Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,128)

Showing posts 102,541 - 102,560 of128,045
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you put millions in a room alone and they all came out with the exact same story, I'd certainly investigate a little more.
But they don't come out with the same story.... If they came out with the same story there would not be 13,000 Christian denominations not to mention assorted Jewish, Muslim and other variations of the God delusion.... But in groups delusion can be contagious and is called Mass Hallucination...
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I can't agree that homosexuality does not go against nature. There is no proof that people are born gay. Therefore, I do not want schools teaching that to my children in school.
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Studies have been conducted which have proved that there are certain hormonal imbalances that sway human desires and behaviors to one side. The study showed that all humans have male and female hormones in the beginning developmental stages. As we develop, one particular type of hormone becomes more dominant and takes over. In some cases, however, it has been proven that the hormones get 'mixed up' and there are males that end up with more female hormones than average and females with more male hormones than average. This is why you will hear some people say that they have always felt that they were born in the wrong body.
There is another study that has been conducted by the Oregon State University where they have studied and experimented on the brains of sheep that have been found to have homosexual tendencies. According to the study, 10% of sheep have homosexual tendencies. The link to this study is provided below.
It is a matter of chance whether or not you are born gay. All fetus' start with the male and female hormones inbuilt. During the growth of the fetus the hormones are increased to build on the gender it has become. Sometimes this process is flawed and the opposite hormone takes precedence for the gender being created. Thus the baby is born being gay. In a similar way to this but in different amounts of the hormones bisexuals are born. This is the most likely explanation to this mystery and is being scientifically investigated. See link regarding human sexual ambiguity at birth provided below.
Abnormalities in sexual development happen in the womb happen every day. There are numerous studies that address human ambiguity at birth, masculinized female infants, abnormal sexual development, sexual dimorphism, hermaphroditism, and infants that cannot be identified at birth as male or female. Homosexuality may be the least pronounced of those irregularities and no one should be demonized for the way they were born. Any person who ignores all the scientific facts and studies about human sexual irregularities and variations at birth is using something else besides their brain to formulate their world views. An online search will reveal thousands of reliable scientific pages available for personal enlightenment on this topic.

I submit exibit A: Here's your proof.
Seriously

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Religion is cancer. Christianity is no exception. The constitution says the state and church must be separate.

for anybody who hasn't read the constitution it says this:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

This bill is unconstitutional. Teaching the christian religion in school would be a public endorsement of Christianity and is unlawful.

for the most part our founding fathers were not Christians either. They were atheists and deists. Anybody who disagrees is an uneducated fool.

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen" Treaty of tripoli - 1797

Don't teach the bible in my schools and I won't think in your churches. Thank you for your time.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Any time I have looked it up, I find that there is no conclusive evidence. That's what science says. If there are a few scientists that say one way, and others that say another, then it should not be taught, because they don't know. Either way they taught it would be leaning towards a bias.
I know enough about nature to know that whether we can agree on a creator or not, procreation cannot take place with same gender sexual intercourse. The result is the same as when Kelly Bundy accused her little brother of planning a family with his pillow.
Then you have not been "looking it up." There are numerous studies showing that sexual drives are genetic, of course there is also just plain old logic to demonstrate this as well. Of course, that means you have to actually study things like evolution, genetics, and neurology.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you put millions in a room alone and they all came out with the exact same story, I'd certainly investigate a little more.
Yeah, if you were a psychologist and knew a bit about the brain, you'd study their brains to figure out what triggered the mass delusion, unless there was any solid evidence supporting their story.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This is prophesied in the New Testament. We are told that before the second coming there would be a falling away from the church. We are also told that the heavens will be rolled up as a scroll (God will not directly speak to man. Ie. prophets) for a time. And we are also told there will be a restitution of all things.
I'm not saying He screwed up anything. I'm saying He fulfilled the prophesies.
That sort of makes your notion a failure, without adding anything to it. Since your church is new, the numbers have only swelled, there is no "falling away" at all, during the time that the church actually existed. Thus, either the "prophecy" was incorrect in the order of events, or it was made up.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>Ur definitely not right! U R actually quite stupid! Oh and U R someone else!
'
So, no evidence at all for any assertions you make. Can't say I am not surprised. Thus, your religion is still a myth.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You go on and on about how "bad" it would be to programed to love our "creator."
Tell me what would change if humankind had been created with a built-in desire to worship Yahweh?
What terrible difference would it have made?
Your idea of a "creator" sucks.
We all do have a desire to worship...
Just some (as I did) worship the wrong things!
Your opinion of the Creator would change, If you got to know
Him personally!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

uuummm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You are not forcing anything on topix. Most of your post barely make any sense at all and I usually skip them. I believe I saw one where you used the term 'tard'. I would suggest that you should be ashamed of yourself but I don't think you get the concept.
The title of this thread is "Bible study rules for public schools proposed."
That is what I was referring to. Christians are not content to have the right to worship the way they see fit, they want to make everyone worship the way they see fit. They want to, and have passed laws to force people to do so.
If believing on Christ was all that was necessary then stop trying to force the Government to support your religion. Jesus did not try to force a change in earthly government. Never even suggested it. Follow His example.
Yes I did use the word "Tard"!
The shame would not be on me, as Being a Tard purposely is being ignorant/stupid! That is what it means!
Bible study does go on in our schools, and the proposed rules is what the bill was for!
The Bible has a great history in the US's founding, and growth, and the Lack of it... is our downfall!
Believing otherwise, and denying the evidence of it...
is being a Tard!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever driven by a wreck and tried not to glance at the carnage?
No! If the EMT's are there... I don't stop!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I was gona use "Flying Unicorns that poop Glitter" But I've done that to death.....
Yes!
Yes you have!
LOL
Good day to you... Good day for a ride!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No! If the EMT's are there... I don't stop!
You have no curiosity at all? Another thing that does not surprise me.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This is prophesied in the New Testament. We are told that before the second coming there would be a falling away from the church. We are also told that the heavens will be rolled up as a scroll (God will not directly speak to man. Ie. prophets) for a time. And we are also told there will be a restitution of all things.
I'm not saying He screwed up anything. I'm saying He fulfilled the prophesies.
Those things have NOT happened yet!
"the heavens will be rolled up as a scroll"
This should tell you....
You will NOT be flying to another Planet to populate it...
Don't you think?
Another thing...
Read Revelation... NOWHERE does it say you'll fly off to another plane... NONE of the Bible says that! Only Joseph Smith...
The Conman!
Read the Bible man... throw away the BOM!
You will be glad you did!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no curiosity at all? Another thing that does not surprise me.
He asked if I "TRY" not to look at the carnage...
NO, I look!
It was in response to my saying... "You do not have to read what I post!"
Good day!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

You all have a Great day!
God Bless :-)

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously... you've not read my stories... How could I be saved by an imaginary God???
Fact is... I could not!
God is real... Get to know Him...
You will be glad you did!
The only real part was the fact you believed in the god. The idea of god might have made you change your mind.
A Hindu can be saved by their gods, yet of course you would deny they exist. It is all in the mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Like you???
You quit, or didn't really want Christ to begin with!
Christ is still the answer for everything!
First, he is not like me, as he claimed to still be a believer.
He might be losing faith because he sees no god actually helping. But you cannot accept his this due to the claims ancient men made about god.
I lost faith due to knowledge, not any personal issues I had. I came to understand the gods are just claims, and the feelings about the gods are psychological made artificially in the mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Good vs Evil,
Righteousness vs Un-righteousness,
Truth vs Lies...
List goes on....
More than one check!
You have one single idea that is to be the answer to all, Jesus. This is not a check and balance.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Good vs Evil,
Righteousness vs Un-righteousness,
Truth vs Lies...
List goes on....
More than one check!
You do not seem to understand the concept of checks and balances. So until you do, discussing this is pointless.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"But satan has caused confusion"...
Yes, yes he has!
"God is a God of order, and so He would want His church to have the same order."
You answered with truth here...
Since Christ's birth to Joseph Smith... 1800 years!
You are saying... God screwed up for 1800 years!
Good luck with that!
... Did God really say....?
Their are over 38,000 different sects of Christianity. Is this what you call order? You do not even think of Catholics as Christians. The history of Christian disputes shows a lot of disorder. It is a testimony to the lack of a holy ghost guiding. It is a testimony to the bible not having consistency.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 102,541 - 102,560 of128,045
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

96 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
verna warren 28 min would like to know 5
Handy Mart 32 min Just Looking 4
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min Nutz 144,974
Becky Abner. N Richard hicks 47 min Richard 10
KC Basketball Coach 1 hr Panther 68
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,741
need amos rice number (Feb '12) 3 hr Dallas eubanks 14
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 23 hr Butt head 383
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000