Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,919

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#108172 Jul 8, 2013
WeNeedGodBackinAmerica wrote:
Whatever you are trying?
Really isn't working.
That sure will not work.
Morgan Freeman

Lubbock, TX

#108173 Jul 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing plants and humans is a LOOOOOOOOONG stretch.You musta played 1st base on your baseball team.
Thanks for your answer. I did some research.
Turns out that those who arrived at the same conclusions as you did,did so,not by observing the plants,but by smoking them...
I also talked to a number of jail wardens.
Although their jails are full of men,no one has ever observed one of these men developing and growing female parts
Some may wannabe,but it don't work that way...
You are a complete idiot.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108174 Jul 8, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists never cease to amaze me. This is one of the dumbest things I've read this week. And that's saying a lot.
Evolution is the study of how animals have changed over time.
Atheist is rejection of the claim that gods exist.
Do you see how they are not the same thing at all?
Many Christians call themselves patriots and like American flags. Does that mean American flags are Christian flags? Many scientists are atheist. Does that mean science is atheism?
Any scientist, that cannot see God's handiwork IN His creation, and/or tries hard to deny that there is a Creating God... is an Atheist!
Anti-Christ if you will...
Our American flag WAS Designed by God fearing Christian people, and
sewn By a Christian woman... So Yes!
God Bless America!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108175 Jul 8, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
"Blah, blah, blah...."
"How stupid can you be?"
With every post you show us how truly ignorant you are.
You could be the poster boy for atheism.
Keep up the good work.
No....
The ignorance is on YOUR part!
Every Godless post you make... Proves the God you hate
To be True... That must suck for you, as you cannot say
jack... without proving US, and God right!
We still pray for you!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108176 Jul 8, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amusing when Christians fight over what they believe primitive superstitious goatherders wrote.
Very!
Hahahaha!
Mock on!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108177 Jul 8, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! The "truth" bites you on the ass and you shoo it away so you can cling to your delusion. You are funny.
You are sad...
You don't know what the Truth is!
God is real, and you are lost!
Your clock is running out of time, and you really need to
get to KNOW your Lord, or you'll be standing at Judgment saying
"Uhhh, ummm, uh,,,,,"
Those Goatherders... Know more than you!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108178 Jul 8, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I give you facts, you give me a naked assertion. What part of my post was not factually true?
The only mention of god in the founding documents of this nation is "nature's god". By that, Jefferson meant the god of reason. A deist god. If you think otherwise then you don't know anything about Thomas Jefferson.
Don't just reply with a naked reversal of my argument. Don't just say "You're wrong, I'm right". Demonstrate your opinion with evidence.
"They still believed in a God who played an active role in the affairs of the world but they no longer believed in such doctrines as original sin, the infallibility of Scripture, or Christ's sacrificial atonement. Most had also rejected the virgin birth and the Trinity. Rather than subordinating reason to Biblical revelation, they subjected revelation to reason, discarding those parts of the Bible they found unreasonable. The influence of John Locke and the 18th-century Whig tradition had transformed their concept of God. As Frazer points out, no Calvinist would have made Thomas Jefferson's claim that "nature's God" had created man with an unalienable right to the pursuit of happiness.
If, moreover, the founders had been evangelicals on a religious mission, surely they would have mentioned Jesus Christ in the Declaration, the Constitution, or The Federalist. Jefferson drafted the Declaration in the language of theistic rationalism but was artful enough to make it palatable to a wide array of readers, many of whom, as he knew, would be Christians."
https://www.claremont.org/publications/crb/id...
Believe whatever you want... we've been through this before!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108179 Jul 8, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
"But, but... Glenn Beck says all the Founding Fathers were Christians and they wanted the U.S. to be a Christian nation. He even cried when he told me so!"
No you tard...
The Founding Fathers SAID "They were Christians"!
They created this more perfect Union to Stop
Un-righteous man from polluting our nation with his lusts...
Now look at US...
Buy a Clue!
(as if that would help!)
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108180 Jul 8, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> the rightwing nutcase fundies on this thread are so extremist that they will never see reason. I keep looking for anyone here who is religious and not a rightwing nut, and anyone here who is irreligious and not highly intelligent. Cannot find such persons. I know they exist in the real world.
I would prefer, however, to have intelligent conversations with the nonbelievers on here, rather than wasting time arguing with fundies. If there were any centrist on here it would be worth making rational arguments to try to appeal to them, but I see few centrists either. So could we discuss things among ourselves sometimes, instead of constantly being mired down in replying to the fundies?
I would be interested in knowing more about your own views on various issues. I am an agnostic (not claiming to know) atheist (not believing in a God), and also agnostic and nonbelieving with regard to an afterlife and creation theories and the nature of the universe and a whole set of cosmic questions. I also think it makes more sense to not believe, than to believe - but it also makes more sense not to claim to know, than to claim to know. One has no burden of proof if one does not claim to know.
I also have great doubts about free will, and am inclined to believe in a rather complicated view of determinism. Some of what gets determined by prior causes comes through our thought processes, and sometimes it seems we are making free choices, but we have not evaluated all the things that cause us to do as we do, or to want what we want. So I am opposed to blame in the usual sense, but all the more in favor of detention and deterrence so people cannot hurt each other. That does not stop me from having visceral reactions of assigning "blame" and "guilt" - but it makes me generally oppose the death penalty, for example, and favor life imprisonment under relatively humane conditions, as a prevention - less than punishment. I am just as angry about injustices as anyone else - but who and what caused the bad person to become so bad? That philosophical question would kick in, despite my feeling of hostility to someone - like Zimmerman, for example. He should be prevented from doing it again, however.
"they will never see reason"
Hahahaha!
No... we've found "reason", and you are the ones lacking!
God is real.... You'll know the truth soon enough!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108181 Jul 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Now you claim their is absolutely no evidence for evolution?
I have no idea what you think "evidence" is, so I really have no idea where to start with this.
I think the fossil evidence found shows, evolution of animals and plants occur. It is clear that in the distant past, animals lived that look very close to what the animals that lived after them looked like. This happened in a progression that confirms the idea all the way to modern humans. We humans look very much like apes, and even have extremely close DNA relations.
Other than a larger brain, less hair, and walking upright, their is little to nothing different about us and apes.
We can see adaptations being naturally selected. This can be tested and seen virtually before our eyes in viruses and bacteria.
I get that you cannot put the pieces of evidence together to conclude animals and plants evolve, but to claim their is no evidence that points to the theory being true is just an extreme denial of the facts.
"I think the fossil evidence found shows, evolution of animals and plants occur"....
Wrong again!
Fossils ONLY show something DIED!
Notice the Layers... Almost as if they were buried Quickly, as in say.... A FLOOD!
Gees.... You'll strain at a gnat to swallow a camel!
NO intermediate fossils have, or will be found... EVER!
I guess you guys could CREATE some... Again!
Hahaha... that's funny, I never could figure out cheaters...
To win a game by cheating, and lying... proves only that you cheat, and lie!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108182 Jul 8, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
What reason would an atheist become God fearing? Some of the God fearing christians have converted to Islam and Judaism. Some of the God fearing Christians have abandoned the belief in God and become Atheist. So I don't think you have made a good point for a belief in a God.
Most christians believe that Armageddon will happen between now and 2018. If it does not within next ten years will you still believe in God?
Satan does not care HOW you go to hell... just that you go!
He lead Adam, and Eve away with a lie too!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108183 Jul 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right.
The reason you SHOULD dwell on is when you are shot down for walking around with your thumb stuck up your ass.
Hello Buck!
Good day to ya!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108184 Jul 8, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
A fact is something so obviously true it would be ridiculous to deny it.
The reason evolution is considered a fact by most thinking people is because the evidence is so overwhelming it would be silly to deny it.
We could quibble over definitions all day long but in the end that is the truth of it.
Now, as the actual *theory* that explains evolution we cannot call that a fact. That is why the term "scientific theory" is used.
When a ball is dropped it falls to the ground. That is a fact. The theories of Newton and Einstein explain the fact.
Hahahaha... Hahahaha... Hahahahaha!
What tripe!
Hahahahahahahahahaha!
happy

Lexington, KY

#108185 Jul 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>If there is no God but there are those that Believe there is then what Bacon bits says is moot.... Atheist are not concerned with a God.... Atheists are concerned with what Believer in God might do in the real world due to living part time in a make believe world....
Wait till u c our make believe..
happy

Lexington, KY

#108186 Jul 8, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
"SCOTUS shoots down DOMA and you could hear a pin drop on here."

The religies are waiting on god for a reply. The religie websites will post it as soon as god tells them and it will appear here shortly afer that, chain of command thingy.
No big surprise.? Sodom and Gomorrah ...
happy

Lexington, KY

#108187 Jul 8, 2013
Khubala wrote:
Sir Isaac Newton

Atheism is so senseless & odious to mankind that it never had many professors. Can it be by accident that all birds beasts & men have their right side & left side alike shaped (except in their bowells) & just two eyes & no more on either side the face & just two ears on either side the head & a nose with two holes & no more between the eyes & one mouth under the nose & either two fore leggs or two wings or two arms on the sholders & two leggs on the hipps one on either side & no more? Whence arises this uniformity in all their outward shapes but from the counsel & contrivance of an Author? Whence is it that the eyes of all sorts of living creatures are transparent to the very bottom & the only transparent members in the body, having on the outside an hard transparent skin, & within transparent juyces with a crystalline Lens in the middle & a pupil before the Lens all of them so truly shaped & fitted for vision, that no Artist can mend them? Did blind chance know that there was light & what was its refraction & fit the eys of all creatures after the most curious manner to make use of it? These & such like considerations always have & ever will prevail with man kind to believe that there is a being who made all things & has all things in his power & who is therfore to be feared.
Amen
happy

Lexington, KY

#108188 Jul 8, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>You are confusing the *idea* of a god with the *reality* of a god. The reason there is even a word like "atheism" is because a lot of people believe in god, not because god is real.

Do you see what I mean?

A common quip you hear is that not believing in god is like not collecting stamps. Yet there is no special word for a "non-stamp collector". This is because belief in magic runs deep in humans. Once we evolved the ability to think about other minds besides our own we have had this need for explanations. In the absence of the ability to answer questions, such as why the sun rises, we fill that void of knowledge with the idea of some "other mind" that is beyond humans.

God.

And the idea has been so central to our lives that we have forums like this to argue over it.
If u don't believe why do u bother with the argument?
happy

Lexington, KY

#108189 Jul 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you could show that post, you might just have a point, but as usual, you have accusations with zero evidence.
16,952 comments...?! Lol
happy

Lexington, KY

#108190 Jul 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Then the answer is no, god cannot do anything. He does what he wants to do.
But you guys were not willing to admit the god could not do something.
Just try answering the darned questions and quit dancing around and maybe you will get a bit more respect.

BTW, how can you know what size rocks god needs to create? How can you know what size rocks god can lift?
How can you know god does not test himself?
Point is, you guys seem to just invent what god does, and this is a great example of this. This is why I think the entire idea of god is simply of mans imagination.
Do u read your own replies?
happy

Lexington, KY

#108191 Jul 8, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>IS that like the idiots that try and speak for what they *only* pressume to know what others think, but really have no clue, due to existing in cosmical states of abject ignorance themselves?

Cause yeah, that kind of stuff is really pretty pathetic.
:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VCR tapes to DVD tapes 2 hr Jackie 1
Brett 2 hr lololol 5
who's the best lay from the creek 2 hr wondering 6
truck payments 2 hr hookah 17
dinky phipps 3 hr joe cool 2
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,605
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 405
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 10 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 11 hr jack 7
Barbourville Dating