Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,467

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107695 Jun 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Animals kill for food or to protect food territory.
Looking at the history of the world, humans certainly do this.
Looking at the bible, humans certainly do this and often claim they did it with gods blessing.
Animals kill for fun too. Not sure why you don't know this.

My point was, just because homosexuality happens in the animal kingdom, it doesn't make it right. So stop using it as a reason to accept it.

Animals kill their own kind for food (cannibalism). That doesn't mean it's ok for us to do it too.
Animals kill for fun. That doesn't mean we should follow their lead and call it natural.

My dog used to hump a basketball, that doesn't mean humans should.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107696 Jun 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked Q about the slippery slope. Polygyny would most likely be next, followed by incest, and I would wager, it will eventually come to human and animal. And in maybe 200 years people will be considered bigots for not wanting incest and beastiality to occur.
Then why has it not in any of the countries that have allowed gay marriage? That is why your slippery slope is a fallacy, because there is no evidence suggesting that it would happen, none, zero. It is also the exact same slipper slope used by those against interracial marriage. You have so little faith in humanity because you put it all into your imaginary friend. But humanity is real, and does a lot of good things, your imaginary friend is not real, and has not done any good things.

Location hidden

#107697 Jun 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Incest is not natural. Homosexual behavior is prevalent in nature, but incest is not. Incest is prevalent in the bible though. In fact, the claim of the bible shows all humans are the product of two relationships of incest, Adam and Eve, and Noah and his family.

Incest is known to result in deformations in offspring. This alone will keep it off the list of what our government will condone.
There is a case right now of a father and a daughter who were separated when she was young. They met, formed a sexual relationship, then found out they were related.
They are trying to prove that there is a biological attraction there because they are blood related, when in most cases, if they had been able to stay together, forms a mental block that tells the brain that person is off limits. Kinda like if your sister was hot, you'd still think she was gross. But if you were separated, you wouldn't see it that way. In other words, they are trying to prove that this is natural, and biologically sound.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107698 Jun 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Animals kill for fun too. Not sure why you don't know this.
Because it's not supported by any evidence.
known truth

Tampa, FL

#107699 Jun 29, 2013
Matthew 16:23
King James Version (KJV)

23But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

1 Peter 5:8)
King James James (KJV)

8 BE sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1 Corinthians 15:33
King James Version (KJV))

33 Be not deceived: evil communication corrupt good manners.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107700 Jun 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a case right now of a father and a daughter who were separated when she was young. They met, formed a sexual relationship, then found out they were related.
They are trying to prove that there is a biological attraction there because they are blood related, when in most cases, if they had been able to stay together, forms a mental block that tells the brain that person is off limits. Kinda like if your sister was hot, you'd still think she was gross. But if you were separated, you wouldn't see it that way. In other words, they are trying to prove that this is natural, and biologically sound.
Link?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107701 Jun 29, 2013
known truth wrote:
Matthew 16:23
King James Version (KJV)
23But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
1 Peter 5:8)
King James James (KJV)
8 BE sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1 Corinthians 15:33
King James Version (KJV))
33 Be not deceived: evil communication corrupt good manners.
So one huge and important question remains ....

.... where is the evidence that your book is anything but a collection of myths?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107702 Jun 29, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
-How to play religie roulette-
Stand with other religies in a circle and curse god, see who gets struck by lightning first.
Oh that's funny... funny, but wrong!
See, no Christian would cuss their God
see the book of Job), because We KNOW He's real!
Secondly, Fearing death is a Non-believers thing!
Paul said it best, "To Live, is Christ, to die is gain!"
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107703 Jun 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What society had gay marriage, and collapsed due to it?
US!
Sodom...
Read yer Bible!
known truth

Tampa, FL

#107704 Jun 29, 2013
Job 26:7
King James Version (KJV)

7He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107705 Jun 29, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>US!
Sodom...
Read yer Bible!
Since your bible's stories are yet supported by any evidence of their supernatural myths, they are just myths. The real ones, none thus far.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#107706 Jun 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose asking for evidence of this is too much to ask. As of yet this has never been witnessed, nor documented, as far as I know.
<quoted text>
That's the puzzle, which specific chemicals produced by the DNA are responsible for the development of sexual attraction has yet to be determined. It is something hardwired into the brain, not something you can change, that has been demonstrated by various studies.
Are you kidding? several primates commit Murder within their own troops and have went on War Paths attacking other troops and killing all that they can...

Your Cat has never killed a bird or other small animal just to play with until they kill it? Mine do all the time and will do so and drop them on the door step as presents....

Wolves will many times attack and kill rivals with and outside of the pack because of plain dominance...

http://sciencefocus.com/qa/do-animals-murder-...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/33...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-19353...
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107707 Jun 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You claim it is a non issue, but if a government did not allow you to marry the adult you loved, it would suddenly be the only issue that seems important.
It is clearly not important to you because it does not affect your life. This shows you are only concerned about yourself.
I see you just avoid the issue at hand and whine about other things to create a diversion.
Actually, you're quite wrong.

There's already tons of places that allow same sex civil unions. If ayone actually really wanted to, the opportunities to do so already exist.
And after a few years later-from I have gathered, very reliably I might add (from a walking the walk of source-it's the same as any other, bless they're hearts too.

Vegas oughta just put up an instant wedding web page-and SPARE the nation a WHOLE lot of time, tax payer dollars and MORE WHINING, about stuff MANY (not all however) people will never agree with, because
THAT is just REALITY.

Worst admin ever-- nothing but THIRTY years BACKWARDS regression and whine whine whine ignorance.

Location hidden

#107708 Jun 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you did not get to the point at all. You played the game of dodge.
No religious persons here dared confront the actual question, can god create a rock he cannot lift.
I did not ask if he wants to create the damn rock, I asked if he can.
So either answer my question, or keep playing games to avoid answering the question. I am sure you will do the latter, as you often do when confronted with a hard question.

I am really just dumbfounded you claim to not be playing games.
This question proves nothing. There is no answer to this question that will satisfy either party. It's as pointless as asking: can a true writer write a poem that he cannot read? Well, then he must not be a good writer.

Location hidden

#107709 Jun 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Can you tell us which animal does this, other than humans?
I have heard of no study that makes this claim.
Here's too easy examples of this. Cats kill mice just to play with the carcass, then get bored and move on.
Dogs kill rabbits, or other small animals while wagging their tails about it, spit it out and then walk away. It certainly isn't for food. It isn't because they are practicing for the big game on Saturday. It isn't because they need to show how macho they are.

You don't need a study for that one. Just own a pet.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#107710 Jun 29, 2013
Leviticus 20:13
King James Version (KJV)

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
King James Version (KJV)

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 12:17-19
King James Version (KJV)

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Location hidden

#107711 Jun 29, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>that was to du what, and I suspect some cats play with mice and birds because they are challenged by the motion, and do not eat them afterwards. I am not even sure if they intend to kill, in some cases. There certainly is no evidence of hatred in their killing, in such cases, at least.
This wasn't even my point. My point was that just because the animal kingdom has certain behaviors, doesn't mean we should copy them.
So even if you believe dogs and cats kill for practice or to hone their skills, doesn't mean humans should do this.

Location hidden

#107712 Jun 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Then why has it not in any of the countries that have allowed gay marriage? That is why your slippery slope is a fallacy, because there is no evidence suggesting that it would happen, none, zero. It is also the exact same slipper slope used by those against interracial marriage. You have so little faith in humanity because you put it all into your imaginary friend. But humanity is real, and does a lot of good things, your imaginary friend is not real, and has not done any good things.
Who says incest and polygyny doesn't happen in other countries??

Location hidden

#107713 Jun 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Because it's not supported by any evidence.
Buy a cat. Find your evidence.

Location hidden

#107714 Jun 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Link?
I don't have a link. I heard it on the news

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 1 hr Kenitha Ross Warren 7
who will you vote for as jailer 1 hr kiario4 75
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 1 hr kiario4 33
Indictments 2 hr John 23
Allen Messer Dying of Lung Cancer? 3 hr Barbourville Supe... 11
Fall Color in S.E. Kentucky by Q 3 hr Quantummist 1
Sam Watts MUST GO! (Sep '12) 4 hr lol 56
Sheila and Jennifer Brown 13 hr John 3
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 16 hr Curiouswonderer 4
Barbourville Dating