Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,434

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107254 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you put millions in a room alone and they all came out with the exact same story, I'd certainly investigate a little more.
Yeah, if you were a psychologist and knew a bit about the brain, you'd study their brains to figure out what triggered the mass delusion, unless there was any solid evidence supporting their story.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107255 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This is prophesied in the New Testament. We are told that before the second coming there would be a falling away from the church. We are also told that the heavens will be rolled up as a scroll (God will not directly speak to man. Ie. prophets) for a time. And we are also told there will be a restitution of all things.
I'm not saying He screwed up anything. I'm saying He fulfilled the prophesies.
That sort of makes your notion a failure, without adding anything to it. Since your church is new, the numbers have only swelled, there is no "falling away" at all, during the time that the church actually existed. Thus, either the "prophecy" was incorrect in the order of events, or it was made up.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107257 Jun 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>Ur definitely not right! U R actually quite stupid! Oh and U R someone else!
'
So, no evidence at all for any assertions you make. Can't say I am not surprised. Thus, your religion is still a myth.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107258 Jun 21, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You go on and on about how "bad" it would be to programed to love our "creator."
Tell me what would change if humankind had been created with a built-in desire to worship Yahweh?
What terrible difference would it have made?
Your idea of a "creator" sucks.
We all do have a desire to worship...
Just some (as I did) worship the wrong things!
Your opinion of the Creator would change, If you got to know
Him personally!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107259 Jun 21, 2013
uuummm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You are not forcing anything on topix. Most of your post barely make any sense at all and I usually skip them. I believe I saw one where you used the term 'tard'. I would suggest that you should be ashamed of yourself but I don't think you get the concept.
The title of this thread is "Bible study rules for public schools proposed."
That is what I was referring to. Christians are not content to have the right to worship the way they see fit, they want to make everyone worship the way they see fit. They want to, and have passed laws to force people to do so.
If believing on Christ was all that was necessary then stop trying to force the Government to support your religion. Jesus did not try to force a change in earthly government. Never even suggested it. Follow His example.
Yes I did use the word "Tard"!
The shame would not be on me, as Being a Tard purposely is being ignorant/stupid! That is what it means!
Bible study does go on in our schools, and the proposed rules is what the bill was for!
The Bible has a great history in the US's founding, and growth, and the Lack of it... is our downfall!
Believing otherwise, and denying the evidence of it...
is being a Tard!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107260 Jun 21, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever driven by a wreck and tried not to glance at the carnage?
No! If the EMT's are there... I don't stop!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107261 Jun 21, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I was gona use "Flying Unicorns that poop Glitter" But I've done that to death.....
Yes!
Yes you have!
LOL
Good day to you... Good day for a ride!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107262 Jun 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No! If the EMT's are there... I don't stop!
You have no curiosity at all? Another thing that does not surprise me.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107263 Jun 21, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This is prophesied in the New Testament. We are told that before the second coming there would be a falling away from the church. We are also told that the heavens will be rolled up as a scroll (God will not directly speak to man. Ie. prophets) for a time. And we are also told there will be a restitution of all things.
I'm not saying He screwed up anything. I'm saying He fulfilled the prophesies.
Those things have NOT happened yet!
"the heavens will be rolled up as a scroll"
This should tell you....
You will NOT be flying to another Planet to populate it...
Don't you think?
Another thing...
Read Revelation... NOWHERE does it say you'll fly off to another plane... NONE of the Bible says that! Only Joseph Smith...
The Conman!
Read the Bible man... throw away the BOM!
You will be glad you did!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107264 Jun 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no curiosity at all? Another thing that does not surprise me.
He asked if I "TRY" not to look at the carnage...
NO, I look!
It was in response to my saying... "You do not have to read what I post!"
Good day!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107265 Jun 21, 2013
You all have a Great day!
God Bless :-)

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#107266 Jun 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously... you've not read my stories... How could I be saved by an imaginary God???
Fact is... I could not!
God is real... Get to know Him...
You will be glad you did!
The only real part was the fact you believed in the god. The idea of god might have made you change your mind.
A Hindu can be saved by their gods, yet of course you would deny they exist. It is all in the mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107267 Jun 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Like you???
You quit, or didn't really want Christ to begin with!
Christ is still the answer for everything!
First, he is not like me, as he claimed to still be a believer.
He might be losing faith because he sees no god actually helping. But you cannot accept his this due to the claims ancient men made about god.
I lost faith due to knowledge, not any personal issues I had. I came to understand the gods are just claims, and the feelings about the gods are psychological made artificially in the mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107268 Jun 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Good vs Evil,
Righteousness vs Un-righteousness,
Truth vs Lies...
List goes on....
More than one check!
You have one single idea that is to be the answer to all, Jesus. This is not a check and balance.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107269 Jun 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Good vs Evil,
Righteousness vs Un-righteousness,
Truth vs Lies...
List goes on....
More than one check!
You do not seem to understand the concept of checks and balances. So until you do, discussing this is pointless.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107270 Jun 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"But satan has caused confusion"...
Yes, yes he has!
"God is a God of order, and so He would want His church to have the same order."
You answered with truth here...
Since Christ's birth to Joseph Smith... 1800 years!
You are saying... God screwed up for 1800 years!
Good luck with that!
... Did God really say....?
Their are over 38,000 different sects of Christianity. Is this what you call order? You do not even think of Catholics as Christians. The history of Christian disputes shows a lot of disorder. It is a testimony to the lack of a holy ghost guiding. It is a testimony to the bible not having consistency.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107271 Jun 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh! I'm sorry... didn't know I was forcing anything on you, as you have the right, not to read a word I post!
Good day!
You use force to keep gay marriage forbidden. These are your superstitious beliefs being forced upon others.
You have the right to not marry your own sex, but that is not good enough for you. You insist others marry as you do.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107272 Jun 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that is not accurate. Most religions are actually not spread through indoctrination, look at the ancient ones, particularly those of Greece, Rome, Egypt, Maya, and Inca. They were essentially political parties of those empires for those times, however, they were religions as well. People chose which "god" to follow based entirely on what they agreed with, and the priests of the gods with the most followers had more political power in choosing leaders, dictating policy, and even being the trial judges, depending on the culture in question. They did not use, nor need, indoctrination because it was a very primitive form of Democracy, so to have your voice heard, you had to choose a god in that religion to support.
Most people are in the political party of their parents.
Religion has been tied to politics for as long as religion has been on earth. It is tied to politics in America today.
Reading the bible it is clear to me the so called, prophets, were nothing but politicians using the claim of being able to speak to the gods as a political tool to have authority.

Humans chose based upon what they have been taught.'Indoctrination' is just a description of the teaching.
Political leanings are often of indoctrination.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107273 Jun 21, 2013
Help for you wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go on line to jw.org and at the top of the page click on publications then scroll down to the book "What Does The Bible REALLY Teach?". Then scroll down to chapter 11 "Why does God Allow Suffering?"If you have MP3 you can listen to it being read. Please do that before you make any blatant statements based on your personal opinion.
The fact you could not refute my statement tells me a lot.
I am sure your propaganda is great for indoctrinations.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107274 Jun 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No! If the EMT's are there... I don't stop!
Whoosh. I bet you hear that sound a lot don't you?
What you do to the English language, not to mention logic, in your average post is akin to a car wreck. And since you flood the thread frequently it's like a multi-car pile up. It's hard for most of us to avoid glancing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phillip Vaughn 26 min just wondering 3
hubbs creek...anyone 28 min just wondering 5
Samantha Daniels 1 hr KyPrincess 1
Ask your candidate to join us this time it is a... 1 hr Open to the public 5
What has JM Hall done for Knox County ? 1 hr Gray Citizan 1
Corbin's alchol sales bring in another big busi... 1 hr Gray Citizan 4
who will you vote for as jailer 1 hr Local Guy 57
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 10 hr wondering 4
who got arrested at bville walmart? Tue Ky Resident 4
Barbourville Dating