Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,904

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#108214 Jul 8, 2013
What to Look For
4 If evolution were a fact, the fossil evidence would surely reveal a gradual changing from one kind of life into another. And that would have to be the case regardless of which variation of evolutionary theory is accepted. Even scientists who believe in the more rapid changes associated with the “punctuated equilibrium” theory acknowledge that there would still have been many thousands of years during which these changes supposedly took place. So it is not reasonable to believe that there would be no need at all for linking fossils.
5 Also, if evolution were founded in fact, the fossil record would be expected to reveal beginnings of new structures in living things. There should be at least some fossils with developing arms, legs, wings, eyes, and other bones and organs. For instance, there should be fish fins changing into amphibian legs with feet and toes, and gills changing into lungs. There should be reptiles with front limbs changing into bird wings, back limbs changing into legs with claws, scales changing into feathers, and mouths changing into horny beaks.
6 In this regard the British journal New Scientist says of the theory:“It predicts that a complete fossil record would consist of lineages of organisms showing gradual change continuously over long periods of time.”4 As Darwin himself asserted:“The number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed,[must] be truly enormous.”5
7 On the other hand, if the Genesis creation account is factual, then the fossil record would not show one type of life turning into another. It would reflect the Genesis statement that each different type of living thing would reproduce only “according to its kind.”(Genesis 1:11, 12, 21, 24, 25) Also, if living things came into being by an act of creation, there would be no partial, unfinished bones or organs in the fossil record. All fossils would be complete and highly complex, as living things are today.
8 In addition, if living things were created, they would be expected to appear suddenly in the fossil record, unconnected to anything before them. And if this was found to be true, what then? Darwin frankly admitted:“If numerous species . . . have really started into life at once, the fact would be fatal to the theory of evolution.
WeNeedGodBackinA merica

Tampa, FL

#108215 Jul 8, 2013
Be more concerned with what God thinks about you than what people think about you.

"We ought to obey God rather than men"

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#108216 Jul 8, 2013
WeNeedGodBackinAmerica wrote:
Be more concerned with what God thinks about you than what people think about you.
"We ought to obey God rather than men"
When you "obey God" you are obeying men. You just haven't realized it.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#108217 Jul 8, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Any scientist, that cannot see God's handiwork IN His creation, and/or tries hard to deny that there is a Creating God... is an Atheist!
Anti-Christ if you will...
Our American flag WAS Designed by God fearing Christian people, and
sewn By a Christian woman... So Yes!
God Bless America!
Wow. Your ability to debate is amazing. I stand corrected. You have floored me with facts, data, and solid theory.

You should write a book or be a college professor.

Location hidden

#108218 Jul 8, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
If u don't believe why do u bother with the argument?
1. Because people who believe in talking snakes and magic vote. I live here too and their votes make a difference in my life and the lives of those I love. Therefore it is important to combat stupidity.

2. It's fun.

Location hidden

#108219 Jul 8, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormons.
I never claimed the Bible was inerrant
Mormons also believe in Reformed Egyptian...a language that has never been seen or heard of outside Joseph Smith's brain. So I don't think their Biblical scholarship is...watertight.

“I was born a poor, black child”

Since: Jan 07

that weren't no easy thing

#108220 Jul 8, 2013
They're the ones who believe god is a flesh and bone man, right? Who also got in some sort of flying mechanism and flew to Earth to rape a woman?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108221 Jul 8, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe the Abrahamic God is real? Perhaps the Bible is true? I imagine those who are devoutly religious are not brain damaged? It could be that God responds to prayer?
Nah.... just teasing, Bonzo.
Maybe...Those Atheists that are attending religious services every week,are doing so,in order to get a legitimate answer to the questions you posed.

Perhaps,those of your children who were raised as Atheists and have now converted to Believers ,did so,because they diligently searched for the truth,God revealed himself to them,answered those questions and much more.
After all,Madalyn O"hair's Atheist son became a believer and a Christian Minister

He who comes to me,I will in no wise cast out.
If ye diligently seek me,ye will find me,For I desire for none to be lost,
Praised be our God and Our Lord,Jesus Christ

Location hidden

#108222 Jul 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe...Those Atheists that are attending religious services every week,are doing so,in order to get a legitimate answer to the questions you posed.
You got some solid evidence for that? It's a pretty sweeping generalization.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108223 Jul 8, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Because people who believe in talking snakes and magic vote. I live here too and their votes make a difference in my life and the lives of those I love. Therefore it is important to combat stupidity.
2. It's fun.
Combating stupidity is important.
I do believe that is exactly what the 25% of Atheists that attend religious services each week are doing.

Moreover,so are also,the 70% of your chidren,whom upon reaching adulthood,discard Atheism as worthless,are converted into believers
or become Agnostics.
If you want to fight stupidity,you'd best start that fight with the stupid members contained within your ranks.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#108224 Jul 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps,those of your children who were raised as Atheists and have now converted to Believers ,did so,because they diligently searched for the truth,God revealed himself to them,answered those questions and much more.
After all,Madalyn O"hair's Atheist son became a believer and a Christian Minister
You really only thing in one color. Of the millions of possible answers to the questions you posted, you only came up with one answer to each and they're nothing more than what you want to be real.

Sounds like your delusion has rotted your brain completely.

Location hidden

#108225 Jul 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe that is exactly what the 25% of Atheists that attend religious services each week are doing.
Moreover,so are also,the 70% of your chidren,whom upon reaching adulthood,discard Atheism as worthless,are converted into believers
or become Agnostics.
If you want to fight stupidity,you'd best start that fight with the stupid members contained within your ranks.
You keep throwing out these numbers. Where are you getting them? Because I know for a fact that "70%" of atheists do not become religious.

And the distinction between an agnostic and an atheist is meaningless in this discussion. Both reject your claims.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#108226 Jul 8, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. I don't think you can sin against the Holy Spirit. There is just sin. Sin goes against righteousness, which means it is contrary to any of the members of the Godhead.
I think that most errors in the Bible were not intentional. I think even the Council in Nicea were, for the most part, trying to figure out the doctrine to the best of their ability. But none of them had access to a prophet, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, or the priesthood. So they reasoned amongst themselves as best they could and made decisions on doctrinal questions. And most of the stories of the Old Testament are not believed to be written by the people that experienced them. So there could be inaccuracies there too that come from verbal pass downs. I don't think I would consider it sin unless someone knowingly translated something wrong.
Your comments are interesting and have some basis in religious history, thanks for your reply. Now just a few questions.

If what you said is true about the Holy Spirit, then all good atheist are also among the ones saved. All who are good will be saved. So if those that are good will be save. That doctrine is nicer than the Jehovah Witnesses doctrine and even Yaa's doctrine and many others.

You don't think one can sin against the Holy Spirit, then why would one suffer in hell for all eternity? Something does not sound correct. If you sinned and have to suffer in hell for all eternity then you must have sinned against the Holy Spirit I would think.

Judias Escariot was commsioned as an apostle and had no doubt about the diety of Jesus, yet like Satan turned against him. Would you consider that a deliberate act of treason against God or an act of sin against the Holy Spirit by Judias.

Roseville, CA

#108227 Jul 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
or become Agnostics.
That was not to me. I did find some reasons atheist would attend church.

But why would atheists go to church? I mean, what's that all about?

First, scientists feel that having a scientific mindset means being able to make choices for oneself. Even if the scientist parent does not believe in God, this does not mean that the parent should impose that decision on his or her children—the children should think for themselves. Many scientists interviewed explicitly stated that they did not want to indoctrinate their children into atheism and so exposed their children to a diversity of religious communities.

Second – the most dominant reason – many of the scientists had a religious spouse who had a strong influence on how to raise their children. While this naturally required some negotiation, most of the scientists came from religious upbringings themselves and did not oppose a religious upbringing for their children.

more..see link

http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Q-When-Do-Athei...

Roseville, CA

#108228 Jul 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The children of the athiest will learn the story of Noah's Ark is just a fable. Alot of people go to church for many different reasons.
rightisright

Stanton, KY

#108229 Jul 8, 2013
you suffer because your sin is fear

psies.

http://www.informationliberation.com/

a person is good or bad not by their clothing or employment, but by their actions.
shoot bad guys to death, ALL bad guys, a shirt or job means all of sht.

this post will be d e l e t e d by the m o d s because they cower in fear of the bad guys and don't want us assembling and sharing information.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#108230 Jul 8, 2013
Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a superpower!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#108231 Jul 8, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
You saw this on the billboard sign at your church, didn't you?
And think you are brilliant by repeating it ad nauseum.

This behavior perfectly demonstrates your "cut and paste" mentality.

Location hidden

#108232 Jul 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know they aren't attending services just to keep a closer eye on you nutbags?
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what do you say to the 1 in 6 Dutch priests who are atheist or agnostic?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-144173...

And that's not ex-priests...that's active priests.

Location hidden

#108233 Jul 9, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
You keep repeating this. Are you praying to get some?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
German shepard 27 min doggy 2
Porsche mills 31 min sad days 25
barbourville affordabe funeral home (Oct '08) 1 hr someone who knows 109
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 3 hr Junes son Jeff Va... 4
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 5 hr question 11
terry smith from the creek 7 hr wondering 4
Brett 8 hr sorry 2
To the Garland family 10 hr Friend 5
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 23 hr Get a life 8
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night