Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 138372 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107424 Jun 23, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
"Suggests" is not conclusive.
The rest of your post is you making assumptions.
Actually, suggests is as conclusive as you can get in science. When evidence suggests something, that means it "points" to that thing, and no alternative. You should learn English and then scientific lingo before you attempt to address such issues.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107425 Jun 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
One can entertain a thought without accepting it.
When one is consumed by that thought which one claims not to accept,,,, is where your heartaches begin and a rational explanation for such behaviour should be addressed....
Is it that your spirit can not accept that your mind and heart have deceived you?
Could it be that he who judges the heart and mind is dealing with you according to your ways?
You are conflating your entire assertion here. When something is a threat to humanity, a threat to equality, a threat to our advancement, then it must be addressed. Religion, specifically christianity in the US, has become a major threat to the species now, and thus, it must be addressed. Present evidence supporting your religion or cease trying to push your "morals" based on the small portion you follow as law. It's that easy, live as the Amish do, or stop being irrational.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#107426 Jun 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are conflating your entire assertion here. When something is a threat to humanity, a threat to equality, a threat to our advancement, then it must be addressed. Religion, specifically christianity in the US, has become a major threat to the species now, and thus, it must be addressed. Present evidence supporting your religion or cease trying to push your "morals" based on the small portion you follow as law. It's that easy, live as the Amish do, or stop being irrational.
Yes, you are point on. Theocracy is a threat to or advancement. Even the early bible writers as ignorant that may seem even thought so.

Genesis chapter 11

4They said,“Come, let us build for ourselves a city, and a tower whose top will reach into heaven, and let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.” 5The LORD came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built.

6The LORD said,“Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107427 Jun 23, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say that.

But if a homosexual couple came into a grade school on some kind of "family day" or "family week" and talked to the kids for a few minutes about their life as a couple that should be no more of a problem than if a it was a straight couple. And it would actually be far more appropriate since most kids don't hear about that stuff in a positive light.

Religious traditions are hostile to this idea, which creates a hostile environment for homosexuals. We need to change that.
I didn't think much of it on a college level. But I don't agree with public schools teaching it to minors. This is something that parents aren't going to agree on, so it should be left to the parents to teach their children.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#107428 Jun 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The threats to humanity were posed by the Atheist regimes of Joe Stalin, Benito Mussolini,Mao Ze Dung ,Pol Pot and other Atheists.

These are responslble for the deatha of hundreds of millions of innocent civilians.

History will confirm that it was the Chrisdtian Western World that prevented our planet from being overrun by the heathen hordes...

Whatever all of you might claim as to your excuses for being here,you are wasting your time.

No one knows who you are,what your plan of action is,where you may be reached, what you might hope to accomplish and how that might be achieved.

Your audience is composed of under 10 Christians who will totally disregard the foolishness you are so fond of spouting

So,,,,,,What have you accomplished these many years of spreading foolish ideas to an audience that places your credibility between --0 and O.

It is not our responsibility to provide you with evidence.

If you want evidence,it is your responsibility to search for it.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#107429 Jun 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I don't really give a damn what you wish to see. Maybe you should move to Iran to get your wishes.
All you pointed out were vague talking points.
You don't like decadence? Iran would be a dream country for you.
You put homosexuality in line with decadence, why? Why not just call it an abomination like the fundies, because that is exactly what you sound like right now.
And there in lies the rub... And the down fall of a society is the end result of your view.. We have seen pockets within the country where such views have led to their own demise and the falling of entire civilizations in the past due to such views becoming wide spread...

And of course you don't give a damn what I and others think about such things as long as you understand I and others don't give a crap about what you think about such things and will continue to push back against the destruction of the nation...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107430 Jun 23, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>You do understand that Protestantism is exactly what you're describing right? That's the whole point.

So your church making the claim that it has the direct line to god is not different than any other church doing the same god-damn thing.
No it isn't the same, terrible explicative, thing.
Even the founders of some of the main denominations today were quoted as saying they knew that the church they were starting was not completely correct, but it was better than anything on the earth at that time. Roger Williams even said that until angels and apostles restored it, Jesus' church would never be on earth again.
The LDS church claims just that, that it is a restoration of the primitive church, restored by Jesus Christ and His apostles.
It does not claim to be another denomination that attempted to correct the misinterpretations of other denominations, but a complete restoration led by Jesus Christ Himself.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107431 Jun 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
The threats to humanity were posed by the Atheist regimes of Joe Stalin, Benito Mussolini,Mao Ze Dung ,Pol Pot and other Atheists.
These are responslble for the deatha of hundreds of millions of innocent civilians.
History will confirm that it was the Chrisdtian Western World that prevented our planet from being overrun by the heathen hordes...
Whatever all of you might claim as to your excuses for being here,you are wasting your time.
No one knows who you are,what your plan of action is,where you may be reached, what you might hope to accomplish and how that might be achieved.
Your audience is composed of under 10 Christians who will totally disregard the foolishness you are so fond of spouting
So,,,,,,What have you accomplished these many years of spreading foolish ideas to an audience that places your credibility between --0 and O.
It is not our responsibility to provide you with evidence.
If you want evidence,it is your responsibility to search for it.
Your inability to produce a cogent sentence is a threat to the educational standards of the species. Your complete and total lack of comprehension of such matters of politics only supports what your linguistically challenged statements suggest. Then you claim that it is my responsibility to find the evidence of your claim, it is your claim, you must provide the evidence of such, no one else is responsible for that. I discard your claim, your god is merely an extension of your own ego.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107432 Jun 23, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't the same, terrible explicative, thing.
Even the founders of some of the main denominations today were quoted as saying they knew that the church they were starting was not completely correct, but it was better than anything on the earth at that time. Roger Williams even said that until angels and apostles restored it, Jesus' church would never be on earth again.
The LDS church claims just that, that it is a restoration of the primitive church, restored by Jesus Christ and His apostles.
It does not claim to be another denomination that attempted to correct the misinterpretations of other denominations, but a complete restoration led by Jesus Christ Himself.
If this was in any way an accurate assessment of the situation, you would be capable of providing evidence of these assertions. Since you are unable to do so, they are no more valid than any of the thousands of other such claims made by the followers of the millions of other gods.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107433 Jun 23, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike is suggesting they should.
Oh, is he is suggesting that we teach the principles of the 14th amendment? The audacious lout!

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that reminded of you, except that instead of "John 3:16" I figured yours probably says "Genesis 3:16."

“See how you are?”

Earth

#107434 Jun 23, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
"Suggests" is not conclusive.
The rest of your post is you making assumptions.
Careful about throwing rocks, Bubba. You haven't even suggested an assumption of conclusive evidence to support your theology, much less your bigotry or "slippery slope."

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#107435 Jun 23, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
One can entertain a thought without accepting it.
When one is consumed by that thought which one claims not to accept,,,,

By "consumed" you mean posting on Topix occasionally? Really?
mantle wrote:
<quoted text> is where your heartaches begin and a rational explanation for such behaviour should be addressed....

"Heartaches?" LOL! You are a hoot.
mantle wrote:
<quoted text> Is it that your spirit can not accept that your mind and heart have deceived you?
Nope. My mind knows what it's doing. My "spirit" and "heart" don't think for me.
mantle wrote:
<quoted text> Could it be that he who judges the heart and mind is dealing with you according to your ways?
Nope. There is no "he who judges the heart and mind."
But thanks for sharing your delusion.
Wayne

Ashland, KY

#107436 Jun 23, 2013
This country was founded on Christian principle. we survived many years through thick and thin keeping God as our foundation beliefs. Have you noticed how we started slipping since that atheist woman named Madelyn Murphy started the atheist feeling so many years ago.
Before she died she repented of her sins and ask JESUS to forgive and save her soul. Pretty ironic isn't it? He never turns you down like we do HIM. John 3;16

“See how you are?”

Earth

#107437 Jun 23, 2013
Wayne wrote:
This country was founded on Christian principle. we survived many years through thick and thin keeping God as our foundation beliefs. Have you noticed how we started slipping since that atheist woman named Madelyn Murphy started the atheist feeling so many years ago.
Before she died she repented of her sins and ask JESUS to forgive and save her soul. Pretty ironic isn't it? He never turns you down like we do HIM. John 3;16
Another twit who thinks the Constitution is an addendum to the Bible.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#107438 Jun 23, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
By "consumed" you mean posting on Topix occasionally? Really?
<quoted text>
"Heartaches?" LOL! You are a hoot.
<quoted text>
Nope. My mind knows what it's doing. My "spirit" and "heart" don't think for me.
<quoted text>
Nope. There is no "he who judges the heart and mind."
But thanks for sharing your delusion.
You are welcome. I enjoy sharing what God has done in my life with others.

Everyone should be given the opportunity to experience what God has prepared for those who seek him..

Of course, there are those who will not accept the message...

We merely plant the seed,It is God who gives the increase.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#107439 Jun 23, 2013
I do agree with some of what was said. Although the heart don't lie , it does however cause much harm at times , if it is followed.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#107440 Jun 23, 2013
I do agree some however , sometimes our hearts lead us to places we should not let it go..
ddt

Georgetown, KY

#107441 Jun 23, 2013
unspoken heart wrote:
I do agree some however , sometimes our hearts lead us to places we should not let it go..
I agree

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#107443 Jun 24, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike is suggesting they should.
<quoted text>What is "teaching" homosexuality and who says they do?

Nope, that is just you twisting my words as usual. I spoke of teaching not to bully homosexuals. You really seem to blend your propaganda with what we say. The delusion is large in this one.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#107444 Jun 24, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
I can make the connection....
That you would not understand is quite obvious by your having to ask the question......
If you can make the connection, why can you not explain it? I cannot read your mind, and you cannot articulate what you think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disability Fraud 3 hr Government Fraud 33
Need Deep freezer 6 hr Info 1
Carolyn Gray 6 hr Ellen 5
lynn camp 8 hr panther 19
close these game rooms down 9 hr jack 2
Rabbitt cox arrest 16 hr jack 6
Jeff & Jamie Mays (Jul '11) Sun i know 21
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE