Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,853

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#107402 Jun 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming there Mike... I have no problem with Progress... Progress is not reverting back to periods of time 1000's of years ago where what you mention was the norm..... Several long collapsed civilizations have already tried your version of Progress. That sorta makes it Regression....
I don't side with any political point of view I side with the point of view I Have on what ever subject happens to strike my fancy at the moment....
What society had gay marriage, and collapsed due to it?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107403 Jun 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming there Mike... I have no problem with Progress... Progress is not reverting back to periods of time 1000's of years ago where what you mention was the norm..... Several long collapsed civilizations have already tried your version of Progress. That sorta makes it Regression....
I don't side with any political point of view I side with the point of view I Have on what ever subject happens to strike my fancy at the moment....
Hell, I am just hoping someday you guys will progress from the mentality of the fifties. You know, the days when all turned a blind eye to beating up a homosexual. The days when no one dared admit to being homosexual.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#107404 Jun 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell wants to go back thousands of years?? What in the world are you talking about?

I thought the discussion was about gays. Are you smoking pot?

And why do you randomly capitalize letters? I'm just curious about that.

Evidence and argumentation or else I'm gonna assume you broke into the mushroom collection. Start by defining what it actually is you are talking about.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#107405 Jun 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I'm pro bible study and anti heresy law, like most Americans.
That is almost as dumb as everything else you've said.

I second what the other poster said. You know Americans who are "pro anti-heresy laws"?? Do they inhabit a psycho ward?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#107406 Jun 23, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell wants to go back thousands of years?? What in the world are you talking about?
I thought the discussion was about gays. Are you smoking pot?
And why do you randomly capitalize letters? I'm just curious about that.
Evidence and argumentation or else I'm gonna assume you broke into the mushroom collection. Start by defining what it actually is you are talking about.
No.. no pot.. been dry around these parts... The comment was about Progress... Homosexuality is far from Progress.... As I said History 1000's of years ago made it the Norm in several societies that then collapsed... Calling something Progress that happened several times in the past is Not very Progressive....

I type using my style... Since it is Impossible to denote tone and emphasis in the printed word I Capitalize those words I would tend to Emphasize during a verbal conversation....

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#107407 Jun 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Hell, I am just hoping someday you guys will progress from the mentality of the fifties. You know, the days when all turned a blind eye to beating up a homosexual. The days when no one dared admit to being homosexual.
Then again assuming ... I have several homosexual friends and would defend anyone from attack no matter the individuals proclivities... I was but pointing out regressing to a mindset that was had by several societies a 1000 years or more in the past is not Progress...

Personally I could care less of anyone sexual proclivities between Adults... But I no more want to hear about then, see them or know about them in the homosexual community as I do the Heterosexual community... I don't want to see a Straight Pride parade any more than I want to see a Gay Pride Parade...

All sexual proclivities should stay in ones private lives ... The destruction of societies as a ongoing endeavor starts with the slippery slope of decadence...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107408 Jun 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No.. no pot.. been dry around these parts... The comment was about Progress... Homosexuality is far from Progress.... As I said History 1000's of years ago made it the Norm in several societies that then collapsed... Calling something Progress that happened several times in the past is Not very Progressive....
I type using my style... Since it is Impossible to denote tone and emphasis in the printed word I Capitalize those words I would tend to Emphasize during a verbal conversation....
So you attribute the homosexuality of the past to the collapse of the society?
BTW, no one is trying to make homosexuality the norm, we are just trying to give homosexuals equal rights and privileges.
If you are going to make a fantastic charge like this, at least supply an ounce of reasoning. You may as well be telling us that togas cause societies to collapse.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107409 Jun 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again assuming ... I have several homosexual friends and would defend anyone from attack no matter the individuals proclivities... I was but pointing out regressing to a mindset that was had by several societies a 1000 years or more in the past is not Progress...
Personally I could care less of anyone sexual proclivities between Adults... But I no more want to hear about then, see them or know about them in the homosexual community as I do the Heterosexual community... I don't want to see a Straight Pride parade any more than I want to see a Gay Pride Parade...
All sexual proclivities should stay in ones private lives ... The destruction of societies as a ongoing endeavor starts with the slippery slope of decadence...
I don't really give a damn what you wish to see. Maybe you should move to Iran to get your wishes.
All you pointed out were vague talking points.
You don't like decadence? Iran would be a dream country for you.

You put homosexuality in line with decadence, why? Why not just call it an abomination like the fundies, because that is exactly what you sound like right now.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107410 Jun 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
If the fundie kids are bullying the homosexual kids, then they are going to hear about it. Again, who cares that it offends your fundamentalist mind?

You know what would likely get homosexual marriage talked about less? Allowing them to marry! Until you stop with the bigotry, you will get an ear full. Don't like it? To damned bad.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#107411 Jun 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What I get out of your post is, you cannot understand a simple debate about a god that is believed by billions.
If I were debating a believer in Zeus, I would ask him if Zeus was

responsible for all lighting. Does that mean I would believe in Zeus?
I debate the idea of a god, not the god itself, as the god clearly cannot answer any questions. He is does not speak or show himself. But believers show themselves, and often claim to speak for the gods. The bible is full of such persons.
BTW, you did not answer my question, you answered another question that I did not ask. Typical of believers. You must deny to yourself, the contradictions in order to stay in your delusion, so you ignore the actual question and make up new ones to respond to.
Denial is the key to delusion. Your post shows how you lie to yourself.
It is obvious that you asked the question that you now deny asking.

It is also obvious that you did not like the answer.

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>He is magic, nuff said.
Can he create a rock he cannot lift?
I believe this passage will answer your question....

"... As it is written: See I lay a stone in Zion that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

If you seek answers from the right source, answers will be provided.
If you seek for gold in a latrine, you will not find any.....

Always remember, Go to the source...
Nuff said

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107412 Jun 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>

In other words, you fail to be able to articulate what you wish to be focused upon using the written word. In other words, you are a poor writer.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107413 Jun 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again assuming ... I have several homosexual friends and would defend anyone from attack no matter the individuals proclivities...
Your stance on gay marriage is not a defense for homosexuals. It is an attack on their equality.
I am sure many slave owners claimed a few black persons as their friends also.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107414 Jun 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Duquette wrote:
"... As it is written: See I lay a stone in Zion that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."
Nuff said
What does shame of a human stumbling on a rock have to do with god creating a stone he cannot lift? I cannot read your mind, tell me the connection as I do not see it. I see they both involve a rock, but that is the end of the connection.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107415 Jun 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Duquette wrote:
Nuff said
"He is magic, nuff said.It was sarcasm and it was not a question.

You are certainly not the best source to find answers from. If a god ever appears to me, I will ask him. Until then, I do not believe a god exists.

Of course those with blind faith have no shame in their position, because they believe it is perfect, no matter how much evidence shows the contrary. Another word for it is, hubris.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107416 Jun 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>They have, look at who is saying they have not.

Hint: It's not the scientists.
Shouldn't all scientists use the same process to come up with the same answer?

Location hidden

#107417 Jun 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
http://www.redding.com/news/20 08/jun/17/are-we-born-gay-scie nce-suggests-yes/
do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
Slippery slope that has been discussed here before is what I was referring to.
Yes someone else mentioned it was a hoax. That's great, but it will happen soon enough even if it's just to make a statement. "

There is no connection between bestiality and homosexuality. NONE.
If you'd done a web search you would have found that there was a man in Sudan who was forced to marry a goat BY his church.
do whut wrote, "<quoted text>Just because I don't approve of the actions of some people doesn't mean I think they deserve to be beat up. "

Your words are hollow. There are other forms of bullying and abuse besides physical beatings. Some recognize it.
http://www.thepeacewriter.com/2012/05/lds-the...
Just because you might not be the one throwing the punch or holding the fag down doesn't mean that attitudes like yours aren't the force and "justification" behind it.
"Suggests" is not conclusive.
The rest of your post is you making assumptions.

Location hidden

#107418 Jun 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Yet ... no one is "teaching homosexuality" anywhere.
I've already provided an example where they did.

Location hidden

#107419 Jun 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>What is "teaching" homosexuality and who says they do?

Why do you think you are sometimes regarded as crazy as a loon religious bigot?
Mike is suggesting they should.

Location hidden

#107420 Jun 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What does shame of a human stumbling on a rock have to do with god creating a stone he cannot lift? I cannot read your mind, tell me the connection as I do not see it. I see they both involve a rock, but that is the end of the connection.
I can make the connection....
That you would not understand is quite obvious by your having to ask the question......

Location hidden

#107421 Jun 23, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
---Aristotle
Atheists merely point out the obvious... IF there were such a creature as Yahweh as described in the bible, then he would be a monster.
We also point out the fact that there is NO PROOF for such a being other than in the delusional minds of some people.
Your "distinct impression" is incorrect.
One can entertain a thought without accepting it.

When one is consumed by that thought which one claims not to accept,,,, is where your heartaches begin and a rational explanation for such behaviour should be addressed....

Is it that your spirit can not accept that your mind and heart have deceived you?

Could it be that he who judges the heart and mind is dealing with you according to your ways?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rats?? just wondering 31 min pacman 4
truck payments 1 hr TOASTup 7
Need food badly 1 hr okk 20
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 1 hr yea 2
hp laptop 2 hr travis 15
city of barbourville 2 hr common sense is b... 14
Wanted: Automatic Transmission for 2002 Chevy S... 4 hr Still Looking 5
Porsche mills 6 hr Prayers 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:58 am PST

NFL 6:58AM
Dez Bryant's big night headlines Week 15's awards
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports