Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,618

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#107357 Jun 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"less than likely to come to fruition."
A Net Search dispels that view in a couple of clicks......
Then make your case.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107359 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything about beating up someone. I teach my kids never to interfere in the lives of others unless it is to befriend them. I have gay friends believe it or not.
And no, I'm not against sex ed. I just prefer it be done by bringing a medical professional in for that class.
So you are willing to pay more taxes for the medical professionals?

You do not have to directly tell someone to use violence to incite one to be violent.
The way you speak of homosexuality, you put it in line with crimes.
And we are not just talking about your personal kids. You are speaking on a world wide forum. You have opened up your views of this for all to see. And the way the Mormon church funded the agenda for prop. 8, you are part of the organization that conspires to demand those outside their church to follow your religious beliefs by way of law.
So when you now say you are against interference of others, I call bull. You seem to be in denial about so much.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107360 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Slippery slope that has been discussed here before is what I was referring to.
Yes someone else mentioned it was a hoax. That's great, but it will happen soon enough even if it's just to make a statement.
Yes most piercings heal up. But most still leave scars. I can tell the guys that I work with that used to have them. There's still an indention. Funny thing is, a girl that worked for me had quarter sized gauges in. She tried to tell me it would grow right back if she took them out. That still makes me laugh.
I still fail to see any comparison with the piercings. Care to elaborate?

No one is trying to make bestiality legal, or marriage to animals recognized by the state.
Just what is the common thread bestiality have with gay marriage?
It sounds to me as if you are just repeating talking points that have no rhyme or reason to them.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107361 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but there is no conclusive evidence.
You do not think their is conclusive evidence for evolution.
But if their was, what you would consider conclusive evidence, would that affect your stance one bit?

The evidence science has on the matter leads them to conclude it is innate for the time being. Now if you have some evidence to show the claim as wrong, lets see it.
Their is not many in the relating fields that think homosexuality is not innate. Maybe a tiny handful, that also think Noah's ark is real.

Schools teach the science that is of consensus with professionals, not the religious fanatics.

But the thing is, schools are mainly speaking of bullying homosexuals. Are you telling me that teaching this is wrong? Are you saying they should not condemn bullying?

No matter what your book of superstitions says about the matter, no scientific evidence shows one should be bullied about for their legal sexual preferences.

Now if you can show the schools are teaching something that is false, please show us, and be specific. Otherwise, you are just moaning about something that is likely not even happening.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107362 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So why haven't all the scientists that do this for a living found conclusive evidence yet? I'm not a scientist. Don't blame me.
Why can't science find a cure for cancer? Nature is complex.
But you just seem to expect science to pinpoint all the answers to all of the universe as if the universe was a simple machine.
I doubt a ton of money is being dumped into pinpointing homosexuality, as only the bigots are disputing its innate nature anyways.
Not as if evidence affects those who believe in Noah's ark anyways.

A person makes conclusions based upon the evidence. Well, a reasonable person does. No evidence points to homosexuality not being innate. All evidence points to it being innate.
Just as all evidence points to evolution being true, and none does not. Thus the evidence based person is likely to conclude homosexuality is innate. The superstitious may conclude otherwise.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107363 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe any regular joe could conclude maybe it's not a delusion.
I take the conclusions of those who base their decisions upon evidence over unfounded superstitions any day.

Regular Joe's in India conclude the Hindu gods are real.
Regular Joe's in the middle east conclude Mohammed was the true prophet.
Regular Joe's in ancient Egypt concluded that Ra was the sun god.
Their are hundreds of gods that have been invented by man that regular Joe's concluded were true.
But for some reason, this absolute fact is not taken into consideration by you. Or at least you never acknowledge the fact, nor show reason why it might not be relevant. You just ignore it to stay in delusion, just as all the regular Joe's I cited above.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107364 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Sounds like you are mixed up. The church fell away sometime after the apostles all were killed or died. By the time of Constantine, it is obvious that God was not speaking to man. They couldn't decide on important doctrinal issues because they had no direct revelation from God anymore. This was apostasy.
It is obvious to me god never has spoken to man.
We show you evidence daily. The many beliefs in the many gods should be evidence enough.
What Constantine had was an army that beat the Romans, thus he had power to dictate religion, which he did.
Religions all through history spread by the sword. Christianity is certainly one of them.
Your religion is no different than others in history.
This is massive evidence of it being artificial. I make my conclusions based upon evidence of what is likely.
And what looks likely is, your god is no more real than Ra.

You would have had a better argument if your religion had sprouted to massive sizes without violence. It did not, so your religion is just as all others. Your religion trickled until a powerful leader of armies embraced it, and used it to build more armies.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107365 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they have happened. Look at the corruption that has taken place in the Catholic Church since its beginning. And all Protestant churches came from it. And if the Bible is true when it says you can't grow good fruit from a dead tree, then this would mean the apostasy was in effect.
It is true that Revelation does not tell us this. But we also know that the Bible did not reveal to us all the mysteries of the Kingdom of God. We only received what they were ready to hear at the time. And Christ chastised them and called them ye of little faith. Imagine the knowledge we can obtain from God if we prepare ourselves to hear it. This is why we should not limit our knowledge of God's wonders to just this one record. The apostles said that they could not record all the many wonders that Jesus did on earth. Why would you not suppose that there is much more that we are supposed to learn?
I can't turn away from the knowledge that I have gained, as it has been confirmed to me by the same Holy Ghost that has confirmed to you that Jesus is the Christ.
All you have to do is study these things and ask God if it is true. You will be glad you did.
Even if you do and decide that it isn't of God, you still will have to study the Bible harder to compare the teachings, so either way you win, as you will be brought closer to Christ.
It is as if the bible can be interpreted in numerous ways, and this is why we have over 38,000 different sects. It is a testament to the holy ghost being only your own thoughts and beliefs, nothing more.

I see no evidence pointing to your stories as real, and all evidence points to the stories as being invented by man.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107366 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not evidence. I just try to be funny sometimes to lighten the mood.
Bullying does not need to be addressed by basically putting the subjects in the limelight. That only makes it worse for them anyway.
Do you really think if you had a class that taught us that nerdy people didn't deserve to be picked on would change the fact that people are going to single out the nerds to pick on them? No, it will only embarrass the nerds. It should be strictly taught and enforced at home and at school that bullying of any kind is wrong.
Just because I don't approve of the actions of some people doesn't mean I think they deserve to be beat up.
Look, if the religious kids are beating up the homosexual kids in school, then it is their RESPONSIBILITY to take charge, as you are clearly not doing the job. In fact, I think your words and your churches actions have compounded the situation.
Back in the "good old days" things like this were swept under the rug and never spoken of, just as with many abuses.

Will the kids listen to the teachers over your propaganda of homosexuality being on par with bestiality? Well it sure is an uphill battle with the likes your powerful, organized, bigot machine of a church, but I will be on the pro-active side instead of the "sweep it under the rug" side.

Violence upon homosexuals for the simple fact they are homosexuals, is a hate crime. It can carry some serious charges. I hope schools will teach the law, and encourage our kids to follow them and understand the consequences.

BTW, the only reason it is of hate, is due to the religious dogma/superstition you push.

Also, if you detect some anger in my tone, you would be correct, as your posts are really firing me up.
These are reasons why I protest superstitions, and will continue to do so as long as these injustices are being perpetrated by the superstitious.
This is why many are leaving religion. This fight will win you no converts.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107367 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a metaphor. It means God will not speak with man for a period of time as if no more scripture will be given from direct revelation.
Have you never read Revelations? It is slammed full of metaphors.
Ah yes metaphors. They can be interpreted in a multitude of ways and this often leads to disputes as you are having now.
"Period of time"? Well a second could be a period of time, so as long as holy books are extremely vague and no specific like this, the claimed leaders of said religion can point to a myriad of events to claim fulfilled prophesies.
It is all textbook propaganda techniques that are proven to work for indoctrination. All religions use it. Your religion is nothing different than others.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107368 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sociology of Families. I have no problem naming the class for you. And that was many years ago. It was an elective in college. So as it has become more acceptable in society, we have people right in this forum that think it should be taught in grade school as a non-elective. I disagree. This has nothing to do with priesthood. This is my personal opinion.
And I told you how I was flipping channels and heard the goat crap. And that I kept flipping. I shook my head and kept going. I wanted to hear music anyway. But I still expect to hear it someday soon by someone trying to make a statement that they should have this right.
And again, I would never encourage violence or bullying of any kind. I serve on several movements to stop bullying currently. It is despicable to me in any form.
How can you stop bullying if you do not even comprehend what fuels bullying? Your statements stoke the fires of bullying.
Every-time you compare homosexuality to bestiality, you are stoking a fire.
The Mormon church bullied homosexuals by funding prop 8 activists.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107369 Jun 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NOT a superstitious belief IF God is real, and...
He is!
Nowhere in our constitution does it say we Have to allow perverse people to do what they want!
If we do... you might as well release Sandusky, and every other sick person... After all... they were born that way!
Give me a break!
No... Romans 1 says it quite well, and that truth bothers you!
Comparing homosexuals to child molesters is just fueling the fire of bullying.
If your perversion is not intruding upon non consenting persons of age, or animals, the constitution has no valid stipulations to make it illegal.
It is so sad you do not even understand the constitution.
America is not a theocracy. It does not have to bow to your superstitious dogma for rules.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107370 Jun 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NOT a superstitious belief IF God is real, and...
He is!
Now if you could only muster up a logical, reasonable, evidence based case for that claim.
I assume the dots.....mean you could not think of any.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107371 Jun 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You forget...
The Creator can/will do anything He wants...
He is bigger than what you see!
Get to know Him... You will be glad you did!
He is magic, nuff said.
Can he create a rock he cannot lift?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#107373 Jun 22, 2013
haventt forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> you do seem a lot like Skeptic. both of you obscene and nasty. you are a bad example of atheism. I would prefer to have someone like TT blow you up. These stupid terrorists who hit innocent people at random should consult me first and get an enemies list of the horrid people of this world, like you and Skeptic. It is not nice to kill innocents.
Blow me.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#107374 Jun 22, 2013
Someone that posted the following calls its self an atheist,

"you do seem a lot like Skeptic. both of you obscene and nasty. you are a bad example of atheism. I would prefer to have someone like TT blow you up. These stupid terrorists who hit innocent people at random should consult me first and get an enemies list of the horrid people of this world, like you and Skeptic. It is not nice to kill innocents."

I know it sounds just like a religie.
Believe like I do or die.

Todays atheists with their hatred, hypocrisy, arrogance and fence sitting is why I no longer consider myself an atheist.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#107375 Jun 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>He is magic, nuff said.
Can he create a rock he cannot lift?
I believe this passage will answer your question....

"... As it is written: See I lay a stone in Zion that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

But something about the heathen that confounds me.

You claim not to believe, yet are constantly attacking God.

You refer to him by name..Yahweh
You call him cruel,a monster....

How is it that the heathen blame and lodge accusations against a deity that the heathen claim does not, nor did ever exist.

A sound mind does not function in such a manner.

I have the distinct impression that you do believe and can not bring yourselves to admit it for your arrogance....

Merely an observation based on the behaviour I have witnessed
GWB

Roseville, CA

#107377 Jun 22, 2013
Greg Peterson: Utah Mormon GOP Activist Charged with Kidnapping, Beating & Raping Four Women in Cabin He Used for Political Fundraisers.

http://home.conservativebabylon.com/2012/07/2...
GWB

Roseville, CA

#107378 Jun 22, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
"... As it is written: See I lay a stone in Zion that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

And those who trust in him have been put to shame and still trust in him.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#107380 Jun 22, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
But something about the heathen that confounds me.
You claim not to believe, yet are constantly attacking God.
You refer to him by name..Yahweh
You call him cruel,a monster....
How is it that the heathen blame and lodge accusations against a deity that the heathen claim does not, nor did ever exist.
A sound mind does not function in such a manner.
I have the distinct impression that you do believe and can not bring yourselves to admit it for your arrogance....
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
---Aristotle

Atheists merely point out the obvious... IF there were such a creature as Yahweh as described in the bible, then he would be a monster.
We also point out the fact that there is NO PROOF for such a being other than in the delusional minds of some people.

Your "distinct impression" is incorrect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
no nickle tax knox BOE 5 hr sick of taxes 2
Mayor Darren west come get political signs 6 hr Catron resident 4
fire station or not 10 hr Citizen 3
HAppy Thanksgiving Everyone! 14 hr gator 2
how can a murderer walk the streets!!!! 21 hr john 16
Phillip Vaughn (Oct '10) Wed Loving 9
Separate Wed Loving 3
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 24 beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts