Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,165)

Showing posts 103,281 - 103,300 of122,862
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not post information in an effort to get you and others who think like you ,to believe.
That would be fruitless for 2 reasons
1) One should not believe in God based on someone else's experience.
If you want to believe in God,you seek him and HE will reveal himself to those who seek him
2) The fool has said in his heart,There is no God and.....
No amount of evidence will convince a fool
I have no desire to know the mass murderer god you speak of, just as I do not care to know Charles Manson or Hitler.
Why do you not wish to know Zeus?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
For your conscience to be an accurate guide it must be Bible trained. If not at most it is based on opinion. Opinions are like noses everybody has one!
Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a superpower!
The bible is but the opinions of ancient men. I have read their opinions and often disagree with them.
I think ones conscience is also ruled by evolutionary instinct. But one must understand our evolution and how and why it programed our instincts in order to judge them as beneficial in today's world.

I see you still have no understanding about common sense. What is commonly thought is not always truth or good.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have no desire to know the mass murderer god you speak of, just as I do not care to know Charles Manson or Hitler.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you reply to things by asserting the opposite, with no evidence. Keep doing it. It's entertaining.
Here's your problem: lack of understanding, lack of imagination.
You do understand that science works from *natural* explanations, right? That is fundamental to what science actually is. It cannot work from supernatural assertions, which is what god is. A supernatural assertion.
By invoking god to explain the universe you invoke an idea far more complex and problematic than if you went with natural causes. For one thing, god would have to be more complex than the universe, right? More powerful. More intelligent. More everything. For another thing, you'd need some kind of solid evidence that such a being can actually exist. Right now all you have is the fact that you can imagine such a being. You have not actual evidence for it.
Meanwhile we can explain hosts of things by way of natural phenomena. Try explaining gravity, evolution, or plate tectonics with god. I dare ya.
I do not have a problem.
The problem that you imagine I have ,is a creation of your foolish mind.
I invoke God in orderto explain the universe,because that is what I believe and God is not an idea.
And yes,God is more complex than the simple and unverifiable solutions that science and atheists adhere to.
You and science can explain many things that are natural.
What you can not explain is the supernatural.
Oh,yes,,You try to explain it by natural means.
The nonliving can come to life as a result of some accident.
You have no proof,it is illogical and imcomprehensible.
You have no idea how this may have occured.
In other words,you are providing no answers to a complex problem by espousing nonsensical opinions in trying to explain the supernatural.
Then ,you wanna play the old devil's tactic of temptation..
I dare ya...
stick that one in your ear.
I do not have to explain God to you or any one else.
My faith is not based on gravity,the lie on which evolution is based,plate tectonics or the misguided opinions of Atheists.
You can play those nonsensical games with Quantumist,if he allows you...
I do not believe he will be throwing any more of his pearls your way...somthing to do with a parable he read.
All i have for believing in God is my faith,based on my personal relation with Him and Jesus Christ.
Something which, Neither Science,human wisdom or atheists are able to grasp and understand.
But ,that maybe the reason for which 25% of atheists and their families attend religious services....hoping to understand.
May well be the reason your minds are not able to block God out,as he is constantly in your minds...
That,if true, is good news.
And it may well be as it is God's desire that NONE be lost.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not post information in an effort to get you and others who think like you ,to believe.
That would be fruitless for 2 reasons
1) One should not believe in God based on someone else's experience.
If you want to believe in God,you seek him and HE will reveal himself to those who seek him
2) The fool has said in his heart,There is no God and.....
No amount of evidence will convince a fool
Does god reveal himself to Muslims and Hindu's?

I certainly am not going to believe in god based upon your silly reasoning, so why do you keep posting here? Are you here seeking atheism?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have a problem.
The problem that you imagine I have ,is a creation of your foolish mind.
I invoke God in orderto explain the universe,because that is what I believe and God is not an idea.
And yes,God is more complex than the simple and unverifiable solutions that science and atheists adhere to.
You and science can explain many things that are natural.
What you can not explain is the supernatural.
Oh,yes,,You try to explain it by natural means.
The nonliving can come to life as a result of some accident.
You have no proof,it is illogical and imcomprehensible.
You have no idea how this may have occured.
In other words,you are providing no answers to a complex problem by espousing nonsensical opinions in trying to explain the supernatural.
Then ,you wanna play the old devil's tactic of temptation..
I dare ya...
stick that one in your ear.
I do not have to explain God to you or any one else.
My faith is not based on gravity,the lie on which evolution is based,plate tectonics or the misguided opinions of Atheists.
You can play those nonsensical games with Quantumist,if he allows you...
I do not believe he will be throwing any more of his pearls your way...somthing to do with a parable he read.
All i have for believing in God is my faith,based on my personal relation with Him and Jesus Christ.
Something which, Neither Science,human wisdom or atheists are able to grasp and understand.
But ,that maybe the reason for which 25% of atheists and their families attend religious services....hoping to understand.
May well be the reason your minds are not able to block God out,as he is constantly in your minds...
That,if true, is good news.
And it may well be as it is God's desire that NONE be lost.
Again, why are you here, searching for atheism?
You believe in a god, based upon zero evidence you can show, so why try to tell us god must have done this or that if you have zero evidence to back up the claim?
You have blind faith, we don't. So just what are you trying to accomplish on this thread?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
So you dare not answer my question I see. Denial is the key to faith.

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have no desire to know the mass murderer god you speak of, just as I do not care to know Charles Manson or Hitler.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No,it does not point to open mindedness.
It points to the fact that even your own children sre able to discern the absurd allegations and nonsense espoused by their Atheist parents.
Madalyn Murray O'hair found that out,firsthand.
Guess that old axiom is true,
Foolishness is not passed down parent to child.
The child may well be wiser than the parent
If the child is wiser than the parent, then explain why so many leave religion and become atheists or agnostic? Have you seen those stats?
Atheism is growing faster than any religion, so your reasoning just makes your religion look all the more silly.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to see the source of your data on percentages of children raised non-religious who turn to religion. Your 70% figure is not correct. Where did you read it?
Likely conservapedia.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

2Peter 3:9
Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you dare not answer my question I see. Denial is the key to faith.
Mike Duquette wroteg
The mass murderer you speak of is Satan the Devil (John 8:44-47 &#8239;YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie]. 45&#8239;Because I, on the other hand, tell the truth, YOU do not believe me. 46&#8239;Who of YOU convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it YOU do not believe me? 47&#8239;He that is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why YOU do not listen, because YOU are not from God.
Satan evidently was the God Charles Manson, Hitler and others who do not believe in the True God Jehovah.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If the child is wiser than the parent, then explain why so many leave religion and become atheists or agnostic? Have you seen those stats?
Atheism is growing faster than any religion, so your reasoning just makes your religion look all the more silly.
Revelation 12:12 explains why Atheism is growing so fast.
"On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The mass murderer you speak of is Satan the Devil (John 8:44-47 &#8239;YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie]. 45&#8239;Because I, on the other hand, tell the truth, YOU do not believe me. 46&#8239;Who of YOU convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it YOU do not believe me? 47&#8239;He that is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why YOU do not listen, because YOU are not from God.
Satan evidently was the God Charles Manson, Hitler and others who do not believe in the True God Jehovah.
Oh, so Satan flooded earth? Make up your mind, which god was it?
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you dare not answer my question I see. Denial is the key to faith.
Mike Duquette wrote:
The mass murderer you speak of is Satan the Devil (John 8:44-47 YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie]. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell the truth, YOU do not believe me. 46 Who of YOU convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it YOU do not believe me? 47 He that is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why YOU do not listen, because YOU are not from God.

Satan evidently was the god Charles Manson, Hitler and others who do not believe in the True God Jehovah.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so Satan flooded earth? Make up your mind, which god was it?
If you knew the Bible you would know it was Satan, his demons and their offspring who made it necessary to flood the earth to rid the earth of wickedness.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 12:12 explains why Atheism is growing so fast.
"On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.
Oh, so now you jettison your earlier reasoning? You flip on a dime in order to keep your faith. The double standards are standard.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew the Bible you would know it was Satan, his demons and their offspring who made it necessary to flood the earth to rid the earth of wickedness.
Oh, so Satan made god a mass murderer. I see.
I am sure Manson used the same reasoning.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so Satan made god a mass murderer. I see.
I am sure Manson used the same reasoning.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Early one morning in the middle of the night two dead boys got into a fight a deaf man heard the noise pulled out his knife and shot the boys.

"Mike Duquette",
Does that make more sense to you? I see said the blind man to his deaf daughter.

Now you know the reason I post:

“I was born a poor, black child”

Since: Jan 07

that weren't no easy thing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
For your conscience to be an accurate guide it must be Bible trained. If not at most it is based on opinion. Opinions are like noses everybody has one!
Would you listen to yourself. You're trying to make a point, and all you can come up with are two things you heard someone else say. The only thing YOU said out of your own free will in that statement, was to suggest he allow himself to be brainwashed. Do you EVER think for yourself? This makes me feel sad, and it shouldn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 103,281 - 103,300 of122,862
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thompson Park Boat Ramp 34 min City 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 53 min Tollesboro Guy 81,212
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr RayOne 138,747
Troy Marcey 1 hr Tracy 1
New Family Court Judge NEEDED!!! 1 hr Curious Georgia 39
new restaurant in downtown shopping center 3 hr Curious Georgia 31
Corey vs. Collins 3 hr jim 58
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••