Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,160)

Showing posts 103,181 - 103,200 of123,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for evidence.
Tisk, tisk...
I can tell you about the Grand Canyon, even show you pictures,
but... unless you experience God for yourself,
seek Him diligently...
You will never Know what WE Know, until Judgment day!
ProvenScience

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the dumbest thing I've read today. Thank you.
And here's the duhmest thing out of Caliphonybrokia for today-

Campus instructor demands student remove her "cross necklace" for fear it might offend some one.

REALLLLLYYYY? What an UNAmerican LOSER. Ship'him to flip'n commieTic third world wherever-where that kind of loser idioTicness belongs.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

care8741 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a FACT for anyone who believes in the THEORY that human kind developed from sludge or monkeys. Evolutionism is a Religion that shouldn't be pushed, or even mentioned, to the children attending public schools. Period. If you are going to talk seperation of government and religion/schools and religion, then come on! Let's not forget all those other religions in this world. If a Christian is forced not to pray or speak, a muslim should be forced not to bow or wear a head covering, and teachers should be forced not to teach the religion known as evolutionism.
If you are reading this, please take a moment... If you have a bible, read it. If you don't, go buy or borrow one: King James, New American Standerd, or Giddion. Sometimes a church will give them out for free. IT IS NOT A FAIRY TALE!!! Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Everything that happened in the Old and New Testament DID happen. I am not asking that teachers at public schools push Christianity on kids; I'm asking parents at home push Christianity on kids! It is the parents responsibility to FIGHT the spiritual battle for their children. And parents should leave a path they would want their children to follow...
Evolution is not a religion, so your argument fails. Evolution is science. Just because some speak of evolution religiously, this does not make it a religion anymore so than football being a religion.
Btw, people are not being forced not to pray. Just don't expect Goverment to force prayer upon our kids.
If you don't know the difference, then that is your ignorance problem.
Having a teacher pray to children is forcing religion upon them.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said God can do anything. So your dumb question, and your weak point, do not apply to me.
My statement was to someone who claimed god could do anything. If you are goofing to stick your nose in our debate, be prepared to defend the claims you side made on the topic. My question applies perfectly and you have failed to show otherwise.
You clearly just cannot admit to being wrong.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between fact and theory. Evolution is a fact, the Theory of Evolution is a theory that explains the fact of evolution.
It is a fact that things fall to the ground when dropped. It is a fact that light takes about 8 minutes to get to Earth from the Sun. It is a fact that there is a tiny time delay between satellites and GPS devices. Newtonian physics is a theory that explains a lot of that, and Relativity is an even better theory that explains much more of it.
One day we might get a theory of evolution that is better than what we have today, just like we did with physics. But until that day comes we teach what we know.
What is the alternative? Teach kids nothing at all? Teach them that god did it? Fill their heads with all manner of contradictory, unsupported ideas and then expect them to know how to parse the good from the bad?
It is a fact that trying to explain God's creation by using a foolish theory as proposed by some scientists and Evolutionists is an attempt to insult the intelligence of even the lowest form of intellect.
The nonliving can not create life.
Non intelligence can not create intelligence.
Evolutionists and atheists are good at creating and spreading nonsense and giberish.
They can not accept that there is an intelligent being capable of creating the universe,life and everything therein.
They will accept that those events happened by accident.
Problem is,they are unable to explain those accidents...
Other than; 3 billion years ago,on a saturday afternoon at 4:20 PM
something happened that created life...
500 million years ago,on the eleventeenth of May,another unobserved and undocumented event took place in the region known as lower Slobovia.
A VERTEBRATE HAD A FREAK ACCIDENT and there statrted the beginings of intelligence.
Now ,if you weill excuse me,I will get back to watching the Wizard Of Oz.
I like the part where the house falls on the wicked witch in the woods.
By the way,Did ya know?
70 % of chidren raised by atheist parents will become religiously affiliated in their adult life...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

DOES ANYONE CARE TO EXPLAIN THE FOLLOWING

Biology texts illustrate amoebas evolving into intermediate organisms, which then give rise to amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and, eventually, humans. Yet, we never learn exactly when or how independent male and female sexes originated. Somewhere along this evolutionary path, both males and females were required in order to ensure the procreation that was necessary to further the existence of a particular species. But how do evolutionists explain this? When pressed to answer questions such as,“Where did males and females actually come from?,”“What is the evolutionary origin of sex?,” evolutionists become silent. How could nature evolve a female member of a species that produces eggs and is internally equipped to nourish a growing embryo, while at the same time evolving a male member that produces motile sperm cells? And, further, how is it that these gametes (eggs and sperm) conveniently “evolved” so that they each contain half the normal chromosome number of somatic (body) cells?[Somatic cells reproduce via the process of mitosis, which maintains the species’ standard chromosome number; gametes are produced via the process of meiosis, which halves that number.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I have plenty of evidence... I'm still Alive!
You are ignorant of His existence!
You keep saying you have plenty of evidence, yet you present none. Where is this evidence? If there is plenty then it should be a simple matter for you to present it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Tisk, tisk...
I can tell you about the Grand Canyon, even show you pictures,
but... unless you experience God for yourself,
seek Him diligently...
You will never Know what WE Know, until Judgment day!
Yes, and because you can show pictures, rock samples, and other verifiable evidence the existence of the Grand Canyon is not questionable. You have no evidence for your god, thus your claim is dismissed as fairy tales.
ProvenScience

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fact that trying to explain God's creation by using a foolish theory as proposed by some scientists and Evolutionists is an attempt to insult the intelligence of even the lowest form of intellect.
The nonliving can not create life.
Non intelligence can not create intelligence.
Evolutionists and atheists are good at creating and spreading nonsense and giberish.
They can not accept that there is an intelligent being capable of creating the universe,life and everything therein.
They will accept that those events happened by accident.
Problem is,they are unable to explain those accidents...
Other than; 3 billion years ago,on a saturday afternoon at 4:20 PM
something happened that created life...
500 million years ago,on the eleventeenth of May,another unobserved and undocumented event took place in the region known as lower Slobovia.
A VERTEBRATE HAD A FREAK ACCIDENT and there statrted the beginings of intelligence.
Now ,if you weill excuse me,I will get back to watching the Wizard Of Oz.
I like the part where the house falls on the wicked witch in the woods.
By the way,Did ya know?
70 % of chidren raised by atheist parents will become religiously affiliated in their adult life...
Who ever ruled out that the possible aforementioned vertebrae was not a sprinkle of proverbial salt dropped unto the Earth, from elsewhere..still YET, that of which remains unknown?
To rule such out-would sound about as ignorant and idioTic as an athiest speaking.

I like the part where the wicked witch melts away into the pile of hatred goo she represented.:-)
ProvenScience

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
DOES ANYONE CARE TO EXPLAIN THE FOLLOWING
Biology texts illustrate amoebas evolving into intermediate organisms, which then give rise to amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and, eventually, humans. Yet, we never learn exactly when or how independent male and female sexes originated. Somewhere along this evolutionary path, both males and females were required in order to ensure the procreation that was necessary to further the existence of a particular species. But how do evolutionists explain this? When pressed to answer questions such as,“Where did males and females actually come from?,”“What is the evolutionary origin of sex?,” evolutionists become silent. How could nature evolve a female member of a species that produces eggs and is internally equipped to nourish a growing embryo, while at the same time evolving a male member that produces motile sperm cells? And, further, how is it that these gametes (eggs and sperm) conveniently “evolved” so that they each contain half the normal chromosome number of somatic (body) cells?[Somatic cells reproduce via the process of mitosis, which maintains the species’ standard chromosome number; gametes are produced via the process of meiosis, which halves that number.
Interesting theory that allows for both Science AND faith to exist harmoniously-for those with some actual functioning brain matter anyway-- isn't it.
ProvenScience

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Therefore, SOME of us will stand on our *original* appreciation that of the wisdom that can be found within the PERSONAL favorite quote of-

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

*NO additional quotes required* as MANY can READ, Speak and THINK as well, for THEMSELVES.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

www.scribd.com/doc/149384308 ...
So true

Flag Pond, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Happy 4th all!!!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Of course the truth being,

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly."

Albert Einstein

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
That is the dumbest thing I've read today. Thank you.
Dumb but true:
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/07/01/...

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
You should have told us Don from Cambridge, Nebraska said it.
It was Ned from Cambridge, Nebraska that who said, "there is no god".
They be some truthful people in Nebraska for sure.
Everyone can take as fact what Don and Ned say, don't you agree?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Truthsayer777 wrote:
www.scribd.com/doc/149384308.. .
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>There is a difference between fact and theory. Evolution is a fact, the Theory of Evolution is a theory that explains the fact of evolution.

It is a fact that things fall to the ground when dropped. It is a fact that light takes about 8 minutes to get to Earth from the Sun. It is a fact that there is a tiny time delay between satellites and GPS devices. Newtonian physics is a theory that explains a lot of that, and Relativity is an even better theory that explains much more of it.

One day we might get a theory of evolution that is better than what we have today, just like we did with physics. But until that day comes we teach what we know.

What is the alternative? Teach kids nothing at all? Teach them that god did it? Fill their heads with all manner of contradictory, unsupported ideas and then expect them to know how to parse the good from the bad?
I'm ok with teaching that evolution occurs, while providing examples that have been proven. But apes to humans have not been proven yet, so it should be taught as a theory. Just as whether you are born gay or not has not been proven yet, it should be taught that it is a theory, and then present the evidence that leads some to believe it.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Humans share a common ancestor with apes.
NOT
Apes turning into humans.

Do all religies get their degrees in Stupid from the same school?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying you have plenty of evidence, yet you present none. Where is this evidence? If there is plenty then it should be a simple matter for you to present it.
Let's not beat around the burning bush.
There is no god.
No god means no evidence.
No religie can produce what does not exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 103,181 - 103,200 of123,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search