Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 134,322

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107863 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well obviously killing humans is detrimental to some humans and violates their constitutional rights.
Again, freedom is key here in America, and if you kill a human, you are not allowing their freedom.

You seem to have no idea of how to use an understanding of nature and apply it to the human condition. You seem to just throw facts up in the air and not make refined connections.
I am starting to think your religious mind is blocking so much rational thought in your mind, you cannot evaluate the reality of nature.
The only difference is that humans are smart enough to create laws and punishments around these acts. If these laws and punishments were not in place, murders would be more frequent.
care8741

Morehead, KY

#107864 Jul 1, 2013
Oh, I forgot... The parents of the usa haven't wanted moral values to be a part of their childrens up bringing for many years now... how sad...

Location hidden

#107865 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am not due to how it is evidenced to lead to birth defects.
If what you do is causing harm to other humans, it is good cause not to condone it legally.

I realize I keep repeating this, but you clearly do not get the message unless it is pounded into your head.
They aren't doing harm to another human. The other human doesn't even exist and it has no rights remember?

So for sake of argument, it sounds like you are just fine with incest as long as they use birth control?

Location hidden

#107866 Jul 1, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>I kinda think ripping the heads off Humans in the womb might be considered Harm....
That's very true

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#107867 Jul 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very true
I agree. Very true. Abortion is murder, no matter how many ways you flip it.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#107868 Jul 2, 2013
If California can teach children to sell Obamacare in public school, why wouldn't you want the bible taught, just for balance?
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#107869 Jul 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hubris is not dangerous...
The Actions of the Individual or Group can be....
Bullchit.

Definition of HUBRIS
: exaggerated pride or self-confidence

Example-the HUBRIS of wiki-STUPIDITY

"On Tuesday, Russia also said that Snowden had applied for asylum in 15 countries, not 21 as had been claimed by anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks a day earlier. There was no immediate explanation for this discrepancy."

AS in: When Lack of CREDIBILITY say anything type bullchit-- due to LACK of personal accountability due to LACK of correct facts (sans spin or opinion), it then becomes a PROBLEM (* three.)

As in BUH-Obble-headed; birdbrain parrot squawk and repeat anything, BUH`-ULL-Chit.
Hubris.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#107870 Jul 2, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes,The magical and faity tale content of evolution is the norm in the minds of those who inhabit the Twilight zone.
Millions of years ago,in a land far away"A genetic accident experienced by an invertebrate sea animal, led to extra copies of brain genes being made. These extra genes benefited the sea animal's descendants, leading to behaviorally sophisticated vertebrates, including humans,
If you ever wondered about the origin of intelligence in humans and other mammals, that's the answer from a team of researchers led by Professor Seth Grant of the University of Edinburgh.
Spaced Out
Interesting possible theory isn't it-especially in some fossil species (of the pre-Cambrian tethys era) are known to produce gametes and brood planulae.

Personal opinion-such is best studied by those in sober states, with sound, drug free minds however.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#107871 Jul 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't common now, but it will become so.
And again, that dog humping someone's leg equals consent in someone's warped mind.
And what about a brother and sister that were separated and did not grow up together? How would they know not to be attracted to each other?
There's actually some scientific research on that too, which involves sweaty t-shirt comparisons of several different specimens.
Those related, were observed to be repelled from each other.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#107872 Jul 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you so frequently answer the same post twice?
Of course it is growing. It is easier and you get to please yourself however you feel and believe there will be no consequence. Sounds like party time while the parents are away. Whoo hoo
All is great until you hear the car pull up outside.
lol

Anyone would think after a certain age, an actual clue on that kind of stuff would sink in.

Especially after 35 or so!!
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#107873 Jul 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>

It isn't natural, sorry. Nature (whether you believe in God or not) definitely requires male and female to continue any natural specie.
Not actually, in a "two seperate entities" sense anyway.

See "mussidaes".
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#107874 Jul 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence also shows that if separated and raised with no knowledge of each other, there is no such repellant.
And what if they aren't trying to have kids? Daddy and daughter just enjoy each other? Are you ok with that?
Hadhazy, A. "Humans might use a nuanced concoction of chemicals even more complex than formal pheromones to attract potential mates" ScientificAmerican. 2/2012

Instinct may also guide us in this manner: Previous research has revealed that human females preferred the musk of sweaty T-shirts worn by men with suitably different MHC genes.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#107875 Jul 2, 2013
care8741 wrote:
Oh, I forgot... The parents of the usa haven't wanted moral values to be a part of their childrens up bringing for many years now... how sad...
On the bright side, not all parents are like that-some of us really do still value stuff like morality, ethics, integrity, credibility, you know traits that are cultivated by a more civilized society, rather than just the random herd pack animalisTic mentality.

Location hidden

#107876 Jul 2, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>There's actually some scientific research on that too, which involves sweaty t-shirt comparisons of several different specimens.
Those related, were observed to be repelled from each other.
?
I'm repelled from any sweaty tshirt. Aren't you?
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#107878 Jul 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
?
I'm repelled from any sweaty tshirt. Aren't you?
I think that "theory" is a little out there, yes...and that is why laundry detergent was invented.
youre literally crazy

Somerset, KY

#107879 Jul 2, 2013
Watch with an open mind. I dare you.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#107880 Jul 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
If California can teach children to sell Obamacare in public school, why wouldn't you want the bible taught, just for balance?
That is the dumbest thing I've read today. Thank you.

Location hidden

#107881 Jul 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we shouldn't call it "fact" and we shouldn't teach it as "fact". It is theory and should be taught as such.
There is a difference between fact and theory. Evolution is a fact, the Theory of Evolution is a theory that explains the fact of evolution.

It is a fact that things fall to the ground when dropped. It is a fact that light takes about 8 minutes to get to Earth from the Sun. It is a fact that there is a tiny time delay between satellites and GPS devices. Newtonian physics is a theory that explains a lot of that, and Relativity is an even better theory that explains much more of it.

One day we might get a theory of evolution that is better than what we have today, just like we did with physics. But until that day comes we teach what we know.

What is the alternative? Teach kids nothing at all? Teach them that god did it? Fill their heads with all manner of contradictory, unsupported ideas and then expect them to know how to parse the good from the bad?

Location hidden

#107883 Jul 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hubris is not dangerous...
Okey dokey.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#107885 Jul 2, 2013
Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a superpower!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim Helton in jail!! (Dec '13) 45 min Ashley an kim 23
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 632
Joshua vandusen 2 hr wholefamilyretarded 3
Daniel Boone 5 hr true bs 2
looking for a three bedroom for rent!!! 7 hr owner 14
Loretta Gray, Manager of the Projects (Jan '10) 9 hr yep 6
Megan 12 hr Sam 7
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Sun Physics_Works 71

Flood Warning for Knox County was issued at March 01 at 4:54PM EST

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:36 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:36AM
Titans OT Roos Announces Retirement After 10 Seasons