Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,866

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#107775 Jun 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a link. I heard it on the news
Well if it was on the news, it must be one hundred percent true.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107776 Jun 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not 100% true. Some animals kill for fun.
A well fed dog that kills chickens, the whole coop at once with no desire to eat them and they are not presenting a threat.
And the animal that kills for fun and just for sport the most,,, HUMANS! Case closed.
The sport is practice. The instinctive urges should be clearly shown in these examples. But you interpret them in other ways.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107777 Jun 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are asserting that you know what they were thinking, I expect that from a creatard, not you. All animals are territorial, all of them, without exception, because that trait has proven beneficial in the wild. They also need practice at their skills, to hone them better, all animals also learn, and the biological brain works best through practice and making mistakes. Then there are the psychological instabilities and drugs. A whole slew of possible reasons that could baffle even the greatest minds simply because they don't know where to look.
Felines practice their skills, but they always eat what they kill ... eventually. Domestic felines do not have to eat their kills immediately, thanks to them being in a more protected environment, so they would not feel the pressures those in the wild do to consume their kill right there. But it is in the felines' instincts to hunt, stalk, and even chase, so your domestic cat example is moot, it's simply acting on known instinctual behaviors. Domestic felines are not that far removed from their feral kin, in mannerisms and instincts, and the feline has been heralded as the perfect hunter.
As to the others, we know they learn, and practice, much like we do. Though their methods are not always understood. They even teach others, and prune their own populations when resources are scarce. We have documented cases of apes teaching their offspring to use tools, many such things, as well as birds and other animals doing the same thing. Why is it such a stretch to consider that they'd also teach their own how to fight and just take it too far, we have a word for that phenomenon when humans do it, berserk rage.
Then there is the tiny technicality of murder implying law, but that is a minor technicality.
Well said.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107778 Jun 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So lets say we can blame instinct when cats kill and don't eat. That still doesn't mean we should use humans as targets when honing our sniping skills. So my point still stands that just because animals do it, doesn't mean we should.
Well obviously killing humans is detrimental to some humans and violates their constitutional rights.
Again, freedom is key here in America, and if you kill a human, you are not allowing their freedom.

You seem to have no idea of how to use an understanding of nature and apply it to the human condition. You seem to just throw facts up in the air and not make refined connections.
I am starting to think your religious mind is blocking so much rational thought in your mind, you cannot evaluate the reality of nature.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107779 Jun 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it really isn't. No matter how bad you want it to be.
So lets have your answer. Are you ok with all forms of incest being legal and supported because they are consenting adults?
I am not due to how it is evidenced to lead to birth defects.
If what you do is causing harm to other humans, it is good cause not to condone it legally.

I realize I keep repeating this, but you clearly do not get the message unless it is pounded into your head.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107780 Jun 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it really isn't. No matter how bad you want it to be.
So lets have your answer. Are you ok with all forms of incest being legal and supported because they are consenting adults?
No, and neither do those countries that made gay marriage legal over a decade ago.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107781 Jun 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So you should have witnessed one killing for a reason other than food.
Food, practice, territory, dominance. All these apply instinctively in nature. Now if you wish to call it "fun", then demonstrate, but you have yet to be able to do that.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107782 Jun 30, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no.
It will not come to humans and animals. Holy hell, people. What part of adult, mutual, and consent do you NOT understand??
Homosexuality is a sexual orientation. Being attracted to your sister is NOT. Desiring five wives is NOT. Those are completely different issues.
And if they ever came to the forefront of the culture wars (I doubt they will, personally, because far fewer people are compelled to practice incest or have multiple spouses) then we will parse the subject out fully, in public and open dialog...just like we have been doing with homosexuality for decades.
Jesus effin' Christ. If I was as scared of everything as you guys seem to be I'd just never leave the house.
We can't have the Romney brothers joining together in one big incestuous, homosexual, polygamous marriage, now can we?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107783 Jun 30, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What a crock!
Yer ok with planned murder of minority children, and claim crap like this...
We (Christians) will not hunt down, and kill gays!
It's you liberals like Margret Sanger that placed those murder clinics in strategic locations, and then tell them it's ok to kill their Babies if the want to!
Again with charges that are untrue? I have never supported anything you cite here. If you cannot support your argument without resorting to slanderous lies, you got nothing. Now god ask your god for forgiveness for breaking one of his commandments or else you go straight to hell.
Put up or shut up.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107784 Jun 30, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great post Q...
Ha ha, Yes and Amen agrees with Q. That has got to hurt Q.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107785 Jun 30, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You need to learn you some tolerance there Mikey... Your hypocritical bigotry is showing!
Oh wait... I forgot that with you guys...
Tolerance is a "ONE WAY" street!
Hey! Don't you be judging either!
I tolerate your beliefs enough not to try and make it illegal.
I judge you the most intolerant among us.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107786 Jun 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Darkness is the absence of photons. "It" doesn't hate anything.
Darkness kills for fun, it is a proven fact. The news said it.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#107789 Jun 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
You can't learn about your culture if you don't know the bible.
Study the bible or remain ignorant; the choice is yours.
Yeah no doubt. Remember that book in the Bible about how George Washington only reluctantly became President or that other book about the end of NASA's Space Shuttle program?

Oh wait...that Bible has nothing to do with our culture does it? My bad.

(If you happen to be a sheep herding Jew then you have my apologies.)

Location hidden

#107790 Jun 30, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
Tell me this if a lot of u all don't believe in God nor the Bible them what is the point of u wanting gay marriages mean what's the point if there is no significant reason to do it other than tax/health type issues.God is the reason man n woman make marriage for procreation.you can't disprove God doesn't exist not can u prove evolution is fact..the reason our society is the way it is nowadays is directly due to God being replaced as the core of society n family n being replaced w stuff or feelings.we can agree to disagree n love the sinner hate the sin but to act as if u all know that there isn't a God n that evolution Is the fact then u all r the problem.if the world were all Christian n I mean true believers not superficial them this world would b such a better place
Wow, that's like a tour de force of fallacies and ignorance.

1) I've been married over 20 years. I'm an atheist. My marriage has exactly NOTHING to do with any religious ideas. Marriage is about being a full member of your own society. That's all gays want. Full membership just like you and me.

2) You can't prove or disprove anything when it comes down to hardcore philosophical brass tacks. Nothing. You can't even prove that other people are real. But we don't live our lives in solipsism, do we? We accept things based on evidence, prior examples, trust, etc. Evolution is a fact as much as anything can be considered a fact. The Modern Synthesis, the Theory of Evolution that we all know and love, is the theory that explain the fact of evolution. Read Ernst Mayrs' "What Evolution Is" then get back to me.

3) "Love the sinner hate the sin" is dumb. Mainly because the idea of "sin" is dumb. But also because it ignores the reality (homosexuality is natural) and pretends to be compassionate while condoning hate speech, violence, and ignorance. When the words "love the sinner hate the sin" leave your lips you have just proven you are an idiot.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#107791 Jun 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha, Yes and Amen agrees with Q. That has got to hurt Q.
Nope, not in the least... I make my view based on my own knowledge base across the board and don't follow dogma of anyone... Some of my positions some will agree with and some will not.... That makes me think my positions are probably the correct positions when both side agree with some and disagree with others.... Delusion is not only the realm of the religious right, it's also a harbor for the sanctimonious left...

London, KY

#107792 Jun 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am not due to how it is evidenced to lead to birth defects.
If what you do is causing harm to other humans, it is good cause not to condone it legally.
I realize I keep repeating this, but you clearly do not get the message unless it is pounded into your head.
I kinda think ripping the heads off Humans in the womb might be considered Harm....

Location hidden

#107793 Jun 30, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not in the least... I make my view based on my own knowledge base across the board and don't follow dogma of anyone... Some of my positions some will agree with and some will not.... That makes me think my positions are probably the correct positions when both side agree with some and disagree with others.... Delusion is not only the realm of the religious right, it's also a harbor for the sanctimonious left...
Or...maybe your positions are always wrong and when either side happens to be wrong as well they agree with you?

It's possible. Delusion comes from all sides, after all. And you do claim to have solved the hard problems of physics...hmm....

London, KY

#107794 Jun 30, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Or...maybe your positions are always wrong and when either side happens to be wrong as well they agree with you?
It's possible. Delusion comes from all sides, after all. And you do claim to have solved the hard problems of physics...hmm....
Then you should take a course on reading Comprehension as I have never made such a claim.... All I have ever stated is that I have a Postulate that can explain some of the so far unexplained aspects of physics while maintaining R,SR an QM as valid and explains how QM works both in the micro and macro without conflict... At no point have I stated i have solved anything....

I could be wrong on lots of stuff but so far History has validated my every position so I'll keep pushing on....
Unbelievable

United States

#107795 Jun 30, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's like a tour de force of fallacies and ignorance.
1) I've been married over 20 years. I'm an atheist. My marriage has exactly NOTHING to do with any religious ideas. Marriage is about being a full member of your own society. That's all gays want. Full membership just like you and me.
2) You can't prove or disprove anything when it comes down to hardcore philosophical brass tacks. Nothing. You can't even prove that other people are real. But we don't live our lives in solipsism, do we? We accept things based on evidence, prior examples, trust, etc. Evolution is a fact as much as anything can be considered a fact. The Modern Synthesis, the Theory of Evolution that we all know and love, is the theory that explain the fact of evolution. Read Ernst Mayrs' "What Evolution Is" then get back to me.
3) "Love the sinner hate the sin" is dumb. Mainly because the idea of "sin" is dumb. But also because it ignores the reality (homosexuality is natural) and pretends to be compassionate while condoning hate speech, violence, and ignorance. When the words "love the sinner hate the sin" leave your lips you have just proven you are an idiot.
1)marriage means being a full Member of our society huh?!?!sounds a little Marxist to me. I guess not being married means I'm not a full member then right ?my point is I believe there is a fundamental reason man n woman come together to b in marriage is to cont society in the optimum way to advance society.. U can differ in opinion but that's mine n millions of others who think that way... Weird how everyone who don't believe in God act as if there superior in intellect n understanding then the db God loving person..
2) I believe there is a Creator u don't . U can't prove to me the evolution happened now can u? If we started as bacteria n went to apes then became Humans then where are all the phases of these transformations at. How come we don't see differ phases if ape to man running around??? Sounds as if that idea takes more faith than God loving folks need....tel me before the Torah (old testament ) to define sin what was sin then.. The Torah has defined sin for everyone... Also defined marriage too. N defined homosexuality is wrong as wel along w many other sins..btw I think it's a stated right just as I think every law should
Be...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107796 Jul 1, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
If we started as bacteria n went to apes then became Humans then where are all the phases of these transformations at. How come we don't see differ phases if ape to man running around???
Be...
Is the word "and" really to much for you to type? Your writing is bad enough without the laziness. Instead of putting three question marks in a row, put them after each question.

Their have been twenty two different hominid fossil species found that are clearly transitions between common ape and modern human.
Now fossils are rare, yet we have 22 so called, missing links. Yet you act as if their are none.

Evolution often takes a long time, or comes in spurts when the environment changes severely. Man has not been around long enough to expect to see any dramatic or noticeable changes in most species. We have seen some changes in some species though.

The changes in ape to man occurred over millions of years. We have less than ten thousand years of written history, so just do the math.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kids free glasses and hearing checked 1 hr Hot T OTC 7
missing pit bull 3 hr not joking 8
truck payments 3 hr lol 12
barbourville teen: snake in the grass 3 hr Tom Anderson 2
Need food badly 4 hr lol 31
Porsche mills 4 hr Info 21
Chad Michael Merida Florida jail 5 hr Ghost face 3223 29
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:55 am PST

NBC Sports 4:55AM
Sen'Derrick Marks has 600,000 reasons to play hard tonight
Bleacher Report 5:06 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
Bleacher Report10:57 AM
After 13 Games on the Bench, Browns Need to Show Patience with Johnny Manziel