Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
103,021 - 103,040 of 129,047 Comments Last updated 55 min ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Animals kill for fun too. Not sure why you don't know this.
My point was, just because homosexuality happens in the animal kingdom, it doesn't make it right. So stop using it as a reason to accept it.
Animals kill their own kind for food (cannibalism). That doesn't mean it's ok for us to do it too.
Animals kill for fun. That doesn't mean we should follow their lead and call it natural.
My dog used to hump a basketball, that doesn't mean humans should.
I do not use it as the reason it should be acceptable, I use it to show how it is not unnatural.
You guys keep claiming it is unnatural, then I respond with evidence.
The act harms no one anymore so than heterosexual relationships.
I really do not expect you to "accept" it, but I would hope you just used a logical reason to prohibit gay marriage. You have yet to do so.

I don't like religion, but I would never try to outlaw it. Outlawing such things causes more harm than good.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
M
Why should I know this when their is no good evidence to the claim? If you wish for me to believe your claim, then show me it is true with something like evidence. Hell, I would be happy if you could just produce some logic and reason, but you do not even try.
Unlike yourself, I do not believe claims with no evidence. Did some ancient book tell you about animals killing for fun?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was, just because homosexuality happens in the animal kingdom, it doesn't make it right. So stop using it as a reason to accept it.
Animals kill their own kind for food (cannibalism). That doesn't mean it's ok for us to do it too.
Animals kill for fun. That doesn't mean we should follow their lead and call it natural.
My dog used to hump a basketball, that doesn't mean humans should.
Believing in things that are not there is also natural, but I certainly do not try to outlaw it.

Humans have a large brain. We can use that brain to help determine what is detrimental and what is not. We can observe nature to inform us of what is detrimental or not. You have yet to demonstrate how homosexual marriage is detrimental.

I see America's number one founding principle is freedom.
I have demonstrated how your comparisons to gay marriage are detrimental (incest, bestiality, pedophilia).
Now either demonstrate how gay marriage is detrimental or else you just look like a superstitious person who condemns homosexuality with no logical reason to back up his bigotry.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

You can't learn about your culture if you don't know the bible.

Study the bible or remain ignorant; the choice is yours.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a case right now of a father and a daughter who were separated when she was young. They met, formed a sexual relationship, then found out they were related.
They are trying to prove that there is a biological attraction there because they are blood related, when in most cases, if they had been able to stay together, forms a mental block that tells the brain that person is off limits. Kinda like if your sister was hot, you'd still think she was gross. But if you were separated, you wouldn't see it that way. In other words, they are trying to prove that this is natural, and biologically sound.
Well they can try, but the evidence is stacked against them. It is well documented that human incest produces birth defects. This in effect, is directly causing harm to a third party.
Evidence shows pheromones repel us from our relatives.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh that's funny... funny, but wrong!
See, no Christian would cuss their God
see the book of Job), because We KNOW He's real!
Secondly, Fearing death is a Non-believers thing!
Paul said it best, "To Live, is Christ, to die is gain!"
Amen!
All humans fear death, but your beliefs might quite some of those fears. Not sure why you make fear of death sound like a bad thing?
The military trains people to not fear death so much. Likely for the same reasons religion did so. Whatever makes for a good soldier, marching off to war, with the cross of Jesus........

Know who did not fear death for the same reasons as yourself? The 9/11 hijackers. Marching off to war......

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh that's funny... funny, but wrong!
See, no Christian would cuss their God
see the book of Job), because We KNOW He's real!
Secondly, Fearing death is a Non-believers thing!
Paul said it best, "To Live, is Christ, to die is gain!"
Amen!
I curse god in lightning storms just to prove a point. I have zero fear in mythical beings.
Unbelievable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Tell me this if a lot of u all don't believe in God nor the Bible them what is the point of u wanting gay marriages mean what's the point if there is no significant reason to do it other than tax/health type issues.God is the reason man n woman make marriage for procreation.you can't disprove God doesn't exist not can u prove evolution is fact..the reason our society is the way it is nowadays is directly due to God being replaced as the core of society n family n being replaced w stuff or feelings.we can agree to disagree n love the sinner hate the sin but to act as if u all know that there isn't a God n that evolution Is the fact then u all r the problem.if the world were all Christian n I mean true believers not superficial them this world would b such a better place

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>US!
Sodom...
Read yer Bible!
Mythical stories of collapsed societies do not count.
Even in the Sodom story, the collapse was due to god murdering all the people.
You worship a mass murderer.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Unbelievable wrote:
Tell me this if a lot of u all don't believe in God nor the Bible them what is the point of u wanting gay marriages mean what's the point if there is no significant reason to do it other than tax/health type issues.God is the reason man n woman make marriage for procreation.you can't disprove God doesn't exist not can u prove evolution is fact..the reason our society is the way it is nowadays is directly due to God being replaced as the core of society n family n being replaced w stuff or feelings.we can agree to disagree n love the sinner hate the sin but to act as if u all know that there isn't a God n that evolution Is the fact then u all r the problem.if the world were all Christian n I mean true believers not superficial them this world would b such a better place
Kind of hard to understand your writing, as it is clear you dropped out of school at a young age.

Tax and health issues are important. Why would you deny people these privileges due to your superstition? Do you just hate equality and are that darned selfish?

Can you prove god made marriage?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Unbelievable wrote:
That whole "reality" thing doesn't "feel" right to you, does it?
Unbelievable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Mythical stories of collapsed societies do not count.
Even in the Sodom story, the collapse was due to god murdering all the people.
You worship a mass murderer.
Comments like that really do make it pointless to have a discussion. U believe the way u do n others will believe that this world was started by a Creator n u believe it was happenstance or some bacteria mutating through time into what we have now. Well both find out once were dead....Btw there is a documentary coming out I believe it's called evolution vs God on July 9...hope u all check it out...( evolutionvsgod.com )

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? several primates commit Murder within their own troops and have went on War Paths attacking other troops and killing all that they can...
Your Cat has never killed a bird or other small animal just to play with until they kill it? Mine do all the time and will do so and drop them on the door step as presents....
Wolves will many times attack and kill rivals with and outside of the pack because of plain dominance...
http://sciencefocus.com/qa/do-animals-murder-...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/33...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-19353...
So you equate killing for dominance, fun?

Your first mistake was using such a subjective word as "fun".

I demonstrated why a cat will toy with a mouse or a bug. It is practice for hunting.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
Comments like that really do make it pointless to have a discussion. U believe the way u do n others will believe that this world was started by a Creator n u believe it was happenstance or some bacteria mutating through time into what we have now. Well both find out once were dead....Btw there is a documentary coming out I believe it's called evolution vs God on July 9...hope u all check it out...( evolutionvsgod.com )
It is hard to have a discussion with someone who writes like a five year old.
Do you know what the word "hypocrite" means?

How can I know something when my brain stops functioning?
call me 18595366880

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

i can make it heaven or hell for you! so call me 18595366880

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're quite wrong.
There's already tons of places that allow same sex civil unions. If ayone actually really wanted to, the opportunities to do so already exist.
And after a few years later-from I have gathered, very reliably I might add (from a walking the walk of source-it's the same as any other, bless they're hearts too.
Vegas oughta just put up an instant wedding web page-and SPARE the nation a WHOLE lot of time, tax payer dollars and MORE WHINING, about stuff MANY (not all however) people will never agree with, because
THAT is just REALITY.
Worst admin ever-- nothing but THIRTY years BACKWARDS regression and whine whine whine ignorance.
So what am I wrong about? You sure did not point out any.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This question proves nothing. There is no answer to this question that will satisfy either party. It's as pointless as asking: can a true writer write a poem that he cannot read? Well, then he must not be a good writer.
Their is a point and that point is, some things are just impossible. So when a religious person claims god can do anything, it is a demonstrably false claim.

Another point was shown here. When a religious person is confronted with a hard question, he avoids it like the plague. He runs and claims he is not running. The self denial is overwhelmingly evident.
call me 18595366880

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

im better than god or the devil. so call me at 18595366880

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's too easy examples of this. Cats kill mice just to play with the carcass, then get bored and move on.
Dogs kill rabbits, or other small animals while wagging their tails about it, spit it out and then walk away. It certainly isn't for food. It isn't because they are practicing for the big game on Saturday. It isn't because they need to show how macho they are.
You don't need a study for that one. Just own a pet.
And just how can you know they are not practicing for the big game? The big game in the animal world is killing other animals to survive. It is a game that must be played and perfected. Now you seem to claim they need no practice and can know their emotions as they practice?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This wasn't even my point. My point was that just because the animal kingdom has certain behaviors, doesn't mean we should copy them.
So even if you believe dogs and cats kill for practice or to hone their skills, doesn't mean humans should do this.
So now humans hunting is immoral?
You seem not to be able to understand the value of practice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
yard sale 7 min baby 1
New club in Barbourville? 52 min Bville resident 20
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 53 min DITCH MITCH 147,282
Teresa Johnson and Rex 57 min Wondering 6
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 2 hr Susie 6
john sowders 2 hr not surprised 11
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 6 hr I think 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••