Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
102,481 - 102,500 of 130,592 Comments Last updated 28 min ago

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107188 Jun 19, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
Yes, again, you really really do not get this. You think I'm childish like you people and tell others that they are wrong because they are different. You think I have beliefs that don't change regardless of any information supplied. No. You are looking in a mirror and attempting to attribute your flaws to me. I have many flaws, but they have nothing to do with any of this. I mean, seriously... there is not a chance of you poking a hole in me on this. I am not just a facade of logic over a core of unreasoned stupidity. I am objective to the core. I reason everything out. I have an exceedingly malleable concept of reality, and I only accept what the evidence leads to.
Ironic you pull the same thing you accuse others of (I know you are but what am I?). But you call others hypocrites. That's irony.

Professionalism involves respectful presentation of an argument, not how long your argument is.

No, it isn't a trait, it is arrogance. Using your own conclusion to judge others aggressively by calling them stupid and morons, is not grounded by fact, only your conclusion (opinion). So therefore, you have to demean others to convince them that their opinion is wrong and yours is right, and you throw around the word logic as if it had anything to do with it.

No no, don't get me wrong, I never made mention that you couldn't change your mind. I'm only talking about your childish, bully method of presenting your arguments. You're taking this down some other rabbit hole that I don't care about. I'm just explaining why you are a bully and why no one really cares how great you think you are (and it started with why I don't click your links). I really couldn't care less how often you change your mind. That wasn't even a topic I was concerned with. Use that concept of reality to self diagnose your ridiculous behavior towards others and apply it to the logic that society doesn't need it.

Location hidden

#107189 Jun 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Would you care to provide the title of the textbook that teaches civil union, marriage (either SS or M/F) or bestiality to children?
It isn't "bullying" to note when someone's reasoning is flawed.
When homosexual relationships was introduced in my classroom, it was not in a textbook. They brought in a family unit to talk to us about how they function.

My point about beastiality is that it will be next. I even heard about it on the radio this morning driving to work that some dude wants to marry his goat now. Unfortunately, this wasn't a joke.

No, you are correct, there is no problem when someone objects to an opinion, until they start using their own opinion as if it were fact and proceed to call others names in the process. This is a common theme that presents itself quickly with this poster on almost every thread. It is tiring to see over and over.

Location hidden

#107190 Jun 19, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And this is why we debate against you and your superstition.
Just as when your superstition mandated no black persons should be allowed in the priesthood, the schools did not wait for your church morals to catch up to societies. Schools taught that blacks were equal in all ways and should have equal rights. They taught that picking on them was wrong.
Sorry, but I can't agree that homosexuality does not go against nature. There is no proof that people are born gay. Therefore, I do not want schools teaching that to my children in school.

Location hidden

#107191 Jun 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's because you were indoctrinated into it because your parents were also indoctrinated. It's called "the cycle of abuse." Other religions, those which did not need to indoctrinate people, lasted a lot longer than 2,000 years.
Your opinion. I see why you say that, but I disagree.

What religions do you think are free of what you call indoctrination?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107192 Jun 19, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I can't agree that homosexuality does not go against nature. There is no proof that people are born gay. Therefore, I do not want schools teaching that to my children in school.
So you think homosexuality is supernatural.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107193 Jun 19, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not state opinion.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#107194 Jun 20, 2013
Shunned wrote:
This is a random post and I apologize up front for my rambling but I'm here seeking opinions that are like/similar to my own. I grew up in church, it was a wonderful place where I was educated about this extraordinary man, Jesus Christ, who performed miracles and saved souls.
However, during that time, as a child, I went through periods of verbal and sexual abuse from relatives and bullying in school from other children. I wondered where the good lord was at when I was dealing with this. I was such an innocent good child at that time who did not deserve the treatment I received but received no help whatsoever from the good lord.
Out of pride and embarrassment, I kept a lot of what happened to me a big secret until nearly a year ago because there were others I felt I needed to protect from a few of these animals. Now the secrets are out and I've been having to deal with them all over again. I've prayed for healing for such a long time but the emotional pain I've felt refuses to go away. And I'm still waiting on the good lord.
The emotional scars dished out to me hindered my confidence build up for years. I've been single all my life. It's torture, it's a living hell. I have managed to have earned a college degree and have been a very dedicated employee with a decent salary but have had to deal with a lot of political ass kissing bullshit.
All this negative stuff has been compounding and I can't shake it off no matter how hard I try. Where's the good lord?
I'm at a point in my life that I'm ready to officially cut ties with all friends and family and only deal with people I only have to deal with. All I ever wanted was status along with the American Dream. But all I have despite my efforts are emotional scars from the verbal/physical abuse. I've done my best to be a good person. I haven't hurt a soul but I have a heart that is crushed. I want this hurt to stop, I never asked for it, I prayed for the good lord's help but still feel void of it.
I should be a happily married soul with children and a good job, but life has flown half way by and part of that equation is empty despite having friends and to some extent, family. Trying to please so many not including myself has cost me a lot of happiness. Shame on me.
I feel absolutely pathetic, I feel as if I was brought into this world to be a whipping post and I hurt so bad for that. Where's the good lord?
I apologize for my yapping but I needed to vent anonymously and found the safe place to do it. I'm at the point where I'm on the verge of cutting out the rest of my family and friends from my life. I'm so tired of hurting. It's a tragedy to think I know what my purpose in the world is only to not have a clue when push comes to shove.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate all the comments made both good and bad from those who choose to remark back to me.
Have a good evening.
I notice that a lot of others have replied. I second the suggestion that therapy could help. Therapy is basically hashing out your problems with an impartial third party who is trained to help you do it. Well worth the effort, and sometimes necessary.

It sucks that these things happened to you. Sounds like the reactions of people in your life are not helping matters.

You can follow whatever path you prefer but keep in mind that the religious suggestions have only one agenda: converts and souls. Religion is only concerned about the afterlife, not the right here and now. Sounds like you need help working through the right here and now.

Good luck to you, friend.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#107195 Jun 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's because you were indoctrinated into it because your parents were also indoctrinated. It's called "the cycle of abuse." Other religions, those which did not need to indoctrinate people, lasted a lot longer than 2,000 years.
All religions are due to indoctrinations of some sort. The fact 80% of all religious persons, worldwide follow the religion of their parents is not a coincidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107196 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
When homosexual relationships was introduced in my classroom, it was not in a textbook. They brought in a family unit to talk to us about how they function.
My point about beastiality is that it will be next. I even heard about it on the radio this morning driving to work that some dude wants to marry his goat now. Unfortunately, this wasn't a joke.
No, you are correct, there is no problem when someone objects to an opinion, until they start using their own opinion as if it were fact and proceed to call others names in the process. This is a common theme that presents itself quickly with this poster on almost every thread. It is tiring to see over and over.
So because someone is actually into bestiality, you think schools are going to teach it is OK?
You forget the part about animals not being able to consent. Homosexuals are only OK if they are of consent. Rape is rape.

Now I do not think you are stupid for being religious, but you have no excuse for this lack of logic and reasoning.

So are you worried about homosexuality being spoke of in accepting manners in schools, or are you just worried about bestiality?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107197 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not agree with a lot of what nature is, so your judgement on nature holds no merit with me.
Science agrees the evidence shows people are born homosexual. You say "proof" in the ignorant way the non scientific speak. Proof is in the eye of the beholder. No evidence can prove a claim to someone who is so closed minded to science and it contradicts his religious dogma.
The idea of being born homosexual has been proven to scientists who are in fields relating to psychology. Look it up.
If you do not like public schools teaching what science says, then take your kids out of the public schools. Go private and have them indoctrinated to the max with your superstitious dogma.

Public schools are of government, thus it teaches science, not needing to make curriculum respecting the establishment of religion. This is not a theocracy, America is a secular nation.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107198 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
None.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107199 Jun 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you read his post, you would know he tried that and it did not work.
Like you???
You quit, or didn't really want Christ to begin with!
Christ is still the answer for everything!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107200 Jun 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I already know why you call all atheists, tards. It is due to your doctrine. It has created a hubris person who cannot understand those unlike himself.
I understand you, and I know why you believe. I do not agree with it, but I do not think you are stupid for doing so. You were just brainwashed by the religion. It is very human to follow such things. The smartest people can be brainwashed.
Obviously... you've not read my stories... How could I be saved by an imaginary God???
Fact is... I could not!
God is real... Get to know Him...
You will be glad you did!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107201 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
"First it will be_____, then the next thing you know they'll want _____." That's so lame, dude. The line has been used for thousands of years to exacerbate reasonable claims as outrageous. If you web search "man wants to marry his ____" you can find a completion of the sentence with practically anything. The story of a Des Moines man wanting to marry a goat is a spoof. You should start listening to a different radio station since that one lies to you.
Somebody brought in a gay couple for show and tell? Maybe that's because there is a serious issue with BULLYING. Given all of the misconceptions, condemnations and hostility that bigots and fanatics have perpetuated, I can understand why school administrators felt there was a need to address a point of respect that churches are failing to.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107202 Jun 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>A single check is not a balance.
Good vs Evil,
Righteousness vs Un-righteousness,
Truth vs Lies...
List goes on....
More than one check!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107203 Jun 20, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I worship the same Christ. I just accept all of His doctrine. I realized early on that if we all had His complete doctrine, we would all believe the exact same way. But satan has caused confusion between sects of believers.
And of course I believe He is the only begotten Son. But I think you have to do more than simply believe in Jesus. The devil's demons believe in Him.
The "special underwear" is nothing more than an outward reminder of covenants that we made to our Heavenly Father. They are symbolic of the garments given to Adam and Eve to cover their nakedness so they remained modest. Nothing more.
We believe that God restored His full gospel through modern prophets. God is a God of order, and so He would want His church to have the same order. Not thousands of slightly different interpretations of His scriptures.
"But satan has caused confusion"...
Yes, yes he has!
"God is a God of order, and so He would want His church to have the same order."
You answered with truth here...
Since Christ's birth to Joseph Smith... 1800 years!
You are saying... God screwed up for 1800 years!
Good luck with that!
... Did God really say....?
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107204 Jun 20, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
If your imaginary friend "could have made robots," then he should have.
After all he only wants one thing out of his "creations" ...that they worship him.
He could have built that in easily right from the start, right?
Why would it interfer with day-to-day living if we ALL believed in the same deity?
Wouldn't change who you married, what job you worked at, or who your friends were.
Wouldn't really change ANYTHING except there might be more peace in the world.
But you choose to believe that he gave mankind "free will."
Knowing that most would NOT worship him (omniscient, remember), he is ok with condemning most of those "souls" to eternal torture.
And you really think this kind of being should be deserving of respect, love, worship? Why?
Oh yes, because you think he did YOU a favor.
He gave you air too... You can choose not to breath...
if you want!
No... He wants people to WANT Him, and yes... What He did for me was AWESOME, but even If I did not have Him... I would still
tell you to follow Him, but that is your choice!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#107205 Jun 20, 2013
uuummm wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is all that is needed then stop using the Bible to force what you believe is the right actions on the rest of us. Thanks.
Oh! I'm sorry... didn't know I was forcing anything on you, as you have the right, not to read a word I post!
Good day!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#107206 Jun 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>He gave you air too... You can choose not to breath...
if you want!
No... He wants people to WANT Him, and yes... What He did for me was AWESOME, but even If I did not have Him... I would still
tell you to follow Him, but that is your choice!
You go on and on about how "bad" it would be to programed to love our "creator."
Tell me what would change if humankind had been created with a built-in desire to worship Yahweh?
What terrible difference would it have made?

Your idea of a "creator" sucks.
uuummm

London, KY

#107207 Jun 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh! I'm sorry... didn't know I was forcing anything on you, as you have the right, not to read a word I post!
Good day!
LOL! You are not forcing anything on topix. Most of your post barely make any sense at all and I usually skip them. I believe I saw one where you used the term 'tard'. I would suggest that you should be ashamed of yourself but I don't think you get the concept.

The title of this thread is "Bible study rules for public schools proposed."

That is what I was referring to. Christians are not content to have the right to worship the way they see fit, they want to make everyone worship the way they see fit. They want to, and have passed laws to force people to do so.

If believing on Christ was all that was necessary then stop trying to force the Government to support your religion. Jesus did not try to force a change in earthly government. Never even suggested it. Follow His example.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paylake on us 25 w 3 min Homer 2
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 13 min Big rig 71 1,921
coming soon 35 min barbourville ky 1
emergency 48 min london ky 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 56 min Obama Zombies 151,410
free pot belly pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sep '09) 1 hr cisneros 36
Holly or Nikki who will Brett pick 1 hr Fighting 1
Kentucky Fried Chicken 15 hr toenail eater 11
Walmart Supercenter 22 hr Bigdaddy 6
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••