a part of society and use a consistent name, otherwise you are a nobody.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#108109 Jul 6, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 83:16-18 will answer your question:
16 Fill their faces with dishonor,
That people may search for your name, O Jehovah.
17 O may they be ashamed and be disturbed for all times,
And may they become abashed and perish;
18 That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
Why is it so hard for you guys to give a straight answer?
I assume it keeps you from directly addressing the question and thus allows you to keep in denial of the inconsistencies of your religion.
Denial is the key to faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family Court Judge 10 min BBP 57
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 18 min The Ear Hustler 1
failsauce 22 min your neighbor 1
Sheila and Jennifer Brown 32 min marvin 1
Sam Watts MUST GO! (Sep '12) 1 hr Parent 55
Ask your candidate to join us this time it is a... 1 hr Voter 15
Who will you vote for as Judge Executive ? 1 hr County Worker 9
who will you vote for as jailer 3 hr bad 62
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 18 hr love to know 6
Barbourville Dating