Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
102,661 - 102,680 of 130,222 Comments Last updated 31 min ago

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe this passage will answer your question....
"... As it is written: See I lay a stone in Zion that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."
But something about the heathen that confounds me.
You claim not to believe, yet are constantly attacking God.
You refer to him by name..Yahweh
You call him cruel,a monster....
How is it that the heathen blame and lodge accusations against a deity that the heathen claim does not, nor did ever exist.
A sound mind does not function in such a manner.
I have the distinct impression that you do believe and can not bring yourselves to admit it for your arrogance....
Merely an observation based on the behaviour I have witnessed
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
---Aristotle

Atheists merely point out the obvious... IF there were such a creature as Yahweh as described in the bible, then he would be a monster.
We also point out the fact that there is NO PROOF for such a being other than in the delusional minds of some people.

Your "distinct impression" is incorrect.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
"... As it is written: See I lay a stone in Zion that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."
How is it that the heathen blame and lodge accusations against a deity that the heathen claim does not, nor did ever exist.
I have the distinct impression that you do believe and can not bring yourselves to admit it for your arrogance....
You know your god is really you, right?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Slope is there, oiled and ready because the argument you make can also apply to 1 guy and 20 woman, 1 woman and 20 guys, 10 guys and 10 women...(mutual adult consent)... which then can Glide to segments thinking a 18 year old guy having sexual contact with a 16 year old girl is ok, or a 20 year old girl and a 16 year old boy... Or a 19 year old boy with a 15 year old boy... is ok because maturity is not a age thing.... Which can lead to a woman not seeing the problem with her Adult German Shepard showing her mutual adult consent ....
There is no error in my logic as all of the above has been at past points in human history Acceptable due to Social Norms of the time and the Only factor that sets the bar for a Heterosexual lifestyle is the social accepted norm of the time and the generalized movement of that social accepted norm historically slipped and slid in both directions...
You indeed are making a categorical error. Consensual adult relationships are *categorically* different from rape. How do you not understand that point?

Stop equivocating these things. They are different.

Also, I don't care about multiple partners. If I recall, the point of this particular sub-thread is whether or not it is OK for kids to be taught that homosexuality is normal. Since all the evidence from all lines says yes, then I don't see where the real problem lies. That is my point.

Multiple partners and sex with goats is where the conversation leads when small minds get involved.
Madret

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
What I get out of your post is, you cannot understand a simple debate about a god that is believed by billions.
If I were debating a believer in Zeus, I would ask him if Zeus was responsible for all lighting. Does that mean I would believe in Zeus?
I debate the idea of a god, not the god itself, as the god clearly cannot answer any questions. He is does not speak or show himself. But believers show themselves, and often claim to speak for the gods. The bible is full of such persons.
BTW, you did not answer my question, you answered another question that I did not ask. Typical of believers. You must deny to yourself, the contradictions in order to stay in your delusion, so you ignore the actual question and make up new ones to respond to.

Denial is the key to delusion. Your post shows how you lie to yourself.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
---Aristotle
Atheists merely point out the obvious... IF there were such a creature as Yahweh as described in the bible, then he would be a monster.
We also point out the fact that there is NO PROOF for such a being other than in the delusional minds of some people.
Your "distinct impression" is incorrect.
Funny how his "distinct impression" is typical of what religious propaganda says of all atheists.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
You indeed are making a categorical error. Consensual adult relationships are *categorically* different from rape. How do you not understand that point?
Also, I don't care about multiple partners. If I recall, the point of this particular sub-thread is whether or not it is OK for kids to be taught that homosexuality is normal. Since all the evidence from all lines says yes, then I don't see where the real problem lies. That is my point.
Multiple partners and sex with goats is where the conversation leads when small minds get involved.
Q. sides with most all things republican except religion.
As you can see here, he uses all the republican talking points on the issue. The slippery slope argument is used by republicans in most any issue involving progressive change. They seem to hate change and progress for some reason.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how his "distinct impression" is typical of what religious propaganda says of all atheists.
<shrug> I find that very few religies' impressions have ever been de-stinked.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Q. sides with most all things republican except religion.
As you can see here, he uses all the republican talking points on the issue. The slippery slope argument is used by republicans in most any issue involving progressive change. They seem to hate change and progress for some reason.
Assuming there Mike... I have no problem with Progress... Progress is not reverting back to periods of time 1000's of years ago where what you mention was the norm..... Several long collapsed civilizations have already tried your version of Progress. That sorta makes it Regression....

I don't side with any political point of view I side with the point of view I Have on what ever subject happens to strike my fancy at the moment....

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

" Que: I believe in God and the Bible and stuff. I believe in Christmas, and uh, you know the commitments and what not.

Int: You mean the Commandments?

Que: Yeah that. I believe in that.

Int: Can you name any of them?

Que: Ahhh Ö well, I donít know Ö like donít steal, and uh, donít cheat and shit like that. Uhmm Ö I canít remember the rest.

Int: How about the Bible?

Que: Yeah I know some of that. You know. Heaven and Hell, and Jesus fighting with the Devil, but for real, I didnít really go to church enough to know like all the details, just the important shit, like Jesus forgives you for all your bad shit if you donate some money to the church, or pray and say youíre sorry. "

Yaa?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Ever wonder why religies would worship a mass murderer as their god?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

A lot of people(religie and atheist) on here call god(does not exist) a "he", would not "she" be more accurate, since only women can give birth to life.

Kinda shows a mans hand in inventing god.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

I'm pro bible study and anti heresy law, like most Americans.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
I'm pro bible study and anti heresy law, like most Americans.
Good for you.

Do you use your "special understanding" when you claim to know what most Americans want?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

"Two people drift in a lifeboat on an uncharted sea. One says, "There! I see an island. Our best chance is to go ashore, build a shelter, and await rescue." The other says, "No, we must go farther out to sea and hope to find the shipping lanes. That is our best chance." Unable to agree, the two fight, the lifeboat capsizes, and they drown.
This is the nature of humanity. Even if only two people are left in the entire universe, they will come to represent opposing factions."

The Bene Gesserit Acolytes' Handbook

I think some truth is in this.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

-How to play religie roulette-

Stand with other religies in a circle and curse god, see who gets struck by lightning first.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

"Let us make it obligatory for homosexuals to have their backsides tattooed with the slogan sodomy can seriously damage your health and their chins with fellatio kills."

reverend dr. peter mullen

Love love love.
Hot Hollie FAN

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I HAD TO SH*T IN A BAG A FEW MINS AGO,,AND THATS MY EDUCATED MOVE OF THE DAY..IN TO THE BAG,THE BED
OR THE FLOOR. IT HAD to GO SOMEWHERE..THE BAG WAS MY BEST OPTION... lol
Hot Hollie FAN

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
"Let us make it obligatory for homosexuals to have their backsides tattooed with the slogan sodomy can seriously damage your health and their chins with fellatio kills."
reverend dr. peter mullen
Love love love.
REALLY-ALL JOKES ASIDE-IM NOT GAY-BUT I DONT.GIVE A F--K.WHAT PEOPLE DO-JUSST DONT SEXUAL HARass me in the bathroom.... lets legalize all relationships muti partners -16 and older. dog doing a cat,mom adult son. incest-all of it.so we as a country can move on . cause JUST.LIKE GAY-IT IS GOIN ON ANYWAY!!! ADULT/LEGAL AGE INCEST(IM NOT APART OF)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Cornelius Scudmister 149,810
Churches 56 min Preached 1
Charmaine Partin 2 hr Sad 2
Looking for a place to rent ASAP 4 hr Momolovesmatthew 1
selfless love witnessed 4 hr IronHammer 1
Sheriff deputies 4 hr cant wait 16
kenfra bimgham smith 6 hr old friend 2
puppet masters of knox co. who are they? 7 hr Brain dead 8

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs