Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,166)

Showing posts 103,301 - 103,320 of128,486
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>All evidence points to some sort of ape. Precisely which one is yet to be determined, so god must have waved his magic wand and made us out of dirt.
Both are beliefs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lying ways have led you into Atheism...
When have I lied?
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your chidren will more than likely chose not to live in your fantasy world.
Maybe, I doubt it, but that will be their choice and I'll love them the same either way. At least they have the opportunity to approach it with an open mind.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Atheist acquaintances are probably at a religious service on Sundays while you sit at home drinking beer and watching TV.
Again, maybe...but I doubt it.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that your world is slowly but surely crumbling around you.
Your children will more than likely seek God,many of your Atheist acquaintances already are and you are unable to keep God out of your mind.
LOL. You certainly have a flair for the dramatic.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That which you claim does not exist has really got a hold on you.
Not at all. This is what you don't get (well, one of the many things that you don't get). It's not the concept of god that holds my attention. It's the lunatics that believe in god. Unfortunately you and your brethren are very real. The more I interact with you, the more I hope to learn about how your mind works. Which means the better equipped I'll be to handle your kind in real life.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And praised be God,not only you,Dukette,Chromiuman,Kitten kodder,
Witchinthe woods,Viagio etal..
Although you are not as many as you appear to be...If you catch my drift.. That deceptive trick is obvious and fools no one.
And here you go again projecting. I wouldn't care if I were the only atheist on this thread. It doesn't change the arguments. At the end of the day you're a guy who believes there's an invisible man who lives in the sky who reads our minds and controls everything and I'm a guy who believes you're bat-shit crazy for believing that.

I'm also a guy who understands that the classified advertisement process doesn't operate outside the explainable universe... and you're apparently not.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Hey tard...
Do you think an evil being such as satan, would not care how he brought you to hell, as long as he got you to go to hell???
Think about it!
So Muslims and hindu's are being tricked into hell by satan? By this reasoning it could be you that is being tricked into hell.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what was asked;
How could nature evolve a female member of a species that produces eggs and is internally equipped to nourish a growing embryo, while at the same time evolving a male member that produces motile sperm cells? And, further, how is it that these gametes (eggs and sperm) conveniently “evolved” so that they each contain half the normal chromosome number of somatic (body) cells?[Somatic cells reproduce via the process of mitosis, which maintains the species’ standard chromosome number; gametes are produced via the process of meiosis, which halves that number
Let me simplify it
How did the male species know to evolve itself precisely in the manner needed in order to provide the continuation of the species based on how the female species evolved.
One did not know how the other was evolving. There was no communication between them.
How and who designed the system to make this work?
You start throwing in Ape penises and vaginas which in no way explain the process as to how this may have occurred.
Here is an opportunity for your Science Fiction mentality to present us with an absurd and unrealistic answer to a complex question.
Please,do not provide me with an answer from Yahoo. That is where High School dropouts go to enhance their education and apply for their GED"S.
Then again,maybe you can not help yourself
That is a complex question, so why would you think I know the answer?
I can't get you to answer simple questions and here you are asking something only a few highly educated persons might be able to answer, if the answer is even known.
And as I said, if it is not yet known, does that mean your mass murdering god did it? Hell no.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lying ways have led you into Atheism.
Your dysfunctional mind has led you into foolish beliefs.
Your Atheist acquaintances are probably at a religious service on Sundays while you sit at home drinking beer and watching TV.
It seems that your world is slowly but surely crumbling around you.
Your children will more than likely seek God,many of your Atheist acquaintances already are and you are unable to keep God out of your mind.
Although you are not as many as you appear to be...If you catch my drift.. That deceptive trick is obvious and fools no one.
I have answered these questions and you have yet to rebut my response.

Man up and answer some simple questions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
Here's something for all you liberal idiots who THINK this nation wasn't founded on
Christian principles!
Religious quotes of our Founding Fathers!
http://christianity.about.com/od/independence...
http://christianity.about.com/od/independence...
Name some of the Christian principles this nation was founded upon?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It is relevant.
God operates within certain guidelines. For example, when He covenants with us that if we do a certain thing, He will bless us with a certain blessing, He is then bound to come through on His end if we come through on ours, or else He lied and would cease to be God.
He must operate within the realm of righteousness or He would not be worthy to use the priesthood power and He would cease to be God.
Part of righteousness is performing acts that further righteousness. Idleness and acts that produce nothing, serve no purpose and therefore would be taking time away from righteous acts that He (or we) could be performing. Therefore it would be against the will of God to make a rock for no righteous reason. Testing God with such a statement is unrighteous and a waste of time to ponder. This is why my answer is relevant to your question.
It's not that I'm twisting your question into a pretzel. It is that your lack of knowledge about God leads you to ask the wrong questions.
Tell it to the Christian that made the silly claim.

It is funny how Christians blame satan for all bad and god for all good. With these rules you can always find some way to justify your statement here.
Fact is, Christians that are good people often get crapped on with bad luck. Churches get slammed by tornadoes and innocents die and suffer greatly.
Counting blessings can be warped by flawed perceptions. Pointing at the devil makes this perception all the more flawed.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
And here you go again projecting. I wouldn't care if I were the only atheist on this thread. It doesn't change the arguments. At the end of the day you're a guy who believes there's an invisible man who lives in the sky who reads our minds and controls everything and I'm a guy who believes you're bat-shit crazy for believing that.
I'm also a guy who understands that the classified advertisement process doesn't operate outside the explainable universe... and you're apparently not.
When have I lied?
Says I,You have lied every time that you have intentionally falsified that which I have posted,as you well know.
But that was to be expected. Since I know you lied and you know you lied,then your denying that you lied does not change the fact that both you and I both know that you lied
curious wrote:

<quoted text>
Maybe, I doubt it, but that will be their choice and I'll love them the same either way. At least they have the opportunity to approach it with an open mind.

Says I,Glad to see you will give them the opportunity to approach their search for God with an open mind.
That is probably the same reason why some Atheists are attending religious services with their families
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, maybe...but I doubt it.

If in doubt,,ask...
curious wrote:
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. This is what you don't get (well, one of the many things that you don't get). It's not the concept of god that holds my attention. It's the lunatics that believe in god. Unfortunately you and your brethren are very real. The more I interact with you, the more I hope to learn about how your mind works. Which means the better equipped I'll be to handle your kind in real life.

Says I,I am extremely glad that you are seeking to find how our mind works. what you will find is that those who seek and find God ,our minds are guided by the holy spirit.
So, I fervently hope that you will find an answer to your question ,that will be a tremendous revelation which only God can accomplish.
By all means,I hope that you will keep seeking that answer.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

I know,but the fact that all of you seem to be seeking to find out how our minds work and a desire to be provided evidence of God's existence points to your search for something that your Atheistic beliefs are not able to provide you.
What you are seeking can only be provided by God....
The fact that you all keep seeking is the Good news
ProvenScience

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you simply posted the quote, it would not be a contradiction. The contradiction came with your opinion afterward. The two together was a contradiction.
Only if yer evolved of a fallen ape "mumble bumbler" ...

So I'll DUHm it down for you...one more time....being as you insist on acting like one.

"That quote, is a personal favorite of MINE."

Now, was that too difficult for you to comprehend?

Too baduh if it was. I'm not duhming it down any further to try explain it to you again.
ProvenScience

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I've wondered about that myself over recent years. Especially when candidates like Mike Huckabee show up who overtly admit they want to change the constitution to inject (their) religion into it.
Really?

Send him back to school-make him study SCIENCE this time lol.

First experiment-how to poke at an ape ad make it's face turn red in frustration--on par level with swiping a hand through a hornets nest.

(and derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.)
ProvenScience

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Name some of the Christian principles this nation was founded upon?
WhoDUH thunk it.

Q: What building in Washington D.C. has the ten commandments on the front?

A: The Capitol Building in Washington, DC has the 10 Commandments sprawled across the front of it.

And please do not even start trying to deface historical monuments of this nation just because you might not like them.(because tat kinda stuff is REALLLLLY @ Talibanish THUG Mental_ity level.)
Thank you.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have answered these questions and you have yet to rebut my response.
Man up and answer some simple questions.
It is a complex question that you tried to answer with a Cutnpaste from yahoo answeres.
That havinfg failed,you inserted ape penises and vaginas into the topic.
That failed.
Now you state what we already knew.
Only a far superior intellect can answer the question that neither Science ,evolution, Einstein,Hawkins or dawkins or human intelligence has an answer for.
We knew the answer all along.
The loving god who creared us and he by whom all things were created,Our lord, Jesus Christ,they have and are the answer
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That is a complex question, so why would you think I know the answer?
I can't get you to answer simple questions and here you are asking something only a few highly educated persons might be able to answer, if the answer is even known.
And as I said, if it is not yet known, does that mean your mass murdering god did it? Hell no.
Posted answer on wrong post...Sorry

It is a complex question that you tried to answer with a Cutnpaste from yahoo answeres.
That havinfg failed,you inserted ape penises and vaginas into the topic.
That failed.
Now you state what we already knew.
Only a far superior intellect can answer the question that neither Science ,evolution, Einstein,Hawkins or dawkins or human intelligence has an answer for.
We knew the answer all along.
The loving god who creared us and he by whom all things were created,Our lord, Jesus Christ,they have and are the answer

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who says they don't teach it as a theory? And you might wish to look up the word "fact" as you clearly do not really understand the definition. Also, look up the phrase "scientific theory" and the word "theory" to see the difference.
How many times this must be pointed out to you in order for you to learn is astounding.
I went back to Webster and it seems my understanding of the definition of these terms is just fine. So I'm still right that fact should be taught as fact and theory should be taught as theory.

If you want to know who I was talking to on this topic, read through the discussion you joined.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Look up the word "proven" dude. You sound so darned ignorant now it is driving me nuts.
You might think you know what these words mean, but it is clear you use them in a such sloppy manner to the point you sound uneducated.
Learn to use words properly so we can have an intellectual conversation. At this point I feel I am speaking to a child.
My definitions are fine. My use of these words are fine. You like to say that because there is some evidence for something, it is fact or truth.
There have been many innocent people sentenced to death because of court cases that have evidence that point to that person's guilt.
We all know that different evidence can emerge in the world of science, and then a theory may change or become obsolete.
WeNeedGodBackinA merica

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
Morgan Freeman

West Union, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That is a complex question, so why would you think I know the answer?
to: curious
Male and female do not have equal contribution. In FACT, the male sex chromosome is degrading, and may one day be completely diminished. Evolution is about surviving, and to survive, you must provide what the female cannot. This is learned not through communication, but by an inner will put in place long before religion was CREATED. It is not a design, did not come from an angry book of instructions, it is simply what happens, aka evolution.
confused

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

WeNeedGodBackinAmerica wrote:
 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
Who are you talking to? "Bless them" suggests you are talking to a god, but I was unaware that you guys ask god to "pray" too.
WeNeedGodBackinA merica

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

To confused

Who is you guys
confused

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Never can answer a question first, eh? "you guys" refers to you guys who pray to a god. While you're going about answering the last question I asked you, please also include an answer to "who exactly would your god pray to?".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 103,301 - 103,320 of128,486
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

65 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Maryann Smith and Thomas (Oct '12) 26 min we all know 41
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 27 min IJS 25
jon h 54 min zzzzzz 12
Anyone have any free kittens? 58 min Well 10
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr DITCH MITCH 145,973
legalize marijuana 3 hr WEED EATER 3
Ronald Stevenson 4 hr stephanie 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search