Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,476

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#107212 Jun 20, 2013
Chocolate Milk.

A cow can not produce it. Not even one that consumes cocoa.

Therefore, god exists.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#107213 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you did. It may seem like fact to you, because you haven't experienced what others have.
A Man sits in a locked padded room having an ongoing conversation with Abe Lincoln ... The Man can see old Abe, hear his, smell him, touch him.... Should I think there is the slightest possibility that Abe is Real? After all I haven't experienced what this guys in the padded room has...

That's what delusion does, it's the core of delusion, One experiencing that which exists only in ones mind and externalizing it into a outside reality.....

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107214 Jun 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh! I'm sorry... didn't know I was forcing anything on you, as you have the right, not to read a word I post!
Good day!
Have you ever driven by a wreck and tried not to glance at the carnage?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107215 Jun 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>All religions are due to indoctrinations of some sort. The fact 80% of all religious persons, worldwide follow the religion of their parents is not a coincidence.
Nope, that is not accurate. Most religions are actually not spread through indoctrination, look at the ancient ones, particularly those of Greece, Rome, Egypt, Maya, and Inca. They were essentially political parties of those empires for those times, however, they were religions as well. People chose which "god" to follow based entirely on what they agreed with, and the priests of the gods with the most followers had more political power in choosing leaders, dictating policy, and even being the trial judges, depending on the culture in question. They did not use, nor need, indoctrination because it was a very primitive form of Democracy, so to have your voice heard, you had to choose a god in that religion to support.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107216 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you did. It may seem like fact to you, because you haven't experienced what others have.
Quantummist responded exactly how I was about to respond. Only I would have used leprechauns since it's more equivalent to your god.

#107217 Jun 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantummist responded exactly how I was about to respond. Only I would have used leprechauns since it's more equivalent to your god.
I was gona use "Flying Unicorns that poop Glitter" But I've done that to death.....

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#107218 Jun 20, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I was gona use "Flying Unicorns that poop Glitter" But I've done that to death.....
I like that one too. I may steal it from you for a post.:P
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107219 Jun 20, 2013
Studies have been conducted which have proved that there are certain hormonal imbalances that sway human desires and behaviors to one side. The study showed that all humans have male and female hormones in the beginning developmental stages. As we develop, one particular type of hormone becomes more dominant and takes over. In some cases, however, it has been proven that the hormones get 'mixed up' and there are males that end up with more female hormones than average and females with more male hormones than average. This is why you will hear some people say that they have always felt that they were born in the wrong body.

There is another study that has been conducted by the Oregon State University where they have studied and experimented on the brains of sheep that have been found to have homosexual tendencies. According to the study, 10% of sheep have homosexual tendencies. The link to this study is provided below.

It is a matter of chance whether or not you are born gay. All fetus' start with the male and female hormones inbuilt. During the growth of the fetus the hormones are increased to build on the gender it has become. Sometimes this process is flawed and the opposite hormone takes precedence for the gender being created. Thus the baby is born being gay. In a similar way to this but in different amounts of the hormones bisexuals are born. This is the most likely explanation to this mystery and is being scientifically investigated. See link regarding human sexual ambiguity at birth provided below.

Abnormalities in sexual development happen in the womb happen every day. There are numerous studies that address human ambiguity at birth, masculinized female infants, abnormal sexual development, sexual dimorphism, hermaphroditism, and infants that cannot be identified at birth as male or female. Homosexuality may be the least pronounced of those irregularities and no one should be demonized for the way they were born. Any person who ignores all the scientific facts and studies about human sexual irregularities and variations at birth is using something else besides their brain to formulate their world views. An online search will reveal thousands of reliable scientific pages available for personal enlightenment on this topic.

#107220 Jun 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that one too. I may steal it from you for a post.:P
But then again I have found a bit of glitter back in the deep woods while looking for stuff to photograph so just Maybe, Just Maybe....
Help for you

Kissimmee, FL

#107221 Jun 20, 2013
Shunned wrote:
This is a random post and I apologize up front for my rambling but I'm here seeking opinions that are like/similar to my own. I grew up in church, it was a wonderful place where I was educated about this extraordinary man, Jesus Christ, who performed miracles and saved souls.
However, during that time, as a child, I went through periods of verbal and sexual abuse from relatives and bullying in school from other children. I wondered where the good lord was at when I was dealing with this. I was such an innocent good child at that time who did not deserve the treatment I received but received no help whatsoever from the good lord.
Out of pride and embarrassment, I kept a lot of what happened to me a big secret until nearly a year ago because there were others I felt I needed to protect from a few of these animals. Now the secrets are out and I've been having to deal with them all over again. I've prayed for healing for such a long time but the emotional pain I've felt refuses to go away. And I'm still waiting on the good lord.
The emotional scars dished out to me hindered my confidence build up for years. I've been single all my life. It's torture, it's a living hell. I have managed to have earned a college degree and have been a very dedicated employee with a decent salary but have had to deal with a lot of political ass kissing bullshit.
All this negative stuff has been compounding and I can't shake it off no matter how hard I try. Where's the good lord?
I'm at a point in my life that I'm ready to officially cut ties with all friends and family and only deal with people I only have to deal with. All I ever wanted was status along with the American Dream. But all I have despite my efforts are emotional scars from the verbal/physical abuse. I've done my best to be a good person. I haven't hurt a soul but I have a heart that is crushed. I want this hurt to stop, I never asked for it, I prayed for the good lord's help but still feel void of it.
I should be a happily married soul with children and a good job, but life has flown half way by and part of that equation is empty despite having friends and to some extent, family. Trying to please so many not including myself has cost me a lot of happiness. Shame on me.
I feel absolutely pathetic, I feel as if I was brought into this world to be a whipping post and I hurt so bad for that. Where's the good lord?
I apologize for my yapping but I needed to vent anonymously and found the safe place to do it. I'm at the point where I'm on the verge of cutting out the rest of my family and friends from my life. I'm so tired of hurting. It's a tragedy to think I know what my purpose in the world is only to not have a clue when push comes to shove.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate all the comments made both good and bad from those who choose to remark back to me.
Have a good evening.
Go on line to jw.org and click on publications then scroll to the book "What Does The Bible REALLY Teach?" then scroll down to chapter 11 "Why Does God Permit Suffering" There you will find satisfying answers to your questions. If you have MP3 you can listen to it being read.
I hope this helps in your search for answers.
Help for you

Kissimmee, FL

#107222 Jun 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but the excuses the bible gives for massive suffering do not equate with a powerful god, or a compassionate god.
Their is no need for this person to have suffered the abuse he did, and making excuses of the sort that the suffering was needed is sickening. In a way, you condone the abuse and support the abuser.
This twisted philosophy is part of the problem, not part of the solution.
Did you go on line to jw.org and at the top of the page click on publications then scroll down to the book "What Does The Bible REALLY Teach?". Then scroll down to chapter 11 "Why does God Allow Suffering?"If you have MP3 you can listen to it being read. Please do that before you make any blatant statements based on your personal opinion.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107223 Jun 20, 2013
Help for you wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go on line to jw.org and at the top of the page click on publications then scroll down to the book "What Does The Bible REALLY Teach?". Then scroll down to chapter 11 "Why does God Allow Suffering?"If you have MP3 you can listen to it being read. Please do that before you make any blatant statements based on your personal opinion.
Why should one have confidence or believe anything they say in an organization that rejected its founder and first two presidents for the first 63 years of its existence.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#107224 Jun 20, 2013
Go to merriam-webster and type in "delusion". Please do that before you make any blatant statements based on your personal opinion of a god.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107225 Jun 20, 2013
Help for you wrote:
<quoted text>
Go on line to jw.org and click on publications then scroll to the book "What Does The Bible REALLY Teach?" then scroll down to chapter 11 "Why Does God Permit Suffering" There you will find satisfying answers to your questions. If you have MP3 you can listen to it being read.
I hope this helps in your search for answers.
Your org. is a joke and you have no right to offer anyone advice!
No help for you

Kissimmee, FL

#107226 Jun 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Your org. is a joke and you have no right to offer anyone advice!
By whose authority?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#107227 Jun 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
help for you certainly has an arrogant topix name. the notion that there is any excuse for an allpowerfulallgood god to allow suffering should be contradicted by the assertion that the one definition of a god that we know is not correct (as opposed to merely disbelieving in the others) is of an allgoodallpowerful being, that made the rules and made the creation, and has intentions.

the only definition of a god that is correct and describes an existing being or beings, and is big enough to get a capital G, is that God is a name for everything that exists. All other definitions are lesser, and likely also not true - in that most describe supernatural beings, as well as nasty ones, in some respect.
No help for you

Kissimmee, FL

#107228 Jun 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
By whose authority? You must be stuck in a holler somewhere between Pikeville, KY and Grundy, VA and not "stuck in lodi"
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#107229 Jun 20, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You go on and on about how "bad" it would be to programed to love our "creator."
Tell me what would change if humankind had been created with a built-in desire to worship Yahweh?
What terrible difference would it have made?
Your idea of a "creator" sucks.
good grief, is yes and amen still around bothering people here? hasn't he been through at least one other name in the recent past? or are there two similar rightwing nutcases with similar approaches?

glad to see you always.

maybe the issue is whether we could construct a creator programmed to love us and not hurt us or lead us into danger and pain, or permit us to suffer. even a fictional one like that would be a better thing than the fictional one now promoted by the big three and most other religions. lies about free will are no excuse for a mother letting her child go out into a road and get run over. the same goes for the rotten gods that these crazy types believe in.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#107231 Jun 20, 2013
uuummm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You are not forcing anything on topix. Most of your post barely make any sense at all and I usually skip them. I believe I saw one where you used the term 'tard'. I would suggest that you should be ashamed of yourself but I don't think you get the concept.
The title of this thread is "Bible study rules for public schools proposed."
That is what I was referring to. Christians are not content to have the right to worship the way they see fit, they want to make everyone worship the way they see fit. They want to, and have passed laws to force people to do so.
If believing on Christ was all that was necessary then stop trying to force the Government to support your religion. Jesus did not try to force a change in earthly government. Never even suggested it. Follow His example.
your very interesting reply to yaa clearly implies that there are different sorts of self-described christians, including some nicer ones than yaa. Many Christians actually do respect the first amendment. The correct term for those who don't - I suggest - is right-wing religious nutcases who call themselves Christians.

There should be a coalition of decent people who are Christians and who do not try to force their views on others, along with people of other faiths and of no religion. Agnostics, atheists, skeptics, and other free-thinkers, as well as folks of other religions, should be willing to be friendly to Christians of a certain type. The requirements for trusting such Christians would include:

1) respect for separation of church and state
2) not threatening non-Christians with hell
3) not advocating the notion of armageddon being a good thing that we are waiting for with hope
4) not brainwashing children with a belief in a punishing God that sends folks to hell - that includes not brainwashing their own children

hope folks who are on the tolerant side agree with me on this, in general, and any additional requirements and similar suggestions would be welcome. All Christians are not equally harmful, and some can actually be helpful on many matters, when they put a good ethic ahead of theology, and are willing to cooperate with people who disagree with their theology.
Help for you

Kissimmee, FL

#107232 Jun 20, 2013
Try reading Revelation 21:3,4, Daniel 2:44 Matthew 5:5 and Psalms 37:9,10,11 & 29

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam Watts MUST GO! (Sep '12) 8 min Good ol boy 57
Indictments 34 min Tough 31
Who will win for Knox County Jailer 2014 1 hr Concerned taxpayer 16
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 1 hr you know 44
McDonald's girls (Jan '14) 2 hr Mcbeatdown 6
who will you vote for as jailer 2 hr you know 81
Sheila and Jennifer Brown 4 hr Inside 6
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. Fri Curiouswonderer 4
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match