Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,158)

Showing posts 103,141 - 103,160 of122,586
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like teaching religion that has zero evidence as fact? Yes, that can be dangerous.
It astounds me how you claim god as certainty, yet can produce not a drop of evidence. You show quite a bit of hypocrisy, as we can see here. You have double standards.

You clearly do not even know the definition of a "fact". But I get that what you have been taught is simply the mainstream idea that has absolutely zero evidence and is claimed as fact.

Homosexuality being innate has quite a bit of observable evidence.
Bullying homosexuals has observable evidence. Condemning this bullying by public schools does not defy any evidence and is supported by much evidence.

Now just why do you teach Mormonism as if it were a certainty?
I've never said it was fact. I have been overly redundant in saying faith was required.
The great thing about it is that you can know for yourself if you truly seek to know. For most all of you that condemn us for believing things that men wrote, you also believe what men say they discovered in a science lab, though you weren't there and are takin their word for it, and others in a different lab can come to a different conclusion, and many times it isn't fact, but rather a theory.
Hmmmm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not use it as the reason it should be acceptable, I use it to show how it is not unnatural.
You guys keep claiming it is unnatural, then I respond with evidence.
The act harms no one anymore so than heterosexual relationships.
I really do not expect you to "accept" it, but I would hope you just used a logical reason to prohibit gay marriage. You have yet to do so.

I don't like religion, but I would never try to outlaw it. Outlawing such things causes more harm than good.
So with that logic, outlawing murder is the wrong thing to do.

It isn't natural, sorry. Nature (whether you believe in God or not) definitely requires male and female to continue any natural specie. Sure being aroused is natural, but you can't justify sex with your vacuum cleaner by saying it is natural. Again, just because it fits doesn't mean you should put it there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why should I know this when their is no good evidence to the claim? If you wish for me to believe your claim, then show me it is true with something like evidence. Hell, I would be happy if you could just produce some logic and reason, but you do not even try.
Unlike yourself, I do not believe claims with no evidence. Did some ancient book tell you about animals killing for fun?
I had an old cocker spaniel that would pick up baby rabbits and turtles and crunch them, then drop them and walk away. Then go back and play with his tennis ball.
That's enough evidence for me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Believing in things that are not there is also natural, but I certainly do not try to outlaw it.

Humans have a large brain. We can use that brain to help determine what is detrimental and what is not. We can observe nature to inform us of what is detrimental or not. You have yet to demonstrate how homosexual marriage is detrimental.

I see America's number one founding principle is freedom.
I have demonstrated how your comparisons to gay marriage are detrimental (incest, bestiality, pedophilia).
Now either demonstrate how gay marriage is detrimental or else you just look like a superstitious person who condemns homosexuality with no logical reason to back up his bigotry.
I haven't seen your answer on incest yet either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well they can try, but the evidence is stacked against them. It is well documented that human incest produces birth defects. This in effect, is directly causing harm to a third party.
Evidence shows pheromones repel us from our relatives.
Evidence also shows that if separated and raised with no knowledge of each other, there is no such repellant.

And what if they aren't trying to have kids? Daddy and daughter just enjoy each other? Are you ok with that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I curse god in lightning storms just to prove a point. I have zero fear in mythical beings.
I pictured Lt. Dan for a second there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Their is a point and that point is, some things are just impossible. So when a religious person claims god can do anything, it is a demonstrably false claim.

Another point was shown here. When a religious person is confronted with a hard question, he avoids it like the plague. He runs and claims he is not running. The self denial is overwhelmingly evident.
I have never said God can do anything. So your dumb question, and your weak point, do not apply to me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And just how can you know they are not practicing for the big game? The big game in the animal world is killing other animals to survive. It is a game that must be played and perfected. Now you seem to claim they need no practice and can know their emotions as they practice?
Because domesticated animals aren't practicing for anything and would most likely die if they had to live on their own.
That cat knows there is big bowl of fancy feast waiting. No reason to kill the mouse and then walk away.
care8741

Olive Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

kellerman wrote:
It's not appropriate to teach religion in school. we live in a diverse society and can't teach all religions in schools. One has to keep these separate, it's up to the parents to inform their children on religious upbringing. I thought this issue was long solved, but i see it keeps coming back up.
You say that it's not appropriate to teach religion in school??? Well, if you are going to go so far as to take moral value out of the public school system, then evolutionism should be pulled as well, considering it also is a form of religion, with many followers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So now humans hunting is immoral?
You seem not to be able to understand the value of practice.
Humans hunting other humans most certainly should be considered immoral. I hope you don't intend to disagree with this too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well obviously killing humans is detrimental to some humans and violates their constitutional rights.
Again, freedom is key here in America, and if you kill a human, you are not allowing their freedom.

You seem to have no idea of how to use an understanding of nature and apply it to the human condition. You seem to just throw facts up in the air and not make refined connections.
I am starting to think your religious mind is blocking so much rational thought in your mind, you cannot evaluate the reality of nature.
The only difference is that humans are smart enough to create laws and punishments around these acts. If these laws and punishments were not in place, murders would be more frequent.
care8741

Olive Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Oh, I forgot... The parents of the usa haven't wanted moral values to be a part of their childrens up bringing for many years now... how sad...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am not due to how it is evidenced to lead to birth defects.
If what you do is causing harm to other humans, it is good cause not to condone it legally.

I realize I keep repeating this, but you clearly do not get the message unless it is pounded into your head.
They aren't doing harm to another human. The other human doesn't even exist and it has no rights remember?

So for sake of argument, it sounds like you are just fine with incest as long as they use birth control?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>I kinda think ripping the heads off Humans in the womb might be considered Harm....
That's very true

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very true
I agree. Very true. Abortion is murder, no matter how many ways you flip it.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

If California can teach children to sell Obamacare in public school, why wouldn't you want the bible taught, just for balance?
ProvenScience

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hubris is not dangerous...
The Actions of the Individual or Group can be....
Bullchit.

Definition of HUBRIS
: exaggerated pride or self-confidence

Example-the HUBRIS of wiki-STUPIDITY

"On Tuesday, Russia also said that Snowden had applied for asylum in 15 countries, not 21 as had been claimed by anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks a day earlier. There was no immediate explanation for this discrepancy."

AS in: When Lack of CREDIBILITY say anything type bullchit-- due to LACK of personal accountability due to LACK of correct facts (sans spin or opinion), it then becomes a PROBLEM (* three.)

As in BUH-Obble-headed; birdbrain parrot squawk and repeat anything, BUH`-ULL-Chit.
Hubris.
ProvenScience

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes,The magical and faity tale content of evolution is the norm in the minds of those who inhabit the Twilight zone.
Millions of years ago,in a land far away"A genetic accident experienced by an invertebrate sea animal, led to extra copies of brain genes being made. These extra genes benefited the sea animal's descendants, leading to behaviorally sophisticated vertebrates, including humans,
If you ever wondered about the origin of intelligence in humans and other mammals, that's the answer from a team of researchers led by Professor Seth Grant of the University of Edinburgh.
Spaced Out
Interesting possible theory isn't it-especially in some fossil species (of the pre-Cambrian tethys era) are known to produce gametes and brood planulae.

Personal opinion-such is best studied by those in sober states, with sound, drug free minds however.
ProvenScience

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't common now, but it will become so.
And again, that dog humping someone's leg equals consent in someone's warped mind.
And what about a brother and sister that were separated and did not grow up together? How would they know not to be attracted to each other?
There's actually some scientific research on that too, which involves sweaty t-shirt comparisons of several different specimens.
Those related, were observed to be repelled from each other.
ProvenScience

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you so frequently answer the same post twice?
Of course it is growing. It is easier and you get to please yourself however you feel and believe there will be no consequence. Sounds like party time while the parents are away. Whoo hoo
All is great until you hear the car pull up outside.
lol

Anyone would think after a certain age, an actual clue on that kind of stuff would sink in.

Especially after 35 or so!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 103,141 - 103,160 of122,586
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

96 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mayor files lawsuit against six council members 5 min love4ky 153
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Calvin_Coolish 138,374
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 15 min Anne52 81,185
Knox Central softball 51 min her peas 4
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 1 hr holland 13
Larry dye and Amy dye 3 hr haha 15
Prositute Wendy mills creek 3 hr pleeese 4
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 5:55PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs